[RP] Justice Riders: Planetary Defenders! ==INVASION==

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

lazyplague
Spoken languages: English

Re: [RP] Justice Riders: Planetary Defenders! ==INVASION==

Post by lazyplague »

Seiichi

"I completely understand," Seiichi said, "I have done many things for many conflicting reasons. And maybe you're right, maybe he needs a regular doctor. But I cannot alleviate my fears, knowing what this child has gone through, even just with me, and send him back willingly. I hope you can understand that."

Seiichi approached GiGi, "I realize that you have no interest in trusting me, and I have no interest in this point in time to work on building that up. But I don't want to fight you. I'll cut you a deal, if you would hear me out."
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Takeshi vs Sevaline 9:

Takeshi was taken off-guard by Sevaline's attack-- He hadn't been expecting her to strike instead of going for the sword. He'd underestimated her. Desperately, Takeshi started to swing his mace in retaliation-- But it was too late, and Sevaline's heel smashed him head-first into the road.

"NRRGH!" Takeshi's cry of pain was muffled as his helmet crashed into the ground, shattering what was left of his visor. His mace went flying out of his hand, hurling across the street, far out of his reach. It still glowed, full of unused energy that Takeshi had been hoping to fire at Sevaline.

Damn... I blew it...! That was my only shot! Takeshi gritted his teeth, tasting blood in his mouth as he struggled to keep his vision straight. His heart was pounding and fear burning in his mind, threatening to shut down rational thought.

It felt like before-- When he'd been helpless to stop Sevaline before. How Gigi was blasted to bits and then...

A surge of anger burst in Takeshi. Not really for Sevaline, but at himself-- For abandoning her. He hadn't known anything about her really, but... She was hurt so badly. She could have been destroyed for all he knew! Compared to what she went through... This was nothing.

"To feel the agony of despair, to see all signs point to failure, and to keep going anyways..." His father's voice echoed in his head. "That is true resolve, Takeshi. That is what made our ancestors great warriors. It runs in our family-- When you need it, Takeshi, you'll find your resolve."

Takeshi clenched his fists, his legs finding purchase on the ground again. He quickly pushed himself off the ground while Sevaline was still near, and quickly covered each arm with armored scales.

"This is for Gigi!" Takeshi cried, throwing as many punches as he could at the blurry vision of Sevaline. His fists were slowed by his armor, but were still strong enough to do some damage they landed.
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Diner

Astera's kick whiffed the air and she landed crouched on her feet. She spun around and took a defensive stance, ready to intercept an attack. Butt in the time it took her to recover, Django had already shifted his stance and changed style.

The way his feet were positioned.

His grip on the pole.

As Astera looked on, images flashed in her mind.

The fluttering coat hanging by the Kalcion's shoulders had turned in a cape.

His confident, mocking expression became a cold and calculating stare

Instead of an eyepatch, there was a battlecrown over his head.

And the stop sign in his hands had become a gleaming red battleax.

The way Django was fighting was a complete one-for-one recreation of the fighting style of Prince Malchior, the man who nearly killed her teammates and blasted Astera's hand clean off. She grit her teeth, clenching her robotic hand tight as the emotions coursed through her head. Fear, nervousness, shock... But most of all...

Anger.

She saw the attack coming, the word bolded letters of the word 'STOP' appearing at the very last momebtbut instead of doing the sensible thing and dodging the swing coming at her with the density of a boulder, Astera stood her ground.

"Rrgh.. S-Stop THIS!" She yells as she stomps forward, increasing the density of her body to the point where the force exerted by her foot cracked the very ground beneath her. She swung her metallic fist at the oncoming sign, matching the force behind it with ever ounce of her anger.

*CLANG*

A blast of air shot out from the center of the collision as Astera's fist met with the attack, blowing particles of dirt and dust away in all directions. Her ponytail fluttered wildly in the rush of wind, the look in her eyes held within it a fiery resolve. When the air died down, Astera was breathing heavily.

"D-Do me a favor..." She says, her chest rising and falling with each breath. Though her arm was shaking, her voice was steady and determined. "Fight me like this."
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

The Skies of Kyoto - Now Descending

"... My Zord is a very noticeable giant swan robot, essentially, but thankfully I am prepped for quickness if nothing else. So long as we don't spend too much time enacting this plan, we should be able to get you to safety, Prim." Charlotte responded, deliberately lowering the Swanzord's altitude. For the sake of being able to spot things better, she had been flying very high in the sky, but that was no longer needed. Now was the time to stay closer to the ground, hide behind buildings, and find a good location for Prim to join her.

For a brief moment, Charlotte thought about how the others were doing. She hesitated to send another call to Takeshi just on the chance that doing so would distract him during a key moment. And as strange as it was, she had to consider how Sevaline was doing as well. ... All she could remember was how Sevaline had loudly yelled at her while trying to stab her. Contrasted with Prim, Charlotte had gotten a clear picture of both the best and worst first impressions someone could get from an enemy.

"She'll be safe. I promise."

Those words were based on nothing other than Charlotte's sincere belief that the world was cruel enough to put people through undeserved and harrowing experiences, but kind enough to let up on it at times. As far as she was concerned, it was about time for everyone to get some kind of lucky break.

Charlotte moved the Swanzord's beak closer towards itself as she got closer to her destination. It looked a lot like the Zord had suddenly gained a sense of self and decided to be extremely guarded and unnoticeable. Of course, in Charlotte's mind, she was simply biding her energy so she could be loud and silly when the time called for it. For now, quietness was preferred. She pressed a few buttons, and suddenly her cockpit was exposed. This was necessary in order to make sure Prim could actually get inside, but it was still a moment of vulnerability that didn't do much to ease her nerves. They weren't that far away from a literal battlefield, after all. But... Well, now was the time for her unfounded optimism. Besides, she wasn't the type to give into her nerves.

"I'm there."
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Med Bay - Soul:

Without turning her head at all, Soul looked up toward the young man trying to attend her.

"Who?"

Mech Fight - Fuchsia:

BLAM!

Several of the Anemozord's cannons were left smoking after a deafening salvo. Ray smirked behind his helmet. "See now, what did I just say? We could've ended this real nice-like. I told you I wanted to blow something up. I told you I didn't want to kill any of you. But I will if I have to." He addressed the gaping holes that were now present within the Kalcion mechs, knowing there weren't soldiers inside to hear him. "Heh. I wanted to hit the frame, not the cockpit, but aiming with this thing isn't the most elegant thing, y'know? Now..." He pivoted the body of the Anemozord to get a better view of the remaining mooks. "Anyone else feel like not listening to my warning?"
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Seiichi

GiGi's glare was unrelenting, but unsure. She was certainly not trustworthy of Seiichi, and she was never truly going to be. Yet her glance wavering in brief flickers towards the injured Hayate seemed to cause at least some form of eternal conflict for her.

"...You can treat him, but only with my sword to your back," she finally said. "You're a sick, twisted bastard, but if nothing else, I know you're unpredictable. So I'll let you try to help Hayate, for his own sake. But the nanosecond you try to pull something tricky, you lose my mercy."

She held her sword out, as close as she could to Seiichi. A short spark of electricity jolted about her facial injury.

"You can call those my 'terms'."

----

Sevaline Battle

As Takeshi crashed to the ground, Sevaline returned her attention to her sword. It took a moment of struggle to dislodge it from the ground, but with enough pull, she managed to free it, and was armed again.

"Now, back to-HRNGH!"

Sevaline didn't have much time to relax before Takeshi was back to attacking her, this time with a desperate flurry of punches. Sevaline rose her sword horizontally, using it as a shield, blocking each hit as it came towards her. Her reflexes were impressive, as she was able to keep turning the sword to blocking each shot, but she was stuck in a loop of blocking. Takeshi's punches weren't too fast, but they hit harder than they looked like they might, just as his armor got stronger before. She had to step back in order to properly take the damage, and she didn't have the time to rev the engine for a decent slash.

"D-Dammit! I don't know who the hell that is, but they sound like a real ASSHOLE!"

Despite her big talk, Sevaline was still on the defensive. She didn't have a good counter strategy yet. She just kept blocking, hoping Takeshi would tire out enough for her to get a good shot back in.

----

Diner

As Django repositioned himself after Astera's counter, preparing for the next move, he listened to her request. His previous grin faded into a...pout? He lowered the pseudo-axe to the ground and leaned onto it.

"What? No. That's dumb." He pointed to her hand. "You can't just tell an opponent to, like, drop his weapon for no reason. Well, unless you're Gohra, I guess...Anyway, I have the advantage, so like, I have no good reason to do that?"

He started pointing to her arm. "And look, you're shaking - unconvincing argument for the fisticuffs challenge, little lady. And what's that choice of lines, anyway? 'Do me a favor'? I'm sorry, are you takin' advantage of my insecurities of my masculinity to challenge me to unarmed combat, or are you askin' me to pick up your groceries? Here, here. You gotta do it like this."

He lodged the sign into the street (a concerning show of strength, even for him) and rubbed off imaginary blood from his chin. "Heh heh...that all you got?" he said, in a fake, tough voice. "What a coward. Hiding behind gimmicks because you don't have the skills to take me on yourself. I bet you'd struggle in a real battle."

He crossed his arms and leaned against the sign. "Like, c'mon, that's banter 101, girl. What kind of showmanship are these people teaching you? Yeesh."

----

Kyoto Rooftops

As the Swanzord pulled up to the building, Prim looked back towards the troops. It seemed they had just noticed the suspicious activity over in the area, and were starting to maneuver their way over.

"Okay," Prim said to herself. "There's enough time to escape...easily...I just have to-"

She looked towards the gap she had to jump, accurately, to get to the Swanzord's cockpit. To an ordinary troop, it'd be child's play. To Prim, who had a weak body, little physical training, and generally zero coordination...it was an Olympic feat.

"....Oooookay...Okay okay okay...." She took a few quick, deep breaths as she immediately felt her legs shake and a panic attack coming on. She looked back towards the approaching troops again. She had zero time to waver.

"Please please please please pleeeeease...." Prim took a running start forward. "Please make it...!"

Prim leapt off the edge of the building, still invisible, and, just barely, landed in the cockpit. She snapped back to visibility as she crashed and stumbled on the floor of the Swanzord's cockpit.

"YEOW!" she yelped out. She took a moment to steady herself and get upright, before clinging dizzily to Charlotte's seat. "Oooooh gosh...I never ever want to do that again...Ow ow ow ow..." She rubbed her back in pain, but she did feel a certain adrenaline in her as she got upright. Her Hovercam followed her in shortly after.

"A-Alright, they're heading this way," she told Charlotte. "N-Now, uh...p-punch it! Or, whatever the term is...L-Let's leave, basically."

If nothing else, she seemed determined, in her own sort of way.

----

Mech Battle

As Kenshin struggled with one of the remaining mechs, he suddenly heard a loud BOOM nearby. Still pushing against the enemy, he turned the Zord's head to see what happened, scared for the worst. Yet what he saw was the Anemozord, and...the destroyed cockpits of multiple enemy mechs.

And now...it is your turn.

Something sent a shiver down Kenshin's spine at that moment. He looked back towards the Kalcion mech pushing back against him. The soldier's weaponry was weaker, but they were still trying their best in a fight they knew they would lose, even with their advantage of the missiles gone. He turned towards the sky, to see the Hovercams floating about, recording their movements. With the image of a giant hero turning to ash still fresh in his mind, Kenshin felt his grip tighten around the levers, and his teeth grit in anxiety.

"Dammit...I don't know if this was what he was aiming for...but he was damn good at it if it was..."

Kenshin pushed forth, and, with a burst of flame from his jet boosters, shoved back the enemy mech. With another push, the Phoenizord's beak lunged forth and struck at the arms of the mech. The legs of the Zord started tearing apart at the enemy's legs, in turn. This continued until all the mech's limbs were rendered unusable...but the cockpit was still intact. The Phoenizord dropped the remains of the robot to the ground, and turned to the next.

"RIDERS!" he announced to the other Zords in the area. "Change in strategy! Aim for arms and legs, frames if you need to! Do not aim for the cockpits! I repeat, do not aim for the cockpits!"

He sighed, off the radio. "Guess this is where we're at now, huh..."
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

Seiichi

"Well, I'll lead the way then. I'm sure Mom has some medical supplies stored up, and we'll need it," Seiichi said, turning back around and casually walking away, as if there was no sword at all. Or perhaps he just didn't really see it as a threat, because he wasn't planning to pull anything tricky. For once, Seiichi Kawaguchi had the purest of intentions. Or he didn't, it may have been selfish regardless.

Seiichi looked over his shoulder, "His skull is cracked open. I'm going to do my best, but this is under the assumption that your doctors are too busy to perform full surgeries right now, since such a thing would take a bit to prepare for." He said this, and then smiled innocently at GiGi, "But I was raised by a professional nurse, after all. I can at least keep him alive."
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Seiichi

"Don't act smug," GiGi replied bluntly. She kept up with his pace, sword pointed directly at Seiichi's neck, rarely leaving an inch of space for him.

"Just do whatever you need to to lessen immediate risk, so that he can be properly taken care of. I'll teleport him into medical care the moment after, and then it's just you and me." She lessened the gap by a few centimeters. "And don't think for a second that I'll let you try a full surgery on him. You've got a bad history with sharp objects.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

Seiichi

Seiichi slowed his pace down, "Smug? No. I couldn't be any less smug, if I'm going to be completely honest. My brother's bleeding in my arms, I'm just happy I got to him before he bled out. Before any severe brain damage occurred."

Seiichi sighed, "But regardless, our stop's coming up, so I'm sure we can talk this out before you stab me."

And just as he said, the Kawaguchi household came into sight. A tiny little house jammed between many other houses, you could almost miss it if you weren't paying attention. But Seiichi could never forget it, nor would he. It was an important place to him and Hayate, and the dread Seiichi felt upon seeing it could not be hidden. His breathing grew unsteady, and he felt like any second now, he would be consumed by that hatred for the world again.

It was true, Seiichi Kawaguchi was scared of his own parents.

"Hey, GiGi, are my parents here? Did they evacuate?"
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Near the Kyoto Rooftops

"Congratulations on doing that anyway. Excellently done, Prim." Charlotte said upon Prim safely(?) landing into the Zord, and then Charlotte performed a strange hand movement where it looked like she was bringing the hand closer to Prim, but then it instead went back to the Zord controls. The truth was that Charlotte was going to pat Prim on the head to emphasize the congratulations, but then decided that this might have come across as extremely patronizing. Besides, she wasn't sure how comfortable Prim would be with that regardless.

Instead, she settled for giving her a thumbs-up and a small smile. It was probably a bit much for what had actually happened, but Charlotte felt a sincere desire to give praise to Prim after everything that Prim had alluded to about her own background. ... She needed to be careful. It was fine to try to be caring, but there was a fine line between that and legitimately getting extremely uncomfortable by congratulating her over every little thing.

Charlotte closed the cockpit, no longer feeling as vulnerable as she had a second before. She was extremely tempted to go extremely fast and run far away from the patrols before they even had the chance to notice her, but she realized that kind of speed probably would have made Prim nauseous. "This Zord can go extremely fast. I prefer going as fast as possible, but I think I'll move slowly and pick up the pace over time so you can get used to it at a slightly reasonable rate. Besides, I have something I'd like to talk to you about."

Almost without thinking about it, Charlotte maneuvered the Zord to slowly move farther and farther away from the Kalcion troops. Despite her promise to take things at a 'slightly reasonable' rate, the Swanzord picked up speed very quickly. It was fairly evident that Charlotte's standards weren't exactly normal.

... Well. How was she supposed to approach this, then?

She wished it was as simple as telling Prim to go confess her love to Sevaline or whatever and win her over to their side with the power of love and gayness. ... She COULD do that, but somehow she imagined that it wouldn't exactly go very well. Technically speaking, she didn't actually know if Prim had realized that Charlotte knew all about the crush.

A different approach, then.

"This has been such a long week... It feels like it would be easier to list what hasn't changed. I meant that in general, but I also mean personally speaking, too. I remember... Last week, I had myself convinced that the most the Justice Riders would ever face was some minor mischief. I even engaged in that mischief myself since I wasn't really a proper Rider- oh, um. Long story, or a short one depending on how much detail I go into. But that's not my point. Prim, do you remember what you were doing just a week ago?"
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Diner

Astera gives Django a confused look as he goes on lecturing her on how to challenge her opponents. Whatever tension was between them had been broken by their exchange. Did she word it wrongly? She backed off from him and released the weight of her density powers. The moment she felt the effect of her powers dissipate, the her body stopped shaking, no longer burdened by the intense force of gravity she placed on herself in the heat of the moment.

"W-What? I d-didn't mean like that!" She looks down to her hands and shakes her head once. "I meant with the axe - I mean the sign, like the axe!" She sighs in frustration, holding her sword down to the ground like a cane. "I-I've seen it before... I fought against it... and..."

Her robotic hand tightens into a fist.

"The type of showmanship I learned? I-It was the kind to that'd give more than I'd bargain for, that's what!" She shouts, the clear image of her battle with the prince in her mind along with a number of choice words to associate with the man. "The kind that'd serve my own words right back at me on a platter."

She squeezes the hilt of her sword and bites her lip, half murmuring as she looks away from Django "B-But that was a cool taunt... I'll say that much..." Astera closes her eyes and sighs. Ever since she'd woken up she'd felt like she was possessed by a spirit seeking something she could not grant herself. But was that desire her own? She knew what she wanted, deep down, but would she ever be able to get it...?

She chuckles to herself. Taking up her sword and standing ready. She'd play ball.

"A real battle? A true fighter uses whatever they have at their disposal to fight! Weapons, gimmicks, tricks... All is fair! How we fight is only limited by our own preconceptions! If I have an advantage I can use, then why the hell would I refrain from using it?"

She smiles. "Heh, or is it because that sign got a little too heavy for you? So much for the man who trained the Prince and the King!"
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Takeshi vs Sevaline (10)

"She's-- The-- Robot-- You-- Smashed--!" Takeshi shouted between punches. Compared to what she'd been through, this was nothing.

Then it started to happen-- Just for a split second, the armor around him flickered out of existence. It returned back within an instant, but Takeshi realized what was happening immediately.

It was just like before-- His Morpher was glitching.

Don't panic! Takeshi told himself. Chances of victory are dropping rapidly. But I can't give up. I WON'T run away. I already resolved that even with no Morpher, I'd fight to the end, like Gigi would... But I have to do something, fast!

His mace-- It was a bit away, but if he could reclaim it, by now it had enough stored energy to deal a powerful blow to Sevaline. If he could just reach it...

A second flicker in between his punches rose his urgency. Takeshi steeled himself, and threw his next punch.

As Sevaline's sword rose to parry it, Takeshi's armored fist opened up and grabbed hold of it, putting all of his might into stopping the blade-- Then, Takeshi de-armored his other arm, lightening it significantly, and threw a weaker, but much faster punch at Sevaline's head.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Takeshi (and Raphael) vs. Selavine (10.5)

Raphael sighed. "Miss Swan" had a plan? He'd believe it when he saw it, but even then, he probably would be in complete disbelief at whatever the plan was. Fortunately for his preconceptions, he made no attempt to press on that point. The fact that this Rider didn't recognize him suggested he was a very new Rider. Is Kenshin training these people at all...? Well, maybe not with the invasion. He'd need more information to get anywhere with that. Right now, the important thing was to not let Selavine kill this guy. Easier said than done.

"Will do. I can't exactly read minds, so tell me what you need. I'll do my best in the meantime," he remarked with calm intensity.

Raphael knew how this stage of the fight went by now. Watch the fight, anticipate their next moves, and adjust what he was empowering accordingly. Raphael may not be able to read minds, but he was at least able to read movements. Still, Raphael hadn't seem Selavine in combat enough to get a good feel for her. He was aware that she had been brought in for interrogation (to say nothing of the quality of the interrogator), and then there was the trail of destruction with MiRa... But not direct combat. So he was as surprised as the new guy when she went for the kick rather than the sword.

Brutal... Should have seen that coming. And this was in-line for their throne? Abhorrent. Raphael, of course, had no eye for dance. Partner events won't exactly "his thing".

Then came the crunch of Dino-Rider's helmet into the road. Definitely brutal. Still, his ability to get up and strike again after that. Not bad. There was fire in this new guy. Maybe not so much skill, but with some training and care to make sure he wouldn't go down the same crazy path of Vespine, Liam, et al., he might be worth something. With a hint of enthusiasm, Raphael amplified the kid's punches and continued watching the scene.

GiGi... Still weird to think of her as a Rider, but what does she have to do with anything? It then occurred to Raphael that given how little time she had been a Rider for, the Dino-Rider must be thinking of another GiGi. Probably somebody who got injured during that trail of destruction earlier. Those thoughts aside, Raphael could see Selavine hadn't made a move yet. If he could help this guy keep up the offensive pressure until she let her guard slip...

It was at that moment that two unexpected things happened. First, the new guy said GiGi was "the robot" Selavine "smashed." Raphael paused for a moment. Could he actually mean GiGi? This Rider was definitely worth talking to once he was no longer in imminent danger of being cut in two. The other thing was the armor flickering. Raphael winced. He had no idea what that was about, but things could get bad fast if his Rider suit just failed. And that was not a thing he could boost.

So time to end this, quick. Raphael noticed with a nod of approval that this kid had the same idea. Raphael put all of his energy into enhancing the speed of the strike, hoping to get in a blow before Selavine realized that this whatever-it-was causing his armor to fizzle out could be used for her advantage.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

JR HQ Medical Bay:

Well. That certainly wasn't Ami. On closer inspection, the girl was younger, and her hair was a different type of magenta. Were they related? Probably not if she didn't know who that was.

Liam broke into an awkward laugh. "My mistake! I mistook you for someone else... Sorry, I'm Liam, ex-Rider, now just... a volunteer."

He wasn't sure how much this girl knew about him-- How much any of the other Riders had been told about his time as the White Rider. He'd never been the best at socializing-- Probably to his detriment. Perhaps, if he'd bothered to get to know the others better, things would have been different... What had become of those Riders he'd met what felt like a lifetime ago, he might never know...

"Ah... How are you holding up?" Liam asked, "What's your name?"
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Seiichi

GiGi looked harrowingly at the outside of the household, remembering things from just a few days ago that already made her feel unpleasant. She kept her blade to Seiichi, though it wavered a smidge.

"I'm not fully sure," she said, "but I think so. Whether they've fully made it out by now or not, I'm fairly sure they're safe right now."

She caught herself slipping a bit, and reaffirmed her grip on the blade.

"It's a shame you won't have another attempt to try to kill them," she spat with venom in her voice. "Now just, hurry up."

----

Swanzord

Prim nodded as Charlotte explained her speed plans. "A-Ah, thank you. That's very helpful." She awkwardly clung to the back of Charlotte's seat, unsure how else to prepare for the ride.

She listened as Charlotte went on her anecdote. Upon the question, she let out a sad chuckle.

"A week ago...That feels forever ago, already. I, uh...I think I was training, still. To be a spy. Obviously I hadn't trained enough, since I got caught on my first mission..." She chuckled again, but there was a nervous, almost frightened, shake to her grip on the chair. "And I...I was still in Father's experimentation seat. Getting poked with needles as he finalized some of his serums for the battles..."

She let go of the chair with one hand, and used it to lightly grip one of the armbands strapped onto her upper arm.

"I don't think I've ever seen him as happy as he was then...so gleefully preparing to put his work to use, and seeing that my body finally wasn't having any...unpleasant physical reactions, like before. He was very excited to have it all working properly."

She took a deep breath.

"B-But hey, this week's opened my eyes a lot! And I think it's the longest I can recall without ever having to go through any experiments like that, too. S-So I guess it's not all bad, on a selfish level, at least..."

----

Diner

Django tapped his chin. "Aw, I misheard you? Damn, I'm getting old. I'm like....70 or something now? Yeesh, my brain's all scrambled." He leaned in with a mocking grin. "Don't you feel bad now? You're trying to beat up an old man. Shame, shame, girl! Shame, shame!"

With that, Django made an uncharacteristically quick dash forward, unlodging the stop sign from the ground through the force of his dash. With a speed akin to teleportation, Django suddenly appeared in front of Astera, and made a large, underhand crescent swing with the stop sign, aiming for her arm without the robotic hand.

----

Sevaline

Sevaline was growing visibly more frustrated as she blocked Takeshi's attacks, black smoke slowly starting to rise from her wounds again. Yet she saw the flicker in Takeshi's armor. And her frustrated grimace became a delighted grin.

His powers are on the fritz...! If I can figure out a rhythm to his outages, it'll just take a quick duck and weave to get out of the loop and hit him! Piece of cake...!

She continued to parry with confidence. Once there was a second flicker, her eyes lit up.

I've got it! In just another couple seconds, I'll have my opening...!

As she predicted another incoming flicker, Sevaline began to adjust her stance to hit the timing. However, she was shocked to find Takeshi grabbing Ripjaw mk.II with his armored hand, reeling back the other for a punch. However, as surprised as she was, she felt more confident than ever.

Idiot! He thinks he's fast enough to hit me now?! I'm the Head General of the strongest armada in the galaxy, dammit! I can do this...I CAN DO THI!

She started to reach for the ripcord on the blade.

I can narrowly dodge the punch at his speed, and start the engine to rip the hand on the blade apart! I'VE GOT YOU! YOU'RE NOT GOING TO-

As her finger brushed the end of the ripcord, Takeshi's fist smashed into her face, at a much faster rate than anticipated.

"W-Wha-?!" Sevaline spat out, blood flying from her mouth. She fell back from the unexpected force of the punch. She lost her footing and her focus.

As she fell to the ground, her hand released its grip from the sword.