AwesomeYears' Ace Attorney Custom/Fan Music

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

AwesomeYears
Spoken languages: English

AwesomeYears' Ace Attorney Custom/Fan Music

Post by AwesomeYears »

(I hope I'm not breaking any rules by creating a new topic, I've already got a spriting-based topic on this board, however I'm retiring from creating sprites and want to exclusively focus on music instead.)

G'day all,

My new years resolution for 2020 is to start composing music regularly, and I thought I'd start by creating my own soundtrack for a DS-era Ace Attorney game. Each song I compose will be faithful to the DS style by using only DS soundfonts (primarily the Ace Attorney Trilogy soundfonts and Investigation soundfonts) with the exception of a couple of 8bit VSTs. I aim to replicate the Ace Attorney Trilogy music style the best I can while adding my own flair. If you like my songs and want to use it for whatever project you're using it for, feel free to use it (with credit of course as "AwesomeYears")!

Thanks for listening!

Investigation Opening 2020
Courtroom Lobby ~ A Dynamic Prelude
Jolting Logic
Lost
Cross-Examination ~ Moderato 2020
Last edited by AwesomeYears on Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:06 am, edited 5 times in total.
Initiate
Spoken languages: English, Borginian

Re: AwesomeYears' Ace Attorney Custom/Fan Music

Post by Initiate »

Had a quick listen to Investigation Opening ~ 2020 and I have to say you've come the closest to capturing that blend of smooth backing and crunchy leads that makes DS-era AA music so dear to me. Well done!
AwesomeYears

Post by AwesomeYears »

Initiate wrote:Had a quick listen to Investigation Opening ~ 2020 and I have to say you've come the closest to capturing that blend of smooth backing and crunchy leads that makes DS-era AA music so dear to me. Well done!
Thank you for your kind words! Yes, I was hoping to achieve just that! Listening to other custom music by others, I can appreciate their efforts, I just didn't feel the punch in their songs and they stray too far away from the source material, I definitely listened to the original trilogy music way too much to gain inspiration and reference hehe.
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

Sounds good! It's always cool hearing custom AA music, and yours fits well with the instrumentation used in the actual games.
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
AwesomeYears

Post by AwesomeYears »

SuperAj3 wrote:Sounds good! It's always cool hearing custom AA music, and yours fits well with the instrumentation used in the actual games.
Thanks man! I really love fan music, and there hasn't been much custom AA music in a while, so why don't I spoil all of ya guys?

Anyway, got a new track for you guys, and I'm probably going to follow the OST route when composing my next songs, so next song will be the court music.

Courtroom Lobby ~ A Dynamic Prelude

I'm most likely going to fix this particular song a bit because some of the instrumentation and sections doesn't feel right to me so I've gotta figure it out in the meantime.
Starora

Post by Starora »

They sound great!
Keep up the good work!
AwesomeYears

Post by AwesomeYears »

Starora wrote:They sound great!
Keep up the good work!
Thanks! I'll definitely keep up the work, starting with a couple more songs for your ears!

Jolting Logic

I lied, I had a really good logic theme stuck in me and had to get it out there first. I went a bit overboard with the length of the piece, it's twice as long as the Logic theme from AA1! Still, I think for you musicians you'd appreciate the time signature at least if you can figure it out :^)

Courtroom Lobby ~ A Dynamic Prelude v2

And I've fixed up the previous piece by making it not as boring and plain and empty, and added a few more ideas and swapped the bass with something punchier. So listen to that one instead of the old theme please.
Tiagofvarela
Spoken languages: English, Portuguese

Post by Tiagofvarela »

The familiar sounds really make it for me!
A Laggy Turnabout ★
A Batty Turnabout ★
A Tricky Turnabout ★
Upcoming: A Worldly Turnabout, A Courtly Turnabout, A Clumsy Turnabout, A Needy Turnabout
Nicky Boy
Spoken languages: Ελληνικά, English

Post by Nicky Boy »

Tiagofvarela wrote:The familiar sounds really make it for me!
Agreed, they sound pretty neat!
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
AwesomeYears

Post by AwesomeYears »

*Last post: Jan 10th*

And this is why I don't make New Years Resolution, because I become extremely busy within the first month smh.

Anyway, I'm back bringing my ideas, and this time, it's... a sad tune, not specific for anything, but I've named it "Lost" because that's what I aimed it to be (and I've composed it as a character's theme that I've been forming in my head because I like to get creative).

Lost

Got a "Questioning" theme concocted as well, just gotta experiment with the instrumentation!
Nicky Boy
Spoken languages: Ελληνικά, English

Post by Nicky Boy »

Ooh, Lost sounds really nice!
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
AwesomeYears

Post by AwesomeYears »

Nicky Boy wrote:Ooh, Lost sounds really nice!
Thanks! I've got more to come!

I've got the Cross-Examination (moderato version) done! I've done some big experimental thing where every time the melody comes back in, it adds an extra quaver/quarter note, from 1-8, and I think I executed it quite nicely! Now to do the allegro version hehe.

Cross-Examination ~ Moderato 2020