Official AAO Competition: The 7 Deadly Sins

Compete with other members to create the best art following a given theme.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Official AAO Competition: The 7 Deadly Sins

Post by Reecer6 »

Ceres died, and now I've taken over the OP! Here's all these sin-themed sprites submitted by competitors. One of these competitors is me. I promise, there's no conflict of interest here. These are the sins, for reference.

You have until October 10th, 11:59pm CST to vote on the entries below. Vote by posting one or two numbers, corresponding to the entries you're voting for, making sure to bold them.

The voting has ended, and now it is the time to see the results!

Results in fancy text
Spoiler : Results :
In last place, with... oh... 0 votes, we have...

FenrirDarkWolf, crystalklk, and tiancai!
ImageImageImage
Hopefully this was at the very least a good learning experience for you all.

In fourth place, with 4 votes, we have...

titleguy1!
There's a lot of room to Klim the ratings, but at least you got some appreciation!

In third place, with 7 votes, we have...

Glen Elg!
A trophy nicer-looking than bronze is one piece of swag this kid is not getting.

In second place, with 8 whole points, we have...

SuperAj3!
Stay tuned for the 6-hour-long walk of shame as it attempts to exit out the front door.

And that leaves just one person in first, with 9 votes...!

Reecer6 (that's me)!
NO CONFLICT OF INTEREST. NONE WHATSOEVER.
Spoiler : Entries :
1: Sloth
SuperAj3

In a desperate attempt to find the truth, Phoenix cross-examines every animal in the prison (you know, the one from GK2).
He finds that the sloth failed to act when it was with its owner doing laundry duty, thus allowing his owner to be killed on the spot.
A very deadly sin

2: Envy
Reecer6

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sally Reed
Outside of work, Reed lives a perfectly acceptable life in a one-bedroom apartment without much hassle. Inside of work is a different story. Reed's worked at her position for three and a half years without receiving more than a couple raises, and for most of this time, she's been frustrated beyond belief by her manager's flagrant and meaningless task assignment, causing her to work twice as hard as most of her co-workers. There is nothing more in life that she wants but to get promoted to the manager position herself, but her boss seems to only think highly of her manager, and her efforts to keep improving herself have only gotten more work put on her! This may be the point of crossing the line for Sally Reed. May she perhaps be attempting to frame her manager for office thefts, lost files, and delayed reports to get them fired and have herself take their place???

Instead of communicating to her boss the issues she has with the management in order to find a peaceful solution?

Only, uh, Phoenix can find out. Because this is Ace Attorney. Yeah.

3: Envy
FenrirDarkWolf

Allison Anne
There's type A personalities... and then there's Allison Anne. Allison will do whatever it takes to make it out on top, because in the end, that's all that matters to her. Blackmail? Got it. Extortion? Got it. Killing her rich father for the inheritance money? Already being planned with forced accomplices, and a fall guy. She takes everything way too seriously. Everything is a contest to her, and she has to be at the finish line before you, or else...

4: Wrath and Envy
crystalklk

ImageImage
Malaine Anvy

5: Wrath
titleguy1

Keres
You shall soon meet your new goddess, Keres, and she is well displeased with your sins.

Some say that due to her upbringing, Keres' heart grew cold. She became displeased with her world; so she went to war. However, at war, she was involved in an airstrike that caused brain damage and a loss of an eye and an arm. With this, she had gained a metal arm that is said to possess a strength like no other. Her bionic eye is said to be able to see through a person's heart and soul. There is one thing for sure, though: Keres is no longer sane. Her brain injuries only tainted her dark heart further, and she may or may not be a psychotic serial killer.

6: Envy
tiancai

Concubine ShiYun
What is the concubines common favourite hobby?
I think the answer would usually be "scheming" and "jealousy".

She loves contemplating an evil plan to get rid of someone she hates or the emperor favours more over her while she eats her favourite snack - chocolate.

7: Greed
Glen Elg

Cory Sandler
This is Cory Sandler; he's an 11-year old boy who's a super-fan of the superhero show Captain Sun. He loves collecting merchandise, even to the point where he'll throw a tantrum if he doesn't get a piece of merchandise he wants. He's very greedy in that respect.
Spoiler : Original OP :

Hi there, I'm Mr incognito. (a.k.a. Ceres) Welcome to a brand new AAO sprite competition.
Are you foolish mortals ready to face your darkest fears and desires? I hope you are, there's no turning back now...

What defines Man? Is it Love? Friendship? Happiness? Opposable Thumbs?
No, of course not. That 'be pretty dumb.
It's SIN!
Glorious, hardy, sweaty, raunchy, unadulterated SIN! It's what makes life worth living.
More precisely, I'm referring to the classical 'seven deadly sins' also known as the capital vices or cardinal sins.
They are as follows:

Now, your task is create an original character that personifies one (or multiple) of these sins.
There are no real rules except anyone has to be able to recognize at first glance what sin(s) your character represents.
(feel free to add a name, backstory, etc if you so wish)

^ For example, Lust, a succubus ^

No real Rules:

- Only special sprites made for this comp may be entered.
- You may submit only one entry. However, you may sprite two characters in one entry.
- The deadline for the competition will be on the 22nd of August, voting will run for one week until the 1'st of September.
- Judging method will be a poll.
- Go nuts

SuperAj3
In a desperate attempt to find the truth, Phoenix cross-examines every animal in the prison (you know, the one from GK2).
He finds that the sloth failed to act when it was with its owner doing laundry duty, thus allowing his owner to be killed on the spot.
A very deadly sin
Last edited by Reecer6 on Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:35 am, edited 5 times in total.
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

Re: Official AAO Competition: The 7 Deadly Sins

Post by TheDoctor »

Original character, huh? So no one from Nanatsu no Taizai, nor any of the Homunculi from Fullmetal Alchemist, I take it?
Image Image Image
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Post by Lind »

I'm in. Already have a pretty good idea.
Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Post by Hesseldahl »

My body is ready.
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

Oh boy I have an idea for this! I just hope it's easily executable. :ron:
EDIT: I did it on a whim as I don't think I'm gonna get much time later on (what with school starting up again...)
A very deadly sin.
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

There's certainly no sloth in how fast you put this up...

Good luck to the entrants!
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

Enthalpy wrote:There's certainly no sloth in how fast you put this up...

Good luck to the entrants!
Should've waited till the last day LMAO
Let's just say pride influenced me :calisto:
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Glen Elg

Post by Glen Elg »

*submits Dr. Hotti as a Lust submission*

Nah, though, I'll probably come up with something. Pretty hyped for this.

Also, "rational animal", as for what truly defines Man.
titleguy1

Post by titleguy1 »

This looks fun. I might participate in my first-ever competition.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Glen Elg wrote:Also, "rational animal", as for what truly defines Man.
Rational and political animal, if you're citing Aristotle.

Also Aj, that is glorious. An actual sloth. If I can ask, why is it raising its hand?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Mr. Incognito

Post by Mr. Incognito »

TheDoctor wrote:Original character, huh? So no one from Nanatsu no Taizai, nor any of the Homunculi from Fullmetal Alchemist, I take it?
Nah, Only OC's this time, but feel free to be "heavily inspired" by them, or mix a few of them together.
SuperAj3 wrote:Image
A very deadly sin.
Very cheeky, I love it.
Added to the first post.
FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

Oh god, this'll be great.
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
Tilemaxosbra
Spoken languages: English and Greek

Post by Tilemaxosbra »

I absolutely love this idea, I can't wait to see the entries!
Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

Okay, so this character might not OBVIOUSLY be any of the 7 deadly sins, but let me ask you: What better, easier to recognize way is there to depict Envy? It was really kind of a challenge. So, I give you:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sally Reed
Outside of work, Reed lives a perfectly acceptable life in a one-bedroom apartment without much hassle. Inside of work is a different story. Reed's worked at her position for three and a half years without receiving more than a couple raises, and for most of this time, she's been frustrated beyond belief by her manager's flagrant and meaningless task assignment, causing her to work twice as hard as most of her co-workers. There is nothing more in life that she wants but to get promoted to the manager position herself, but her boss seems to only think highly of her manager, and her efforts to keep improving herself have only gotten more work put on her! This may be the point of crossing the line for Sally Reed. May she perhaps be attempting to frame her manager for office thefts, lost files, and delayed reports to get them fired and have herself take their place???

Instead of communicating to her boss the issues she has with the management in order to find a peaceful solution?

Only, uh, Phoenix can find out. Because this is Ace Attorney. Yeah.
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
Reverie

Post by Reverie »

Reecer6 wrote:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sally Reed