Doki Doki Magical Guardians (MGRP)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Re: Doki Doki Magical Guardians (MGRP)

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Park

"You're not going to hurt him. Everything about this is shady, and it's obvious that we have to do something!" Kazuki shouted. Once again, it was tempting to wonder where all of this energy was earlier. He glared at Sae, as though expecting her to attack first.

That was when Louise appeared.

"A fight might start soon. Things are going to get bumpy... Can you call the police while we try to stall for time?" Kazuki asked in a whisper. It was also a subtle warning to Louise that it was a good idea to flee the scene. Kazuki had no idea whether or not she could use magic. Could she be a helpful ally? It was difficult to explain these things when he didn't have all the details himself, but he needed to think on his feet.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Park

Fumiko listened to Sae's tale... And she couldn't help but be skeptical of her whole song and dance. Sure, what she said sounded logical enough and seemed to make sense, but... There was just something about the way the owl reacted that brought in a pang of doubt in her mind.

She listened to what the others had to say, and her suspicions were validated - everyone else seemed to doubt Sae's story as well. And, well, it seemed once again, her and Teresa would clash on opposite sides.

"I have to agree here. Everything about what you've said... Just seems... Fishy, you know? Plus, if that really were the case, you could probably deal with the situation more peacefully, couldn't you?"

Please don't have a fight break out please don't have a fight break out please don't have a fight break out

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
NihilismFormula
Spoken languages: English

Post by NihilismFormula »

Park- Sae

Sae didn't seem overtly bothered by the skepticism of some of the girls, keeping a sunny grin on her face, as she lightly tossed her red scythe in the air.

Toss. Catch.

"Listen, girls, here's the bottom line. If you're interested in working with us, I'd be willing to put in a good word for you with Milady. Teamwork is a good thing, you know?

Toss. Catch.

Sae's free hand unconsciously strokes her pink hair accessory.

"Buuut, you have two other options! One option is, well, to leave. I won't chase you. No harm will come to you. I promise you that."

Toss. Catch.

"The other is to put any faith in that liar," Sae spat out the last word. "And go against us. And well... I like that possibility, but I don't think its in you girls' best interest." Her sunny smile became a predatory grin as she gripped her weapon tightly in her hand.

It glimmered rather ominously in the sunlight.
Last edited by NihilismFormula on Sun May 21, 2017 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Park

Louise looked at Kazuki, then at Sae. Kazuki, then Sae. Kazuki, then Sae. You get the idea.

"A fight?" She said, considering the words for a moment. Maybe it really was a historical reenactment? But in that case, he wouldn't be asking her to call for the police, would he? Unless this was part of the reenactment. For some reason, though, she doubted this. In which case, the scythe girl with the hair dealie was actually here to start something. Certainly seemed like she was trying to start something.

Something Louise didn't really want to get involved in, most likely. It was a pleasant enough morning. She could go to the beach, take in a decent movie, maybe, have lunch at a nice restaurant. Getting into a fight didn't sound like her ideal way to spend a Saturday morning. Still, she was here to enjoy the park, a fight happening wouldn't necessarily stop her from doing that if she wasn't involved in it. It'd be best to be prepared if something were to happen, though.

She transformed, making an attempt at twirling her revolvers but not doing it very well.

"Mkay." She then proceeded to return to her spot on the bench, revolvers at the ready.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
DSY

Post by DSY »

The Park Bench

Yumi stands firm.....................

.....................Yumi cowers behind Fumiko.

Everything about this girl seemed untrustworthy. From her grin, to her question dodging.

And the way she threw around her scythe didn't help matters at all.

Despite wanting to run away, Yumi's legs simply wouldn't work, so like it or not she was standing her ground.
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

The Park

Fumiko... Did not like Sae's attitude here. The vague threats... All the suspicious behaviour...

So... That's how it was going to be, huh?

Fumiko really didn't want to get into a fight here (especially since it seemed that this girl was a lot stronger than her), but it seemed inevitable, at this point. And, well, with Yumi hiding behind her like this, she had to protect her and the owl... And well, everyone else here, right?

"Then... I guess my choice is clear."

Fumiko raised her fan.

"I choose... Not to believe you!"

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
NihilismFormula

Park

Well, they'd made their bed, they'd have to lie in it. Sae decided.

With no further preamble or any warning of any kind, the girl launched forward at Fumiko, her scythe positioned to slice the other girl in two.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Park:

The girl lunged, and Teresa's eyes widened in shock. Blast, they'd antagonized her and started a fight! So much for the tolerant left. Teresa's instincts kicked in; she HAD to do something!

But her conduit hadn't yet arrived. Right now she was just an average girl-- albeit one with a half decade of junior military training, but in no position to take part in any magical battle. She had a bit of magic in her body, but no conduit to let it loose. And yet, the deadly scythe raced towards the girl.

She had to act.

Teresa pumped all her energy into her legs, and she lunged at Fumiko, knocking her out of the way.

Sae's scythe ripped through her, and Teresa hit the ground, dead. Death came so swiftly she hardly had a chance to feel it. A feeling of dread shook her body, but was quickly replaced by acceptance. It was over. She hit the ground in two pieces.

A second later, her conduit landed, hitting the ground and unfolding. Teresa glanced at it with cold, empty eyes, before letting out a pitiful laugh.

"Took you... long... enough..."

She moved no more.
NihilismFormula

Park- Sae

The moment it happened, Sae's brain essentially short-circuited. She stared down at the body and felt guilt flood into her. That's not how this was supposed to go. She was supposed to test their strength, see if they were worthy opponents. This wasn't supposed to happen. She felt nauseous and staggered backwards. Mentally, she reprimanded herself for disobeying Milady's orders- because, after all, why else would she feel like this? What other reason could there be to want to just sink into the ground, just so she didn't have to look at what she had wrought any longer?

A voice inside her head tried to reassure her- that there was nothing she could have done differently. That Milady would understand. That tactically, this was actually a good thing: one less enemy to worry about. That everything would be fine. But none of the reassurances meant anything to her right now. None of them mattered.

She took a few more steps back, then stared at the others. She opened her mouth... but what was there to say? No words could magically take back what had happened here. And why would she want to apologize to her enemies?

Instead she took to the air, and in a few seconds, was gone.

Park- Pine

Pine just stared, speechless.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Park

"......" Louise stood up from her spot on the bench, staring at the now deceased stranger. Needless to stay, something had happened. And she hadn't been prepared for it. She bowed her head and tipped her hat, raising her hand up in the air, and firing off a shot from the revolver. She then raised her other hand and fired off another shot with the other revolver.

The shots had missed, though that had been intentional. Scythe girl was long gone, and there was no way she would have hit her even if she had tried. These shots had missed, but the next ones would not.

"......" Raising her head and putting her hands down, she glanced at the others. There simply wasn't much to be said, though she wasn't very talkative to begin with.

"The Penultimate Gunslinger." She stated simply.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Park

"No, no, this can't be happening! You have to live! Why did this... How am I... I can't let it end like this!" Kazuki shouted, losing sight of almost everything else except for Teresa's corpse, which was now cut in two. He was vaguely aware of the look of horror on Sae's face as she retreated. But he couldn't help but think that all of this had to be some kind of mistake. Even if it was clear to everyone here that Teresa was dead... That couldn't be right. She had to still be alive. There was no way that they had just witnessed her death. It seemed impossible.

Kazuki ordinarily did his best to cool his mind when using his own powers, but that seemed impossible now. Instead, he transferred large quantities of his battery's magical energy to Teresa. It was a healing spell that took much out of him, but he didn't care. He had to use the most advanced healing he knew, even if he hadn't yet mastered it. But he grew paler as he realized that nothing he was doing was changing anything. Teresa was dead. That much was obvious, but he still refused to accept it. If this much wasn't able to save her... Then even if he used absolutely everything he had, it wouldn't change anything. He couldn't bring people back from the dead. It was too late, and the sight of her corpse would forever be ingrained in his mind. Still, it felt like this had to be some kind of mistake. This was... Some kind of fakeout, right? Teresa had some kind of ability to use very realistic cloning magic, and all of this was some kind of trick, right? That would be extremely cruel, but at least it would mean that she was safe.

That was a foolish thought. Kazuki knew that wasn't true. He knew what a corpse looked like, and he knew that if he could have done anything to prevent this, the time had already passed.

A tear rolled down his face. Then several more. Very quickly, he realized that he couldn't stop. It was an inelegant sight, but he didn't care. He battled between blaming himself and realizing that they still needed to do something and that this wasn't the time to have a meltdown. He felt more guilty about not doing anything due to that self-awareness. What if he had been elsewhere? If he had stayed at home... Maybe the large group wouldn't have formed in the first place. Maybe Teresa would have had little reason to be in the park. Maybe she'd still be alive.

He realized that pondering 'what ifs' wasn't going to go anywhere, but it would still gnaw at the back of his mind. He fell to his knees. If it was possible to just fall asleep until everything was okay, that would have been a very tempting offer. But he knew that he couldn't run away. He at least needed to contact the authorities and make sure the others were fine as well. He needed more information from Pine about what all of this was about.

"I... I'm sorry..." Kazuki's words were hard to make out, but his next move felt clear. He reached into his pocket, took out his cellphone, and pressed the emergency contact button. The authorities needed to handle this... They had to identify who Teresa was and inform her family of what had happened.

Kazuki still couldn't fully accept what he had just seen. He knew that it had to stop at some point, but at that moment, it genuinely felt like his tears would never stop flowing. It felt like time would stop still specifically so that this moment would haunt him forever.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
VGBM

Post by VGBM »

Somewhere else:

Huh? What was that?

That sensation in the air, it's not something most people can easily pick up on, unless they've trained themselves to sense magic. Of course, some innate ability helps as well.

This seemed to be some sort of… really short attack spell, followed immediately by much longer healing magic.

It's pretty obvious what that means, a fight is happening. Nearby. Not terribly close, but within the city. It could be interesting, it could be horrible, but either way it's worth checking out.
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

got's app has been accepted!
Spoiler : Pruara Araryn :
Username: gotMLK7

Character Name: Pruara Araryn

Appearance:
Image Image
Stands at around 4 and a half feet tall, peculiarly short for her age. She has notably large ears behind her hair and her body is covered in scars.

Weapon: A bow and arrow, officially. However, she carries around a plethora of actual non-magical weapons, sometimes even outside her magical gear; knives, throwing daggers, hatchets, ropes, and most famously by her peers large bear traps are all in her arsenal of weapons that she may casually carry around with her, whether or not it's for battle.

Personality: Pruara is more than a little socially awkward. Having been literally raised by animals up until about a year ago, she knows little to nothing about how human social interaction actually works. As a result, while she's not really a mean person, she's off-putting to most people; she has a rather intimidating stare with her large eyes and tendency to stay in the shadows, making her outright scary to a lot of people she interacts with. This isn't helped by the fact she often carries dangerous weapons with her casually and lacks a lot in terms of empathy due to her "circle of life" style uprising. It's hard to interact with Pruara without thinking she's terrifying, and her generally apathetic exterior doesn't help that. That all said, she's not actually a bad person. Her world views are jaded for certain, but she's trying her hardest to adapt to the morality of human civilization, and she can be surprisingly sweet-natured even when it's hard to tell. She likes being complimented and takes a lot of pride in herself, and making other people happy makes her feel good. Unsurprisingly, she's very fond of animals.

Backstory: Pruara Araryn was, as far back as she remembers, has never lived in normal human society. Whether her parents abandoned her, were killed, or whatever else, Pruara has no idea. Her earliest memories consist of her as a child sitting around the tent that presumably belonged to her parents, which was protected by a magical barrier and loaded with various readings on magic studies and survival skills, as well as various weapons for hunting and basic survival necessities. Although Pruara doesn't remember how she ended up left alone in a magical tent in the middle of the forest, she fended for herself surprisingly well. She read through the books available while she rationed her current food supply and practiced honing her magical and hunting skills. Eventually, though, she ran out of food and had to begin hunting. Luckily for Pruara, she had started learning basic stealth and tracking magic that helped with the job. She also had a particular skill with animal communication - she claims she can even speak with them.

Exact details of the rest of her life until recently are...shaky. She obviously grew more skilled in magic and hunting, as she's abnormally talented for her age, but the descriptions she gives are more than a little bizarre. She claims that the animals raised her, and that she grew up in a family of tigers and was friends with wolves and birds of prey and other various wildlife. She even claims that Pruara Araryn is not her birth name, but the one her tiger parents gave to her when they adopted her. She'd use her hunting skills to help her family get food and take down other creatures that put her or them in danger - she was taught that death is a natural part of life and that there was little wrong in killing for the sake of survival, after all. Her story is so outlandish that it's almost impossible to tell if she's telling the truth, but she defends her story with such conviction (despite getting details mixed up at times) that it basically has to just be sort of accepted as truth.

When she was 14, a group of mages studying the forests finally discovered Pruara in the wild, and took her back to civilization. She was initially upset at being taken away from her home, but she claims her tiger family understood that she was different and that this would be good for her. Apparently. Regardless, she slowly began adapting to human society...though obviously not fully, as she still has a long way to go. She's been adopted to the couple that led the expedition that found her (though she insists on maintaining her surname as a keepsake of sorts) and attends school now. She hasn't exactly been stellar at making friends what with bringing knives and bear-traps to school, but she's trying her hardest.

Magic/Technology?: Magic. She specializes specifically in stealth, tracking, and survival magic. Among her notable common skills are invisibility, noise reduction, sensing nearby life, and, according to her, communicating with and attracting animals. Her magical skills are not solely limited to these, but they're certainly what she's best at.

Magic Weapon/Conduit: N/A

Other Information: Pruara was originally created as a D&D character. Specifically, she was a Beastmaster Halfling who controlled a three-headed sabretooth tiger named Bartholomew and had a magical owl.

NihilismFormula

Announcement

After some discussion in Discord, it's been decided that the best way to adjust the current situation in a way that requires some, but less, retooling and frustration on the part of the GMs and players is to retcon Theresa from the RP. Thus every interaction involving her, including her death, did not actually occur in the world of the RP, and Sae's attack on Kamiko is the last recorded action. Sincere apologies for the trouble this may cause RPers and complaints can be taken up with me.

Cheers!
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Enthalpy's app has been accepted!
Spoiler : Adela Marowska :
Username: Enthalpy
Character Name: Adela Marowska
Appearance:
Body - Standing at 4'9", Adela is short for her age. Her straight, golden blonde hair is done up in a braided ponytail in the back and reaches three inches below the bottoms of her shoulders. Eyes are a light, almost icy, blue. She wears contacts. Puberty started late for her. Skin is fair and face shape is rounded.
Clothing (Standard) - Adela often doesn't bother changing out of her school uniform on weekdays. When she is wearing something else, she usually has a light white jacket that is a bit big for her. The jacket can be turned inside out into a black hooded raincoat. As a representative of normal wear for her: a black yoke-waist skirt going down half way past her knees and a shirt covered by a pattern of skewed blue and white triangles. Regardless of her outfit, black Mary Janes for shoes and white, ankle-length socks.
Clothing (Magical) - She wears a crown of ivy, with the leaves bordered by white. For the costume proper, I'll be using the Disney animated Cinderella's dress and gloves as a base. Change both to white. The gloves need modification: for the hands of the glove, the palm has a golden magic circle design on it. On the back of the hand, directly over the magic circle, is a black disc raised about a half centimeter above the rest of the glove. This also has a gold design on it, though this one appears to be circuitry. Her shoes are white slippers. They are neither glass nor have special magic properties.
Weapon: Laser Gloves
Personality: Adela is a perfectionist, always wanting to do things "right" rather than quickly. "Right" means both by others' standards (when relevant) and her own. She has a strong sense of justice, so as you might expect, she does not like bullies much. Although she's less social than most, she has no problems socializing with anybody else.
She is very slow and questioning when taking on new commitments, but this is because of her resolve to finish anything she starts. This includes both the dedication to finish a school project and the loyalty to be there for a friend.
Adela is often proud of her work and will gladly show it to anybody who will pay attention. Due to the lack of any "negative" experiences in her past, Adela is an optimist to a fault and can be overly trusting with people who are not obvious bullies. She enjoys reading in her spare time.
As might be expected given her perfectionism, she is quite organized, and her first order of business in group projects is to figure out what everybody else is doing. After that, she checks in with the others between working on her own part of the project. She's never been very good at sports, but for some reason, that's never bothered her either.
Backstory: No tragic backstory here! Adela grew up as the youngest of three siblings, with a sister eight years older and a brother three years older. Her mother stayed at home when she Adela was younger but has since started working as a tour guide at the local zoo. Her father does proofreading for technical manuals. Adela was always an A-student in school. She knew she could do it, and she didn't want to disappoint her parents. She's also taken up the piano and some cooking. In school, Adela has always gotten on well enough with other students. She's hardly "popular" but has no enemies to speak of and a group of friends. She discovered her magical powers only in the last month or two but has decided to keep them a secret for the time being...
Magic/Technology?: Magic
Magic Weapon/Conduit: N/A
Other Information:
Adela's power is lasers. She can fire lasers from the palm of either/both of her gloves at will. She can control the radius and intensity of her lasers, but increasing either drains her stamina. When she's fully spent, she falls asleep. (Adela is not yet aware of that detail.) She currently has three "modes" for lasers.
Standard - Your standard laser beam. The intensity of the laser fades off as it goes through more "stuff."
Second Harmonic - For when your standard lasers aren't precise enough. By combining the laser beams from both hands, Adela can create a beam that will only strike the surface of her target.
Infrared - Infrared lasers cause the target to vibrate more or less rapidly. The effect will wear off after the target is no longer under laser fire. Sustained targeting causes an increase in vibrational frequency, but the faster the vibration, the more the target "wants" to slow down and thus the harder it is to go faster. Infrared lasers cannot be seen by unaided human eyes. This technique is hard to do on large or complicated systems, so it's better suited to turning the ground into a trampoline to catch someone's fall than using it on an enemy.