[QUEEN] The Den of Deception

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [QUEEN] The Den of Deception

Post by Enthalpy »

Paloma seems to be taking notes. "I see... And was this 'riddle' discussed at any point?"
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Nicky Boy
Spoken languages: Ελληνικά, English

Post by Nicky Boy »

Erik sighs. He then goes to the Hydra statue and checks for visible peculiarities... not before he passes by the Colonel, first.
Spoiler : toats, Spectators ONLY. Not even BP :
He goes closer to him, and whispers, "Can you do me a favor? I want you to divert his attention, I want to check the statue." He shows the fingerprint powder he has pocketed. A few seconds later, he leaves, regardless of the Colonel's response.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Toatali
Spoken languages: English

Post by Toatali »

Spoiler : Nicky, spectators ONLY :
The Colonel smiled at having been given something to do, especially when it correlated so perfectly with his natural toolset.
A seemingly more cheerful Colonel decided to butt into Paloma and Christian's conversation. "So sorry to interrupt, but you wouldn't mind quickly opening this safe for me while you talk, would you? I'd very much like to look inside, and I thought it might be politer to ask you for some help instead of breaking in myself." The Colonel chuckled.
Read my blog (it's really good (well, not really good, but... (it's alright, to be honest (Look, it's shit, but do me a solid, ok?))))
toatalireviews.wordpress.com
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

"It was mentioned a few times, but there was no substantial discussion," Christian answers. "After all, nobody seems to have any idea of the solution, and you all were coming soon."

Christian then turns to the colonel. "Relatively personal documents are kept in the safe, and I am quite sure that none of them are related to the riddle. I don't mind showing you that there are just papers in the safe, but if you actually wish to look through any of them, I would like a more specific reason."

There doesn't seem to be anything you would call a peculiarity with the statue. The strangest part is that the beast is curled up, likely in sleep, with its heads tucked inside the coil so you cannot actually see any of them.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Paloma pauses. She passes a stray look at the so-called Colonel but soon returns her attention to Christian. "I should have been more specific. I'm curious how the discussion went to call us in. It isn't clear to me if this was before or after his passing."
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

Spoiler : Spectators ONLY :
A wide grin appeared on Erik's face.
"C'mon, Colonel, I know you can find an excuse for that!"

He then glances at Paloma. "I hope she doesn't foil our plan..."
Erik puts his hand on his chin, and seems to be thinking.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

"It was after Master Daniel's passing," Christian answered. "We opened up Master Daniel's will shortly after he passed, per his request, and discovered the riddle. Rachel and Seth were luckily able to get in contact with Gabriel and Asher, and the four of them decided on how they were going to resolve the situation. Unfortunately, nobody had an inkling of how to even approach the riddle, and so in the interest of obtaining the assets of the estate in a timely fashion Rachel organized having the three of you come to assist."

Erik does his best Van Dusen impression.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

"So Asher wasn't here originally? Now that I think back, Rachel only learned that he was here after we had arrived. I recall her being surprised by that, for some reason."
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

"He was invited, naturally, but due to his... relationship with his father, we did not believe he would actually come," Christian explained.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

"If you'll pardon my having to ask this so soon, what exactly was their relationship? I understand if you would rather change the topic."
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

"It was... not positive, to say the least." Christian sighs. "This is... something you are perhaps better off hearing from someone else."
Toatali
Spoken languages: English

Post by Toatali »

Sensing a momentary lull, the Colonel jumped in.
"Ahem, about this safe. I hope you don't mind just coming over here and unlocking it for me? It's not that I don't trust you about its contents, but there's something about it that piques my curiosity as a detective, you see. Obviously, I won't read anything you consider too sensitive, but if you wouldn't mind taking a moment of your time, I would be much obliged."
Read my blog (it's really good (well, not really good, but... (it's alright, to be honest (Look, it's shit, but do me a solid, ok?))))
toatalireviews.wordpress.com
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Christian lets out a small sigh, and stands and walks over to the safe. He twists the dial several times, then twists the lever on the door. Christian opens the safe so that the detectives can see inside it, but does not move from his position directly in front of the safe.

The safe is filled with papers, folders, and other documents, and as far as you can tell that's it.
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

As soon as Erik was out of Christian's sight, he grinned.Now is my chance!

Trying to avoid the others minus the Colonel, he checked the statue for prints, moveable parts and hiden compartments.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Erik thoroughly investigates the statue, but finds nothing out of the ordinary.

The statue is still completely within Christian's line of view (in fact, he may have an even better angle from where he's standing now), but he just doesn't seem to care.