[QUEEN] The Den of Deception

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [QUEEN] The Den of Deception

Post by Enthalpy »

Paloma winces. "I apologize for the disturbance. If you know anything else that might help us settle this last business of your master's, I would like to hear it."
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Nicky Boy
Spoken languages: Ελληνικά, English

Post by Nicky Boy »

"*sigh*" sighed Erik, after yet another statue had nothing to hide.

"I'm sorry for this, it's part of my investigating..." he said a bit embarassed. He went closer to the safe, and so he now joined the others.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

"It's really no trouble," Christian says as he closes the safe door and returns to his desk.

He really doesn't seem to have cared.
Toatali
Spoken languages: English

Post by Toatali »

"Haha oh Erik!" The Colonel gave Erik a patronising slap on the back. "I am sorry for the rude behaviour of my partners. Now, if I may ask, what were you doing on that computer when we walked in?"
Read my blog (it's really good (well, not really good, but... (it's alright, to be honest (Look, it's shit, but do me a solid, ok?))))
toatalireviews.wordpress.com
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

Spoiler : Spectators ONLY :
Someone remind me to not strangle them when I feel that desire...
Erik seemed... too serious after the Colonel's slap.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

"An estate does not manage itself," Christian simply says. "Especially when the patriarch has just passed."
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Paloma eases up after seeing the expression on Christian's face. "Thank you for your time," she says simply, and she leaves the room...

She has some questions for the physician she spoke to earlier, so she heads there next, presumably with the others in tow.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

Well, that's one way to end a conversation... "I thank you, too. Hearing all this invormation will certainly help us." If you care about anything I say, that is...

As he was about to leave the room, he stops and turns to the Colonel. "Oh, I wanted to ask you something... not like the favor I asked for earlier."
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

The group exits the study. They walk down the hall, towards Anne's room...
Toatali
Spoken languages: English

Post by Toatali »

The Colonel responded. "Please, continue, young detective."
Read my blog (it's really good (well, not really good, but... (it's alright, to be honest (Look, it's shit, but do me a solid, ok?))))
toatalireviews.wordpress.com
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

"I'm not--" Bah, there's no point in arguing.

"Anyway, you have taken notes of the statues, right? Have you noted where they faced, by any chance? I have a theory about them, but I can't really work on that without this information." Let's hope it doesn't lead to another failure...
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

The group reaches Anne's room and knocks on her door. After a moment the door opens, revealing the doctor. "Oh, hello again," she says to Paloma. "Is there anything you need?"
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

"Pardon the intrusion. We figured that as a first step in our investigation, we should have better background knowledge about events here. As Mr. Levine's physician, we thought you could tell us about how he had been doing, up until his passing."
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Anne nods in assent, and beckons the group inside. In the southern end of the room is a bed with a fancy white bedspread, with a nightstand with a lamp on each side. A TV is mounted on the west wall. There is a desk with a chair, a vanity, and several dressers. There are two chairs and a sofa placed around a glass coffee table with a vase of flowers on it. The desk has a laptop, and there are several difficult-looking medical tomes on the shelf. The desk and shelf are also filled with folders and what appear to be various stray medical documents.

Anne sits in the chair by the desk. "I want to begin by stating that as a doctor, I highly value the confidentiality with my patients. However, these are clearly... unusual circumstances, so I will speak to a certain extent. But please understand that I can only go into so much detail.

"Now then..." Anne paused for a moment. "Until his passing... I would not say that Mr. Levine had been doing 'well'--CARASIL is a terrible disease--but I also did not expect anything like... this to occur at this point in time. His physical condition, notably in his legs, had deteriorated, so he had trouble moving around, as well as his emotional condition. Mentally, he had some memory problems, especially in his long-term memory. He could still recall general things, but not any details. This deterioration, however, occurred relatively quickly after his symptoms developed and then stabilized."
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

While Erik was waiting for the Colonel to tell him what he asked, he turned to Anne. "CARASIL, huh? I think I read about it somewhere. People have a stroke before their fourties? I think.

Now, you said you 'did not expect anything like this to occur at this point in time'. What exactly is weird about 'this'?"
Last edited by Nicky Boy on Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage