Official AAO Competition: The Clans of Kurain.

Compete with other members to create the best art following a given theme.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

ArkhamKnight
Spoken languages: English

Re: Official AAO Competition: The Clans of Kurain.

Post by ArkhamKnight »

Dialga is pleased.
clcman

Post by clcman »

Crystalklk wrote:Okay, I'm new, but does this usually happen in competition threads?
Case Competition threads where the judges (myself included) try and do something stupidly complicated instead of just announcing the results, yes. Art Competitions where the winner is decided by public vote and anyone could just go back through the thread and count the votes on their own? Not so much.

EDIT: I have tallied the votes, so if tomorrow doesn't come in the next day or so, I can announce the results if need be. Don't really know what the rules/procedures are here. Does anyone have any thoughts?
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Post by Lind »

clcman wrote:
Crystalklk wrote:Okay, I'm new, but does this usually happen in competition threads?
Case Competition threads where the judges (myself included) try and do something stupidly complicated instead of just announcing the results, yes. Art Competitions where the winner is decided by public vote and anyone could just go back through the thread and count the votes on their own? Not so much.

EDIT: I have tallied the votes, so if tomorrow doesn't come in the next day or so, I can announce the results if need be. Don't really know what the rules/procedures are here. Does anyone have any thoughts?
Keep it going for another 5 days, I have a punchline to use.
Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Post by Hesseldahl »

clcman wrote:

I would prefer that you don't do that, mostly because as I said I have a surprise, but I guess you could do that if you want.
Also I'll try to announce them today.
clcman

Post by clcman »

Hesseldahl wrote: I would prefer that you don't do that, mostly because as I said I have a surprise, but I guess you could do that if you want.
Also I'll try to announce them today.
Hey, you exist! And the projected time has advanced from tomorrow to today! PROGRESS!

Don't worry, I'll give you at least until tomorrow evening. I know how crazy end-of-judging surprises can be.
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
Tear
Spoken languages: Français, English

Post by Tear »

clcman wrote:EDIT: I have tallied the votes, so if tomorrow doesn't come in the next day or so, I can announce the results if need be.
Please don't. If it was only about the results we would have searched ourselves. We were just joking because we're impatient for the surprise. XD
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter

Post by Lind »

Lind wrote:
Lind wrote:Image
Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Post by Hesseldahl »

Guys, I tried to finish the surprise yesterday but I couldn't. The reason why I didn't finish it earlier is because I had to travel 5 days, sadly I'm trabeling again.

So I want you guys to choose:
1) Do you want to see the results today and the surprise on monday when I'm back home?
2) Do you want me to announce the result and the surprise on monday?

Also I will say that the surprise is a prize for the three first places. I'm not specifiying what the prizes are.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Do the surprise.

Most of us are patient enough that we can wait for the results. :)

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
clcman

Post by clcman »

Hesseldahl wrote:So I want you guys to choose:
1) Do you want to see the results today and the surprise on monday when I'm back home?
2) Do you want me to announce the result and the surprise on monday?

Also I will say that the surprise is a prize for the three first places. I'm not specifiying what the prizes are.
As the guy threatening to announce the results early, I am fine with the Monday announcement. As long as it actually happens, of course.

And given what the final vote tallies were, I totally agree on some sort of "Top 3" prize.

Lind
Trustworthy Spriter

Post by Lind »

clcman wrote:And given what the final vote tallies were, I totally agree on some sort of "Top 3" prize.
Spoiler : :
are you sure we can't do top 4
Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

how about top literally everyone who got a vote
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
mercurialSK

Post by mercurialSK »

top everyone who entered

@Hessehl
Do what you need to do XD
Backlog: v6 Perceive generator, Apollo, everything else (My thread)
Someday, on AAO™: Chris Tenson: Ace Attorney & A Turnabout Called Justice (pt 2)
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter

Post by Lind »

Lind wrote:
Lind wrote:
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter

Post by Lind »

Lind wrote:
Lind wrote: