[CARR] The Den of Deception

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Re: [CARR] The Den of Deception

Post by Blackrune »

Spoiler : :
"Well, at least something. Noted..."

Blaze leaves the room and turns to take a look into the Home Theater instead.
RedeyesofDN
Spoken languages: English

Post by RedeyesofDN »

"How do you do?" I reply curtly, giving a brief nodding as I take in my surroundings. "I'm sorry for barging in like this, I'm trying to orient myself in the estate." I step into the room, starting to shut the door behind me. "Forgive me, I don't believe we've been properly introduced. What relation do you have the family, Mister...?"
NihilismFormula
Spoken languages: English

Post by NihilismFormula »

Spoiler : NN :
Boku goes to the study
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Spoiler : Rune :
On the north wall, between the two windows, is a large TV, with a DVD system beneath it. A low, long shelf filled with DVDs runs along the north wall below the windows. Large speakers are set up next to the TV, with a couple of smaller speakers mounted on the walls at other points in the room. A black leather couch with pillows runs along the south wall. The two windows each have heavy curtains over them that can completely block out the light, allowing a view of the ocean when they’re open but complete darkness when they’re closed. By the western wall is another black statue on a pedestal, facing away from the windows, of a creature with the body of a lion and the head and wings of an eagle.
Spoiler : NN :
Boku enters a cozy, close-feeling room. A hardwood desk is placed on the far side of the room, and behind it is positioned a chair with a magnificently high back. This layout gives the room more a feeling of an office than a study. A leather sofa sits facing the desk. On the desk sits a desktop computer, along with a small electronic device connected to it. Several papers are also scattered on top of the desk. On the west side of the room is a large wooden shelf. The top of the shelf has decorative items, such as bowls, vases, and plates. In center is set a large, sturdy-looking safe. Besides that the shelf is filled with books and folders. On the east walls hangs a painting of an old man standing against a black background in a dark cloak, leaning on a walking stick, with a long white beard obscuring his face. Over his shoulder, a twisted, distorted face seems to be shouting into his ear. The two windows on the northern wall overlook the sea. On the eastern wall, about a third of the way into the room, is yet another telltale statue. This one seems of be of a serpentine creature with many heads, all of which are curled around it into what appears to be sleep.

Christian is sitting in the chair, typing at the computer.
Spoiler : RE+NN :
Boku enters the study.

"Mr. Engel," Christian introduces himself. "I am... was Master Daniel's butler, although I have been the one primarily in charge of managing the estate ever since Master Daniel's... illness."
Blackrune

Post by Blackrune »

Blaze checks if any DVD is currently in the system.
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Nope.
Blackrune

Post by Blackrune »

After taking note of yet another statue, Blaze moves back to the breakfast area.
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

It looks the same as when you first came. No one else is here.
Blackrune

Post by Blackrune »

The detective proceeds to the kitchen.
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Blaze enters a sleek kitchen filled with wooden cabinets and marble countertops. There are two sinks, three ovens, eight stovetops, a large refrigerator, various appliances, and drawers and cabinets filled with utensils, ingredients, and pots and pans. A bowl with fresh-looking fruits sits on the island. On the western wall hangs a painting of two old men hunched over, wearing tattered robes. The man on the left is holding a bowl and a spoon, while the man on the right seems absorbed in a stack of papers.
Blackrune

Post by Blackrune »

"As one would expect."
Having nothing special to say, Blaze proceeds further into the mansion through the hallway to the west, trying to enter the "treasure room".
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Blaze enters a strange, dimly-lit room filled with… various items. In the front part of the room is display cases filled with weapons of all shapes and sizes. Unfortunately, the display cases are arranged to align with the contours of the weapons, creating what feels like a maze to get into inner part of the room. On the western side is four various suits of armor in a line, with the back two facing the front two. They each have a weapon: a crossbow, an axe, a sword, and a bow, which does not appear to be strung. On the back wall is what appears to be a large, steel casket with a woman etched on the front. Above it a stag’s head is mounted on the wall. To the right a second, identical casket, but a doe’s head is mounted on the wall. As you face the door, you notice a lion’s head is mounted on the southern wall, and a lioness’ on the western wall. There are only two lights—on the northern and eastern wall—which give the room a dark, eerie feeling. Finally, in the northwest corner is a pedestal with an obsidian statue on top. It appears to be a man with the head of a jackal, holding a scale in front of him.
Blackrune

Post by Blackrune »

...this will not have a happy ending.

Seemingly unconcerned by how much time this might take, Blaze checks if the display cases have fingerprints on them, and if so, how many different sets.

He also does a luminol test on the weapons the armors are holding, followed by checking them for prints as well.
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

No blood or fingerprints.
Blackrune

Post by Blackrune »

"Most likely Anubis..."

The connection is possible...

Blaze takes a closer look at the statue, wondering if messing with this one might reveal something hidden.
If not, he tries to open the steel caskets, just to see what's inside.