[RP] Sea of Thieves - Game Start

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Re: [RP] Sea of Thieves - Game Start

Post by kwando1313 »

By 'The Pirate Ship'

Huh. So... This was Tea. She didn't seem to be as bad as Yukari and Vera made her out to be, but... She certainly was quite the crusty character.

"So... Who we are, huh? I'm Linn! I'm the captain of our ship." She proceeds to point to Yumiko. "And this here is Yumiko! She's our... entertainer, I guess."

"H-Hey! Don't sell me short like that! I mean, there are other things I can do as well! I mean, I'm also the navigator for the ship too!"

"... Fair enough. And, I guess you can hold your own pretty well in combat..."

"Well, if had my scythe with me I'd actually be able to do things... But yes I'm pretty good at fighting, if need be... After all I have lots of training with dealing with... Nasty customers, you know?"

"Aaaaaanyways... You mentioned that you were the weapons master, right? What weapons do you deal with normally? As you can tell..." Linn proceeds to punch her hand in her palm. "I like my hand-to-hand combat. Yumiko here has... Other interests in weapons. And, well, we also have Hikari, who likes all types of weapons. So... What do you like?"

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Kazuo smiles and chuckles, placing another 30 gold on the table. "Ah, so it seems you have experience in this field, Mr. Lymes. The logbook you carry suggests you keep note of all your customers. And the teeth... yes they are quite hard to find. Harder to get even. You're an adventurer of sorts... captain of your own crew that seeks to make a fortune, possibly also a merchant by trade. Indeed, you saw through my initial offer and raised the price..."

Then he takes the teeth from your counter, having paid the 130 gold. "Yet you didn't see through all the way. Serpent's Teeth sell for 200 gold in a normal shop." Kazuo then puts the teeth in a bag and pats it.

"Always leave with a profit." he says with a wink.
Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

Odd Shack

Gayle was the first to speak up. "Oh, no, sorry, I'm not the... er, feline sci-fi type...? You put up a quest to find someone that may want a copy of your book, and we'd like to accept the offer. We've just set off to explore the ocean, and doubtless there is a soul out there who will read what you have."
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
ZetaAzuel
Spoken languages: English

Post by ZetaAzuel »

Lymes shrugged, "Technically still a profit all things considering, but sometimes you learn things the hard way." Despite being down 70 old it seemed the man was somewhat content with the offer. "Pleasure doing business with you."

Galiline held her hands to her chest looking at Lymes who began scribbling the transaction on into his book. "You really alright? You hate losing money."

"Well... I didn't really lose money. We bought chum for 10 gold, sold this tooth for 130, a 120 profit." He smirked. "Besides we got more valuables things than teeth out there, a few missed coins won't bother me too much." He crossed his arms as he placed his transaction book back into his pocket. "Still he has a point, probably should've talked a bit before actually selling this thing, no matter." He waved his hand. "He's not even a bad guy though, if he were cruel he could've kept his little secret to himself and just pilfered whatever it is he wanted from me without knowing market price. I probably should've thanked him..." He sighed as he continued to watch others pass by. "Of course you have to consider what might've happened if he had gotten on my bad side and I found out that he had duped me and lost a client and made an ennemy. And so on so forth, ther's a lot that goes into this kind of thing and-"

Lymes looked at Galeliline who seemed to be getting over worked by his explanation. "Never mind, let's just see what we can get for this guy, I'm sure someone is willing to buy at least the clothes off his back, if not well... we can go and use him for makeshift chum."

Hence they waited, because they knew that someone body, might at least want the guys clothes cause clothes man!
Hersh is officially the best for making this awesome Rogan and Parseline Sig!
~Ask Rogan and Djin~
Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Rogan Esquin & Djin

TEAM LINK

Storage:
Eclipse the Lunatone
Abdowing the Woobat
Lasir the Zangoose
Voodoo the Wobbufett Lv. 14
Getter-2 the Porygon 2
ImageImage

Zeta x Dio
~~Proud Son of Dypo deLina and Evolina deLuna~~
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Port Seaweed - Round the back:

"Well, gang. We found our suspect." Roland noted as he found the washed up dolphin.

"Took you long enough. What was the point of going over to that island with all the flowers if the dolphin was here?"

Roland's face ran hot for a moment, before he spat out, "I... was checking to see where he lived. If it was close by."

"You totally got us lost, didn't you?" Zoie sneered. Nothing quite like getting sass from the stowaway, is there?

"That's not important right now. We know where we are, and we have a rough idea of where we need to be, so let's get to it. Flo, get the dolphin."

"She's already gone..." Indeed, Florse was already at the dolphin's side, attempting to comfort it. Eventually, the dolphin was back in the water.

"Lead the way, Mister Dolphin!"

With Mister Dolphin in tow, sail 1 space South, and 4 spaces East.
Spoiler : Map :
NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Post by NihilisticNinja »

By The Pirate Ship

Tea nodded and stretched, her voice picking up in enthusiasm again and her lips curving into a slight smile. "Good question! Well, I suppose my first love would be guns. I'm actually kind of experienced with them. It's a bit unusual given my age, but this hasn't always been the safest place around, you know?"

Vera raised an eyebrow. "I've... never really felt unsafe." Yukari nodded in agreement.

Tea turned towards her crewmates, her smile quickly growing condescending. "Sadly, I haven't gotten to live a comfy, sheltered life like some people." Turning back to the two women, she continued, her expression shifting back to an expression of genuine enthusiasm. "So, yeah. That's really what I'm most knowledgeable in. But I also do like cannons and such- I'm not an expert, but I know enough of the basics to be able to operate one."

She paused for a moment and then spoke again. "But, yeah! I'd love to meet this Hikari, actually. Sounds like she'd make better conversation than anybody on my ship, that's for sure."
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

Port Mermaid Shop

"Hmm..." Graves pored over the wares, gently running a finger on those he saw potential in. "Kumori! What do you make of all this?"

"A wise man does not spend, he merely makes investments." Kumori offered his trademark sage and cryptic advice while examining the torch. "Thus, Admiral, I say we purchase this torch. It will illuminate the sea before us. Of course, it would be useless without oil... So that's a must as well."

"Bah. Eyesight is for the weak. I say we use our psychic senses and manifest our own reality when under a cover of darkness!" Graves grumbles, waving his hand dismissively.

"We could do that..." Kumori thinks. "Or we could choose to not sink. Fu fu fu..."

To no-one's surprise, this caused a small argument to occur between the strategist and the captain. Meanwhile, Omocida busied himself with examining the other wares.

"Hmm... I wonder if this is the same kind of rifle the royal family equips their elite assassins with... Ooh! A fishing rod! I bet this would be perfect for finding proof of the satanic hellspawn beneath the depths of our oceans!"

Flitting around the shop like a kid in a candy store on acid, he spent his time creating strange tabloid-esque stories... And as this went on, AnimaTrick examined the repair kit. Analysing it's contents... Judging it's worth. Comparing it's necessity to the crews competence.

"......100% necessary." He finally concluded. However, his words fell on deaf ears.

Instead, Admiral Graves finally slammed down an order form on the counter of the shop.

"Citizen! We, the Royal Navy, require your assistance in the purchase of the following necessary items! Please render unto us that which belongs to us via the vested power within your sovereigns! Also..." He paused, thinking it through. "Do we get a navy discount? You know, for stopping pirates killing you and eating your children?"

The crew of the HMRS Conqueror purchase everything below:
Spoiler : Shopping List :
Torch (Kumori)
Lantern Oil (Kumori)
Cheap Fishing Rod (Omocida)
Rifle (Omocida)
Repair Kit x2 (AnimaTrick)
Empty Jarx4 (Graves)

Cost: 230 gold
Change: 70 gold
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Port Seaweed Marketplace

"Hm, excellent mindset. That'll get you far in the business around here." Kazuo remarks with a nod. He then takes a look at the other things you have for sail, when his eyes happen the coat you have on the table.

"Strange, when did they start selling Barracuda Bay coats? Last I checked they only handed these to their employees..." he says, putting his hands on the coat.

That's when he notices the dead body it is on.

Kazuo blinks, hand still on the body. Perhaps he's letting he initial shock register, or perhaps he's too scared to say a word.

All of a sudden he grabs your arm and pulls you in close so he can whisper into your ear.

"What the hell is this?! Why are you selling the body of a dead BB Company Merchant? Do you realize what could happen to you if you were found with this? Hide it right now before somebody sees you."

He dashes away quickly into the crowd, but no sooner than he disappeared had he returned to you, hauling quite a large crate with him. He hands it to you, supposedly for you to place the body in.

"You're lucky I have spare crates in ready supply. Seriously, where did you even get that body?!"

Port Mermaid Shop

"Justice is blind, laddy. An' so are me prices." he says, giving you your change of 70 gold.
ZetaAzuel

Post by ZetaAzuel »

Port Seaweed Market Place

"My father had a saying, 'dead man make my sale.' though now that I think about it I don't recall him ever actually selling them out in the open. Well except this one time-"

Though before Lymes could finish his story he had plopped a big wooden crate in front of him.

"Well no not really, I'd imagine I was going to get a creepy guy who specialized in voodoo or something, I mean I'm not really bothered by dead bodies but I suppose it's only fair not to gross out those who are." Lyms tossed the body into the crate.

"Well it was out at sea, much like anything else, and before you ask no it wasn't me. Found it like that, the sea holds no memory so I figured we could see what we'd find on him. Maybe he ended up floating away from his comrades near that whirlpool..."
~Ask Rogan and Djin~
Rogan Esquin & Djin

TEAM LINK

Storage:
Eclipse the Lunatone
Abdowing the Woobat
Lasir the Zangoose
Getter-2 the Porygon 2
ImageImage

Zeta x Dio
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Port Seaweed Marketplace

"You found him out at sea, dead..." Kazuo says, eyes darting to the side to see if anyone too notice of them. Thankfully, everyone was busy minding their own business. He quickly covers the crate with a large tablecloth.

"This could be someone from that missing Barracuda Bay Ship... Quick, what did you find on him?"

Something tells you Kazuo's interests are more concerned with what the man had on him, rather than what happened to him.
ZetaAzuel

Post by ZetaAzuel »

"Information isn't free." He said looking at the crate. "I can tell you that he had on that jacket for sure, anything else is going to cost you, say 70 gold? Seems fair to match up for the missing profit I had on the teeth."
~Ask Rogan and Djin~
Rogan Esquin & Djin

TEAM LINK

Storage:
Eclipse the Lunatone
Abdowing the Woobat
Lasir the Zangoose
Getter-2 the Porygon 2
ImageImage

Zeta x Dio
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Port Seaweed Marketplace

"Heh, I can't argue with that..." he says, taking out the remaining 70 gold and placing it on the counter. For him to agree so easily to the deal, the information you might possibly have must be important to him.

"35 gold for the information, 35 gold if this information proves to be valuable. A merchant always makes sure his investments don't completely rob him."
ZetaAzuel

Post by ZetaAzuel »

"There was a gold tablet, with a red gem in the middle." Lymes for a split second pulls out the gold tablet and shows it to the merchant before tucking it back into his pocket. "And there's your proof that it exists. Seems to be showing us where we ought to head next which is why we're getting everything we need here before we go on out." He paused. "That or maybe see if there's anything we can get from the poor guys stuck in the whirlpools down south." He looks at the gold. "That sounds like fair and just info if you ask me."
~Ask Rogan and Djin~
Rogan Esquin & Djin

TEAM LINK

Storage:
Eclipse the Lunatone
Abdowing the Woobat
Lasir the Zangoose
Getter-2 the Porygon 2
ImageImage

Zeta x Dio
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Sail to Garden Island and see if the dolphin reacts to anything.
Spoiler : Map :
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Port Seaweed Marketplace

Kazuo remains silent as he sees the tablet. Yet there was no hiding the interest you could see in his eyes as you put it back in your coat. He slides the bag containing 70 gold over to you, a sign that he does see that as a fair exchange.

"Yes, indeed. Nn fact this exactly fits my definition of 'rare and valuable items'." he says, closing his eyes and adjusting his glasses. Kazuo's hand then goes to one of his satchels, from which he pulls out a large and heavy looking bag. He drops it on the table and the sharp metallic sound of hundreds of coins implies that there is ALOT of gold in it.

"Mr. Lymes, for that tablet, I offer you 1500 gold."

That is certainly a lot of gold he is offering for just a gold tablet! Who knows what you could afford with that much gold in your pockets? Of course, the tablet does look fairly important, but who knows where it could lead you? For all you know, it could lead to more danger than it's worth. Here you are, being offered a generous amount of gold just to simply hand over a tablet.

You can accept the offer of Kazuo and sell the tablet to him for 1500 gold, or you can keep it to yourself and follow where it leads you. The choice is yours.