~UDRRP: Forlorn Field Trip~ {OOC} MURDER APPS UPDATE

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Re: ~UDRRP: Forlorn Field Trip~ {OOC}

Post by Sleuth »

I'm posting here to redact my previous statement. Should UDR return to activity, I will take up Daisuke again. However, as I have not been in the game, and left rather abruptly, I would appreciate any help I could get in catching up with posts made after I left, which was about June 27th.
Ami

Post by Ami »

GuardianDreamer wrote:Ami, did something happen to cause a delay with the event post? No rush, but I'd like to know.

Remember that brilliant advice spd had about not losing posts by putting them in documents? Side advice I learned: learn to name documents well. >_>

SS Sleuth wrote:I'm posting here to redact my previous statement. Should UDR return to activity, I will take up Daisuke again. However, as I have not been in the game, and left rather abruptly, I would appreciate any help I could get in catching up with posts made after I left, which was about June 27th.

Welcome back~
since 2008!
Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Mono »

So are we gonna go through with re-enacting the play? If so, when?
Ami

Post by Ami »

Well, there's a bit of stuff that's up in the air.

Firstly, I do want to have maybe a few days of air between the end of the motive event and the murder apps becoming open. For the motive event to end, I would like to see at least one post from Got, and one post from either Blackrune or Itashi.

Secondly, there are two ways we can handle the play. I will pose this as a choice to the entirety of the player base if someone wants to use the play for their murder app, using the play to help divert attention and for hiding clues in their murder app, then the play's enacting will be something entirely done by me as I build up to the disappearance of a player's character (wherein the body may be discovered) and/or the discovery of the body itself.

If it isn't, then it can easily be done as another event before the murder happens.

Thoughts?
since 2008!
Court-Records

Post by Court-Records »

sure
ZetaAzuel

Post by ZetaAzuel »

Not to be devils advocate or anything but it has been 2 weeks since we've been waiting on rune or Itashi to post. I'm afraid that interest will die down if we don't get things moving along, or at the very least let people leave library. If either of them do get back to posting again, it's not like they can miss getting in a reaction, what they miss is getting a reaction in front of others, or responding in public to what others have responded to. Now people can still try and show their responses with small interactions and the such, so I think that it might be in the best interest of the RP to maybe at least open the library so people can move along?
Hersh is officially the best for making this awesome Rogan and Parseline Sig!
~Ask Rogan and Djin~
Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Rogan Esquin & Djin

TEAM LINK

Storage:
Eclipse the Lunatone
Abdowing the Woobat
Lasir the Zangoose
Voodoo the Wobbufett Lv. 14
Getter-2 the Porygon 2
ImageImage

Zeta x Dio
~~Proud Son of Dypo deLina and Evolina deLuna~~
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

i'm running out of things for daisuke to complain about
...just kidding but why aren't we moving, again? I think there was a reason but I don't recall.
Ami

Post by Ami »

Ami wrote:
Firstly, I do want to have maybe a few days of air between the end of the motive event and the murder apps becoming open. For the motive event to end, I would like to see at least one post from Got, and one post from either Blackrune or Itashi.
Mostly the italicized text. I'm waiting for Blackrune or Itashi. I might just go ahead, but I don't want to leave behind two people that were somewhat active.

But you're right, Zeta. I guess I should move things along. I'll do so after my appointment today.
since 2008!
Ami

Post by Ami »

Murder apps are now open.

This post will be updated with relevant information, unless a new informational post is made. I'll make a new informational post every page and a half or so.

Characters currently on the "Murder Me First" list:
- Ariel Espinosa, SHSL Gunsmith (Gumpei)
- Raymond Sapphire, SHSL Pyrotechnician (Wackyman)
- Higami Omocidia (spd12)

Notes to Prospective Killers on My Character's Behaviors in Chapter 2:
Remember to post these, as it helps killers keep you in-character as they include your characters in their app!
since 2008!
spd12

Post by spd12 »

OK, let's get this ball rollin' again.
Spoiler : Higami Omocida, Chapter 2 Killers' Guide (WANNABE KILLERS ONLY) :
First of all, I'm going to ask that you take me out instead of one of the two idlers. There is a very good, narratively rewarding reason for this. DIStrust me here (ha ha)! I would very much appreciate it if you would give me the consideration - you will get much more reaction out of killing Higami compared to the other two, and possibly even more sympathy out of it as well.

Anyway, Higami is crazy. He's paranoid as all get out but also has some very strange habits that may see him just about anywhere at any hour.

He will be strangely cooperative if you actually speak about wanting to kill him - especially if it seems like it's something many people will have a hand in. He is crazy. (Remember, he was willing to help Heath kill someone.)

If you want him to be an accomplice again (although I would prefer to be a victim), there are certain people he will not help kill - or rather, he'll probably pull the rug under you and get someone else offered in their place, which is exactly what happened with Harmon. If you decide to do this, we'll discuss it in further detail. I don't want to spoil it here, even to you, the dedicated people who tire over making a fun mystery at great sacrifice. At least, not openly.

Trust is a thing with him. He doesn't care in the end if everyone trusts in the wrong answer or all gangs up on the real killer, so long as they come to a trusting consensus. (He is insane.)

Hit me up via PM if you need further details to work with, for any reason. I am happy to help. (Full disclaimer, I have had a small hand in helping at least two people, but the people in question are already aware of this.)
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Re: ~UDRRP: Forlorn Field Trip~ {OOC} MURDER APPS OPEN

Post by GuardianDreamer »

I posted this earlier, but now that this is official, I guess I should post it again. Here you go.
Spoiler : Kyouji Kamishiro - Chapter 2 Information - For Potential Killers Only! :
Kyouji is... As you can tell, very scatterbrained. He is also very gullible. You can basically trick him into going anywhere or doing anything. It's very easy to trick him. Even after the events of the first chapter, he's still rather gullible.

Despite how goofy and silly Kyouji might seem, his skills as a treasure hunter ARE legitimate. He's used to searching in the dark, and he can find stuff fairly quickly. On the OTHER hand, he's still kind of scatterbrained. So basically, if your plan requires Kyouji to find something, you have a lot of leeway about how long it takes for him to find it, because it's in-character for him to find something very quickly (due to his speed and energy and experience), but also in-character to get distracted and waste a lot of time.

As shown in the past, Kyouji DOES have a serious side. If he finds the corpse (or what looks like a corpse) he WILL switch to his serious self and become much more competent at everything. Keep that in mind if you need him to find the corpse.

I was originally going to have Kyouji leave his door wide open during the first chapter, though SPD's murder kind of changed that. Anyway, he'll be leaving his door locked from now on. However, it is quite possible for him to suddenly just wander around in the middle of the night. It's easy to justify in-character as him looking for treasure or something. And once again, if he is in his room, it isn't too hard to get him to leave.

Kyouji genuinely is quite powerful (even without his whip, which is his weapon of choice). He only has his scabbard as any kind of weapon, but he DOES know how to use it, and he's extremely fast. Engaging Kyouji in a direct fight is a poor idea. If you need to knock him out, it's a much smarter idea to use stealth (Like in the first crime). If your crime requires Kyouji to endure a lot of pain (like he did in the first one) then that's possible for him to do. Just remember that he isn't invincible or anything. Just very durable if required.

Despite what I said above, you CAN directly assault Kyouji while he's looking at you and get away with it as long as you make sure that he's knocked out in one hit (or at least very quickly). While most people would remember someone assaulting them like that, Kyouji has had experiences in the past that makes it so he's likely to completely forget a sudden assault like that, even if he doesn't want to forget it. He would remember that he was assaulted, but he'd have no clue who did it.

If it's relevant for any reason, Kyouji has a lot of parchment in his room. If you need that somehow.

Kyouji is naive and basically trusts literally everyone.

In case this is relevant for any reason... Kyouji's handwriting is extremely neat. Also, even though he's easy to trick, he WILL recognize handwriting that he's seen before, so trying to trick him by pretending to be someone else won't work if that's the case. (On the other hand, currently Kyouji only knows his own handwriting, Heath's, and Higami's, so... Yeah, you can still trick him easily.)

You can basically justify Kyouji wandering into any room if you need it, just because he likes looking around so much. However, Kyouji will never go into anyone's private bedroom (except his own of course), and he won't go to the female restrooms either. The only exception is if someone set up a meeting, or if it's obvious that someone is in danger (Or if it seems that way).

As a Treasure Hunter, Kyouji has better odds than the average person of seeing evidence or noticing things that people missed. He is also quite athletic and can reach for evidence in hard-to-reach places. However, Kyouji's skills at actually interpreting evidence leave much to be desired.

In general, Kyouji does his chores early in the morning, when everyone else is already awake. The first thing he usually does on a regular day is take a shower and switch to another copy of his outfit.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Re: ~UDRRP: Forlorn Field Trip~ {OOC} MURDER APPS OPEN

Post by Blackrune »

Spoiler : Mikoko Killer Files take two :
-Mikoko is pretty naive and would probably help out even with some unusual requests that aren't obviously murders.
-Seeing the slightest sight of blood or death during the day would probably make her faint. (she can handle cheap scares though)
-However, she will keep no secret at the trial even if you ask her to keep quiet about something. (unless it REALLY doesn't seem important)
-There are pillows in the coffin she's carrying. Somebody her size could fit in. Of course, she will notice if it's suddenly heavier than usual.
-Mikoko has a small donation box with a lock and a key. (it's connected to the random chains, if you can see it.) Uh, just noting that, could be useful?
-The reason Mikoko has a blindfold is actually because her eyes are sensitive to light. If taken off, she would be blinded. (...ironically) Unless the lights are out. She can probably see better than a normal person in the dark.
-Her hearing's also pretty good.
-Mikoko wanders around the corridors at night (without her coffin, and her blindfold set to creepy eyes mode). However, she'll be much more careful due to the previous murder. It's quite likely she'll try to hide somewhere or run away if she hears someone approaching. She's curious enough to stick around and spy if somebody is doing anything suspicous, but very likely to run if there's even the slightest chance of her being spotted. (you may consider her behaviour to be pretty cat-like)
-During the night, blood or corpses won't make her faint. Depending on the situation, she might either investigate further or run for it. Depends on how dangerous it seems.
-She's stronger than she looks due to always carrying that coffin around, but she's still just a 14-year-old at the end of the day, so everyone else is probably stronger. Still, she's pretty agile, so it wouldn't be that easy to catch her or get a clear hit on her.
Ami

Re: ~UDRRP: Forlorn Field Trip~ {OOC} MURDER APPS UPDATE

Post by Ami »

Since I've been asked, here's a(nother, as I coulda swore I did so before?) template for all prospective murderers.
Spoiler : Killer Application Template :
Keep in mind that this isn't exact, but just a general thing. Feel free to include more details if you wish: it's encouraged. At times this may call for redundant information: please do not ignore that, as redundant information helps referencing what goes where for us. While not necessary, formatting things in a more legible manner (like emboldening the name of evidence, italicizing player notes). Points are always given for creativity, but a serviceable mystery is always preferred over a clever one.

- Player/Character Name
- Accomplice Player/Character Name (if applicable)
- Character reasons for committing the crime. (Player reasons as well, if applicable. Please remember that a mod is reading this, so don't be mean.)
- Timeline of events from the beginning of planning to the execution, and all cover-ups (if applicable). Please end the timeline either just before the discovery of the body (like people coming to find Kyouji unconscious) or the actual discovery of the body. This will tell us how much to bunny to get everyone to their starting places.
- All evidence used. Please describe the location of each object, how the evidence fits in to the timeline, how it reveals any cover-ups, etc. If an evidence needs a certain amount of strength or a specific talent to discover it (note: please don't require talents of dead students or students I'll have to bunny this chapter, like Ariel).
- All testimony used. Which player/character the testimony is for, and its relevance. Characters may have multiple testimonies. If an NPC has a testimony, that is also acceptable: but remember they only have access to their expertise, as they cannot witness any crime firsthand (or else the mystery sorta falls apart), nor can they actually get inside the building.
- The starting place of each character.
- How the accomplice specifically relates to events, and their purpose in joining the murderer (intentionally or not).

And an updated list...

Murder apps are now open.
First batch will be officially judged on the 28th, as Smash Bros WiiU will be a definite distraction to at least a good portion of the player base and its lead GM (read: me).

This post will be updated with relevant information, unless a new informational post is made. I'll make a new informational post every page and a half or so.

Characters currently on the "Murder Me First" list:
- Ariel Espinosa, SHSL Gunsmith (Gumpei)
- Raymond Sapphire, SHSL Pyrotechnician (Wackyman)
- Higami Omocidia (spd12)

Notes to Prospective Killers on My Character's Behaviors in Chapter 2:
Remember to post these, as it helps killers keep you in-character as they include your characters in their app!

Higami/spd12

Spoiler : Higami Omocida, Chapter 2 Killers' Guide (WANNABE KILLERS ONLY) :
First of all, I'm going to ask that you take me out instead of one of the two idlers. There is a very good, narratively rewarding reason for this. DIStrust me here (ha ha)! I would very much appreciate it if you would give me the consideration - you will get much more reaction out of killing Higami compared to the other two, and possibly even more sympathy out of it as well.

Anyway, Higami is crazy. He's paranoid as all get out but also has some very strange habits that may see him just about anywhere at any hour.

He will be strangely cooperative if you actually speak about wanting to kill him - especially if it seems like it's something many people will have a hand in. He is crazy. (Remember, he was willing to help Heath kill someone.)

If you want him to be an accomplice again (although I would prefer to be a victim), there are certain people he will not help kill - or rather, he'll probably pull the rug under you and get someone else offered in their place, which is exactly what happened with Harmon. If you decide to do this, we'll discuss it in further detail. I don't want to spoil it here, even to you, the dedicated people who tire over making a fun mystery at great sacrifice. At least, not openly.

Trust is a thing with him. He doesn't care in the end if everyone trusts in the wrong answer or all gangs up on the real killer, so long as they come to a trusting consensus. (He is insane.)

Hit me up via PM if you need further details to work with, for any reason. I am happy to help. (Full disclaimer, I have had a small hand in helping at least two people, but the people in question are already aware of this.)
Kyouji/GuardianDreamer
Spoiler : Kyouji Kamishiro - Chapter 2 Information - For Potential Killers Only! :
Kyouji is... As you can tell, very scatterbrained. He is also very gullible. You can basically trick him into going anywhere or doing anything. It's very easy to trick him. Even after the events of the first chapter, he's still rather gullible.

Despite how goofy and silly Kyouji might seem, his skills as a treasure hunter ARE legitimate. He's used to searching in the dark, and he can find stuff fairly quickly. On the OTHER hand, he's still kind of scatterbrained. So basically, if your plan requires Kyouji to find something, you have a lot of leeway about how long it takes for him to find it, because it's in-character for him to find something very quickly (due to his speed and energy and experience), but also in-character to get distracted and waste a lot of time.

As shown in the past, Kyouji DOES have a serious side. If he finds the corpse (or what looks like a corpse) he WILL switch to his serious self and become much more competent at everything. Keep that in mind if you need him to find the corpse.

I was originally going to have Kyouji leave his door wide open during the first chapter, though SPD's murder kind of changed that. Anyway, he'll be leaving his door locked from now on. However, it is quite possible for him to suddenly just wander around in the middle of the night. It's easy to justify in-character as him looking for treasure or something. And once again, if he is in his room, it isn't too hard to get him to leave.

Kyouji genuinely is quite powerful (even without his whip, which is his weapon of choice). He only has his scabbard as any kind of weapon, but he DOES know how to use it, and he's extremely fast. Engaging Kyouji in a direct fight is a poor idea. If you need to knock him out, it's a much smarter idea to use stealth (Like in the first crime). If your crime requires Kyouji to endure a lot of pain (like he did in the first one) then that's possible for him to do. Just remember that he isn't invincible or anything. Just very durable if required.

Despite what I said above, you CAN directly assault Kyouji while he's looking at you and get away with it as long as you make sure that he's knocked out in one hit (or at least very quickly). While most people would remember someone assaulting them like that, Kyouji has had experiences in the past that makes it so he's likely to completely forget a sudden assault like that, even if he doesn't want to forget it. He would remember that he was assaulted, but he'd have no clue who did it.

If it's relevant for any reason, Kyouji has a lot of parchment in his room. If you need that somehow.

Kyouji is naive and basically trusts literally everyone.

In case this is relevant for any reason... Kyouji's handwriting is extremely neat. Also, even though he's easy to trick, he WILL recognize handwriting that he's seen before, so trying to trick him by pretending to be someone else won't work if that's the case. (On the other hand, currently Kyouji only knows his own handwriting, Heath's, and Higami's, so... Yeah, you can still trick him easily.)

You can basically justify Kyouji wandering into any room if you need it, just because he likes looking around so much. However, Kyouji will never go into anyone's private bedroom (except his own of course), and he won't go to the female restrooms either. The only exception is if someone set up a meeting, or if it's obvious that someone is in danger (Or if it seems that way).

As a Treasure Hunter, Kyouji has better odds than the average person of seeing evidence or noticing things that people missed. He is also quite athletic and can reach for evidence in hard-to-reach places. However, Kyouji's skills at actually interpreting evidence leave much to be desired.

In general, Kyouji does his chores early in the morning, when everyone else is already awake. The first thing he usually does on a regular day is take a shower and switch to another copy of his outfit.
Mikoko/Blackrune
Spoiler : Mikoko Killer Files take two :
-Mikoko is pretty naive and would probably help out even with some unusual requests that aren't obviously murders.
-Seeing the slightest sight of blood or death during the day would probably make her faint. (she can handle cheap scares though)
-However, she will keep no secret at the trial even if you ask her to keep quiet about something. (unless it REALLY doesn't seem important)
-There are pillows in the coffin she's carrying. Somebody her size could fit in. Of course, she will notice if it's suddenly heavier than usual.
-Mikoko has a small donation box with a lock and a key. (it's connected to the random chains, if you can see it.) Uh, just noting that, could be useful?
-The reason Mikoko has a blindfold is actually because her eyes are sensitive to light. If taken off, she would be blinded. (...ironically) Unless the lights are out. She can probably see better than a normal person in the dark.
-Her hearing's also pretty good.
-Mikoko wanders around the corridors at night (without her coffin, and her blindfold set to creepy eyes mode). However, she'll be much more careful due to the previous murder. It's quite likely she'll try to hide somewhere or run away if she hears someone approaching. She's curious enough to stick around and spy if somebody is doing anything suspicous, but very likely to run if there's even the slightest chance of her being spotted. (you may consider her behaviour to be pretty cat-like)
-During the night, blood or corpses won't make her faint. Depending on the situation, she might either investigate further or run for it. Depends on how dangerous it seems.
-She's stronger than she looks due to always carrying that coffin around, but she's still just a 14-year-old at the end of the day, so everyone else is probably stronger. Still, she's pretty agile, so it wouldn't be that easy to catch her or get a clear hit on her.
since 2008!
Ami

Post by Ami »

First batch is being considered. Deliberations will take a day or two, so please bear with us.
since 2008!
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

When the RP is over and done with, will you tell us how many murder applications you received during each phase? I'm kind of curious.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.