how to take an existing gif and move it

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

theimortal1974
Spoken languages: English

how to take an existing gif and move it

Post by theimortal1974 »

i figured this out on my own and wanted to explain in case if anyone else wants to do something similar. a lot of the court character gifs are oriented looking left or right. not helpful if you want to make it appear they are looking elsewhere. in my example i wanted to take von karma banging his head against the prosecution's wall and make it appear he's hitting the door leading out of the court instead. now as it was explained it's impossible to rotate a 3d image like that. but i figured out i could get something similar by shifting von karma towards the center. not perfect but better than nothing.

to do that just find a site that allows you to move the position of gif. then resave it, create a custom character version of them (in my case von karma) with the only animation gif be the new one. then use that instead of the stock von karma gif.

this is the stock version of von karma banging his head Image and this is the altered gif Image. doesn't really look different until you see it like this. Image cause now it appears that he is trying to open the door with his head. without the alteration it looks like he is bashing hid head on the side post with the flag pole.

i don't know if that makes any sense but i wanted to put how i figured it out down. i will now delete my previous post asking for help.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: how to take an existing gif and move it

Post by Enthalpy »

Hello.

There are a couple problems with this topic. First, it's in the wrong subforum. Guides on how to do things with art belong in the Art Guides subforum.

The bigger issue is that this is not a very well-written tutorial. The biggest flaws are that:
1. Your grammar is very poor. You're not even capitalizing the first word of your sentences! This makes your posts hard to read.
2. Your actual instructions skip over most of the details that somebody would want a tutorial about. "find a site that allows you to move the position of gif. then resave it" What site should a person use? How can they use it? How do they know how far to move the gif? A proper tutorial should explain things like this.
3. You spend much of your text describing things irrelevant to the tutorial. You spend an entire paragraph describing how you wanted to have von Karma "hitting the door leading out of the court," when your tutorial is about a different graphical effect entirely.

As such, I'm going to lock the topic. If you want to try a future art tutorial, please put it in the right forum, use proper English, check that your post contains enough details for somebody to follow along, and eliminate irrelevant paragraphs.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson