Hodou Masaka's Big Glorious Trial Writing Guide!

Find detailed help from the AAO community, or write your own tutorials.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Re: Guide: Hodou Masaka's Gargantuan Trial Writing Guide!

Post by E.D.Revolution »

I like the guide very much, especially part two. The part about the characters clears up a lot of confusion as to what the canon character should/shouldn't act like (especially when OOC controversies arise within Trials.)
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

BBblader wrote:Really, the only trial where you CAN have Godot prosecute without canon or his character being disrupted (He pretty much just became a prosecutor to beat Phoenix in court so he wouldn't care at all about an OC, and OCs are your only defense attorney option for this timeframe) is like something in between 3-2 and 3-5 vs Phoenix, like, another filler case. That's pretty much the only way you can make it work without alternate reality (See: The Virtual Turnabout)

I'm pretty sure you can also definitely make up a story excuse for him to prosecute/defend in the time period of AJ
henke37
Security expert / tools programmer
Spoken languages: Swedish,English

Post by henke37 »

About that, it's kinda implied that the 3-5 trial was his last one. Something about being dead.
Currently working on a redesign of Court-records.net.
Moltor

Post by Moltor »

Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

First Law Of Resurrection:
If the creator wants to bring back a dead character, then that character will come back.

Body double, Maya summoning him, clone, etc... If you want him, you can have him. ^^

Btw, nice guide. I wonder what will be next. Can't wait for it.
Meph
Spoken languages: English

Post by Meph »

Blackrune wrote:First Law Of Resurrection:
If the creator wants to bring back a dead character, then that character will come back.
Yes, just think of ever single main villain on Doctor Who!
Mimi
Spoken languages: English: the only language I can brag about

Post by Mimi »

Or you can always stick Lambdadelta, Bernkastel, and Beatrice in your trial to revive him. :D

Ahem. Excuse me.

But yeah, your guide is really useful. I sometimes wonder if I'm OOC in my trials... probably am.
Zeel1™

Post by Zeel1™ »

henke37 wrote:About that, it's kinda implied that the 3-5 trial was his last one. Something about being dead.
In fairness, it's not as though he was ever confirmed as being executed. We knew he'd end up going to jail for Murder, and that would most likely put him on Death Row, but that doesn't mean he gets executed immediately. I mean, Dahlia was on it for six years before she was killed.

Provided you set the trial close enough after the end of T&T that he would still be alive, it's really just a matter of getting him out of jail.
Turnabout Ghost - 1400 Frames
henke37
Security expert / tools programmer
Spoken languages: Swedish,English

Post by henke37 »

Dead does not have to mean executed. It could be the stress simply getting to his body.
Currently working on a redesign of Court-records.net.
Hodou Okappa

Post by Hodou Okappa »

Meph wrote:What will be in part 3? :D
I'm going to be writing about planning the actual crime, I think. Describing the different "roles" that need to be involved as well as how to make it mess with the player's head. That's yet another topic I'll need a non-Bitter example for, too. After that it'll be a brief section on the structure of a case, and then probably going into detail on where dialogue needs to be "tight" and where it needs to be expanded.
BBblader wrote:Really, the only trial where you CAN have Godot prosecute without canon or his character being disrupted (He pretty much just became a prosecutor to beat Phoenix in court so he wouldn't care at all about an OC, and OCs are your only defense attorney option for this timeframe) is like something in between 3-2 and 3-5 vs Phoenix, like, another filler case. That's pretty much the only way you can make it work without alternate reality (See: The Virtual Turnabout)
There are two other situations:

-- Godot gets out of jail after the events of 3-5

The judge's ruling on Godot was never shown in the end of 3-5, and even if you consider it a definite Guilty it's important to remember that even a crime like murder often has varying degrees, and even THEN the judge is still the one who makes the ultimate decision on the punishment. For all we know, Godot gets some jail time and that's that. His determination to continue prosecuting in this scenario is also iffy. If you choose to try this, make sure to explain it well in your case: it deserves more than a handwave flashback from the defense, it should really be worked into the plot or at least be a major part of the script.

-- Godot vs. Original Character

As you already pointed out, Godot wouldn't have much interest in an original character. Still, as a prosecutor, one can assume he'd be forced to take some of the cases that weren't against Phoenix anyhow. His behavior and attitude should definitely reflect his disinterest. He may even make his typical cryptic and faux-poetic comments center around his plot to avenge Mia.

-- BONUS: The defense, Diego Armando

If you have the appropriate custom sprite work done, Diego Armando could be the main character or guest-defense of a Mia-era plot, too. Diego is the same as Godot in every way except that he's less cryptic and more forward. Since he was in a coma, there's none of the same "young vs. old" change that Edgey and Klavier experience.
Also known as: okappa, houdou.
Dypo deLina
Spoken languages: English, Dutch, German, French, Spanish, Al Bhed

Re: Guide: Hodou Masaka's Big Glorious Trial Writing Guide!

Post by Dypo deLina »

Lol, I noticed the topic title has been edited. And you're a Mod. Finally! :D
チラセ・マギタ
~Married to Evolina deLuna~ <3
~Loving father to ZetaAzuel~

Proud creator of Cynder Janice, Rex Gladiorum, and Raimpius in Endless Time.

Image Image
Hodou Okappa

Post by Hodou Okappa »

I'm not a full mod. I'm just permitted to edit the titles of posts in coordination with my "featuring" abilities.
Also known as: okappa, houdou.
Mimi

Post by Mimi »

I like Big Glorious... though Gargantuan seemed more Edgey-fancy to me.
mAc Chaos

Post by mAc Chaos »

Apollo isn't good for serious trials? Wasn't 4-4 pretty serious? I suppose not as serious as 2-4 or 3-5 though.
The wolf knows what the ill heart thinks.
@mAcChaos

BEHOLD, the ULTIMATE CASE: MACFIA, an epic journey through time and space.
Mimi

Post by Mimi »

He's a clone of Phoenix. He's awkward and didn't get enough character development. So he's not a good choice, I guess.