E.D.'s Practical Arts [Cellphone Remixes Up!]

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Broocevelt
Spoken languages: ES/FR/EN/DE

Re: E.D.'s Practical Arts (Requests: 0/5) [Lana WIP up!]

Post by Broocevelt »

One pixel above would do it, but I disagree.
It's definitely better like this :P
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

It makes her look really stupid now, worse than before.

Edit the damn lips D=
Sligneris
Spoken languages: English, Polish

Post by Sligneris »

...Wow, I caused a war here. It will be like ladder vs stepladder xD

Anyway, this just my suggestion for E.D. everything depends on his opinion.
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Sorry. This won't do. It's worse. You gave her a face that's too long now with that edit, both figuratively and literally. This really will not work.
Sligneris

Post by Sligneris »

Hm... Okay. It's not like I want to force on you alteration of your own creation or anything. :)
Last edited by Sligneris on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Ohhh man it sucks when your intentions are completely different from the actual wording of the post...better edit that :P
Sligneris

Post by Sligneris »

One "not" added. Thanks, I often have problems with that. :?
Andrescaradepez
Spoken languages: Español

Post by Andrescaradepez »

Spoiler : :
Spoiler : Lana Skye Sprites. Credits for bases go to Unas, Tap, and Dypo. DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION :
ImageImage
Normal Set

ImageImage
Thinking Set 1: Thumb. One of two thinking sets. This one is for situations that are less serious in nature and don't require as much thought. Though if someone wanted to create a top screen thinking graphic similar to this... *coughphantommlookingatyoucough*

ImageImageImage
Thinking Set 2: Finger Tap. The second of the thinking sets. This can also be considered a mocking pose, as she doesn't look at the witness/judge/Mia once. :P

ImageImage
Serious Set. Obviously when she's being very serious. Though not quite like...

ImageImage
Oh my! Set. Can be used in a variety of situation where Lana is "softening" herself. When she's curious, when she's saying "Oh I'm sorry" or when she's pleasantly surprised.

ImageImage
Pissed Set. When the defense starts to annoy Lana to hell or when she's really glaring at the defense, judge or the witness. Trust me, you don't want to be in the receiving end of her glare, for guess what she'll do to you when she calls you to her office? :fran:

ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tablet Set 1: With Stylus. The original set didn't have the stylus animated, so I decided to do something about it. There's a reason there's five in this set.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tablet Set 2: Touchscreen. Depends on the technology available in "2015" :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tablet Set 3: Left Hand Hold. Useful when she's just looking at the set of data she has for the evidence.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Disappointed Sets. There's a reason she's not even attempting to look at you. You have disappointed her!

ImageImage
Nervous Sweat Set. This is the true iteration of her nervous sweat sprite, prosecutor style. Too easy to go for a Mia base, not so easy to do a true one.

Damage Sprite. Obviously, you know she's been defeated when you get her to bite her thumb off. Do that several times, and we'll need a medic to restore her blood. :P

Sprite Sheet
Can I Use Them for an future project???
I always tought something else... but, I found out I was more important that that!
E.D.Revolution

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Sure. Send me a link when you've used them in a project. Although I am modifying a few sprites and most likely adding a couple more sprites to this already large set. (Tekken syndrome lol)
Andrescaradepez
Spoken languages: Español

Post by Andrescaradepez »

E.D.Revolution wrote:Sure. Send me a link when you've used them in a project. Although I am modifying a few sprites and most likely adding a couple more sprites to this already large set. (Tekken syndrome lol)
Thank You!
I always tought something else... but, I found out I was more important that that!
E.D.Revolution

Post by E.D.Revolution »

It's rare that I have to write an explosion on any of my threads, but catching up on what was going on, well...

I am really starting to get pissed over the Lana issue. I've repeatedly asked for help with my sprites because I recognize I'm not a full-time sprite artist and I need help. (I have a lot of stuff to do, but I do what I can and can take advice). Guess what? Nobody gives me real advice, and the help I'm looking for doesn't get answered. Getting very useless advice annoys me a hell of a lot more than not getting the help I need. I can expect help to come few and between. But having advice that's totally useless to me is a total time waster and a nuisance. Add repeated useless advice, and you get the point.

I recognize problems with my set. I KNOW that the head is too big, and I recognize that from the start doing it. I've been told that before, but I never get any useful advice for fixing it. And for now, I'm unwilling to fix it. The big reason I'm unwilling to change the whole set is... well, Phantom said it best:
Remaking the entire sprite set again would be pretty detrimental to the progress of ED's case that he's been making with his series at this point...
I don't have the time to invest to making a completely revamped set. I don't have the know-how to fix the head size without using dirty tricks (and I honestly don't think I can fix it). I wish I was able to fix the sprites, but due to my situation, this takes a back seat. Right now I care more about two sprites that I need that I haven't gotten, and I made it clear what I need: fixing the arm in the desk slam and a zoom based on it.

Ceres, I recognize your opinion, and I respect it because I recognize who you are and what kind of work you've done. You've got respect that is earned.

I do not care for Spode's criticism. I may have taken his criticism before, but that was before he started to become a very annoying nitpicker, self-claiming "expert" all over the art threads, who happens to steal artwork. Anyone who commits misdemeanors here loses respect, and stealing artwork or "forgetting" to ask permission when stated is a major one in my book. You've stolen my work once before, and my rules (stated at the TOP!) made it clear what I expect if someone wants to use my work (forgiven, but it has to be mentioned). You try to excessively nitpick on my work, but not doing anything useful to help improve. (The reworking of Lana didn't make things better because the edit made it worse.) You talk about my work behind my back. And now you have the nerve to tick me off for the last time.

This is the second time I've had to do this, but enough is enough.

Slingeris, you are forbidden from using ANY of my works. CR/AAO, doesn't matter. You have lost all rights to use any of my work. I've revoked any permission for you to use Lana in any future work. Any future requests from you will not be answered because my answer will automatically be no. This ban is not retroactive, and it only affects future works/posts. No one may use my work for Spode. If this ban is being circumvented, please let me know (if I haven't already known about it). I will take swift action if this happens.
Sligneris

Post by Sligneris »

E.D.Revolution wrote:I do not care for Spode's criticism. I may have taken his criticism before, but that was before he started to become a very annoying nitpicker, self-claiming "expert" all over the art threads
Never claimed to be one. I think you're a bit too pissed on me, seriously. I tried to show what you can fix. You accept this? It was nice to help. You don't? That's fine anyway. All over the art threads? As I recall I wasn't the one who started discussion about your Lana sprites with exception for this one.
E.D.Revolution wrote:who happens to steal artwork.
I believe this was already settled.
E.D.Revolution wrote:Anyone who commits misdemeanors here loses respect, and stealing artwork or "forgetting" to ask permission when stated is a major one in my book. You've stolen my work once before, and my rules (stated at the TOP!) made it clear what I expect if someone wants to use my work (forgiven, but it has to be mentioned).
I found them in Request Topic, not in your thread. As I said once, you usually post something in Request Topic, then you want someone to help you edit something, isn't that correct? And there was no note not to use them, neither to ask for permission. Yet, I still understand that this could annoy you.
E.D.Revolution wrote:You try to excessively nitpick on my work, but not doing anything useful to help improve. (The reworking of Lana didn't make things better because the edit made it worse.)
Yes, totally objective opinion. You know that things like these depend mostly on someone's liking, I hope? I believe it was useful. The fact that you didn't use it doesn't matter to me.
E.D.Revolution wrote:You talk about my work behind my back. And now you have the nerve to tick me off for the last time.
Talking behind your back? With two of three threads being yours?
E.D.Revolution wrote:Slingeris, you are forbidden from using ANY of my works. CR/AAO, doesn't matter. You have lost all rights to use any of my work. I've revoked any permission for you to use Lana in any future work. Any future requests from you will not be answered because my answer will automatically be no. This ban is not retroactive, and it only affects future works/posts. No one may use my work for Spode. If this ban is being circumvented, please let me know (if I haven't already known about it). I will take swift action if this happens.
Fine enough. Whatever the attitude, it's your work after all, isn't it? I do hope in this case you will refrain from using my artwork either. That pretty much ends it, doesn't it?
E.D.Revolution

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Sligneris wrote:
E.D.Revolution wrote:I do not care for Spode's criticism. I may have taken his criticism before, but that was before he started to become a very annoying nitpicker, self-claiming "expert" all over the art threads
Never claimed to be one. I think you're a bit too pissed on me, seriously. I tried to show what you can fix. You accept this? It was nice to help. You don't? That's fine anyway. All over the art threads? As I recall I wasn't the one who started discussion about your Lana sprites with exception for this one.
This part is not just about me. Fair point about you never claiming to be an expert. But then the criticisms you give (this is not limited to me) tend to be of the annoying nature, and it gives off an air of "expertise". When it gets annoying, it's really annoying. I'm being serious about that being all over the art threads.
Slingeris wrote:
E.D.Revolution wrote:Anyone who commits misdemeanors here loses respect, and stealing artwork or "forgetting" to ask permission when stated is a major one in my book. You've stolen my work once before, and my rules (stated at the TOP!) made it clear what I expect if someone wants to use my work (forgiven, but it has to be mentioned).
I found them in Request Topic, not in your thread. As I said once, you usually post something in Request Topic, then you want someone to help you edit something, isn't that correct? And there was no note not to use them, neither to ask for permission. Yet, I still understand that this could annoy you.
I usually don't have a problem with people editing my sprites when I ask for help. I do get pissed when an edited work gets posted on a personal thread without my knowledge. Some artists don't mind, but I'm not that kind of artist. For me, it reeks of a huge slap in the face. And the fact that was an old request, which has since been fulfilled. It means that it's closed and my rules on my sprites apply. It's kind of an unwritten rule.
Wherever you found the sprites you want to use, it's best to check with the artist, especially if they're relatively active. Better to be safe when dealing with (relatively) artists than sorry. Can't speak for when the artist is inactive (save for Jeti), since that becomes complicated.
Slingeris wrote:
E.D.Revolution wrote:You try to excessively nitpick on my work, but not doing anything useful to help improve. (The reworking of Lana didn't make things better because the edit made it worse.)
Yes, totally objective opinion. You know that things like these depend mostly on someone's liking, I hope? I believe it was useful. The fact that you didn't use it doesn't matter to me.
It's not useful. Has not been useful, and still isn't. You know the reason those sprites were posted in the first place and what those sprites were going to be used for in the first place. If it doesn't help me accomplish what I need to have accomplish, it's useless. (In other words, if it wasn't useful, its useless.)
Slingeris wrote:
E.D.Revolution wrote:You talk about my work behind my back. And now you have the nerve to tick me off for the last time.
Talking behind your back? With two of three threads being yours?

My threads don't count. I've gotten a note from someone else that I wasn't aware of, and its seriously a huge slap in the face. If I hadn't gotten a note about that (and verified what was said), I would not have been as pissed off as I am now (add to the fact that I was already pissed off for a somewhat-related reason...) That one is on you.
Slingeris wrote:
E.D.Revolution wrote:Slingeris, you are forbidden from using ANY of my works. CR/AAO, doesn't matter. You have lost all rights to use any of my work. I've revoked any permission for you to use Lana in any future work. Any future requests from you will not be answered because my answer will automatically be no. This ban is not retroactive, and it only affects future works/posts. No one may use my work for Spode. If this ban is being circumvented, please let me know (if I haven't already known about it). I will take swift action if this happens.
Fine enough. Whatever the attitude, it's your work after all, isn't it? I do hope in this case you will refrain from using my artwork either. That pretty much ends it, doesn't it?
Fine by me. Tit-for-tat.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

E.D., can you do this request as a personal favor for me? You're the only one I know whose really good at this stuff:

Putin wrote:
ApolloGrimoire wrote:Of the top of my head, that's most of the simple requests fulfilled. :D

My next bump is a versus sprite of the Judge's younger brother. You can edit his AAI brother's version since that's the one I'm after. :judge:

Credit will be given. :)

E.D. Revolution is your best man for anything versus-sprite related :P, see if you can PM/request off his art thread to get his attention and see if he'll do it.

Much appreciated if you can, and if not, no biggie.
E.D.Revolution

Post by E.D.Revolution »

I saw the request on the thread. Umm, I'm not sure that there's an AAI version of the Canuck Judge. I'll try to edit the old Udgey, but I can't guarantee anything.