Higurashi No NAku Koro ni

Discuss video games from Pong to Call of Duty, including Ace Attorney games.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Which is your favorite arc?

Onikakushi-hen (Kidnapped by Demons arc)
No votes
Watanagashi-hen (Cotton Drifting arc)
No votes
Tatarigoroshi-hen (Curse Killing arc)
25%
Himatsubushi-hen (Time Killing arc)
No votes
Meakashi-hen (Eye Opening arc)
13%
Tsumihoroboshi-hen (Atonement arc)
25%
Minagoroshi-hen (Massacre arc)
25%
Matsuribayashi-hen (Festival Accompanying arc)
13%

Total votes: 8

Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Re: Higurashi No NAku Koro ni

Post by Bad Player »

this is my new creed with respect to higurashi:
Spoiler : :
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
PhoenixRises123
Spoken languages: English

Post by PhoenixRises123 »

Then enigma made a crossover and AAO exploded with higu shock.. :shock: The end...?
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Finished the main Higurashi storyline. Trying to watch the OVA's now, although I'm just a little confused now about...
Spoiler : Higurashi Kai and Rei spoilers :
Okay, so the Rei arc explicitly takes place after they beat the big bad in the final arc, however, I don't know if they're meant to be on the same world line still or not. I mean, if Rika/Bernkastel/whoever the (bleep) that was altered Takano's past so that her parents never died, then by all rights, shouldn't Rika's parents still be alive since Takano wouldn't have any reason to kill them? For that matter, shouldn't Takano have her original name? If they're still on the same world line as they were in the final Kai arc, why is Takano out and about like it's no big deal? She still killed people, and basically pulled a lot of crap during that last arc, and everyone knew i, so why is she still out in Hinamizawa like it never happened?
About the only reason I can think of is that the first and last Rei episodes aren't mean to be treated as canon, but Rika explicitly references the events of the first Rei episode in the second, so I'm more confused now than I was when the Watanagahi arc started.
Image Image Image
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

TheDoctor wrote:Finished the main Higurashi storyline. Trying to watch the OVA's now, although I'm just a little confused now about...
Spoiler : Higurashi Kai and Rei spoilers :
Okay, so the Rei arc explicitly takes place after they beat the big bad in the final arc, however, I don't know if they're meant to be on the same world line still or not. I mean, if Rika/Bernkastel/whoever the (bleep) that was altered Takano's past so that her parents never died, then by all rights, shouldn't Rika's parents still be alive since Takano wouldn't have any reason to kill them? For that matter, shouldn't Takano have her original name? If they're still on the same world line as they were in the final Kai arc, why is Takano out and about like it's no big deal? She still killed people, and basically pulled a lot of crap during that last arc, and everyone knew i, so why is she still out in Hinamizawa like it never happened?
About the only reason I can think of is that the first and last Rei episodes aren't mean to be treated as canon, but Rika explicitly references the events of the first Rei episode in the second, so I'm more confused now than I was when the Watanagahi arc started.
shut up and enjoy the fanservice
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

hahahahahigurashispinoffs

oooh

oh boy

at least it's not kira

Spoiler : Actual Explanation :
The true final timeline in Kai is the main story of it. The after credits scene with Bernkastel was another alternate "solution" to Higurashi. Basically, it was how Bernkastel went about doing it. Which is kind of an asspull since Bernkastel didn't even appear in Higu's anime and like... Yeah. The anime skips a lot of important details. In any case, the world Rika ends up in after she dies in the real world, is Bernkastel's solution/Bernkastel's alternate world. Which is the one where Rika's parents are still alive and whatnot.

So, yes. Basically, Rei is... True end > Bern End > Bern End > True End

But it's also Awful > Eh > Eh > Awful.

and kira is awful > awful > awful > not as awful as the rest but still pretty pointless....
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Okay, that makes a little bit of sense, but...
Spoiler : Rei :
It still doesn't explain Takano Miyo's presence in the first episode. I could see the last episode as being something that took place before the Watanagashi, but it still doesn't explain why Miyo and the Yamainu were at the pool.
Image Image Image
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

Well, the obvious answer is because Higurashi spinoffs are fanservice fever dreams that make zero sense!
Spoiler : The Only Other Answer I Can Think Of :
I guess it's possible that Miyo's there as part of, like, her therapy? Since Tomitake is also there maybe he took her to the pool because she's recovering from being totally insane?

but lets not kid ourselves. rei shouldn't be considered canon and it was just done for fanservice. :P