How do I resize a sprite?

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Jester
Spoken languages: English

How do I resize a sprite?

Post by Jester »

I have been trying to figure out how am I going to resize some sprites to fit the trial system in place here (256x192), but unfortunately although the sprite is decent and suitable, I don't own it and want to use it, but it is way too big, and only shows the forehead of him when in place of the game, I am wondering how do I resize it from the tab or page and make it fit right within the editor? (original size is 1024x1024 both pixels for your information. Of course you could glean it from information by looking hard enough anyway.) Also link to the artwork is here. https://www.deviantart.com/jonathanw145 ... -895920260 Just trying to figure out how I can make that work right now.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: How do I resize a sprite?

Post by Enthalpy »

You need some program to edit the image file. Your first step is to pick one. There may be a way to do this in-browser, but I'd download a free image editing program, like GIMP.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Jester

Post by Jester »

Finally found a clean way to resize sprites, just use a website called ezgif.com, normally you would download the gif, but instead you can right click on the new edited image and copy its address and then paste that address into the trial and character poses to get it to work, of course the sprites may not be perfectly cleanly edited but it works, and can be done without downloading a thing as long as you have a url link (specifically the image link would be best), or file.
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

Jester wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:03 am Finally found a clean way to resize sprites, just use a website called ezgif.com, normally you would download the gif, but instead you can right click on the new edited image and copy its address and then paste that address into the trial and character poses to get it to work, of course the sprites may not be perfectly cleanly edited but it works, and can be done without downloading a thing as long as you have a url link (specifically the image link would be best), or file.
I'd recommend saving the ezgif images and reuploading rather than hotlinking. I think those links are temporary plus it's not good to use another site's bandwidth unless they permit it.
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Jester

Post by Jester »

Ok you were right on the link being temporary when it was from ezgif, so I had to try to use google photos to make it work, of course since I could download the "new" gif using ezgif, now I have finally got it to likely work and (hopefully longer) just upload the file on google photos and then copy the image address, you will have to open the image in a new tab and then copy the image address and then paste it into the url, god this was really unnecessarily hard, but hey finally found a way to take sprites and make them fit to the right dimensions and "upload" the file.
AlterUniverse
Spoken languages: Español, English, Deutsch, Eu falo um pouco de PT

Post by AlterUniverse »

Jester wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:53 am Ok you were right on the link being temporary when it was from ezgif, so I had to try to use google photos to make it work, of course since I could download the "new" gif using ezgif, now I have finally got it to likely work and (hopefully longer) just upload the file on google photos and then copy the image address, you will have to open the image in a new tab and then copy the image address and then paste it into the url, god this was really unnecessarily hard, but hey finally found a way to take sprites and make them fit to the right dimensions and "upload" the file.
For saving the gifs you download with ezgif You can use dropbox, I use that website for all of my things in my cases, music, images, backgrounds, icons, etc for at least 7 years and never one of them got erased or broken.

Some people think that page don't work with AAO but that's because you need to change the url a little bit, an example with one of my first sprites, when you upload an images you can "share copy link" but the url would be a little like this "https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6qe2fqqlr7lc ... o.gif?dl=0" you need to change the www part to dl and delete the ?dl=0 part so it ends with .gif the url and you would have your image popping in the case maker, here the example with the corrections I told you earlier.

applekitty

Post by applekitty »

lucdi wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:27 pm It's very easy if you know how
Thanks. Really needed this to figure out how to resize sprites. Great tutorial!
Last edited by applekitty on Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage
eerew

Post by eerew »

lucdi wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:27 pm It's very easy if you know how
OK