RP: Final Warfare: Tides of War (Part 2 Sign-ups)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Re: RP: Final Warfare: Tides of War (Part 2 Sign-ups)

Post by Sleuth »

Saburo lay down on the stretcher, letting out a deep breath as the doctors surrounded him and brought him into the chopper. He let his mind swim a bit; the adrenaline rush had faded, and Sam wasn't going to bloody her own hands--

That's all that matters right now.

The next few moments were a blur. And IV was inserted into his arm, and masked doctors swarmed his bed.

"Isn't this... anarchist... Kirio..."

"...Been shot, chest, losing blood..."

"Save... have to?"

"...Went straight through. Apply the nano-tech healers."

"Mr. Kirio... We are sorry... but this is... only... for..."

"It'll... quite painful... experimental... but then again, you're not really... alright, I'm injecting..."

Something entered his system, something that hurt like crazy. Saburo let out a howl of pain, his body lurching upwards as if possessed-- Something was burning across his wound, a tearing, ripping sensation; his body being torn apart-- Die, am I going to die!?

The pain was unbearable-- He wrenched his body this way and that, writhing until he could writhe no more; his heart pounded like crazy, and sweat poured down his brow.

Poison? Did they poison me? Crazy American doctors trying to brainwash me! Kill! Get me a knife! Let me stab them what'shappeningwhereamIKaiyacanyouhearme Kaiya, Kaiya, Kaiyaaaaa...

"Sedate... hurry, before... reaches maximum... Just calm-- Mr. Ki-- We're-- Nano-Tech will only--

Another sharp jab, and everything slowed down. It was all quiet.

Saburo Kirio closed his eyes, and went to sleep.
Spoiler : :
...IDK either guys. Help.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

"Everything's going perfectly on our end." Gerard said, drinking from his cup of coffee. "If anyone tries to take the weapon, I'll be ready to defend it. If anything like that happens, let me know and I'll be there in a matter of minutes."
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Enzo smirked. "A few minutes should be more than enough, Monsieur Heifer. We have the British shore in our sights! And don't worry about an attack-- If anyone asks, I'm merely a Privateer on my way to visit your lovely country; have some tea and crumpets, dance with Queen, and all that."

He leaned forward, resting his chin atop his intertwined fingertips.

"I'd start reving up your tools if I were you. And, just for my sake, how long will it take for you to have these weapons completed?"
I think we might as well move the Russian raid to a return trip, to make more time for stuff to happen. Or they could attack the faxtory for EPIC FUTURISTIC INDUSTRY DUEL. Sound good?
DLA

Post by DLA »

"Hmm... Well, I've built some weapons pretty quickly in my time. I'd have to see it for myself to give an estimate." he said, taking another sip from his coffee.
Sounds good to me.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Enzo sighed. "Fair enough. We need these weapons to save lives. Do your best."

He took a moment to ponder the situation. Was this truly the only way to save his beloved Paris? Could he not instead be now dancing through the streets, leading his men into combat there? Were these weapons truly going to protect Paris and win the battle? Thinking about it, he himself had not been informed on what these weapons actually were.

I presumed they were guns of some sort, Enzo thought, but I wasn't given clearance to check. Perhaps I should have one of my men run a little "maintenance check" on it... After all, the military and I are not exactly on best of terms-- It'd be just like them to try and run one past me.

He clenched his teeth, the very real thought that the French government was up to something nasty now biting into his skin. It's one thing to just drive out the Italians; but knowing them, what if this does something far worse? A lot of time and development has gone into these... What if...

The Captain quickly turned his attention back to Gerard. "Monsieur Heifer. Would you mind if I took a small part in overseeing your work on these weapons?"
DLA

Post by DLA »

"Well, I don't know. I'd have to ask my commanding officer, but I'll be seeing her- them later today, so I could let her know then." he said. "If it were up to me, I'd be fine with it." he sipped his coffee.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Once Saburo was taken into one of the helicopters, a couple of paramedics approached Sam. The two helped Sam get up and lie down on the stretcher before they began to wheel her over to a second helicopter. She glanced back and was relieved to see they grabbed her bag, too.

As she was wheeled into the helicopter, Sam could feel her heartbeat pounding out of her chest and felt the sweat run down her forehead. She had never had any form of surgery growing up, or at least as far back as she could remember. An improvised bullet removal was not exactly what she had hoped for when she had to inevitably get an operation one day...

Once she was inside, the medics began getting to work, removing Sam's bloodied clothes (covering her chest and below with a blanket) and getting to work on her shoulder. One of the medics started asking her questions.

"Is the bullet still inside?"

"Yeah..."

"Alright, that makes things a little harder..." he noted the cringe of fear on Sam's face. "Ah, don't worry, you'll be just fine. You won't feel a thing. We'll be numbing your body and putting you into a deep sleep. We assure you, you'll be patched up and safe by the time you wake up." He smiled warmly to her, which eased her nerves a small bit.

Sam winced when she felt a needle go into her arm. It stung at first, but pretty soon, she couldn't feel a thing in her entire left arm. Even the bullet wound felt nonexistant. She didn't even notice them insert a second needle and put in the IV. All she knew was that she started to feel very sleepy. Before she even realized it, Sam was out like a light, and the medics began to do their work.
I suppose I'll wait for Gom to post and then we'll decide when it's suitable for Sam and Saburo (or at least Sam) to wake up.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Enzo nodded slowly. He wondered, briefly, what kind of people these men were; were they like him, motivated by a strong will to protect their people? Or were they war-hungry nationalists out to simply gain more profit? The war had already destroyed so much; but at the same time, there was so much to gain.

For the rats, at least, Enzo thought. He didn't see much a point in asking, yet sheer curiosity pushed forth his next question. "Monsieur Heifer. Forgive me if this is rather personal, but... What do you think of this war we're fighting?"
Gombarry
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, 日本語のはなしています。

Post by Gombarry »

The copters arrived not a moment too soon. Medics came rushing in putting Saburo on a stretcher and carried Sam over to taking out the bullet. The medics gave Luke a shock blanket, but he really wasn't in need of it. When you're an international super-spy, you tend to get used to these kind of things.

Luke went over and sat in on of the copter chairs and he began to reflect on the mission. One of the big mistakes was letting the Premier go free. Luke thought Even though he was in critical condition and doomed to die, we needed to pay more attention. Either Sam or I should've disarmed him. Another thing we need to work on is gun proficiency. Sam didn't seem to have good control over the gun... Perhaps, I should teach her..?

Just then a violent shout broke ukes train of thought. It was Saburo. They were injecting something into him, Luke didn't know what. One of the Medics caught his gaze.

"Oh, uh, don't worry about him." Said the medic unsure. "We're injecting some nanobot into his bloodstrea., It's experimental, but he should be able to live on."

"He'd better live." Said Luke looking away "He's important to the future of the American war effort. If he dies it'll be that much harder to get out of this one alive."

He looked towards Sam. Her sleeve was rolled up as the medics started to numb her up. She took a dirty hit from the Premier. He was surprised how long she was able to last. As far as he knew this was her first time out in the field. She wasn't groaning in pain or anything. She just kinda sat there as if it was a regular doctors appointment.

Guess you gotta admire that about her... Luke thought smirking. And with that turned his head and started looking off in the distance, still smirking. Maybe everything will turn out alright....
Holy Turnabout: Part 1 Coming Soon!
Creator of Minoru Akihiro and Jake Atari in Endless Time
Creator ofAntonio Fernandez Carriedo and plays Claudine Leferve in Final Warfare
Creator of Zorro in Redemption at Spirit Isle
Creator of Luke Andrews in Desertia
Creator of Xamen Yem in Infinite Odyssey
Shadowsleuth wrote:BE UNHAPPY DARN IT!
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Saburo Kirio woke up.

White light,doctors everywhere,where's Kaiya,what am I doing,where did my shirt go,I need a knife right now-- Oh.

The initial rush of thought died down in a flash; Saburo tried to move an arm to rub his temples, but found only more pain in doing so. His eyes slowly focused on a group of masked doctors, clad in their white coats and bald heads, standing at his bedsides.

"Bedside manner sure isn't what it used to be..." Saburo muttered slowly; or rather, attempted to mutter. His garbled mind caused him to spit out the sentence in a mix of six different languages, resulting in an incomprehensible garble. The doctor merely smirked behind his mask.

"Ah, good. You're still alive. The test was a success. Send it back to HQ, we can start testing on our wounded now."

One of the doctors nodded and shuffled off, a vial of some sort in his hand. Meanwhile, the Head Doctor turned back to Saburo.

"Now, Mr. Kirio, don't be alarmed. We've merely applied some experimental healing nano-tech to your wound. They're designed to accelerate the healing process by some days... With a few minor side effects. Overall, it was a success; mostly. You're still going to need intensive medical care, and you definitely can't be going around into a fight for a good... Oh, I'd say about a month. And that's with our medicine. Count yourself lucky, most men wouldn't have survived a shot like that at all. In fact, had the nanopaste not worked... Well, let's just say you wouldn't need to worry about your little insurrection anymore. Or anything, really."

The Head Doctor flashed Saburo a grin. "But don't worry! We're not going to cut you open or anything; no, Mr. Kirio, we have a very... interesting proposition for you. As you might have suspected, your insurrection in China has caused quite a bit of interest for the rest of the world. All eyes have been upon you for a while now; but that isn't news to you, I'm sure. You're probably wondering: 'what does good old Uncle Sam have in mind'? Well..."

The Head Doctor snapped his fingers, and a large, metal casket was rolled into the room. With a touch of bravado, the balding doctor grinned and thrust it open, revealing...

Saburo's eyes widened at the contents of the casket. The Head Doctor's smile widened.

"How would you like to be dead, Mr. Kirio?"
ooooh plot plot plot plot plot

Meanwhile I have no idea what I'm doing

ooooh look at the foreshadowing
DLA

Post by DLA »

Gerard looked into his coffee cup. He was running low. He'd have to brew another cup. "About the war? Well, I'm just doing this to protect my nation. If it was up to me, I'd be back at home tinkering." he replied.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Not much use in time-skipping or anyhting, I suppose. I'll have Sam wake up now.
Sam's eyes slowly opened. Her vision was hazy, and she couldn't remember what happened immediately. She slowly but surely recalled the scuffle with the premier and her wound as she slipped back into consciousness.

Her vision cleared as she awoke, and she remembered how she was brought into the helicopter for her quick operation. At least she thought it was quick. She had no idea what time it was or how long she was out. It could have been minutes or it could have been hours. She had no idea.

Sam noticed that the pain in her shoulder was completely gone. Well, she hoped it was. Her left arm was still completely numb, so she couldn't say for sure how sore it was. She certainly couldn't test it now, since her arm was completely limp with pain-killing drugs.

"Good, you're awake." The doctor nearby turned to her. "I'll have you know you've been all patched up and the bullet's been removed. Your recovery should go smoothly, as long as you don't put too much strain on that shoulder for a few hours. We cleaned up all the blood that was left over on your body, too."

Sam looked down to her shoulder. Like he said, the blood was all gone, and the well-stitched scar was the only evidence she was injured in the first place.

"Um," she said shyly, "may I please have a shirt?"

The doctor nodded and brought out a simple, teal T-shirt. He helped lift her limp arm and get the shirt on. When she was fully clothed, he smiled and turned back.

"Alright, well I'll leave you to yourself for a bit to go check on your friend. Just relax for now. We'll have you ready to leave soon enough." Before he left, he placed Sam's bag on a small table next to her, near her good arm. He left her alone moments later.

Now alone, Sam thought about all that was put on her shoulders. She was now in first aid alongside the most wanted man in the world, and she could easily lose her job quickly should the president discover what had happened. She didn't exactly know what Luke's job was or who hired him to do it, but she was sure Lloyd had no intention to keep Saburo alive. He approved of all the propaganda printed about the man, and was a fairly loyal ally to Japan's Prime Minister. She didn't know why Americans were assisting Saburo at all. None of it made sense to her.

Sighing, Sam reached to behind her and pulled the hairband that had kept her pony-tail in out of her hair. She didn't need to hide her hair anymore, anyway. Her long and wavy hair fell down her back. She wanted to put her bows back in, but unfortunately, she usually needed both hands to get the knots right. For now, this would suffice.

Reaching into her bag, Sam felt around for one of the manga volumes she kept inside. If she had to wait to get out of here, she might as well get some reading in. So Sam read in her bed, alone in a medical copter, waiting for Sam or Saburo or the doctor or anybody to come in and explain to her what exactly was going on.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

"Ha.... Ha... Fine. Fine. Kukukukuku... I guess you've got me."

However, Kageno lied. Inside his head the gears were turning creating his next "brilliant" move.

Kageno fiddled around in the tank until he found the emergency oxygen masks. They were kept just in case the tank was gassed by enemies or if an accident trapped the driver in the tank, but Kageno had other plans for them Strapping one too his face as a make shift gas mask, he laughed the laugh of a mad genius.

If you get off, I'll kill you. If you stay on, you'll die just as badly. Kukuku....Checkmate.

And with that Kageno fired a Carbon Monoxide gas bullet at the roof of the tank.

The poisonous, invisible, odorless, tasteless gas floated upwards and began to seep out of all of the cracks of the tank.

In seconds, you'll stop breathing and fall into a deep, eternal sleep. Kukuku... Sleep peacefully, dear b*st*rd.
Ami

Post by Ami »

Username: Ami. Can't you read? CAN'T YOU!? HUH!? I'LL BAN YOU! (jk)
Name: Ami Ueno
Allied Nation: Currently Japan (As a merc, she's usually to the highest bidder, currently working under a retied veteran who wants an active role in the war)
Appearance: Image
Backstory: Born into a family of mercenaries, American-born Ami was raised to know small-unit tactics and investigative techniques for infiltration, sabotage, and support missions. Used to working in small groups, she's been a gun-for-hire usually assigned to battles not on the front-lines, but still in heavy enemy territory. She's not known very much beyond her life in war, except the breaks she's taken for video games and mystery dramedies, which are somewhat more often than the average merc. This has, of course, led to her not being as well-off as many of her family members, who chastise her for her lack of ambition.
Weapons: Rarely carries them all at once (and most of those instances have been for intimidation), but has a personal arsenal of nicknamed weapons at wherever home happens to be. A silenced 9mm (Mr. Goodnight, stealth ops, side arm), a 10mm SMG (Tatters, crowd control), a 20g Shotgun (Edgar, close-rang crowd control), a 44 Magnum (The Butterfly, for close-to-mid range combat, also for when acting as psuedo-police), a 308 sniper rifle with suppression (Mrs. Goodnight, used for assassination, stealth ops, and long-range combat), serrated survival knife (Goodnight Jr., used for stealth ops, last resort, utility, and close combat), machete (Uncle Goodnight, used for close-range combat, utility), semi-automatic 556 rifle (Victoria, her first weapon, handed down from her grandpa. Used for close-to-long range combat, it's the most heavily modded of the weapons, with a scope, a magazine size illegal in all countries, removed and replaced parts to make it more efficient even if it's been underwater or dirty, and a wooden body carved with the initials of her current girlfriend).
Skills and Knowledge: Ami kills. She kills good. She has some leadership and investigative skills, but nothing rivaling a great politician or detective. More than anything, she is a great battle tactician, able to at least save herself when things look too tough- a trait admired by her colleagues, and often gets her called a coward by her family. Has been taught infiltration, but usually on a massive scale (like infiltrating the ranks of an army, infiltrating the staff of a mansion) and has trouble infiltrating any group with tighter restrictions.
OPTIONAL:
Personality: Very concerned with herself, as that's the only person she's been able to rely on her entire life. Wry and sarcastic, she tends to treat others around her as temporary at best, as that tends to be the case in her line of work. While very into the idea of relationships, she's not very good at them, tending to treat every relationship as temporary, every love as fleeting, and every woman as just a face in the crowd. She likes to brag about her anecdotal of stories involving love and battle, and sometimes the two overlap (bragging that her longest relationship is with colonel she later had to kill in battle). Very detached, as that's how she deals with having almost nothing lasting beyond her obsession for games and mysteries. Very loyal to people she likes, and almost as loyal to whoever she's paid by first. She lives by a very strict moral code that she tends to break at whim. However, she's not quick to betray her clients once a contract is taken (though if nothing's set in stone, her allegiances are somewhat more flux). She only breaks her contract if she's going to die otherwise, or if she finds something egregiously wrong with her direct employer (general war atrocities by governments don't disturb her as an employee unless directly employed by said government).
Theme: (Musical theme because why not)
Quotes: "What? I'm supposed to say something here? Uh... something cool should probably be said, shouldn't it? I dunno, I'm cleaning Victoria right now, and she gets fussy if I don't pay special attention to her."
Other: Not at the moment
since 2008!
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Accepted.

I'll try posting something plot-relevant this weekend or so when I have a plan for while Sleuth is offline. Not bothering right now because AP testing took out most of my energy.