[E][Bug] Nested dropdown menus not working

All discussions regarding the AAOv6 Beta, be it bug reports or suggestions, should be posted in this section.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

[E][Bug] Nested dropdown menus not working

Post by E.D.Revolution »

This may or may not be a priority bug. But I'm just playing around a test trial again. But now I'm using Microsoft Edge (yes, W10). Whenever I click a nested dropdown menu in the Editor, it doesn't display correctly.

For example, go to the screen editor and try to choose something on the places dropdown box or the character sprite. the menu appears then closes out, not allowing you to click on anything. Regular dropdown menus work.

I dunno if this is an Editor bug or a Microsoft Edge bug.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [E][Bug] Nested dropdown menus not working

Post by Enthalpy »

This works fine on Firefox.

I'm on a Mac, so I'll see if I can get Windows 10 for my Virtual Machine so I can investigate on Edge.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

I'm leaning towards the latter on this, that it's an Edge issue. Yeah, I know it's working on FX and Chrome.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Just to be clear, there are two kinds of dropdown menus in the editor : the classic HTML ones for simple values (like the one for voice) and the ones with embedded preview (character profiles, sprites, music, sounds, etc.)

The issue you are mentioning affects all menus of the second kind I guess ?

Those were quite complex to implement and make an intensive use of JS event handling, so I'm not really surprised that IE would have trouble with those : IE has never been great at following the standards with event-related stuff... But anyway, I guess we should try to find out what goes wrong here - the issue being that I'm not planning to upgrade to W10 before a while so I can't really reproduce.
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

And I can't either. I've gotten W10 on my VM, but the Edge browser won't even work.

Good job, Microsoft. Good job.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

Post by TheDoctor »

I can confirm this bug in the Edge browser on Windows 10.
Image Image Image