Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): NEW DAY

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

DSY
Spoken languages: English

Re: Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): NEW DAY

Post by DSY »

Cave? - Lia

With the offer of water, Lia wastes no time in grabbing it up.

"Thanks a bunch!" She beams and gulps down the water in seconds, returning the empty glass to Kris. "Hah! Ah'm alive again!"

"Sorry bout that, ya'll." Lia grins, embarrassingly returning to the group. "But, boy, ya'll sure move fast. Ah wasn't even close to catchin up."

"So uh, what are we lookin fer here? Ah mean like, specifically."

-----------------------

Outside Classroom - Job

Job continues to offer Jackie a hand.
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

cave:

Isis's eyes widened at the gift, and she quickly turned to a nearby glass case to examine herself in the snazzy hat. It was a bit classier than what she was used to-- She usually went for more of the "feral lesbian goblin" look when she could be bothered to, but she didn't hate it. It actually looked kinda nice.

"I- Uh-- I can't possibly just accept this without paying you back!!" Isis said, flustered-- But at the same time, she couldn't think of anything to give Kris aside from money, which she wouldn't accept. Isis got that weird feeling in her chest again whenever someone did something nice for her, and her equal urge to stifle it by "repaying" the favor so she wouldn't feel it anymore.

"I-I can't think of anything right now, buT! I'LL! PAY YOU BACK FOR THIS!" Isis said, face red-- She probably didn't mean for it to sound like a supervillain threat.

Meanwhile, Kyouji continued to either overestimate Isis's knowledge or underestimate her ignorance. Isis frowned, staring at the tent, wondering how anyone was supposed to live there. Where was the tv or wifi? Didn't even have a minibar.

"...I still don't get it." Isis said, frowning. "Why would anyone want to leave the mansion and stay in that? What's the point of all this? Like, what do you do with that thing? Or THIS? Or th--"

Isis's rambling stopped as her eyes fell on the contents of the glass case. Her eyes grew wide as saucers as she pressed her face to the glass. She knew what THESE were.

"Ohhhh... Hello there." Isis said, almost starting to drool over the case of beautiful, steel knives of all makes and types. So many, from folding blades to survival knives to swiss-army knives-- If Sis was here, she'd pull her away from it in an instant.

But Sis wasn't here right now.

Isis turned back to Kris, eyes sparkling like diamonds. "HOW MUCH."
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Classroom

Annoyed by the sudden disappearance of Job, Robert turned towards Flo and Thomas. As per his usual routine, he observed them top to bottom before saying anything.

"...Obviously the dress code here is loose to say the least," he muttered to himself. "Well, I do not exactly have much desire to associate with the...aviary inclined. However, I do realize that I am not yet acquainted with the structure of this labyrinthine academy, and you strike me as less...immediately concerning as other students attending here. So long as, the bird is kept...tame."

He cleared his throat.

"Very well, Ms...Hemming. I shall partake in your offer. You shall serve as my guide today, for the sake of convenience."
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Kris' Cove

"Well, let's have a look." Kris said, and then quickly looked at where Isis was looking at. They looked momentarily confused, and looked at Isis in order to prompt her to point to a specific knife. It seemed like they didn't quite get that Isis wanted literally all of them.

At the same time, Kyouji was examining the knives himself. He was ordinarily partial to survival knives himself, but he thought that people would favor cooking knives specifically for the event. As he spoke up, it seemed like he was going to say something surprisingly insightful about the different types of knives on display, but then he didn't.

"Huh...? That's a little bit strange! The price tags are kind of off, don't you think? A lot of these are extremely expensive, but they don't look like they could cut very well. A lot of the cheaper ones seem like the best options! Oh, or the middle-priced ones, those are also good! You seem really excited about this, so I hope you find one that you really like!" Kyouji pointed out. He, too, seemed to be under the mistaken impression that Isis didn't want literally all of the knives.

"Right. I have no idea why the school sells these at the rates they do. These are all technically usable, but I guess some of them are expected to be displayed instead of used? Look under each knife's display and you'll see a price tag, like he said. Oh, um... I just realized. I don't think I got your name?" Kris said.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Fantasyhunt
Spoken languages: English, learning Japanese
Location: Somewhere between the void and the abyss. I lose track.

Post by Fantasyhunt »

Cave Store-y – Violet

Violet stayed by Lia's side until she had been refreshed. She did her best to push the “harem” talk to the back of her mind though the pinkness in her cheeks still showed. She let Kyouji and Kris take care of explanations, taking in their words from afar.

“Right, c-c-camping…” Violet twiddled her thumbs and let her eyes drop to the floor. “I guess I'll need more to camp than just a cooking set… Like… Isn't there a fabric cocoon of some kind involved?” She tapped her chin, trying to remember information she hadn't truly learned. “There's something I'm missing, isn't there?”

Violet glanced up in Isis's direction and saw the knives. Knives that looked criminally good in the store's lighting. She decided to approach the knife display and look over the fine blades. Each one looked nice, the ornamental ones especially, but Violet kept a sharp eyes on the edges of each knife.

“Oh, the things I could do with these…” Violet glanced at Kris and beamed. “Hi, uh, think I could get a good hunting knife here?”
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Knife Time:

Isis stared at Kyouji as he rattled off, half irritated but also half bewildered-- Was there anything this kid couldn't go on about? It was almost too confusing to be angry about. Wait, why was she angry again? Isis couldn't remember. But still, it seemed like for once, she had something in common with the people on this island. So she ignored the urge to tell him to buzz off-- Besides, she wasn't exactly a knife expert herself. She didn't want a bad knife, after all.

"...My sister never let me have them," Isis said, staring at the knives rather than Kyouji, "Pretty much anything that could be used as a weapon she didn't want me near-- Baseball bats, golf clubs, dictionaries... Guess she was afraid I'd hurt someone... Or myself..."

To answer Kris's question, she squinted near the pane of glass, before finding a small, familiar logo on the glass.

"Uh... My name's Isis." She said, running her fingers over the logo. "And my family is... them."

The logo on the glass read "PROTECTED BY SHIELDS SECURITY", and was accompanied by the insignia of a shield. No doubt the entire case was secured by an alarm system that would go off if someone so much as breathed on it wrong, and while appearing to be simple glass, Isis recognized the touch that it was reinforced, bulletproof glass. Not the cheap stuff to be sure.

Isis suddenly realized how much she'd let slip about herself and her family, and quickly changed the subject. "W-well, I was GONNA take all of them, but... Maybe that's a bit overkill. I just want one that's nice and can cut."

She turned to Violet, suddenly taking an interest in the girl and her interest in sharp things. "Hey, you seem to know your stuff. If you guys are so smart which ones of these are good."
GuardianDreamer

A Kris is a type of dagger too

"Ah, I see. Well, pleasure to meet you, Isis. Going to have to charge you for the one you take regardless. Hope you get it and don't take offense?" Kris said. Isis' discomfort about her family, or at least their business, was obvious. It could have been either one, or both, but it wasn't exactly very kind of Kris to pry further. So that was all that was said about that subject.

Instead, Kris turned to address Violet. "A hunting knife? Yeah, sure. You'll want to look at the ones closer to the lower-left."

Of course, Kyouji himself didn't feel the need to buy an additional knife, but that didn't mean he couldn't help his friends choose theirs. He thought back to the knife that he used most often, then realized that it was likely a bit too dangerous for the camping trip. It was a hand-me-down from his mother, a multi-tool that could be used for a variety of dangerous situations. ... Now that he thought about it, he wasn't entirely sure if his preferred types of knives were actually safe for people not used to handling knives. He wanted to make sure everyone was happy with their selections! So, he ran down his mental notes, thinking back to the knives he had used in the past...

Kyouji then ran down the list until he got to the ones that didn't have a high probability of accidentally hurting someone if mishandled. Right! So, the knives most similar to that were obvious!

"... Oh! I really like those ones! What do you think? They even match!" Kyouji smiled brightly, then pointed to three knives in the display case. The blades of the knives were long enough to be mistaken for hunting knives, but looking at them closely revealed that they were a bit shorter than that. They seemed to be ideal for both cooking and hunting, while not specializing in either.

The knives were finely made, but didn't appear to have anything special about them... Except the handles. One had a red handle, the other blue, the last one was green.

"We can each choose one as our starter! Oh, I guess it wouldn't be my first knife, but I really want to match with you two! I think it'd be really fun! What do you think?"
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Make My Life Worse
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
DSY

Post by DSY »

Cave

Seems like no one's real sure what they want here.

Lia hums a little, thinking about how odd it is for the rich students to even go to the store.

It hadn't really sunk in to her yet how different everyone was to her. It only dawned on her now, were they simply shopping just to do it?

Did they already have full garages of camping stuff? Or maybe they've never even been camping before and were fish out of water!

Lia scratches her head. Words quietly escape her lips. "Maybe ah shouldn't be here aft'er all."

Words that stung a little to speak.

Lia grimaced, her eyes shifting from her fellow students to the floor. Not a good thing for her, she always did this when she felt down.

Lia shook herself all over, trying to shake off her feelings. It was then she noticed everyone moving to a display in the store.

One for..knives it seemed?

"What'cha all lookin at?" Lia asks, popping her head into the conversation. "Knives?"

It made some sense to Lia, survival knives were common for camping. But..

"A hunting knife!" Lia gulps, looking to Violet with a smidgen of concern. "Sheesh, bit much don't cha think?"
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Knife Cave:

Isis's eyes bounced between the knives Kyouji pointed at: A grassy green, a fiery red, and a watery blue.

She side-eyed the pirate boy. Was she really gonna go along with this? This kid was a weirdo who LIKED talking about feelings and stuff. His eagerness and bouncy energy was actually starting to remind her of someone; and that someone was a person she spent most of her time chasing out of her room.

Isis's green eyes finally settled on the equally green knife.

"I'll take the green one then." Isis said.

It was about then that she remembered--

All her cash was in the ocean.

Isis's face slowly turned blue, and she turned to Kris weakly. "...Uh. you can just. charge my parents. right. My money's kinda. liquid. right now."
TinyHat

Post by TinyHat »

Classroom - Isabelle:

Ok. I guess that it will just be the two of us. What about those two? Come to think of it, who are they?

“Come on! Zere's no time to lose!”

Isabelle started to follow Karen.

“Ok then.” Isabelle turned and waved at the two people that she didn’t know. “See ya around.”

------------------------------------------------------------------
Thomas meets a new person:

Thomas grumbled at the thought of Robert joining the group of Flo and himself. Unfortunately, Thomas has rather good hearing.

“of this labyrinthine academy, and you strike me as less...immediately concerning as other students attending here. So long as, the bird is kept...tame."

What was that? Was that an insult?

Once Robert had accepted the invitation, Thomas walked up to Robert. “My good sir, I can assure you that my raven, obviously, is quite tame. For someone to not know that, I would call them either a blockhead or an ignoramus.”

Lenore stared at Robert, “CAW.”
GuardianDreamer

Cave

"Liquid, huh..." Kris said, thinking the term over. They did not take Isis very literally, and thought that Isis meant that she simply didn't carry physical money. "Well, you could always use a card?"

"Oh! I know! I'll pay for all three of us, it can be my gift!" Kyouji excitedly said, getting some bills out of his pocket. He was joyfully swinging his other arm around, like some sort of celebratory gesture known only to him. Or maybe he was just trying to find more ways to spend all of his energy.

He then turned towards Violet before Isis could raise any kind of protest, though if she did, he might listen to what she had to say.

"So, do you want the red one or the blue one? I'll take whichever one you don't pick!"
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Classroom - Flo:

Flo gave Robert a slightly confused look when he addressed the "dress code." She was mostly confused for Thomas' sake, because while it looked like he could do a little more laundry, his outfit was pretty nice-looking otherwise. She gripped her apron tightly. "Oh, you talking about this? Ha ha, it is a bit weird, isn't it? But like, it was a gift given to me yesterday and I didn't want to seem ungrateful or anything..."

About then, Thomas stormed up... or maybe he just walked, though the dark, gloomy aura surrounding him made it seem like his footsteps were heavier than they were. At least to Flo, anyways. In any case, after he approached, he started throwing around words like "blockhead," which surprised Flo a little bit.

"Whoa, hey, hey now! Can we, you know... not do that?" She addressed Thomas. "Maybe he's had bad experiences with birds in the past and was just double-checking. Though uh..." She turned to Robert. "It wouldn't really make a lot of sense if a big school like this just let a kid with a wild raven in just for the heck of it, right? You don't need to worry about it too much! Lenore's real friendly! ...I think."

She let out a soft sigh. "Why does it feel like I'm going to be in the middle of a looooot of trouble...? Oh well! We should probably get going!" Flo pulled out the directions and started on her way. There was a small skip to her step, and she was humming some country song.

Hallways - Jazmine:

"Fascinating. Or so I heard." Jazmine didn't even turn her head to respond, focusing more on the map on her phone and what to do when Flo inevitably let her down than her conversational partner. At least at first, anyways. "I'm a bit curious why you chose to share all of this with someone you don't even know... Seems like something you'd want to keep under wraps, no?" She had a few hunches, but she wanted to hear it from the horse's mouth. She seemed like she was more than willing to share anyways.

"Hm. The invitation said to find some form of communal kitchens. No room numbers or anything, so that's fantastic. And of course everything here has to be so big... Aha... Oh. Right. I think having you along will make things more interesting when our guest of honor appears. Now... that's there... so..." She turned her attention back to her map momentarily... "Aha! Alright, finally found my bearings. Let's go." Jazmine's gait upped itself into a brisk stroll. It was clear that she had places to be, that was for sure.

Outside the MegaMall - Gwendalyn:

Her errand finished, Gwendalyn was storming through the various courtyards neighboring the MegaMall, angrily messing with her phone. "Rrrrrrrgh what the genuine HELL! They were doing SO GOOD before and now they're just ghosting me?! How do you ghost ME?! Even if they're on the road right now, that's not an excuse! Like, do you NOT have a phone built into your dashboard like everyone else? How the hell do you even run a business like that?!"

She perked up and put her plastic smile back on when she saw several groups of students entering the mall. She... missed class, didn't she? Oh well. That was what Paolo was for. Or maybe she could get some other schmuck to fill her in. Who knows? Either way, she kept a watchful eye on the groups, hoping to catch a bit of chit-chat about current goings-on. Maybe party up with some people, too.
Fantasyhunt
Spoken languages: English, learning Japanese
Location: Somewhere between the void and the abyss. I lose track.

Post by Fantasyhunt »

Cave Store-y – Violet

Violet flushed as she stared at the knife set Kyouji had pointed out.

"Th-they do look quite nice… I think I'd like the blue one," Violet murmured. Her attention then turned to Lia and Violet put on a small grin. "I don't think it's too much. Hunting knives can also be used to effectively get the pelt off an animal carcass. I first learned how to do rabbits but now I mostly just do deer and boars. Now I don't think we'll actually be hunting on the camping trip. But I'm getting one since they're handy and well…"

Violet paused and glanced back at the blue handled knife.

"They just look really cool! Not to mention this would be my first knife not bought from a high-end culinary tool supplier."

Ping!

Violet quirked a brow at the sound of her phone going off. Her lips pursed as she pulled out the device and saw the notification for a "Meeting in Kitchen". She quirked her brow reading it once. Twice. The third time, she exclaimed,

"The gateau!" She scrambled to put her phone away and turn to Kyouji. "I-I have to go somewhere! Hold onto the knife for me and I'll pay you back for it later, okay?" She then ran as fast as her legs could possibly carry her.

Leaving the Classroom – Karen

Karen slowed her stride until she and Isabelle were walking side-by-side.

"Vhat did jou zink of zee lesson today?" Karen meekly asked to start a conversation. "Personally I got hopelessly lost maybe…" She absentmindedly counted her fingers. "Erm… Ten minutes in?" She dug a hand into her pocket and took out her phone and started looking up a map of the area. "Ah, okay. Zee mall is just outside zee school and vithen valking distance…"

Nurse's Office – Ludwig

There was a visible tenseness in Ludwig's body at Nurse Wolfe's threat. Through grit teeth, Ludwig ducked his head and turned his back to Wulfe.

"Right." Like that's physically possible in the first place. He looked over to Boo and sneered. "Be glad you got away from this incident unscathed." Ludwig stepped back into the bathroom to grab his scarf and bloodied clothes, tossing them on as he walked to the door to the office. "Don't worry about me. I'll get my own change of clothes." As Ludwig was in the doorway, he paused. "You should be making your way to the classroom," he stated coldly to Boo. "Both of us missed class after all." Then, he stepped out.
GuardianDreamer

Store Cave

"Okay, then I'll take the red one! It matches my hair!"

With that simple exclamation, Kyouji got prepared to pay for the knives. ... He was a bit surprised by Violet suddenly needing to leave. Did this mean that she had entrusted the power of the knife to Kyouji? He would need to use this power wisely, as he knew that having more than one knife for cooking was a bit strange. Maybe there was a cooking style that involved dual-wielding knives, but he didn't know of them.

"Oh, alright! See you later, Violet! She looked like she was having fun!"

Kyouji reached into his pockets and took out a few bills and coins to pay for the knives. Kris seemed a bit startled when they saw the bills. ... Most people paid with cards. Kris didn't even know that people in this school carried paper money aside from themselves. The coins were even more surprising, and it was then that Kris noticed that Kyouji had paid in exact change.

Oh well. It was a lesson. About something ultimately trivial, but those were the lessons that tended to stick.

"That takes care of that, then. Anything else? Oh, hear you go. You said this one was yours, right?" Kris asked, presenting the green knife to Isis. Kris moved the remaining two to Kyouji.
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here
Reyson

Post by Reyson »

Hallway

For a moment, K.D. did some reflecting on what Jazmine had said. Some things in life were simply more personal than others. In addition to that, not everybody was looking to be everyone’s friend in the same way that Karen was. There were people in this world that wanted to hurt other people so they can put themselves in a better position. Quite frankly, Karen didn’t enjoy the thought of people that weren’t friendly. They sure as hell made her job a lot harder. It’s difficult to make a friend when they won’t give you the time of day, and Jazmine was looking more and more like she was about to become one of those individuals. Karen really, really didn’t like thinking about those people for too long.

So she didn’t, and continued to live in blissful ignorance. She smiled and laughed, like she always did, before turning her attention to another new best friend!

“Well, I suppose that might be something most people might not want to share. But, I can ~totally~ feel a connection here! I think we’re going to get along just great, so I figured you were safe. You wouldn’t have wanted me to come with you on this little errand if you didn’t think we’d be best friends, I can tell. So, do you mind telling me why we’re going to find a kitchen?”

Karen’s boots slid to a halt as she came to a staggering realization.

Kitchens. Food. Drink. Mimosas.

However, Karen decided it might not be time to share her drinking habits with her new best friend, and she regained walking speed quickly enough that her stop wasn’t uncomfortably long.
Rey Rey the Jet Plane