Anime Exchange Roulette! ROUND 6

Discuss works of media, like films, television programmes and novels.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Re: Anime Exchange Roulette! ROUND 4

Post by kwando1313 »

Wait so which anime am I getting

I'm kinda confused by your text list

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

fixed it because I was lazy and forgot to edit out the anime names next to each user because I CUT CORNERS YO
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Post by Lind »

gotMLK7 wrote:It took a lot of rerolls because my site was insisting on someone rewatching Shirobako and Sound! Euphonium and I had to rearrange the list a lot because Lind has seen literally everything but without further ado...here's the results.

gotMLK7
kwando1313
Trybien
TheDoctor
Lind
Holhol
GuardianDreamer
Sleuth
Alnar
Spoiler : Text Version :
-Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu => (GuardianDreamer)
-Love Live => (gotMLK7)
-Shirobako => (Sleuth)
-Tiger & Bunny => (kwando1313)
-House of Five Leaves => (Trybien)
-Paradise Kiss => (TheDoctor)
-Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo => (Alnar)
-Sound! Euphonium => (Holhol)
-Ghost Hound => (Lind)

I could have easily have rearranged this against you Lind but I'm merciful so you better kneel to my kindness
also your MAL lags my computer apologize for that
I shall not kneel, but I shall bow.

Also I'm probably going to change my list design soon.

Surprisingly I had only seen half of these this time, but it works out. Was hoping for Shouwa but at least it's not Love Live.
ArkhamKnight
Spoken languages: English

Re: Anime Exchange Roulette! ROUND 4 RESULTS

Post by ArkhamKnight »

So, how does one join?
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

You suggest an anime to be added to the roulette before the entry date ends. The anime has to be deemed appropriate and fit the criteria listed in the OP. You will then be entered and when the entry period ends, given an anime.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

What Sleuth said. Please come back when round 5 sign-ups start to join!

Also I finished season 1 of Love Live. My thoughts...will have to wait for after season 2. So that should give you an idea.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

And so, I have finished both seasons, English dubbed, of Love Live: School Idol Project. And...goddangit, I loved it. It's not really a secret that I love cheesy, cute, slice of life stuff and Love Live was one of those. However, it was surprisingly a lot better than I actually expected, and while watching it I felt a lot of nostalgia for K-On!, which is one of my favorite anime from my favorite studio. I liked all the characters; some took some time to like (Nozomi, Nico, Eli), some were pretty simple but were fine enough (Umi, Kotori, Hanayo), and some I just straight up enjoyed consistently (Maki, Rin, shockingly Honoka) but all I found myself really liking thanks to a really strong dichotomy between the cast and a good sense that they were all truly friends. It was a strong ensemble of character interactions and personalities that bounced well off one another and created a rather genuine relationship, something a lot of club shows forget (even K-On! at times). The animation was solid and at times even impressive, though the CGI music videos took a lot of getting used to and they never did look as good as the 2D. The songs I actually liked, surprisingly, and I actually enjoyed µ's' music quite a bit, particularly Start Dash and Snow Halation. The story and dialogue were super cheesy and the show felt overall incredibly G-rated past the occasional anime-ism (hot bath scenes and Nozomi's chest-grabbing, which was probably the worst part of the show) but a lot better than I expected, as the show had a surprising amount of guts and could be pretty sadistic to its cast. "Bittersweet" is not a feeling I'd expect from a show like Love Live but it surprisingly fits. And the dub was pretty dang good, with a lot of my favorite voice actresses from Bang Zoom and even some rarities like Caitlin Glass and newbies like Faye Mata as Rin that knocked it out of the park. I don't expect it to change some people's minds on dubs and at times the dialogue uses questionable westernisms ("awesomesauce", "brb", and selfie") but it's solidly acted and mostly solidly written so I recommend it if you like dubs in general. I'm probably the only person likely to enjoy this show as much as this but man, this kind of thing is right up my alley and I was hooked on it. It's not a show that will change your mind on slice of life anime about cute determined girls in a club if you already hate that entire subgenre, but if you're willing to give them a shot, I recommend giving Love Live a shot. You never know, it may surprise you.

And yeah I watched the joke entry and it's among my favorite shows I've seen this year WOOOOOO.

gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

YO FOUR DAYS TO WATCH YOUR SHOWS DOG

TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

I'm halfway through mine. I have a day off coming Tuesday, so I should be able to power through the rest by then.
Image Image Image
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Just as a heads up, due to dealing with illness and migraines the last few weeks, I will not have time to finish my show as I try to catch up with homework/final projects; however, I absolutely plan to watch the rest of it in my own time. Also, due to vacation and stuff, I won't be available for the next round or two. Looking forward to round 6 or 7 at least XP
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Oh yeah, I finished my show and stuff. It was pretty good.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Holhol

Post by Holhol »

I finished my show. I may make a more detailed comment later, I'm not sure. I don't wanna be that guy but I wasn't a huge fan of Sound! Euphonium. It wasn't bad or anything, I'm just usually not a fan of SoL.
~Danielinhoni is the bestest friend anybody could ask for~

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

TKinhonipei is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Liquid Snake wrote:Snake, did you like my sunglasses?
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Aaaaand, I'm finally done with Paradise Kiss.
Spoiler : Review :
I'll be honest, Paradise Kiss really wasn't my cup of tea. I don't care how deconstructed it was, I'm really not a huge fan of romance anime when there's almost nothing else driving the plot, and here, what little else was driving the plot was so boring, it might as well not have been there.

Seriously, Yukari has made my top ten most annoying protagonists list. Doesn't know what she wants out of life, is way too insecure about her relationship with George (one could argue, rightfully so, but it's not something I need to see in a series I'm watching), and it takes her at least 80% of the series to get over this.

Then there's the setting. I suppose had the plot been different, the setting might not have been so bad, but watching people try to make dresses and model them is really not that interesting to me. If that's your thing, by all means, go for it, but I just couldn't get into it.

Of course, there's the one scene that was cautioned towards unsuspecting viewers. I'd say if you can handle watching Jessica Jones, it shouldn't be too much of a problem, but if you've steered clear of that series, you should probably steer clear of this one too. Not that I'd recommend steering towards it in the first place, mind you, but everyone has different tastes.
Image Image Image
gotMLK7

Re: Anime Exchange Roulette! ROUND 5

Post by gotMLK7 »

I already gave my thoughts on Love Live. Loved it, one of my favorite shows I've recently watched and am the only one who'd probably say that because this is the kind of stuff everyone hates but whaaaatever. Give thoughts on what you watched of yours if you want!

And now...the roulette begins anew!

You have until 11:59 P.M. PST May 28th to sign up for the next round; that should land at next Saturday if I mathed properly. I will be signing up with My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU!, aka Oregairu. Sign up now now now!

Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Post by Lind »

I still haven't finished Yuuki Yuuna or even started Ghost Hound. Work has been riding me hard this month, I picked up so many spring shows that it's hard to just keep up with those, and it really doesn't help that Yuuki Yuna has been spectacularly average so far, giving me little motivation to finish it. Also, another site I'm on did a one-off anime roulette that resulted in the similarly boring Shion no Ou, so I've been a smidge backlogged.

That said, I will finish both shows, so I'll keep entering.

Since Gundam Thunderbolt is probably ineligible due to some rather... realistic depictions of war, I guess I'll go with Wandering Son.