Psyche Locks for v6: Comprehensive Edition

Get started with the upcoming AAO version 6.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

HappySylveon
Spoken languages: English

Re: Psyche Locks for v6: Comprehensive Edition

Post by HappySylveon »

I'm wondering if the sound files are available? Because the download links are broken and haven't been updated yet.
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

Sadly, ever since the dropboxpocalpyse, none of those files are available, and I don't believe E.D. is active anymore, at least not on AAO. Someone else might have the files saved somewhere and could rehost them, but otherwise, I'm afraid you're out of luck.

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

I don't have them.

Normally, Court-Records would have these. Their psyche-lock sound effects are in General, but I cannot find the right psyche-lock breaking effect in there. It could be that it's there, but I just haven't found it yet. I can do some digging this weekend, but I'm not hopeful.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

If I'm not mistaken, E.D. actually made those himself by combining the effects into one file. The only way to recover them would be for him to return or for someone to recreate them.

E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

While I'm not completely back on AAO, I've fixed the guide up. I just saw that fades were implemented, but I have yet to test them. If I'm satisfied with the fades on this version of AAO, I'll update the guide to include them. For now, I've fixed the dropboxalypse problem and rehosted the whole folder to mediafire.

Edit: As to how I made those effects, those are ripped directly from the games. That's actually not accurate. I recorded the relevant events from the emulator and isolated the sounds. So the psych sounds were not manipulated nor did they come from CR's repository. They were from the DS roms.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

When you test those fades, let me know how they're working. HTML5 fades should be hard to top.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Here's my verdict: 50/50

On one hand, the fades are good for everything regarding preparing for Psyche Locks. Take that, negatized background (since that's not an option yet here, import negatized background) for 1 second. Fade out said background next frame for 1 second.

On the other hand, fades are useless for trying to make psyche locks disappear without unlocking it. The fades are no good for this. You need to use a black foreground to hide the action underneath. There is no way at the moment you can make the psyche locks disappear outside of being successful without it looking crappy. The actual animation of scrolling all the chains off the screen take way too long, and it looks like crap. So the only way to deal with that, for me, is to use a black foreground to hide the action underneath. Classic PyWright trick: use black foregrounds to hide action of layers underneath.

On the other other hand, you do not have fade support for foreground. So if the psyche lock scene originates in the Detention Center, there is no way to fade just the background and foreground object. Until that is fixed, we still need to import fade assets into the trials.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Noted. Once AAO development gets moving on, psyche-lock improvements will be high on my priority list, so I'll see what I can do.