[P] Text speed going too slow on Firefox

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

drvonkitty
Spoken languages: English

[P] Text speed going too slow on Firefox

Post by drvonkitty »

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:87.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/87.0

Link: http://www.aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=137856

For some reason, on Firefox, my text speed is way too slow. This is most apparent at fast text speeds, but it seems like all text is going too slow. When I compared the above trial side by side on Chrome and Firefox, Chrome was noticeably faster.

I'm not sure if this is an issue with just my browser, but I tried clearing my cache and reinstalling it and the problem persists. I first noticed it a few days ago. I thought maybe I was just seeing things, but there's definitely a difference based on the above trial, at least for me. This is a new issue, as I don't recall having this problem until the past couple days.

If you can't recreate the problem, here's a video of me comparing the two speeds. Using my phone timer, it seems that speed 5 takes twice as long on my Firefox as on Chrome.
https://streamable.com/kpqbah

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [P] Text speed going too slow on Firefox

Post by Enthalpy »

sigh Why must browser inconsistencies in the text system plague me so?

I'll add this to my "list of things to investigate," but it's not going to be at the top.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

Were you able to notice a difference between the two browsers on your end? Part of me suspects it's an issue solely on my end, as it suddenly appeared just a few days ago after working perfectly fine, and I don't know what could have changed on AAO's end.

Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

My initial tests aren't showing a speed difference, but they're not conclusive. The thing to do is test this on my local version of AAO, where I can add a timer on the text typing code.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
TimeAxis

Post by TimeAxis »

To add to this, may be related, but the text is very slow for me on apple safari mobile, and I think it has something to do with the blip sounds, as the sound comes through very slow and glitchy. Pretty much need to use instant text on mobile. There are also sometimes issues with other sounds playing. Like I said, may be related, or might not.
Question Arcs (Threads Coming Eventually)
ImageImageImageImage
Gaiden Episodes
Champion of Turnabouts ★
HALLOWEEN HERO
Other
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attornauts
The Curious Case of the Phantom Limousine (Coming Eventually)
The Imposter's Turnabout (Coming Maybe)
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Having multiple audio tracks play on mobile is a much more complicated endeavor - not something we're worried about right now.
Nicky Boy
Spoken languages: Ελληνικά, English

Post by Nicky Boy »

I downloaded Chrome just to check and I can confirm that I have the same, slower speed in Firefox as the OP. In fact, it has affected my own trials, too. Maybe it's worth looking into the latest Firefox update?
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage