[RP] Fate/End Dusk (IC Thread - Game 2)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Re: [RP] Fate/End Dusk (IC Thread - Game 2)

Post by Sleuth »

Fuyuki Supermarket:

"Oh, it's my winter break this week. I was going to spend it relaxing, but then my parents had... other plans." Mikal replied calmly, casually dabbing at the trickle from her forehead as she gathered the candies back into the burst-open plastic bags. They were irreparably torn, and she'd have a hell of a time sorting them... Oh well, she was going to buy them anyways.

"You two look, uh, nice." Mikal said, looking over the two strange fellows who had brought chaos into her life, "Are you guys new in Fuyuki? I don't think I've ever seen you around."

As she spoke, she began picking up the spare pieces of candy that had rolled under the shelf, her gloved hands patting across the floor.
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Fuyuki Shopping District

"Hm...?" responded Nestor to the girl's question. "Ah, well I'm here on what you could call a... business trip." he says with a small pause. He hadn't counted on making up a story so early. Then again, it was to be expected. "In fact, I just came from the airport to pick something up from here when my friend here dragged me along to buy some food. You can see how well that turned out."

Saber gives a thumbs up at both of them. Nestor rolls his eyes.

"Anyway," he continues, dusting his suit off. "I believe I should introduce myself at this point. I am Nestor von Claus, and this is my friend -"

"Ulysses." says Saber, cutting him off. "You know, like that American general who became the President after the Civil War. I'm sure you know all about him. Japan's all about America, right? Hahaha!" He laughs, clutching the side of his chest.

"...Right. Ulysses." he says, letting the name sink in. "Don't you have something to say to the girl?" adds Nestor, shooting a look at Saber hinting for him to apologize for what he caused.

"What?" retorted Saber, smiling. "Nah. I'd offer her one these chocolates, but she's underage. Hah!" he laughs once again, taking hold of his chocolate tin and popping another piece in his mouth.

Nestor sighs and shakes his head in response, placing his gloved palm against his face. However, he did save him the trouble of thinking up an alias for him on the spot. Not that it'd take that much time at all.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Fuyuki Supermarket:

Wow, this piece is REALLY in there. Mikal nodded along politely, not entirely sure what to make of these two fellows. They seemed... jovial enough, and perhaps their antics were simply due to their lack of knowledge in a cultural setting. Mikal could certainly relate to that-- She'd moved around enough to make a fool of herself in every city she'd been in. She would secretly dread her mothers' talk of moving to Russia for fear of an entirely new culture she'd have not accounted for. Even so, she continued to play it cool, relax, just keep calm and be polite.

"Well, do try the Fuyuki special! It's very good... for store-bought sushi, I mean. We have a cafe down the street that I haven't really been too, but I hear it's nice this time of year. Crappy wi-fi connection though. I mean jeez, this is Japan, you'd think we'd have better-- YES I GOT IT!"

Mikal's eyes lit up as she finally worked her fingers around a tiny piece of hard candy, and she quickly pulled her hand free in triumph-- A bit too quickly. As she did, her glove caught on the bottom of the shelf and subsequently, at the exact millisecond that Mikal realized what had just happened, tore her glove off with a sharp rip, leaving the naked hand and its bright red symbol exposed.

"Ah! My glove!" Mikal cried, then, noting her recently exposed symbol, quickly snapped it behind her back, her face turning the same shade as the symbol. "Oh, darn, that was my only pair! I guess I should be going now! Don't want to get... cold..."

Completely mortified, and full to the brim of her life being broken before her, Mikal simply snatched her glove and the two bags of candy, and bowed politely to the two men.

"Anywayspleaseenjoyyourstayherehaveanicedayenjoythefoodbye!" She said with a nervous smile, attempting to walk on past the duo with her armfuls of sugar.
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Fuyuki Shopping District

Nestor and Ulysses show now resistance and let you pass through. They do not give chase, but the last thing you see as you run away is Nestor raising his eyebrow as he watches you run away. His fingers seem to be touching the back of his left hand, covered in a glove. A visible smile forms on his face.

Once the girl was out of sight, Nestor breaks the silence. "It would seem that fate has smiled on us today, Ulysses." he says, giving a small laugh. "To think we'd run into another master. Truly, it seems the gods favor you even to this day."

"Well, will you me chase after her, Claus?" he asks with a big grin on his face. The promise of a battle was starting to excite the man. Nestor dismissively waves his hand at the notion and instead leads Saber outside, to a place with less people.

"No, that would not wise." he answers as they walk through the snow-covered path. "We still have yet to get used to these surroundings, and I don't think the locals would turn their eye to two men chasing after a young girl. No, we will instead keep an eye on her."

Saber nods in agreement. "A wise choice if I do say so myself. Strategy is key to victory, rushing head on will only makes us look like fools and lead to an early death. There is no glory in such an end. And the symbol on the girl's hand..."

"...shows that she is the Master of Lancer, one of the three Knight classes of the Grail War." Nestor continues, picturing the red markings he had seen emblazoned onto the girl's hand. "You could consider Lancer as your rival, the one with the next best chance of winning this war. It was fortunate we managed to meet their Master beforehand. Perhaps I should trust your obsession for alcohol more often." he laughs at the thought of such a thing, Saber joining him.

"Hah! We shall see if Lancer is an opponent worthy of being my equal on the battlefield. Glory can only be attained by fighting those who you can consider as a challenge!"

Things were starting to get interesting. Just the way he liked it.

---

Nestor enters the cab, his package securely placed beside him in the back. He had met with an old colleague of his who provided useful tools, items, and services to mages. Claus simply needed to cash in on a favor the man owed him to acquire it. He looked to side, where a tall bird cage stood housing a special feathered friend. It was an white-plumed owl that would soon serve to be his familiar. It was a suitable familiar given the time. Battles were most likely to be held at night, away from public places to avoid causing chaos and confusion. Pair that up with the season and this will likely stay well-hidden in snow-covered places. It likely wouldn't be suited for spying within the city, but Nestor could probably make some necessary adjustments. Whatever the case, it would be a useful tool for the what lay ahead of him.

"Where to next, sir?" asked the driver.

Nestor smiles, wrapping his hand around the key in his pocket, something he had also received as part of the deal he made with his friend. "Well, I believe it's time I moved in to my new apartment."
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Fuyuki Shopping District:

Having paid for the deluge of sweets, Mikal quickly switched her gloves, slipping the other over her exposed mark. She let out a sigh of relief, glad that no other Masters were around to see that. Jeez, one day in and she was already screwing things up... That was unacceptable. She hoped those two wouldn't be too concerned... Well, anyways, she had what she came for. She could finally start getting to work now. Starting feel slightly better, she popped a piece of candy into her mouth to chew on her way home.

Well, she'd have to start out with a plan to get some leverage in the city. She'd only been here about a month since her parents had hastily moved them in, but in that time she'd come to know the city fairly well. She'd made it a point long ago to survey each of her new homes, getting a feel for them since it likely wouldn't be long before she left again. She could get around Fuyuki pretty easily, and she had a bike just in case she needed to run... Along with these spells and such that she really didn't know how to fully use.

Mikal still wasn't entirely sure how to take this. On one hand there was the completely valid reaction of "MAGIC EXISTS WHAT WHY HOW", but on the other... It's magic. And she'd be lying if she said she hadn't felt insanely giddy at the time she first conjured a flame with nothing but a spell in the book. Any other time in her life, she would have loved to lock herself up in a room and just go crazy, read through all the spells and experiment, just to see what they could do; but on the other, that would probably wind up ripping a hole in space-time or something, or at the very least ruin her perfectly organized room. She didn't exactly have the leisure of time, but she also couldn't afford to be defenseless in this war of gods and heroes. She would need time, time to practice, time to learn. She needed a place to do that, far from any other combatants. A place where she could get her legs just enough so that she could fight her way out should the danger become too much. And if her parents' stories were true... Then she couldn't afford to waste one single second.

As she finally made it to the Kitahara residence, Mikal wondered if she should ask her parents for their insight. Really, she had a lot of words for her parents, but right now that seemed the most appropriate. If she survived this, she would have a long speech written for her exact feelings on the matter, but right now... It was too difficult to really talk to them. They seemed so frustratingly casual about this, as if the revelation that magic exists and you only sired a daughter in order to raise them into a magical killing machine was just something you "forgot" about! It was more painful than she'd realized at the time, and she hadn't really spoken to her parents beyond a few words here and there. For the first time in her life, Mikal was starting to wonder how much they really cared about her.

"...I have to... keep to the plan." Mikal whispered to herself, clenching her own hand for support, as if to give herself strength. "Keep to the plan... And everything will work out. This is not a disaster. This is just... a bump. A bump in the road, an unexpected spanner in the works. I can work with this. Just have to keep calm... and follow the plan."

It was then that she took a deep breath, opened the door, and promptly dropped both bags of candy in shock as she saw the living room to her house torn apart and ravaged while her parents sat sipping tea at a shattered table.

"What in the hell happened here!?" Mikal shrieked, her mind rapidly totaling the amount of property damage that had occurred. Oh god, there wasn't a single thing there that wasn't broken-- The walls were crumbling and WHY WAS THE TV INSIDE THE FRIDGE? It was enough to make her feel faint once more, the blood oozing from her forehead cut.

"Oh my dear, you're bleeding," Mother said, quickly walking up to her daughter and waving a hand across her. In an instant, the wound sealed up, but Mikal hardly noticed as she looked at the utter madness and chaos that lay in place of her home.

"What... happened!?" Mikal repeated, unable to look away from the carnage.

"Don't worry, dear," Father said in what was probably supposed to be a reassuring tone, "We will have it fixed. Mr. Lancer is just a bit upset right now. He went out for a walk after his little temper tantrum."

"Fixed!?" Mikal cried incredulously, her hands tugging at her hair, "The order of everything is completely ruined! Not to mention the property damage alone is enough to buy a whole separate house! We might as well burn our safety deposit, there's gaping holes in the wall, we have no food for us now, and we'd better pray to whatever magical being controls the universe that it doesn't rain because THE COFFEE TABLE IS STICKING THROUGH THE ROOF!"

Mother quickly took Mikal in her arms, embracing her as the girl continued to panic. Before she knew it Mikal felt hot tears welling in her eyes and that things were getting hard to breathe. She sobbed into her mother's arms, both infuriated and defeated at the same time. She wasn't sure what to do. The plans were ruined, Lancer was out of control, and she had spilled candy in a ruined home. Her mother held her as slowly, she began to feel the house rumble around her.

Slowly, she looked up to see, impossibly, her home returning, bit by bit, to its natural state. A bright blue energy flowed through the house as her parents sent their magic into the house, fixing and repairing it all perfectly. The coffee table floated down to the ground as the hole it had created sealed up, and the TV pulled out of the fridge, both returning to their natural states. In a few minutes everything was back to normal. The way it should be.

"Mikal," Mother said, casually returning the spilled candy into its bag, "We know it's hard for you to understand all this. But believe us, we would not have involved you if we did not think we could protect you. You will survive this, my dear. That, I promise you."

Mikal looked over at her parents, standing beside her, smiling reassuringly at her. Slowly glancing around the house, she wiped off her tears from behind her glasses, and looked back at them, not exactly warmly, but a bit less coldly.

"...I still wish you had never involved me to begin with." Mikal simply replied, "I... have things I'd like to say to you about all this. I'm glad that you're still looking out for me, but... You also endangered it in the first place. But... It can wait until my life isn't on the line."

"We do love you Mikal," Father said, "We promise that no matter what happens, that will always be true."

"...Sure." Mikal replied, slowly stepping away from her parents. "...I should go find Lancer. He's probably off getting himself into a fight. I mean, I don't know what I'll DO if I find him in a fight, but... I-I'm just gonna go."

"Mikal, understand that he is there to ensure that no harm befalls you." Father reminded her. "He is there to protect you, not to harm you. He will not hurt you again."

Mikal wasn't quite sure what he meant by that, but decided that she had to go out and take care of things anyways. As long as Lancer was out there and she was his Master, he was her responsibility... Sort of. It would be like owning a puppy. A big, muscular, hate-filled puppy. Or a cat.

That done, Mikal bids her parents farewell and sets out to look for him, starting, of course, at the Park.

Meanwhile, Lancer:

Lancer himself wasn't exactly sure what he'd meant when he'd said he was going "out for a walk". He was, indeed, walking, his spirit form active so he wouldn't have to bother with the awkward stares that strolling through a winter-ridden town in an aloha shirt and flip flops got you, but aside from that he didn't seem to have any other real goal. He supposed he should start looking for the other competitors-- He could use a good fight right about now. Destroying things seemed to help, but would not sate him.

"Did that make you feel powerful?" The woman had asked him after he'd finished "redecorating" the Kitahara's living room. He'd responded with something that was probably a swear in his native tongue and stormed out, off to parts unknown... Unknown to him, anyways. He wasn't familiar with the area around him, so he figured he'd just keep wandering, his instincts leading him.

Eventually he managed to drift by a place that sold alcohol; a nice-looking establishment with the words "Double Down Bar" atop it. He could use a stiff drink; and anyways, weren't bars where most people held fights? Yes, he was pretty sure that was a common thing in one of these human countries. Either way, he didn't need to rationalize alcohol. He quickly turned a corner and went visible, so as to not draw attention, and walked into the bar.

(so a heroic spirit walks into a bar and...)
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Fuyuki City - Nestor's Apartment

All was set. Nestor had unpacked his luggage, which consisted of his clothes, personal effects, and items of magecraft. The apartment he had moved into was a cozy place. It was the largest in the building, consisting of a living room, a kitchen, a dining room, a bathroom, and a bedroom. It was a bit spacious for his liking, but he had no complaints. It would do for his magical research and study as well as provide a good base of operations. He looked out the window of his room, across him was the Fuyuki Hyatt hotel. Assuming there were any other Masters coming from another country, this is likely the place they would stay in. The apartment offered a good place to scout for any suspicious activity in the area.

Saber was not with him at the moment. The servant had gotten off the cab earlier to drop by a bar, much to Nestor's disliking. Saber's obsession for alcohol knew no bounds. He didn't recall reading about it when he did his research on the servant.. though he supposed that a tale of a drunkard hero wouldn't be nearly as impressive.

Claus set the bird cage with the owl on the table. He might as well start his preparations while Saber was off doing his own thing. He'd excuse it for now, considering the war was still only on its first day. The identities of the other Masters were still unknown, so the fighting wouldn't immediately begin unless someone was confident they could take down another Servant with little information at hand. No, they would be waiting for their chance to analyze the other servants. A bit boring, but a necessary decision at times.

Honestly, I may have to start a fight before I lose interest in this thing.

Double Down Bar

"Bartender, another glass of wine." said the dapper, bearded man in a white suit. He was sitting at the bar, legs crossed. He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and gave a satisfied sigh. The quality of alcohol certainly improved since his time, anyone could feel like a king with such good drink!

It's best I enjoy myself while I still can. I can just feel that this war will go into full swing any moment now. thought Saber, waiting for the refill. No sooner had he said that than a figure walked into the bar. How did he know? He could sense their presence.

He did not turn to face the new arrival, a man with a ponytail dressed in a Hawaiian shirt. Instead, he continued to face te bar, waiting for his drink. He seemed be smiling.

(...meets another heroic Spirit. The first spirit says to the other...)
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Double Down Bar:

Lancer walked inside, sniffing the air as he entered. The place smelled of alcohol and electricity, and there were surprisingly few occupants for this time of day. His arrival certainly was head-turning to say the least. There was something about the atmosphere in this room... And he quickly zeroed in on the man in the white suit, sitting at the bar nearby. Well well. Looks like things here might get interesting after all.

The Lancer casually walked up to the bar, three seats down from the other man. Resting his hand on his chin casually, in a manner that somehow managed to make him look even more jerk-ish, he simply began drumming his fingers on the bar, waiting for the bartender to come by.

"Barkeep. I'll have a glass of your finest wine." Lancer said, running a hand through his hair, as if to show off for any of the ladies nearby. He didn't so much as spare a glance at the other man, yet it was as if he were sizing him up constantly.
Topaz
Spoken languages: English, 日本語

Post by Topaz »

Fuyuki City Hyatt Hotel

"Indeed. I, myself, have been a customer to this hotel for a number of years now. I assure you, this city has much to offer. You'll certainly enjoy your time here, but as always, watch yourselves. No matter where you travel, there's always somebody looking to make a few yen off of tourists." Jun puts on a fake smile to try and show his good intentions. Of course, there was no creepy atmosphere as with his real smile.

"Speaking of which, what brings you and your sister here? Visiting family?"
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Double Down Bar

"Comin' right up, gentlemen!"

The bartender, dressed in black and white with a bowler hat atop his head, whistled as he grabbed two glasses from the back of the bar and filled them with a fancy-looking red wine. He had black hair draped over one eye, and his outfit was so well-kept and tidy he looked like he was practically shining in it. He quickly filled the two glasses up with wine and slid them down the table to the two patrons. He leaned on the counter in front of the seats between the two and smiled at them.

"I'm surprised, we don't usually get much activity here around this time of day, you know." He glanced around the room at the near barren bar, just a couple of drunkards mumbling in the corners of the room filling up seats. "Glad to see some business this time of day, I can only keep counters clean for so long without getting bored."

The man stood back up and grabbed a rag and a glass, beginning to meticulously clean it. "So what brings you folks to this little place this time of day, hm?"

----

The Cathedral

Father Solomon looked up from his work to see Dante Jeremiah enter te cathedral. The other priests in the building all glared at him silently as he entered, but Solomon merely gave the man a reserved smile and walked around his pedestal to approach the man.

"Dante Jeremiah. Age nineteen, American. The Master of Assassin. Yes I'm well aware of who you are," Solomon said with his hands behind his back. "But my my, what is it you're doing here, hm? Shouldn't you be scouting out the other masters and their servants by now? I don't know what you expect coming here to the church when you have much more important tasks to be partaking in. Or perhaps you're just feeling lonely and wanted to stop by and say hello? I'm flattered, but I'm a busy man myself, you see..." He widened his grin but didn't keep his eyes off the Master. "...Now why are you here exactly?"
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Double Down Bar

Saber takes a sip from his glass, feeling the warmth of the wine in his throat. He sets his glass down and smiles at the young bartender's question. Yes... he did something indeed brought him here. Yet it was more of a gut feeling he had when he looked at the bar as they had passed it earlier. That, and of course he wanted a good and proper drink. Those chocolates just weren't the same as real wine.

"Hah! You could say that I'll be busy later tonight so I decided to head to the bar early to enjoy myself." he says, running his hand through his beard. "A good drink always gets me up and ready for work." He takes another sip of wine and then sets the glass down on the table. He seems to turn his head ever so slightly to the right, as if waiting for the other man's response.
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

Fuyuki City Hyatt Hotel

Emily wasn't sure what to think of this man. Had she just imagined that tense atmosphere because he'd ticked her off at first? Well, it seemed like he was pretty forgiving, considering they were holding a fairly polite conversation now. Still, Emily felt like she should leave soon, but since Jun was technically blocking the path to the elevator she didn't have much of a choice but to continue with the conversation.

"N-No. Not family. We're really just here on a... vacation. Yeah, we'd always wanted to visit Japan. So far it seems like a really nice place. Well, we've just arrived here a few hours ago." It was the more careful response. If she'd said they were visiting family members, that may have made him question why they'd be staying at such an expensive hotel just for that. She didn't exactly want to stack lie onto lie, that never ended well for her.

"My sister is still recovering from jetlag. I wanted to go look for a brochure, so..." she finally resolved to walk past Jun and try to reach the elevator. There was little point in getting tied up here.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Double Down Bar:

"Something I ate earlier didn't sit well with me." Lancer replied, taking a casual sip of his wine. Blech. Humans had no idea how to make the good stuff. He really hadn't thought much before ordering, but he could actually do with something more sweet. Maybe he should have asked for a piña colada instead. Ah, whatever. He didn't really intend on paying.

"...That and I needed some fresh air." Lancer said, continuing to ignore the other man. "...Say Barkeep. You must know this place pretty well. Tell me, there anywhere worth visiting round these parts? Where can a visitor drop by to relax away from the crowd?"
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Cathedral

The long haired man sat in the front row pew and crossed. "Oh, I just wanted to sit back and relax a bit. Besides, my servant is by far the weakest of the bunch. Even as an assassin, his lack of strength is hardly balanced out. Just running into another servant or master means game over." Dante shrugged and then stared towards the ceiling of the Cathedral. "I don't know what I'd do if that were to happen. Life would have no meaning if I couldn't right all of those terrible wrongs done in this world... I might just have to end it in case." Dante then turned his head towards the priest and gave a snakelike smile. "What do you think?"
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Double Down Bar

"Hah! Aren't you already in such a place?" laughs Saber, taking another sip of wine from his glass, leaving a red stain on his lips as he smiles. "There's no one here but you, me, a couple drunkards, these fine drinks, and a bartender. Nice hat by the way." he says, complimenting the bartender's choice of attire. He took a small glance to the side, acknowledging the presence of the man a few seats away from him. He wanted to see this man's reaction to being poked at.

Heh. Old habits die hard. he thought, looking into the last drops of red wine in his glass. Knowing his history, he knew where this was going at this rate. He always had the knack of getting into trouble back then.

"But if you insist on any other place, I hear there's a church in the forest. Now that's as far away as you can get. Though I don't know if they'll let you in. Hah!"
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Double Down Bar

The bartender chuckled and tipped his bowler hat. "Why thank you kindly, sir!" A brief glimpse could be seen of something red on his right hand. "Of course, I'm not one to beg, but tips speak louder than words! Haha!" He went back to cleaning his glass. "As for interesting places...Well, there's a park not far from the bridge, there's the church and the haunted house near the edge of town...there's a beautiful view from the harbor, too. It's a decent sized city, there's plenty to find if you keep your eyes open."

"Bartender," a young English woman's voice from the back of the bar called out. "Cocktail."

"Of course, coming right up!" He quickly prepared a red cocktail and nodded at the two gentlemen to excuse himself, then went to the back of the room to hand the drink to a woman in a short red dress and black jacket, with redhair that flowed down over her eye. She didn't thank the bartender, but he didn't pry and returned to his spot at the counter.

"Come to think of it," the bartender said, "I don't recall seeing you folks around here before. You new here in the city or have you just never sat down for a good drink? Name's Yun Shi Huo, by the way. You can keep that name in mind should you ever feel the need to reccomend anyone a drink, it'd certainly help solve this empty room issue." He grinned at the two and folded his hands in front of him as he leaned at the counter, the red symbol on his hand visible again.

----

Cathedral

Father Solomon smiled, but with less sincerity and more suspicion. "I think that if you want to get ahead in this game you should probably get to work on it as quickly as possible. We're all busy, busy people after all. Don't want to just lie about while everyone else prepares themselves. Isn't that right?" His smile grew wider, yet the sense of intimidation in his voice only seemed to grow.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!