Final Fantasy: The Topic

Discuss video games from Pong to Call of Duty, including Ace Attorney games.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Jim Raynor
Spoken languages: I know, you know...
Location: From Mar Sara, taking care of the Zerg infestation.

Re: Final Fantasy: The Topic

Post by Jim Raynor »

Lol, Mimi.

Lol, it seems like it'll be more action RPG, if I'm correct.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ7NVjZ-Eyg

Golden Sun 4 coming out on the Switch with Golden Sun remakes of the first two games?
Was previously Ryuusai09.
Credit to Gumpei.

Grant Kirkhope is one of my favorite video game composer.
My favorite video game companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, former Rare, and former 3DO Company before it shut down.
Spoiler : Favorite characters in video games :
Starcraft: Jim Raynor, Fenix, Tassadar, Zeratul, Artanis, Alexi Stukov
Army Men: Sarge Hawk, Riff
Warcraft: Grommash (Grom) Hellscream, Thrall
Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright, Miles Edgeworth (And a GK2 character which I shall not add here.)
SRT/SRW: Sanger Zonvolt, Kyosuke Nanbu, Elzam V. Branstein
Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

Post by Gav »

Final Fantasy Dimensions.

Discuss.
Spoiler : Ch. 2 :
Currently, I'm on the dragoon chapter. This game is so challenging and awesome at the same time which makes it tied with FF5 for best FF game I've played. I'm counting 4 Heroes of Light, Echoes of Time, Crystal Chronicles, FF4, and FF1-2 - actually, tied with FF1, my mistake.
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
Hikari
Spoken languages: English, a few words in Japanese.

Post by Hikari »

Holhol wrote:So I was so fricken excited because just a bit ago I realized, "WAIT! They were going to announce that new Lightning Saga title yesterday!" But this isn't what I wanted.

Lightning Returns - Final Fantasy XIII will be released next year. It will feature Lightning as the sole playable character, and judging by what I read, none of the other characters are returning. I love Lightning, but I'm immediately turned off by this idea. I don't want this. I want a Final Fantasy XIII-3 that puts a fitting end to everyone's story. Not just Lightning's.
My goodness, Square really likes to continue 13's story.
T u r n a b o u t i n T i m e G a t e
*coming soon*
(AA and Lost Saga crossover / w TF2 cameos)
Holhol
Spoken languages: English

Post by Holhol »

Hikari wrote:
Holhol wrote:So I was so fricken excited because just a bit ago I realized, "WAIT! They were going to announce that new Lightning Saga title yesterday!" But this isn't what I wanted.

Lightning Returns - Final Fantasy XIII will be released next year. It will feature Lightning as the sole playable character, and judging by what I read, none of the other characters are returning. I love Lightning, but I'm immediately turned off by this idea. I don't want this. I want a Final Fantasy XIII-3 that puts a fitting end to everyone's story. Not just Lightning's.
My goodness, Square really likes to continue 13's story.
No, I'm happy for that. FFXIII is only the best game ever.

I don't want this. I don't think I'll like it...
~Danielinhoni is the bestest friend anybody could ask for~

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

TKinhonipei is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Liquid Snake wrote:Snake, did you like my sunglasses?
Mimi
Spoken languages: English: the only language I can brag about

Post by Mimi »

You know, I think I'm really onto something with my "experiment theory". People have criticized FFXIII and its sequels for having flaws and flaws that came after the previous flaws were fixed. But they were probably just trying out ideas they had... As a result, that means they have a lot to work with this next sequel.

It was sort of expected though, if you ask me. FFXIII had a LOT OF CONTENT. I've never seen a FF game with as much content as FFXIII. No wonder they can make three games.

On an off-topic note, I think this experiment theory works for Capcom's RE series too.
Hodou Okappa

Post by Hodou Okappa »

So as everyone on the Skype already knows and wishes they didnt, i've been replaying FF7 lately, reaffirming my love for the game while raising some old complaints again...

First of all, this game still has one of the WORST translations in the series, barring the NES entries of course. The dialogue is stilted at best and downright illogical at worst, even to the point when it occasionally hinders gameplay in massive ways ("Jump before the wire gets too close," anyone? Not to mention figuring out where to go after stealing Cid's airplane.) It isnt helped by the bare bones overworld animations, which seem like they were relying on you to use the dialogue to figure out what was going on far too often. At times this lends to the game's feel in a good way (the ancient temple scene with Sephiroth could not be creepier) but usually not. I would LOVE to get a group together to rewrite the entire game in manga form, especially because of the next point:

Oh my GOD was Advent Chidren and that which came after it a TERRIBLE representation of these characters. Dang. Flanderization is so bad you could do one of those Family Guy before and after pics for it. No wonder people complain that FF7 had the worst characters in the series; they're not remembering the actual characters, but the weird emo Cloud, gay stalker Sephiroth, and flawless Saint Aerith that were shown everywhere after Advent Children happened. Nobody seems to care that Cloud was once a cool mercenary who just had a bad case of completely warranted PTSD, or that Sephiroth was an utter psychopath who rarely even showed that he was lucid, let alone smarmy or flamboyant. I'm almost happy that the rest of the cast was practically ignored in that movie, at least it meant they were mostly spared the same fate. Mostly.

And for the last point, sure Cait Sith doesnt scale well into the second disk but hes actually borderline gamebreaking right when you first get him. I mean, he has tons of HP, can be specced for both physical and magical roles, and has a limit that deals more damage on average than anyone elses at the time, potentially landing 2,400 at a stage in the game where most people are doing ~800 at best. And Yuffie is totally decent, i seriously never understood why people lump her in with Cait Sith when talking about useless characters. Sure, statistically she's inferior to similar character Cid, but she comes with her own advantages and disadvantages just like anyone else...
Also known as: okappa, houdou.
Hikari

Post by Hikari »

Final Fantasy 13 save data corrupted... back to square one for me.
*coming soon*
Tap

Post by Tap »

Woo hoo! Lightning Returns looks absolutely fantastic... I can't wait until it is released! :)
Holhol

Post by Holhol »

Hikari wrote:Final Fantasy 13 save data corrupted... back to square one for me.
lol joke
Tap wrote:Woo hoo! Lightning Returns looks absolutely horrible... I can wait until it is released! :(
Whoa there, Tap. I fixed your typos there. At least, I hope those were typos. What we have here is a messed up combination of Final Fantasy XIII, Assassin's Creed, Elder Scrolls, Arkham Asylum, and The Sims Medieval. We also now discover that while Lightning was sleep, she received breast implants. And even the logo is completely awful. Look at this thing, this is not a Final Fantasy logo!!!

Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

And I got to the one part of FFXIII that allows for free roam and I haven't touched it in ages. Whoo.
Hodou Okappa

Post by Hodou Okappa »

Holhol wrote:
Tap wrote:Woo hoo! Lightning Returns looks absolutely horrible... I can wait until it is released! :(
Whoa there, Tap. I fixed your typos there. At least, I hope those were typos. What we have here is a messed up combination of Final Fantasy XIII, Assassin's Creed, Elder Scrolls, Arkham Asylum, and The Sims Medieval. We also now discover that while Lightning was sleep, she received breast implants. And even the logo is completely awful. Look at this thing, this is not a Final Fantasy logo!!!
And so FFXIII finally had its Dirge of Cerberus
Also known as: okappa, houdou.
Tap

Post by Tap »

Holhol: Have you even played XIII-2 yet? I recall you mentioning you hadn't even played it, well after a couple of months it was released! Now you know why I'm not taking your comments that seriously, ha ha... :P

As for Hodou, I actually liked Dirge of Cerberus. I've enjoyed all Final Fantasies... I recognise the negatives, of course, but being a fan also means being able to look past those issues and enjoy the narrative for what it is. And on that respect, Square and Square-Enix have yet to let me down. XIV is the only exception, but only because I couldn't enjoy it, thanks to all those lovely bugs.
Holhol

Post by Holhol »

Nothing of what I've said relates to FFXIII-2. =__=

Also, of course I know now. You've never actually said anything in the past.

Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

Holhol wrote:
Hikari wrote:Final Fantasy 13 save data corrupted... back to square one for me.
lol joke
I've been avoiding stuff because spoilers (haven't played XIII-2 yet ^^), but... that actually is a really terrible logo.
Hikari

Post by Hikari »

Logo needs a bit of work or just call it XIII-3...
squareplz...
*coming soon*