An about page for every case with ability to post comments

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Joneleth
Spoken languages: Français

Re: An about page for every case with ability to post comments

Post by Joneleth »

We'll ask funds from Capcom. :P
You can never predict what the future has in store for any of us. That is precisely why people feel the need to judge the past. - Godot -
Forcemaster
Spoken languages: English

Post by Forcemaster »

s0L0Tw0 wrote:What's my sig have anything to do with this :|
Unas wrote:
Joneleth wrote:If this site keeps on getting more popular , we might introduce a system à la youtube, where you can rate a case and post comments under it. ^^
I don't think I'm ever gonna do this :lol:
Omnipotence does not prevent laziness.
That answer your question?
He robbed from the rich, and he gave to the poor
Stood up to the man, and gave him what for
Our love for him now, ain't hard to explain
The hero of Canton, the man they call Jayne
Zeroes

Post by Zeroes »

We ARE promoting their game, I guess...
Zeroes

Post by Zeroes »

I agree with you, but you're not mod :P

Even though someone's going to hit me...

But, I think it's a good idea. Sorta. You could just link here... But that would probably be discouraging and and would take a while to load. I like the idea of just making a brief description. But, I guess make it optional...
Peter

Post by Peter »

Forcemaster wrote:That's actually not a bad idea, for the trials that have topics, it could direct you to that topic beforehand.

Welcome to the site, Peter! :D
Thanks Forcemaster :) Directing it to the topic WOULD be nice I think. Than you don't have to search the forum for it yourself, just click on it and you're there.

And if the site would become really popular and you wanted to get a professional host, you could always have some advertisement (not too annoying though) to pay that host ;)
Zeroes

Post by Zeroes »

Forcemaster wrote:
s0L0Tw0 wrote:What's my sig have anything to do with this :|
Unas wrote:
Joneleth wrote:If this site keeps on getting more popular , we might introduce a system à la youtube, where you can rate a case and post comments under it. ^^
I don't think I'm ever gonna do this :lol:
Omnipotence does not prevent laziness.
That answer your question?
Ah.

Advertising is horrible. If there was advertising here, it would ruin the feel of the site :oops:
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

s0L0Tw0 wrote:Advertising is horrible. If there was advertising here, it would ruin the feel of the site :oops:
Don't worry, I know that ^^
If I ever were to use advertising, I'd only use non-intrusive text ads such as Google AdWords :D
But I'm not planning to do so as long as I don't have to pay anything to maintain this site. :wink:
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Zeroes

Post by Zeroes »

Don't you have to pay if this site takes up too much bandwidth or something like that (I really don't know what I'm talking about) if this site gets too many comments?

Oh, and redirecting to the topic would be tedious, at least for me. It would take a while to load(Ok... Maybe not that long... [5 second...]), and the topic might not even have any good information there, just promotional "Play my case". Still, if it's optional, that's fine.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

s0L0Tw0 wrote:Don't you have to pay if this site takes up too much bandwidth or something like that (I really don't know what I'm talking about) if this site gets too many comments?
Well, currently my host is free, and doesn't officially limit the bandwidth I can use. However, it's a mutualised host, which means that dozens of other sites are hosted on the same machine. Therefore, sometimes loading can take a while; and if AAOnline consumed so much resources that the other sites had to suffer, they could ask me to take a professional host instead.
And a professional host costs at least 6€/month, for the lowest quality (still mutualised, even if there's less people per machine than on my current host; it would be far sufficient for normal needs). But if I were to handle 2000 new trials per day ( :mrgreen: ), it'd require the best kind of hosting : for around 30€/month, a hosting on a single, ultra-powerful machine that the site would be the only one to use :)
But as I said, we're far from this point, and currently my free host is sufficient :D
Oh, and redirecting to the topic would be tedious, at least for me. It would take a while to load(Ok... Maybe not that long... [5 second...]), and the topic might not even have any good information there, just promotional "Play my case". Still, if it's optional, that's fine.
I couldn't make it automatic, so even if I did it it would only be optional :wink: The way it could be is that you can, in the editor, enter the id of your presentation topic. But still, I don't think I'm gonna do this :)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Kroki
Admin
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español, 日本語

Post by Kroki »

If there would appear too much trials... just have to delete the old/bad/not finished one.
In the French section, there is an incredible number of thoose bad trials, it would'nt be a big loss...
ImageImage Image Image Image