Rain: Another Magical Girl RP

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Reyson
Spoken languages: English

Re: Rain: Another Magical Girl RP

Post by Reyson »

The Negative Zone

Karen heard Thorne pleading with her to keep her shield up. Karen’s eyes were still squeezed shut, she was clearly struggling to keep up their protection. Thorne combined their powers once again and added a series of spikes to the shield. As the Ghoul smashed its arm into her barrier, Karen felt as though the wind had been knocked out of her. The shield Karen had been projecting seemed to flicker and eventually die out entirely. Karen let out a series of coughs. Even though Thorne’s trap had injured the Ghoul slightly, it seemed intent on winning this fight.

F@#*, this is hard!

Just when Karen thought she had a chance to catch her breath, two more of the Ghoul’s infernal tentacles had sprung up from the ground. Karen tried to recall how she beat them last time. She soon remembered that she didn’t. That other girl, Ruby, destroyed the last tentacle by defeating the Ghoul with a ferocious attack. Karen ordinarily had very few methods of attack that could be considered ferocious, but now that she had a more powerful weapon it might be worth a shot. Karen placed her tiger shield near Thorne in case she was in need of it. She seemed to be able to take a hit pretty well, but it couldn’t hurt to be more careful.

“Karen. You’re without your only defensive equipment now. Use your athleticism to your advantage, you can’t block the Ghoul’s attacks on the fly now.” Xuande reminded her.

Karen nodded and adjusted her headband in order to keep her hair out of her face. She set her sights on one the Ghoul itself. If she could avoid the tentacles and get to the Ghoul’s body, surely the tentacles would stop being a problem. Of course, that was only if Karen could actually put together a strong enough attack. Karen took off toward the Ghoul and avoided the tentacles once again to the best of her ability. She performed a very baseball-like slide toward the Ghoul’s leg and swung her staff at its ankle. Thanks to Thorne’s magic, Karen’s ordinarily blunt staff had been turned into what could almost be considered a large halberd.

I need a lot of drinks.
Rey Rey the Jet Plane
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Library

"...The answer to everything you've said to me just now is no. Remove yourselves immediately." The horse retorted.

Immediately they did not, as it seemed the ones who were meant to be there had decided to depart due to the din. Teresa's usual stoic expression gave way to a frown, but she remained at her post. She had a job to take care of, but also reading to do. She would give only a little bit more time before intervening herself, as the interruption would have to be planned around, and planning would take more time. It seemed a staff member had also arrived to reprimand them for the disruption. Good. For the moment, she continued to read, not even acknowledging the significance of the woman being able to speak to them.

Charlie made a throat-clearing noise, tilting his head up to look at Laura. "...Are you the one they're tied to, miss?"
The Final but not so ending chapter.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

The Negative Zone

"Lamorak, I think I REALLY need to end this quickly! Preferably quicker than quick, actually. Any ideas?" Kazuko tried to conceal her panic as she looked at the giant Ghoul, unsure of how much damage they had done so far. More to the point, she knew that the longer the fight lasted, the greater a chance there was of someone getting extremely injured. She was determined to stop that from happening.

Her companion was silent for a moment, and Kazuko feared that he didn't have any advice. However, he broke his silence. "... The best idea would be to attempt to freeze both of the tentacles. However, I fear that trying this would drain your magic quickly. Kazuko, try to freeze one. It will be much easier to dodge the other one if we can manage that."

So that was the plan, then. She didn't have any better ideas, but she really wanted to do some damage too. She recovered the umbrella that she had un-frozen before. ... Maybe there was something she could do.

She skated away, gathering some distance from the appendages. She could already feel herself being strained. ... This wasn't good. She really needed to work on her stamina. It always felt like fights drained her too quickly even if she didn't use her powers too often. She wasn't sure how much of that was tied to her own mental health and how much of that was tied to her own physical limitations. Either way, she didn't like it, just like she didn't like most things about herself.

But while she still had the power to, she would do what she had to. She used one hand to fire a ray of ice at one of the tentacles, trying to freeze it or at least slow it down. While she did that, she concentrated on her umbrella. This time, rather than trying to turn it into some sort of makeshift bludgeon, she fashioned it into something resembling an ice javelin, one extremely pointy end. It was crude and clearly she hadn't practiced this before, but it would have to do.

Kazuko took a deep breath.

And with all her strength, she threw the javelin at the giant Ghoul's head. As soon as her hand was freed, she fired more ice at the javelin that she had just thrown in order to give it more air time. She felt her legs shaking.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Negative Zone:

Thorne sighed in relief-- Her special move had worked. Plus, it looked sick as hell. She was gonna have to come up with a name for it, like "THOUSAND TIGER FANGS" or "KING TIGER THORNED SHIELD"--

"hey hey earth to thorne. you're still in the fight, look alive."

Thorne snapped back into it as Karen flew off to attack, but she'd left her shield behind for Thorne-- She gratefully picked it up in time for the enemy to perform another attack; the ground tentacles, copying her again, but this time stronger. Thorne raised the shield just in time to block one of the tentacle's wild swings. Even with the shield, the impact sent Thorne flying a good few feet, but she landed on her feet. It was time to scan the situation:

Karen was going for the Ghoul's legs, a safe bet considering the creature had sent its arms away. Meanwhile Kazuko was pulling double-duty, hurling a spear of ice at the creature, while simultaneously trying to freeze the attacking appendages; she'd probably need some help with that.

"Okay, let's try something a bit bigger." Thorne said to herself, as she placed her hand on the ground once more. She raised Karen's shield with her other hand, so as not to be fully vulnerable, and began pooling her energy beneath her, preparing to unleash it into a flurry of much larger, stronger vines. She just needed some time...

"Everyone! Keep attacking!" Thorne shouted to her teammates, "If we keep this up, we can defeat it!"
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Library:

Laura, skittish as she was, jumped and panicked a bit when Kuro reprimanded her. She was just trying to be subtle... Or... not obtrusive? Like the Blobs? That's all she hoped for, really. Fortunately, it seemed like Kyomou was far less perturbed. Laura let out a sigh of relief that was a bit heavier than she expected or intended.

"Ah, it's really no problem, I promise... You three have fun!" She whisper-shouted. "A-And do come back again...? Is-Is that...?" She was about to finish her question with 'overdoing it,' before realizing she had trailed off. She fell into the seat where Kyomou was just sitting. She would've been more delicate about it, but somehow, the gravity in the room felt stronger than usual. Her elbow soon found itself against the table, and her right cheek was nestled into her open palm.

"Well, those guys were fun to mess with! Wonder when we'll see them again! Because we ALL KNOW we will," the Blobs made carefree bouncing motions on the table, ignoring Charlie. Perhaps they thought he was just being too much of a drag. Speaking of the horse, it seemed like Charlie wanted a word with Laura. She fidgeted in place a small amount.

"...Are you the one they're tied to, miss?"

"Mmh. Yes... unfortunately." She did her best to shoot the Blobs a vindictive glare, though from such a meek woman, it didn't amount to much. It was like getting stared down by a koala bear. "...I do wish I knew how to keep them on a shorter leash. I don't even know what they do... Perhaps I'm just not suited for... mmh..." She didn't know how exactly to finish that sentence, so she just let it hang in the air, distracting herself with one of her braids.
VGBM

Post by VGBM »

Study group gooo!

If there weren't so many distractions right now, Kuro probably would have noticed that woman sooner, but he wasn't gonna admit that. With the initial shock out of the way, he just shrugged it off and followed the rest of his study group out of the library. However, when he thought no one else was looking, he looked back directly at the blobs, gave them a knowing smirk, and then the doors closed behind them.

The walk through the school was a quiet one, at least on Kuro's part. He couldn't help but keep glancing around the empty halls and peering into the unused classrooms. He was definitely not used to still being in the building this late. Meanwhile, he couldn't help but feel like he was forgetting something important.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

The Distortion Zone

Ruby grinned a ghastly grin. "The demon thinks that it can find strength in size, does it? Kee hee hee...How foolish."

She took a few steps closer to the large Ghoul, before sticking her arms out to either side. The sleeves opened up like before.

"The mortal saying goes, the bigger they are, the harder they shall fall! And fall you shall, insignificant weakling! Be consumed by my HEART OF INFERNO BLAZE!"

With a maniacal laugh echoing throughout the distortion, black flames emerged from both of Ruby's sleeves, out to either side. Rather than merely stop at the ground, however, the flames began to spread. They spread across the ground of the distortion in intricate lines, expanding out from Ruby in a seemingly intentional path, dashing back and forth. Walls of black fire formed like the walls of a maze. Eventually, the flames reached the point where the armless Ghoul stood, flames racing to consume it from multiple directions.

"Burn, burn, BURN IT ALL DOWN! KYAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHEHEHEHAAAA!"
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Negative Zone

The feeling of malicious joy she had when seeing the ghoul stumble back from her shot was unlike anything else she felt. However, the feeling was immediately cut short the moment the ghoul had retreated and formed the giant that now stood before her. Her smile quickly turned into a deep scowl and her eyes burned with anger.

"Oh come on, Just die already!" She yelled, slamming the tip of her rifle into the ground. She raised her gun and attempted to take aim at it again, but suddenly the ghoul moved to attack, raising its massive arm into the air and bringing it down to strike. At that moment, Jane flinched, thinking she were helpless to dodge it, let alone stop it.

"Ack!" She winced, anticipating the immense pain she'd be in after being crushed... Except it the feeling never came. Instead, she heard the sound of a heavy object striking a wall, only to open her eyes and realize Karen's shield had protected them and the attack had been mitigated by Kazuko's ice. Jane let out a sigh, relieved she'd still have every bone in her body.

When the ghoul moved to strike again, Jane braced herself once more... when suddenly walls of fire had spread across the entire ground, indiscriminate in whoever it burned, friend or foe. Once she was surrounded by flames on all sides and her line of sight to the ghoul had been blocked, Jane reflexively panicked and attempted to jump out of the way with a yelp.

"TCH, HEY HOT TOPIC!" She yells angrily at Ruby with her eyes closed. The rising temperature only made her anger rise with it. "CONSIDER YOUR LOCAL PWD BEFORE YOU GO AROUND ARSONING EVERYTHING!" Just when she thought she'd be burned any minute, she opened her eyes, only to be greeted by her legs dangling over nothing several feet up in the air as she rose up at an incredible speed.

"I'm... flying...?" She blinked, confused.

Nope! Friend is falling in reverse! said the voice of Friend in her head.

The bird was dumb but he was right, Jane could feel her ascent slowly coming to a halt. She was not flying, she had jumped high into the air. Her leg may not be healed, but her one good leg had been granted the ability of super jumping. She looked down, seeing the ghoul and the other magical girls below. She now had the perfect vantage point for taking a shot. She smiled, the rage building up in her had reached its boiling point, as if heated by the flames down below. She wanted this fight to be over with, she wanted to see that ghoul die horribly crumble into fading dust.

Her rifle glowed bright orange as she lined up her shot.

"I swear on your god damn corpse you bird, if this doesn't kill it I am going to end you." She said, aiming once more for the deformed head of the ghoul down below.

If it makes friend happy to end the ghoul, then Friend will help! Ammo Change: Friendship Explosion Plus!

All the pink from Jane's scarf was drained as the feathers transferred their energy into the rifle, preparing for one last explosive blast. A bright ball of burning orange energy formed at the end of her rifle, growing in size as the seconds passed. Jane took a deep breath as she came to the peak of her jump. Just before she started falling again, she slowly exhaled and squeezed the trigger.

The energy was released all at once, shooting out from the tip of the rifle into a concentrated blast of magical energy, ready to explode the moment it made contact with the ghoul.
DSY

Post by DSY »

The Negative Zone

The fires reached the Ghoul first, seeming to spread all over it's body.

It tried to recall it's tentacles to reform it's body but one of them was frozen by Kazuko's ice.

The other caught fire too, only managing to recover some of it.

Without arms, it was defenseless to protect itself from Karen's strike, slashing through it with ease.

The Ghoul, body damaged but not broken, began to reform itself as fast as it could! But the nail in the coffin had been hammered by Jane's airborne strike.

The shot fired straight through the Ghoul's head went straight through it.

For a moment, it was completely still. Mushy parts unmoving, body frozen.

Until all at once, all parts of it shattered into dust.

The Big Ghoul was defeated!

All around you, the Negative Zone begins shifting and warping. From seemingly nowhere a bright light seems to emit from somewhere, distorting you vision.

Before you can't see anything anymore, you swear you see....someone?

A student by the looks of it, one with long black hair, covering their face with a Hills High Hat.

A voice you've never heard before seems to call out: "Wow! Good job guys! I thought you'd need my help but, I guess not. You all did a--"

---------------------------------------------------

The Main Gate

The rain is pouring again.

Suddenly, like it was all a dream, you find yourselves right back at the Main Gate.

You look at yourself and notice you are back in your normal clothes.

You look around to find many other students laying around. Students who absolutely weren't there before.

"Man...what were we doing out here?" One of them says.

"Holy crap! How did it get so late!?" One of them shouts.

"Aw dammit! I'm gonna miss club!" Another yells, running away.

Were they all victims of the Ghouls?

One by one the students disperse, most not paying any mind to you.
Spoiler : OOC :
Except maybe Karen cuz she makes a point of sticking out and stuff.
Among the leaving, is one stray cat. Shaking itself off from the rain and trotting away.
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Main Gate

As the blurs vanished and the world returned to normal...Ruby suddenly let out a shout.

"ANGEL LIMITER RETURNS, THE ALL-POWERFUL DEVIL RETURNS TO HER LAIR IN HELL, MWA HA HA HA!"

She then made a tossing motion to the ground, and was suddenly engulfed in a puff of smoke. From out the cloud a moment later, Ruby could be seen running out the gate, giggling to herself and carrying a duffel bag. She briefly tripped over herself, got back up, brushed off her knees, and continued to run off, still laughing maniacally.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Main Gate

Some part of Kazuko felt like this encounter should have served as proof that she was strong. A confidence booster to indicate that she was in control, because someone who couldn't read her mind might have gotten the mistaken impression that she had actually known what she was doing. Instead, she felt exhausted and powerless. So powerless, that she fell to the floor in a very undignified way, stretching her arms as if trying to prove that she was alive. ... She really hoped that she would just fade into the background.

"I pushed myself too much... How are the rest of you holding up?" Kazuko said. Despite herself, she let out a weak smile upon seeing the new students. Had they saved those students? ... Then it was worth it to feel like this. Lamorak carefully picked up Kazuko's umbrella and moved it closer to her, carefully timing his movements so it would have looked like one of the students had accidentally kicked it aside, coincidentally causing it to roll towards Kazuko. It was strange to look at her umbrella and see it relatively intact, considering how she had basically been forced to turn it into a makeshift weapon. She needed to think about other everyday things she could hold that would make better weapons when combined with her ice powers.

There were still questions on her mind. First of all, she had seen a student in the Negative Zone, one wearing a hat whose long black hair had seemed so striking to her at the time. She would have taken it as her exhaustion causing her to conjure up an imaginary girlfriend, but Lamorak had clearly noticed her too, so that idea clearly wasn't true.

"Oh, uh... Feel free to rely on me, by the way. I, uh... Can do the thing? Where I'm cool and stuff?" Kazuko absentmindedly started to swing her umbrella with one hand, as if to show off her 'moves'. This was clearly helping her seem great and reliable.

"Wait... That girl who wasn't a ghost cat ran off... I hope I see her again..."
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Reyson

Post by Reyson »

The Negative Zone

After a flurry of attacks, the Ghoul was finally vanquished. Karen’s surroundings seemed to be unstable after the Ghoul disappeared. In her disoriented state, she thought she saw a girl speaking to the group of Magical Girls. If Karen hadn’t spent the last chunk of her day fighting off evil creatures in some kind of parallel universe, then she might think she was losing her mind. In fact, if she didn’t feel like she had just run a marathon, she probably wouldn’t believe that any of those memories were real. Of course, Xuande would most likely fill her in on anything if she had any doubts. So, Karen decided she was alright. She had just kicked ass, after all. Karen still didn’t know what to make of the mysterious girl, but before she had any time to think about that, she was gone.

Main Gate

Karen found herself back in the courtyard. She was in her regular clothes, just like any other day. Her orange coat from her Magical Girl outfit had been traded for her favorite denim jacket. She had her combat boots back on. Everything was back to normal. Karen wished she still had that sick headband, though. Her head was now unadorned and as a result, the pouring rain had ruined her hair. Crimson strands stuck to her cheeks, which had flushed bright pink after her physical exertion. Karen took deep breaths as the cool rain fell. She thought about getting out of the rain and into some shelter, her clothes were sticking to her and making it quite uncomfortable. She decided the cooldown was necessary, though.

Once she opened her eyes, Karen noticed the other students had returned to the courtyard. They, too, were shocked by the passage of time. The kids hustled to make their club meetings.

“Karen, are you going to be at softball practice?”

“Hey Karen! Don’t forget, the dance recital is next week! We have to practice!”

“Aww, damn! We missed poetry club, Karen!”

Karen let out a dramatic sigh. Karen hated letting her fans down. “Sorry, guys. I’ll catch up with you later.”

Dammit.

Since she had to make up for her shortcomings somehow, Karen went to check on Thorne and Kazuko. She rested her hands on her hips and looked toward the sky one more time, sticking her tongue out to catch some droplets of rain.

“Hey, ladies! Are you two doing okay?”

Internally, Karen was shocked at how much effort it took to walk over to her comrades and utter that sentence. At least she had some new friends.
Rey Rey the Jet Plane
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Main Gate - Back to Normal...

Just a little more, and I'll hit it with all the magic I've--!!

And just like that, they were back. Thorne was back to her old self, kneeling down in the middle of the rain. Her body was weak-- It was almost too much to try standing. All the energy she'd expended to prepare her attack had gone to waste, leaving her simply exhausted. She felt a drop of something roll down her cheek. Reaching up to wipe it, she saw red on her fingertips. She was hurt, but... At least it was over.

It was over.

"Well, kid, I'm impressed!" Chili said, poking her head out of Thorne's pocket, "impressed that you lived, that is-- You're about as weak as i expected from you. But you lived! That's a big win in my book. Maybe I might be able to make a worthy magical girl out of you yet."

Thorne didn't bother responding. Instead she looked to her comrades, who seemed to be rather tired, but nobody was particularly hurt as much as she was. Come to think of it, was she the only one to take a hit in there? She knew it was silly, but she couldn't help but bite her lip at the thought that she was already behind all these other magical girls.

And who was that, at the very end?

Thoughts were running through Thorne's head, but she put them aside to address her fellow comrades. Wiping the red from her cheek, she slowly pushed herself to her feet, wobbling upright.

"...I-I'm fine," Thorne said, lying through her teeth. "I'm just glad those kids are safe... This magical girl thing... You guys are pretty good at it. It's a good thing I met you all-- If I were in there alone, I don't think I would have been able to defeat them."

She looked at Kazuko. "You're really strong, Miss Kazuko... and Miss Karen, without your shield, we'd have been crushed. You both have my gratitude."
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

School Entrance

Leading his underclassmen through the school, Kyomou couldn't help but think about the Seer's present in the library. How long were they there? Could they tell that he had a seer of his own? The tutor knew that other chosen magical girls resided in the school, but to be confronted by two all while some activity was happening near the entrance all of sudden seemed more than a coincidence. Something was drawing them together, but Kyomou couldn't be sure just what. Either way, he knew that the peaceful days were coming to a close and that Slasher Fanta would be expecting to start testing the magical girls...

Main Gate

Speaking of the activity near the main gate, seeing the assortment of students scattered about gave Kyomou everything he needed to determine that what ever was calling for the Magical Girls had been taken care of. Not wishing to draw too much attention to himself, Kyomou quietly minded his own business...

"Mr. Kyomou, what's going on? Did we miss some sort of flash mob or something?"

"Eh? I don't think it's a flash mob. Who would dance in the rain anyways? This isn't some sappy Hollywood musical. It's better if you don't pay them any mind."

"Okay..."

Meanwhile, the hidden Seer spots Kyomou leave the school. "What's that idiot doing leaving early. If I rush over to his side, our cover will be blown and testing the other magical girls will become much harder..." The grumpy squirrel couldn't help but grumble.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
VGBM

Post by VGBM »

Main gate

Seeing the large number of students outside, Kuro reflexively pulled the strings on his hood and kept his head down. "Are there usually this many people out here after school?" he pondered out loud. It was becoming increasingly clear that he didn't spend a lot of time near this building after hours.

Looking off to the side, he noticed Howler in plain view, but away from the crowd, with a paw raised. It looked like he was trying to give a thumbs, probably to say things were okay here. Kuro gave a thumbs up back, trying not to show how disappointed he was that he missed his first fight. Still, as long as there were people nearby, he'd have to resume pretending that life was boring and normal and that he had nothing to be disappointed in. Now, the only thing he had to look forward to in life was ice cream.