A funny thing I noticed about anime theme songs...

Discuss works of media, like films, television programmes and novels.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

A funny thing I noticed about anime theme songs...

Post by TheDoctor »

A funny thing I noticed a few months ago is that the majority of modern anime series has theme songs that are roughly 90 seconds in length. So, one day, I was watching an anime with a theme song I didn't particularly care for, so I decided to mute the opening theme and play a different theme song while watching the opening. Surprisingly, the visuals matched up almost perfectly!

Ever since then, I've tried many different combinations with different themes overlaid on different opening sequences. Some were decent, some didn't match up well at all; however, others were either too funny or too fitting to keep to myself.

This first video is the first opening sequence to Keroro Gunso/Sgt.Frog with the opening theme, "Guren no Yumiya," from Attack on Titan. I may upload more eventually, but I encourage you to try mixing up a few for yourself. You may come up with something I never would have.

Invasion of the Demon Frogs
Image Image Image
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Re: A funny thing I noticed about anime theme songs...

Post by gotMLK7 »

Dude.

Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun music, Nichijou visuals. Either OP, they both work pretty well. It desyncs at points but it's pretty magical how well it fits when they line up.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

There's a video about this. Warning for anime stuff so it's a bit NSFW, but I don't really remember.
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Got a couple of new ones...

The first one is the first opening sequence to Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood set to the second opening theme, "Ready Steady Go!," from Fullmetal Alchemist (2003)

http://flic.kr/p/w1Ytdm

And the second one is the second opening sequence to Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) set to the first opening theme, "Again," from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

http://flic.kr/p/vLDsSA

(Note: I apologize for these not being on Flickr instead of YouTube (mainly because of the lack of fullscreen), but YouTube kept muting the audio).
Image Image Image