Rain: Another Magical Girl RP

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Re: Rain: Another Magical Girl RP

Post by Sleuth »

Main Gayte:

Thorne suddenly felt herself yanked by the scarf as Jane started to drag her off. Unfortunately for Thorne, she was far too exhausted and weakened to fight back.

"WH--!? LET ME GO YOU ASSHOLE" Thorne cried, wriggling like a worm as she tried to muster up the strength to resist. Thorne wasn't wexactly the biggest of girls though.

Chili popped her head out of Thorne's pocket, tilting her head quizzically.

"Well have fun with that, Checkers," Chili said, hopping out of her pocket and scampering over towards the collectice of Laura, Kazuko, and Karen D. "I'm gonna chill with these guys so I don't get associated with you."

With that, the flame-shaped squirrel hopped onto Karen D, sitting on her shoulder.
Last edited by Sleuth on Mon May 06, 2019 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Coolmeyer's Cafe

A bell rings as the glass door leading to the cafe swings open. Despite Thorne's protests and pathetic attempts at getting Jane off of her, the cripple had kept an iron grip and dragged her into Soggan's most reputable cafe. The people inside, who had gone inside to wait out the rain earlier, watched as Jane hobbled her way toward a booth. While normally people would stop whatever they were doing to help a cripple like her, she had already built up a reputation in the cafe for being... less than gracious to receiving assistance from others. She pulled in Thorne close to her face and glared at her.

"I don't wanna hear a word of a complaint from you, got it Veggie girl?" She growled before "gently" throwing Thorne onto the soft-cushioned seating of one of the booths.

Jane hopped over to the other side of the booth and lowered herself into one of the seats, taking one of the menus that were already on the table and putting it in front of her face, completely blocking out Thorne from her view as she opened it and thought of what to order.

"Hey waitress! I'll have my usual!" Jane yelled, calling for service.

She just liked reading the stuff on the menu.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Coolmeyer's Cafe:

As Jane and Thorne had the world's most embarrassing struggle, Jane guided them to a cafe not too far from school. Which was good both because Thorne was starving and also because their stupid struggle would probably kill them both if they kept it up.

The diner was warmer than outside, but not so much that she needed to remove her jacket or scarf. The first thing she did upon sitting down was to immediately clean off her scarf and carefully stick it into her bag, so it wouldn't get ruined by any of the surely stellar food served at this place. Finally, she picked up the menu, glaring at the girl across from her.

"Just so you know, there are better ways to take a girl out." Thorne said bitterly, ignoring the constant plant-based jabs. Come on, she didn't even grow fruit. But she was still starving-- Once she had her strength back from the food, she could give this bubblegum girl what-for.

Her eyes glazed down the menu. She'd heard of this place, though she'd never been before. It seemed like a... reputable... establishment. Probably. Her eyes lingered over the "Breakfast All Day" portion. Usually she wasn't one to get into the crazier stuff, but what the hell-- She'd just survived a fight with an otherworldly monster and she probably deserved some goddamn pancakes right now.

"Chocolate chip pancakes," She told the waitress, "And a glass of milk, please."

Thorne didn't even remotely care if Jane mocked her for that.
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Main Gate:

As the pink-haired terror started taking her leave, Laura's hysterical panicking started a decrescendo into more of an unsettled whimper. That was... one problem solved? She supposed? So that only left about twenty. Okay, maybe that was a bit much, but to Laura, who at the moment was more focused on fretting than thinking, twenty certainly sounded right.

There was talk of going to some cafe. Getting together, eating, and talking about magic, from the sounds of things. Did that apply to her? She figured it probably did. But these were just high-school students. She'd look so out of place. And she didn't know how to get the Blobs back to their usual... blobbiness. So she'd be stuck in public wearing this inane getup... She didn't seem aware of the fact that as far as Magical Girl outfits went, it was pretty mundane.

Ooooohhh... did she have enough money? Was she that hungry? Was it worth being seen like this? Laura didn't know the answer to any of those questions... But something told her that it was a bad idea just to stand there in the rain, so she slowly started following alongside Kazuko, not saying much of anything.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Coolmeyer's Cafe

"... Wait, what's a mimosa?" Kazuko asked, after Karen's words finally dawned on her. But as she approached the Cafe, she didn't wait for an answer. She was now in a new place, and that meant that she needed to find the most efficient way to manage her anxieties. Thankfully, Lamorak was there to make sure that she didn't completely mess things up. Lamorak looked up at Kazuko, reassuringly. ... Did HE know what mimosas were??? Kazuko decided that this arcane knowledge wasn't hers to have, because her brain was already occupied with other things.

Kazuko took a seat alongside the others. It seemed like along the way, they had also recruited an extremely confused teacher. Kazuko looked at her, and felt a strange affinity that she couldn't quite describe. Then she looked at the waitress who approached the table. Oh, right. She was probably expected to order something, right?

"Existential dread with a side order of depressive episodes, please." Kazuko said, not thinking.

Lamorak proceeded to gently squeeze her hand, and then Kazuko realized her mistake. She then proceeded to give the most obvious fake-laugh ever in an effort to make that seem like some kind of twisted joke. Her eyes quickly darted across the menu. She then found out that she was holding the menu upside-down, and quickly sought to correct this. Feeling like she was taking too long to order, Kazuko anxiously just said something in order to remove the imaginary spotlight from herself.

"I'll, uh, yeah! Have what Thorne's having! A glass of pancakes and chocolate chip milk! ... Um. Ahem. I meant... Chocolate chip pancakes and a glass of milk, please..." Kazuko said. She then slowly sunk into her chair, until she sunk down onto the floor, before getting back up again.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Reyson

Post by Reyson »

Coolmeyer’s Cafe

“Wait, what’s a mimosa?”

Kazuko didn’t seem to have any interest in the answer to that question. Instead, she headed toward the cafe where the others had already been seated. Oh, well. Soon enough, Karen could teach Kazuko the true wonders of the mimosa. She’d get bombed with Kazuko and they could share deep, dark secrets, as friends do. At the current moment, there were more pressing matters at hand. Karen took her jacket off and sat in the booth across from Kazuko. She took some time to ponder the menu, and her new friends.

Each one of them seemed to lack any form of social tact. There may very well be a fair amount of people in the world that wouldn’t bother with these kids. But, partially as a result of her own friendly disposition and also because she felt like she was obligated to hang around with some fellow Magical Girls, it was looking increasingly like these ladies were Karen's new Best Friends™. Sure, they were all younger than her and seemed to be a bunch of headcases for the most part, but Karen had extended her friendship to much less worthy candidates. And those friends hadn’t just fought off strange ephemeral beings with her.

Karen stopped evaluating her friends and at what point one could be considered to have had too many orders of hash browns when she witnessed the painful struggle of Kazuko attempting to order some food.

This is just brutal. I need some food.

“Could I please get an omelette, some coffee, and some hash browns? And, when you think you’ve given me enough hash browns, throw some more on there. Thanks so much.”

Karen turned to Kazuko and gave her a smile. She placed her hand on top of Kazuko’s for a second, hoping to reassure her new buddy.

“You’re doing great, sweetie.” Karen said, giggling.
Rey Rey the Jet Plane
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Coolmeyer's Café

Though they couldn't see her, Jane rolled her eyes as she heard Thorne from behind her impenetrable wall that was the café menu. She flipped to the next page and eyed the desserts.

"Yeah, a lot of better ways to take a girl out. I could whack 'em from behind with my stick. Bludgeon 'em, strangle 'em, shoot 'em. I got options." She says nonchalantly, as if she were reading them off the menu in her hands. Jane grumbled and clenched her teeth together as Karen took a seat next to her.

"Hmph, yeah. Great for a stuttering mess that can't get her words straight unless she wears a pretty little princess gown or holds the hand of her plush toy granpa."

She flipped to the last page and stumbled upon the completely appropriate "Mama-approved" liquor menu.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Coolmeyer's Cafe

Lamorak quietly gestured at a chair for Laura to pull up in order to join in on the conversation. Perhaps feeling like she had every right to be lost, Lamorak had chosen to focus on getting her specifically up to speed. "Please act like I'm not here. Non-magical humans can't see me. Now, is there any way I can help you understand the current situation?"

Meanwhile, Kazuko decided to casually have a nervous breakdown.

What is this? Why is she holding my hand? Is this marriage??? Are we life partners now??? Wait, no, we're not old enough to get married! ... Wait, I forgot, gay marriage isn't legal. Is... Is she saying that she wants to elope and move out of the country? Is that what this is???

"Um. Uh. Feel free to rely on me, I'm...Not bad? In a fight? I think? My ice skills are... They exist..." Kazuko said to Karen. She then realized that she said that in front of a waitress who had no context for any of this.

"I, uh... We... Play videogames together! I main... The Ice Climbers..." Kazuko desperately said, trying to salvage the situation.

She then turned towards Jane, taking a deep breath. ... This wasn't good. She couldn't just let Jane keep pushing her around!

"I, uh... Seriously don't like how you're treating me. I don't think I've done anything to deserve it..."
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Library

It seemed that the matter had been handled, as the Blobs had actually decided to follow. That left them down one staff member tending to the shelves, but normal procedure was once more restored, and provided there were no further disturbances, there would be peace. The responsibility of shelving the returns and misplaced books would be assigned anew the next day, or taken care of during class hours by the head librarian. The delay to Teresa's schedule had been minimal, and dare one say, insignificant.

For the remainder of the study period, Charlie paced the carpeted grounds to check for anything out of place or anyone possibly in need of assistance, while the sub-librarian read silently.

Peace. And. Quiet.

A five minute warning was issued by way of three rings of the front desk's bell, a signal she had ensured was brought to everyone's awareness, and those who remained packed up and quietly shuffled out. Just before the ringing of the school bell, her book was marked, shut, and placed in her bag, as she stood, collected her things, and walked to the door. Her watch for the day was over, and the staff would see to it that what was left out of place was put where it belonged. Another day all according to plan.

The duo began to walk down the hall to where the front door was, so they could take their leave and return home.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Hills High:

"Um, excuse me! Have you seen.... No? Thank you! Sorry! Um, excuse me! Have you seen... That's alright! Thanks! Hey! Excuse me...!"

An oncoming whirlwind of a girl started heading down the hall, pinballing from student to student-- She seemed rather distressed, but maintained a cheery smile throughout. Her eyes then fell on Teresa, and she darted towards her, so fast it seemed she'd trip over her long tangle of hair.

"Oh! You're the one who works at the library, right! That's where Thorne likes to go and pretend she isn't reading manga!" The magenta-haired girl said, smiling at Teresa, "Uh, sorry, I'm Rose-- I'm looking for my friend, Thorne! You haven't happened to see her, have you? This is her here!"

Rose thrust her phone in Teresa's face: the lockscreen was a photo of Rose and another girl, Thorne, both smiling and posing like anime characters. A blinding amount of sparkles and emojis had been added over the photo.

"Uh, I'm sure she's fine, but," Rose's voice cracked ever so slightly, "S-she hasn't been answering her phone, and she never goes this long without telling me what's up, and like... You know how those rumors have been going around and all..."

Somehow, she managed to make that word sound pink.
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Coolmeyer's Reputable Cafe:

Laura stepped into the cafe with a wary look in her eye. The lights were dimmed (or was that just a lack of ambient light from all the clouds?), and it wasn't that much warmer in here than it was outside. She continued slowly following the group to the booth, and pulled up a chair largely at the bear's request. She wished she didn't have to, though. She scanned over the four girls at the booth (at least she assumed they were all girls - the one in the checkered scarf was a bit of a difficult case to judge on appearance alone) and silently wished that any one of them other than Miss Blue-Hair would change places with her so as to hide her left arm. The palette sitting there that she couldn't seem to remove very well would be a bit of a dodgy explanation... And her sitting with a bunch of high school students was an even dodgier explanation. Well, she thought she could fix the palette problem by holding her left arm under the table. So she did that. And now she looked even sillier than she had started out. Why oh why did she have to decide to tag along?

Her regret for this decision only grew when she heard the group speaking among one another and toward the waitress. Being within the mere vicinity of the Pink Menace was enough to set her on edge, and the androgynous one that she physically dragged here wasn't giving her the friendliest vibes either. It sounded like the redhead enjoyed alcoholic drinks on, at the very least, a semi-regular basis... but wasn't she underage? And she was encouraging other underage people to drink with her? Well, at least Miss Blue-Hair seemed to be pleasant and-

"Existential dread with a side order of depressive episodes, please."

...Oh. Maybe not. This group was... well, if she were asked, the word Laura would use would be "troubled." Her eyes flitted between the four others at the booth, discomfort more than evident on her face. Perhaps Laura would have to be the one to set everyone straight? Now didn't that thought scare her. She never was the best with people... She let out another soft sigh before turning to the menu and searching for the first thing she could find that was both cheap and appealed to her... inside the breakfast portion. That was where everyone else was ordering from, outside of the Pink Menace. Laura couldn't help but follow suit, lest any more attention be brought onto her. She was afraid something inside her would burst...

"Mmh. M-May I please have some waffles with the strawberries and bananas a-and a hot Earl Grey tea to drink? Oh, uh, I'd also like some boysenberry syrup for the waffles, please... i-if you have it, that is... T-Thank you." After ordering, Laura gazed down toward Lamorak. How silly this all seemed. Laura took an educated guess and supposed that this simple plush polar bear was the partner of Miss Blue-Hair. An equivalent of the Blobs, except much more charming, serious, and more than likely competent, though Laura had no basis for that last part. Though, how was she meant to ask questions to him and pretend he wasn't there at the same time? For the moment, she discreetly held up her index finger toward him in a "Wait one moment," gesture, and then made some small pointing motions behind her with her thumb, signalling that she wanted to wait until the waitress behind her was gone before she asked anything to him.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Coolmeyer's Cafe

"I shall take a coffee. Black. And also strawberry pancakes with some of that little powdered sugar on top. Posthaste," said Ruby.

Who was suddenly sitting at the girls' table, lounging her arms over the back of the seat, sitting uncomfortably close to Jane.

Nobody was sure when she got there.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Coolmeyer's Cafe

Thorne did her best to shut out Jane's snide remarks-- But she soon found her attention captured by Karen, laying her hand over Kazuko's. Thorne quickly hid her face behind her menu, despite having already ordered, her cheeks turning bright red.

Oh my god oh my god oh my god. Were those two a thing?? Or is this just a Normal Girl Thing that friends do? Does she even notice??? Is she doing it on purpose????

Thorne was no expert at social situations. She just wanted to be alone or with her best friend. Well, what would Rose do? She loved being around people. Maybe if she copied her, this would work.

As the waitress walked away, no doubt confused but not paid enough to care, Thorne took a breath and lowered the menu, glancing around at the other girls (wait had there always been 6 of them. no of course there had thatd be weird if there werent) and 1 grown woman sitting around her.

Just do what Rose does.

"Ahem. New best friends," Thorne began, then, side-eyeing Jane, "And Jane. We have been brought together by incredible circumstances, and it's not impossible that there's more people like us living in Soggan. I propose that we work as a team, pooling our strength and knowledge to eliminate the Ghoul menace! And. Like. It'd totally slap if we could work together."

"NEEEERRRDDD" Chili said, making herself at home on Karen's shoulder.

Thorne felt her face redden but she pressed onward, gone too far to stop now.

"Anyways... I think a good start would be figuring out who that girl was that we saw in the Negative Zone. W-who's with me?"

She clenched her fists under the table as she waited for the response, her hair antennae seemingly twitching with anticipation.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Hills High - Hallway

Returning home, watering the plants. The next steps in Teresa's itinerary. Simple enough to accomplish, and, barring the appearance of some unseen insect or other malady, one much less likely to have any interruptions. The latter half of her daily schedule was similar in that respect; the less people were around, the less chance there was of anything going wrong. It could be considered her period of rest for the day, which she had arranged that way on purpose. More energy was spent in the first half of the day, and so, it was only logical to put the more intensive tasks then. All she had to do, then, was make her way out- A person.

Teresa paused mid-march at the arrival of the other girl. She stared blankly at her, putting her foot down as she finished speaking.

"...Yes, that is I. I don't know if she does that. I haven't seen her. She's most likely fine. Phones run out of battery. I don't know about any rumors."

There would be no room for confusion or time-wasting this way. Each of her questions had been answered. Of course, that didn't mean there wouldn't be more, but it would solve the problem efficiently. She accounted for delays during her commute to and from school, as fixed as most of the schedule was, simply because they were the periods most likely to have them. That didn't mean they were ideal, far from it, but she was at least prepared for them.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Reyson

Post by Reyson »

Coolmeyer’s Cafe

“New best friends…”

Karen almost stopped listening once those three words words escaped Thorne’s mouth. This was too easy. These girls all really did think that they were best friends already! Karen could hardly contain her excitement.

“And Jane.”

Well, there were still some details to be ironed out. Jane wasn’t the most warm and cuddly person, but that’s why Karen Dzielny was put on this Earth. To bring friendship to everybody!

Don’t worry, Jane! I will be your bestie!

Karen smiled as Thorne finished up her little pep talk. Upon suggesting that they form a sort of team, Karen took her phone from the waistband of her leggings and put it on the table.

“That would be so fun! You guys all put your numbers in my phone, and we can make a little group chat and everything!”

Just then, Chili decided to once again mock Thorne. Admittedly, it was hilarious, but Karen couldn’t let Thorne know that she found her suffering amusing. That was bad for friendship. Karen turned to the squirrel on her shoulder and picked her up by the tail.

“Goodness, I know I’m gorgeous but I never thought a squirrel would be all over me.” Karen joked before putting Chili on the table.

“Anyway, I think it would be great if we could all work together. Especially since we all get along so well already!”

Karen threw an arm around Jane and gave her a “please-don’t-hit-me” look.

“Right, Jane?”
Rey Rey the Jet Plane