!Help! End after all talk options

Find detailed help from the AAO community, or write your own tutorials.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Fblaggyx2
Spoken languages: English

!Help! End after all talk options

Post by Fblaggyx2 »

Hi, this maybe dumb but how can I do that the investigation ends and goes to another frame after all the talk options are done.

I know how to go to another frame after a talk option is done but what I need is that it will be after all the talk is done not only the last.
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Re: !Help! End after all talk options

Post by SuperAj3 »

Fblaggyx2 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:19 pm Hi, this maybe dumb but how can I do that the investigation ends and goes to another frame after all the talk options are done.

I know how to go to another frame after a talk option is done but what I need is that it will be after all the talk is done not only the last.
Hi!
To do that, you'll need to use variables. At the end of each talk prompt, you can basically add one to the last frame. For example, if you have 2 talk options, at the end of prompt 1, you can make a variable (name can be anything, but pick something you'll remember like "option1") then set the value to 1.
For the second, make another ("option2") and set the value to 1 as well.

Then you have a frame after the last one with the wait timer set to only a value of 1 (this can be done to basically add a second action at the end as you can only do one action per frame) and select the "evaluate conditions to redirect the player" option. Set it so that if the variables "option1" and "option2" both have the value you specified, it'll take you to that investigation end frame. Then you set the "fail frame" to just go back to the list of talk options.

If my explanation's confusing, you can check out the tutorials section and look for the 'guide to variables'.
Last edited by SuperAj3 on Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Fblaggyx2
Spoken languages: English

Re: !Help! End after all talk options

Post by Fblaggyx2 »

Thank you.

I had to read it like three times to fully understand.

Still I don't think I did it the way you descibed it exactly but very similary.

Once again big thanks. you helped me solve a problem that I was trying to solve for at least hour and a half.