[T] Turnabout Unmasked ●

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

coolbrad888
Spoken languages: English

Re: [T] Turnabout Unmasked ●

Post by coolbrad888 »

I've made the changes. I'm not sure if it fixes everything you were thinking of, but it's certainly an improvement. I'm quite excited to hear what you have to say, criticism and all.
In case you were wondering, my name isn't actually Brad.

Oh, and here's my obligatory trial plug.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Next question. This one is more abstract.
Spoiler : :
You're probably aware that the first four main series games were made by one author, Takumi, and Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice were made by another author, Yamazaki. These two have very different styles. The short version is that Takumi likes letting tension build slowly, logical clarity, and letting cross-examinations reveal witness character, where Yamazaki likes constant twists, just making sure the next step is clear, and having dramatic cross-examinations.

With a case starring Fulbright, I could guess that you lean more to the Yamazaki way of doing things. In Day 1 of trial, I'm seeing testimonies that don't prove what the prosecution says they do, inconsistencies in the witness testimony that don't get picked up, and a defense that rushes to conclusions. Do I classify those as problems? Well, it depends. If you want a Takumi-style case, definitely. If you want a Yamazaki-style case, those can all be forgiven.

So, are you trying to write a Takumi-type case, where it matters that the logic checks out, are you writing a Yamazaki-type case where logic problems aren't problems if they let you raise drama and aren't obvious, or are you writing something else...?

The only wrong answer is one that doesn't match your vision of what this case is supposed to be. I understand that this way of thinking may be new to you, so ask, and I'll try to clarify anything you need.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
coolbrad888

Post by coolbrad888 »

Spoiler : Answer 3 :
Considering how much influence Fulbright's character had over me while I was writing this, I would say I definitely leaned more so to the style of the game that "he" was actually in. So, to answer your question, I'm writing a Yamazaki-style case (even though I'm not a very big fan of DD's Fulbright twist). After all, considering the premise is based on hyper realistic disguises that don't really make sense in the first place (rather like the ones in 5-5), it's difficult to keep perfect logic at the forefront of my priorities.

Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Spoiler : Response :
Well, spirit mediums were a major plot point in the entire original trilogy, so having plausibility-stretching elements isn't the difference I'm talking about.

Let me try asking a different way. What are your priorities with this game? Clearly, having fun with Fulbright's sense of JUSTICE is one of them, but I'm less sure about the rest. I'm asking this both in general, and particularly with the trial segments.

Here are some different answers to "priorities in the trial segment" that come to mind:
1. Lots of dramatic twists.
2. Fair but very high difficulty logic puzzle
3. Tell a compelling story about the characters
4. Maintain tension which gets released at a small number of dramatic twists
5. Provide setup for jokes

Multiple answers are fine. Answers that aren't on here are fine. If the answer is honestly "imitate Dual Destinies," that's fine, too. I just need an answer so I know what I'm supposed to be looking for here.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
coolbrad888

Post by coolbrad888 »

Spoiler : response to response :
My goal with the trials was to have very fair, but occasionally challenging gameplay. I wanted to establish a sense of trust with the player where they could be confident that my contradictions weren't stupid and wouldn't default to checking the walkthrough without trying very hard if they didn't realize the answer right away. Like you said in your last response I wanted the next step to be pretty clear most of the time.

I also wanted to remedy some of the problems I had with 3-3 and 5-5 where the concept of hyper-realistic disguises wasn't used to its full potential. So I made someone disguising themself as phoenix more important to the plot, and I made the various disguises that the villain had actually useful to them, instead of a "boom, look, they can disguise themself as anyone, aha!" moment. Though I still wanted to capture the drama of those big twists, without making it feel like you were robbed of a character.

I also wanted it to be pretty funny, although my style of humor isn't for everyone. I wanted to riff off of a lot of existing ace attorney tropes that don't make a lot of sense, sometimes even at the expense of gameplay (an example is how the game often acts like you're about to accuse someone for murder, but instead of having you select a profile, it just let's you select "the real killer" and the trial continues).

I would say on your list, the most important to me were 1 and 5, with 2 not far behind (although this trial isn't meant to be SUPER difficult.)

Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

QA Review: Turnabout Unmasked

I think this frame is the number one reason why Apollo is the defendant in this case.
The QA request for this came in within one hour after the showcase was posted. That is, somehow, not a record, but it's still pretty fast for a review. So, as one of the first players, what do I have to say about this one?
My normal format for Check 1 works great when I can talk about gameplay elements separately from the characters separate from the larger story and tone of the work. In cases where I can't do that, it doesn't work so well. Instead, it seemed better to me to structure Check 1 chronologically, after a introduction.
Spoiler : Check #1: Here Be Spoilers! :
Introduction to Review
First, some context. This is a case where how much you like the jokes is going to determine a lot of how you feel about the trial. If you like the jokes, you'll really enjoy the game. But some people (myself included) don't share this sense of humor. And that should be fine. Those people should enjoy the rest of the case. Unfortunately, there are flaws in this case that mean that didn't happen for me, and that's what I'm going to focus on.

For this review, even after asking questions, I only have a guess as to your vision for this. Correct me if I'm wrong:
This trial wants to use the familiar Ace Attorney trial structure to hit a "sweet spot" where it can support the comedy which is meant to carry the trial most of the time, and also the drama of the case's really big twists when they occur, as the canon cases themselves do. The trial gameplay wants mainly to avoid the extremes of annoyingly unfair and annoyingly easy. Providing a coherent story at all times, and having a cohesive solution in the end, are not priorities, as they are in the original trilogy, but neither is the constant drama and escalation we see from Dual Destinies.

Here, I unfortunately have to say this case failed Check 1. I can see this case being featured someday, but it needs major revisions. For what it's worth, the case I worked on for a recent competition needed major revisions (in progress, if anybody cares). I am impressed that the case is at "could be featured someday" level, and you should be proud of that.

I experienced two things playing this game that need to be fixed before I'd give this a Check 1 pass. First, I was repeatedly confused about what this game was intending. Second, the way the game is written doesn't get me invested in the action, so the dramatic moments mostly fall flat. This is especially true in the investigation, which carries over to how I respond to the trial. I expect that people who get the jokes won't have these problems as much as I did.

I found the investigations very rough, but the second day of trial was much better.

Investigation I
We start with Fulbright introducing himself. Fulbright asks us to help him "unravel this mystery and find the truth." This scene confused me, because I wasn't sure why Fulbright was asking us questions. Is this like Pokemon, where we are a character in the game?

Next, we see Fulbright in the shop of a Masque McCair, a mask maker. This is where I first felt something that I felt a lot when playing this game: the investigation segments frequently don't get me invested or engaged in anything that is happening in the particular location; I just want to get through the location to move on to somewhere more interesting.

Let's analyze why I felt this way.
* The jokes didn't work for me. I can try to analyze why they didn't, but I think that's missing the point. If your scene relies entirely on jokes, then a player who doesn't find them funny is going to get bored or even annoyed. It's a good practice to have something else in a scene, if you can. That said, when the jokes land, that's a surefire way to get the reader interested.
* Fulbright says he has no reason for being in McCair's shop. Fulbright gets the receipt because McCair asks him to throw it away... I have a hard time believing that a store owner would ask one of their customers to do that, especially when he knows this is a "sensitive client." Similarly, Fulbright gets the green letter by stealing it, which does not seem very just. Taken together, these strongly suggest to me that you as the author don't care about the characters and are just interested in making sure the player gets the evidence they need. So why should I be interested?
* I was confused about whether you wanted McCair to come off as Luke Atmey but with a different name and job, an unrelated character who happens to have the same sprites, or somewhere in-between. McCair has a habit of saying "Zvarri" like Luke Atmey, uses Atmey's sprites, and is in the Mask de Masque lair, so he can't be completely unrelated. But he's also not putting on a false persona, which is decidedly not like Luke Atmey. But he does have a vaguely conceited air, like Luke Atmey... And to make matters worse for me, I can't get a read on the character's personality, or even how he feels about Fulbright. He clearly appreciates Fulbright's business, but beyond that, I can't tell. When I'm this confused, it's easiest just to stop caring.
* At this early stage in the game, there's no larger tension or mystery for the player to care about, either. There's nothing you can do about this one.

This scene helped me as the player lose interest in important things later:
* When Fulbright knocks out Phoenix, I don't care. You showed in this scene that your Fulbright is willing to go out-of-character (steal a letter) to move the plot forward. So of course Fulbright is going to knock out Phoenix because the plot says so. And that kills what is supposed to be a major joke.
* When Mask McCair dies, I don't care. I never got even slightly interested in the character.
* Combined with all the other scenes that reinforce these kinds of issues, I started to mentally check-out for a lot of this case. That led me to not be very interested by the dramatic twists later.

In terms of what I'd recommend for this scene, my first thought is that you need to deal with bullet points 2 or 3 from my analysis section. For 3, have a clear idea of how you want McCair to come across, and stick with it. It doesn't need to be in-depth, just clear and consistent. For 2, give the characters reasons for the things they do. You have a lot of leeway with how you do this. Here are three examples of how Fulbright could get the receipt, which took me less than two minutes to come up with and type:
* Fulbright sees it lying out and promises to pick it up because littering is not JUSTICE!
* Fulbright sees it lying out and is curious about who else shops here. He debates with himself of whether such peeping is "JUST" but eventually decides it is for some silly reason.
* McCair does not like Fulbright and tasks him to go throw away the receipt as an excuse to get him out of the store. It doesn't work.

Fulbright now gets a call from Apollo. (Disclaimer: I strongly prefer AA4 to AA5 and AA6, so my take on Apollo's personality may be overlooking the AA5/AA6 take on it.) I was confused about what Apollo's personality was supposed to be. I know now that you altered Apollo to be more sidekick-like, but when I played this, it felt so little like Apollo that I was left confused by what you were going for. This is an Apollo who is openly a fan of Steel Samurai, but that's a kid's show. Liking that would damage the "cool" image of himself that Apollo likes to keep. He's not snarky with Fulbright of all people, and doesn't even tease him, even with Fulbright gives him perfect setups. And Apollo would never do something as childish as trying to scare someone with "Boo". When Apollo is playing sidekick to Athena (5-3), he doesn't act anything like this. So I am confused by what this Apollo is supposed to be.

If you're happy with this personality of Apollo, don't change it. Instead, make it easier for the player to understand that this Apollo's personality isn't going to match the canon one's so well. Perhaps Fulbright's pre-game "talk" with the player is a good place for you to do that?

Gumshoe enters the scene to announce Edgeworth's murder. I cannot tell if this is intended to be a dramatic scene where the player is shocked and we sympathize with Gumshoe, or if you mainly you just don't want the scene to be distractingly un-dramatic. If you do want this scene to be dramatic, it is really hard to do. Fulbright just learned who Edgeworth was a minute ago, and we haven't even seen Edgeworth on-screen.

We now move to the dressing room, where we learn some facts about the crime. This is where we first encounter the number one problem of this case. If I don't comment on a scene from now on, you can assume that I would just be repeating the points I'm making here, except swapping out the upcoming "bullet point list", because this occurs constantly.

For all of these scenes, there is a list of facts that you want to get out to the player. I can figure out your list easily which I couldn't do in a conversation with a real person or as part of a real investigation (within the AA definition of "real", of course). Those key facts would be blended together with other things, especially the context that will help the player understand the facts. People find it easier to remember things when they are in relation to other things, and that's what context does. Instead, I'm left less interested in the case. After many of these scenes, my ability to care dwindled.

Here are the bullet points I picked out:
Steel Samurai Weapons Case: Carries the Steel Samurai's weapons. Samurai showed it to Apollo.
Revolver: Probable murder weapon. Stolen from evidence room.
Cause of Death: Knocked out, then shot through shoulder
Door: Access is restricted to staff and those with backstage passes. Edgeworth had a backstage pass.
Crime Scene Discovery: Found by "lady."

There is a lot of context missing. Let me pick the "revolver" bullet point at random. Why would the culprit steal it from the evidence room, and how? Were there bullets in it? Is there any significance that the original case might have to this one? Are there any special features to the gun, or is it an ordinary revolver? How might the killer have smuggled it in - was there no security backstage? And I can easily come up with similar questions about all the other bullet points. In all cases, the game doesn't spend time worrying about such questions. By contrast, in the canon games, you would spend probably twice as long talking to the detective about the case because there's twice as much stuff to do.

Other comments about this investigation session.
1. You've written Fulbright as having some "interest" in Klavier, but even at the end of the case, I can't tell whether that interest is romantic, or if Fulbright is merely a devoted fan of a band with such JUSTICE. It is unsettling when Fulbright is in denial of the fact that Klavier is prosecuting his best friend, and so antagonistically. We see this in the trial with lines like, "(I'm sure Klavier doesn't mean it. You'll forgive him eventually.)" I suspect this was not how you intended Fulbright to come off, so you may want to adjust.
2. There's a recurring problem throughout the case that starts here: Oldbag is annoying when she rambles for as long as she does here. I recommend you either speed up the text or shorten the number of frames that she's talking for.
3. The scene where the bailiffs refuse to help Fulbright did get a smile out of me - that was good.
4. As I alluded to earlier, Fulbright's decision to knock out Phoenix, rob him, and take his identity came off as you bending Fulbright's character to make him work with your plot, and just added to the list of things that clued me not to care too much about the case. I think it's possible for you to write this in a way that's in-character, but it will require much more build-up.
5. It took me an extremely long time to realize that I had to inspect the presents at the crime scene. There isn't a very good reason for clicking there to lead in to the Steel Samurai weapons case. You may want to have something else lead to getting this piece of evidence.

Trial I

I'm going to ignore characterization here - it doesn't seem relevant to your vision of the case.

Gumshoe's first cross-examination is fair, but could use a statement or two between "He had bought a backstage pass to a Steel Samurai stage show, so he could talk to the Steel Samurai!" and "But after Mr. Powers had left, the defendant snuck in, and clonked Mr. Edgeworth over the head!" explaining the gap between them. You're relying on the player to fill in the gap that Edgeworth entered Powers' dressing room, Powers left (for some reason I can't recall), Apollo had a keycard to enter the room, and how Apollo even knew Edgeworth was there. I think you're relying on the assumption that the player remembers these. It's usually good to be explicit about details at the start of the trial, to make sure the player remembers them, but even more importantly, because there is so much missing context throughout the investigation, there is a lot of missing information. Even now with the benefit of hindsight, I am struggling to figure out what the prosecution's theory at this point was.

Fulbright and Klavier then get into an argument that changes topics frequently. By the time the discussion ends, I'm honestly not sure what ground anybody gained or lost there, and I couldn't tell you what was talked about. I'm just left confused. To be fair, even the canon Yamazaki cases to do that to me. So suffice it to say this adds to the list of things that get me to lose interest. I would probably forgive this if the investigation held up better.

We proceed to the motive cross-examination. The prosecution argument amounts to "we think he's the Prosecutioner, and then he'd have a motive," which is a very poor argument. Fulbright even points out this makes just about zero sense! It's at least a fair contradiction, but that adds to my list of things that help me to turn my brain off. An argument follows, which forces Klavier to pull out his witness. I also noticed that Phoenix uses the "it makes no sense for the killer to plant their own fingerprints" argument, which worked now, but didn't work before for... no apparent reason. Again, I understand that you're just interested in making sure that Oldbag gets called to the stand so we can have the real twist. But these frequent tricks like this damages my ability to trust the case.

Next are the Oldbag cross-examinations. The first one is actually fine, but the conversation afterwards confused me a little. Oldbag says Edgeworth was in the room before Powers was, so I don't understand why Fulbright is so fixated on why she didn't see Edgeworth enter the room. It's not that Oldbag didn't saw something she should have, it's that Oldbag did see something she couldn't have.

The conversation afterwards... I just made lucky guesses to get through this part. You're expecting the player to have realized "when Oldbag said Powers, she actually saw someone in a Steel Samurai costume." To me, it is completely unreasonable for the player to make that conclusion. And even if they do, that still doesn't explain the contradiction I just mentioned.

Oldbag now argues from the Steel Samurai Weapons Case that the person in the Samurai costume she saw must have been Powers. To me, her following argument doesn't prove that at all. Again, I get that you just want to get to the next step of the logic, but needing to resort to contradicting a nonsense testimony just damages your credibility. As for the contradiction itself, I also don't think this one is fair. Why couldn't the Steel Samurai have just had the Spear outside his case? As for removing the spear from the case to make room for Edgeworth's body... First, the autopsy report should also be an accepted answer to show "Edgeworth's body". Second, how is a corpse going to fit in a spear-shaped hole? Third, how did Oldbag see Edgeworth in the room if he was dead and in the case?

Lastly, the claim that Edgeworth was killed in his office is more plausible than the other answers, but I still don't see why he had to have died there. Was it established that "His office was the only place the victim allegedly visited that day that wasn't crawling with witnesses!"? I don't think so.

Investigation II

Bullet point investigations everywhere.

In addition to that, it took me a while to realize I had to examine the King of Prosecutors trophy, and while I appreciate the effort that went into the psyche-locks, after we solved them, I didn't understand why either Apollo or McCair were keeping those secrets anyways. And I really don't understand McCair's client confidentiality policy. If he suspects his masks were used to commit murder, he will confront the suspected murderer himself rather than notify the police?

Trial II

I've been negative up until now, but from here on, most of the negative things I have to say are superficial, and I started enjoying the case a lot more. Although again, I was not interested during the rest of the case, and it took some time for me to warm up to it.

Klavier now gives an opening statement on the second day of trial, which is an extremely welcome change. I'd personally recommend having Klavier elaborate on why Oldbag's testimony is being thrown out. He can even point out that she neglected to mention Powers was in costume, which really damages her credibility. But overall, kudos here.

Now we move on to Powers. Before talking about the testimony, I'll say that I both really like his introduction and the idea that he is genuinely unaware of the timeline of events. That seems in-character. The testimony is fair, but I don't buy Fulbright's argument that Edgeworth would have opened the door right after knocking. Maybe Powers said he'd open the door himself, or Powers told Edgeworth to wait a minute, as he was in the middle of changing.

For the next testimony, the contradiction is fair, but I'm not fond of it. (I won't insist on this upcoming change.) Using Powers's guitar playing as a way to tell time feels contrived to me. It's a very specific habit. While I understand some people care a great deal about that, Powers doesn't come off as that detail-obsessed elsewhere. Why not just say that he heard a clock strike?

I'd recommend changing "Hide the true scene of the crime" to "Hide the true time and place of death" for clarity...

The next comment I have is when Phoenix accuses "Klavier" of being Winston Payne. I honestly thought that Klavier's strange behavior and eagerness to convict Apollo was because you really didn't like Klavier and were writing him to be hard to like. As for him having access to evidence, Gumshoe has that too. At present, I don't think the case that "Klavier" is Winston is quite clear enough.

For the argument about whether Fulbright is disguised as Phoenix or Winston is disguised as Klavier, I would think that even with hyper-realistic masks, they could just try pulling their face? Winston says "invasion of privacy," but I don't buy that argument.

Now we fast-forward to Phoenix testifying about how he is actually Phoenix and the man at the defense bench is not. I was laughing throughout most of this cross-examination; this is without a doubt the highlight of the case for me.

I don't like the idea of presenting the autopsy report to say maybe the blow to the head killed him when the autopsy says that it was bleeding out that did it. Have you considered having the autopsy be deliberately vague about which killed him, having Gumshoe (lied to by "Klavier") say he was bled out, and then having Fulbright point out the issue here?
Spoiler : Check #2: Here Be Spoilers! :
Not performed.

This is a case that I'd like to see featured someday, and I think could be featured someday. And I'm not saying this to be polite. Otherwise, I would have spared myself a lot of time and written a much shorter review. There is something worth building on with the idea of a Fulbright protagonist, and especially the Phoenix vs Phoenix cross-examination. But the case isn't ready yet.

I don't know you well enough to guess what you're feeling right now with confidence, but if you're like me when I started, yeah, you're further aware from the feature star than you wanted, and that doesn't feel great. Don't become so avoidant of bad news that you give up. There is an idea worth polishing here. But don't try to get into a frenzy of activity to blow past that disappointment either. The review will still be around.

When you're ready to resume the case, the first thing I recommend you do is play some canon cases to see how they handle their investigations. A good place to start is when you first meet the detective on-scene. And of course, you can ask me to clarify anything. Good luck!
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

Enth asked me to take a look at this trial! Having played through it, a few comments:

* This trial is goofy, and usually, the goofiness pays off. I have a soft spots for trials that take the absurdity of the AA universe and crank it up a little, so this worked for me.

* What was a bit less effective was the way the case pretty much only had one tone; unrelieved, continual goofiness can tend to wear a person down. It would have helped if at least some of the writing had pushed harder to raise the stakes or create contrast. Some seriousness might have actually been appreciated.

* In particular, it seemed to me as if giant bluffing leaps of speculation were accepted much too quickly. While this kept the plot fast-paced and light, it also meant that no particular revelation had as much heft to it as it might have. There wasn't any one particular puzzle or reveal that stood out to me. Everything felt fluffy, and while that's preferable to a trial that takes itself too damn seriously, it still makes it harder to invest in the outcome.

* It was pretty easy to see the killer's identity coming, but that was fine. This isn't the sort of case one plays to be stumped, and fair cluing is more valuable than surprise.

* Most of the places where multiple pieces of evidence should be accepted did, in fact, take them, but there are a few places where additional acceptable answers would have been nice.

* Lots of clever use of AAO effects, especially in the final breakdown. The Psyche-Locks were well-executed as well.

* The investigation pacing was a little sluggish at times; the case forces us to examine many items, but doesn't always call attention to them well. I had to use the cheating trick of looking at the linked page numbers in the bottom-left of the browser to advance.

Overall, this one was fun! It executes a ridiculous conceit well and doesn't let itself get slowed down. The jokes fly fast and furious, and even if the characterization is pretty shallow, that's kind of what you expect coming in. Solid.
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
coolbrad888

Post by coolbrad888 »

Thanks for your insights! I was originally planning to go back and fix this trial up after the QA review, but I ended up deciding that the core issues would be too much of a hassle to iron out completely. I think I ended up focusing too much on trying to riff on the AA universe, and not enough on the other aspects that make a good trial a great one. I had decided what I wanted to eventually happen, but I had to cheat a little to get the characters to come to those conclusions. If I ever make another trial, I'll try and make the characters more consistent and make the investigations less picky. (And I'll make it a lot shorter. This project stole a bit more of my soul than I would have liked.)

Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

Trying to make a shorter, focused game sounds good! You definitely have the basics down and a good sense of style and fairness, so I think that could turn out excellently.
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
applekitty

Post by applekitty »

LOVED playing this case... Was liveblogging nearly the whole thing with my friend and he loved it too. Here's a compilation of our reactions to the first part and second part (read from left to right). Obvious spoilers are obvious... And for some more comprehensible feedback...
Totally didn't expect Winston to be impersonating people! Really loved that twist especially. I was expecting Mccair to just be Luke living his best life under a new identity (I know he's just an OC using his base but the Zvarris did throw me off a little :P) and also to be the murderer but man. Winston time!!! Seeing Fulbright knock a man clean unconscious, I loved that to be honest. The things one must do for 'justice'... Hehehhee >:P...
I'm glad you gave Fulbright a little fun game to be honest, he's rare to see on this site. At least, in my experience he is.

Super enjoyable!!! Loved it.
ImageImageImage
coolbrad888

Post by coolbrad888 »

ChingKittyCat wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:04 am LOVED playing this case... Was liveblogging nearly the whole thing with my friend and he loved it too. Here's a compilation of our reactions to the first part and second part (read from left to right). Obvious spoilers are obvious... And for some more comprehensible feedback...
Totally didn't expect Winston to be impersonating people! Really loved that twist especially. I was expecting Mccair to just be Luke living his best life under a new identity (I know he's just an OC using his base but the Zvarris did throw me off a little :P) and also to be the murderer but man. Winston time!!! Seeing Fulbright knock a man clean unconscious, I loved that to be honest. The things one must do for 'justice'... Hehehhee >:P...
I'm glad you gave Fulbright a little fun game to be honest, he's rare to see on this site. At least, in my experience he is.

Super enjoyable!!! Loved it.
Oh wow, this was quite a surprise! Honestly thought this case would be forgotten to time so I was a bit shocked when I got the notif. I looked over your reactions with my sister and had an awesome time doing it, I'm honestly really glad you took the time to put that together. Always nice to see another fulbright fan, and I suppose I'm obligated now to include the real luke atmey if/when I eventually make another case. I also loved how you repeatedly called Winston a girlboss, that made me laugh out loud multiple times. I hope you didn't have too many technical problems with it, I noticed the last time I played through it that some of the oldbag talking sprites had mysteriously disappeared, among a few other sketchy things that happened as the site changed over the last year. Either way, it looks like you enjoyed it, so thanks!

applekitty

Post by applekitty »

coolbrad888 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:57 am
Oh wow, this was quite a surprise! Honestly thought this case would be forgotten to time so I was a bit shocked when I got the notif. I looked over your reactions with my sister and had an awesome time doing it, I'm honestly really glad you took the time to put that together. Always nice to see another fulbright fan, and I suppose I'm obligated now to include the real luke atmey if/when I eventually make another case. I also loved how you repeatedly called Winston a girlboss, that made me laugh out loud multiple times. I hope you didn't have too many technical problems with it, I noticed the last time I played through it that some of the oldbag talking sprites had mysteriously disappeared, among a few other sketchy things that happened as the site changed over the last year. Either way, it looks like you enjoyed it, so thanks!
Oh, nothing major to be honest. Just some Oldbag flickering that I easily was able to look past. Everything else was perfectly fine, and I was playing on Chrome (which is apparently buggier).

I feel like including as much reactions as possible is always the best way to get another content creator to know how much you like what they've made! Provides a lot of feedback and motivation! So, a documentation of liveblogging was just an absolute necessity. <3

Winston absolutely was a girlboss in this case. Never gonna forget.
ImageImageImage
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

If there are problems with sprites flickering, my first recommendation is always to refresh your browser's cache. If you're still having problems, let me know. I can look into whether it's a bug. I wouldn't expect Firefox or Chrome to be significantly worse for this. (And in general, we want AAO to support both Firefox and Chrome!)
AFan!

Post by AFan! »

Bro I loved this case it was amazing! It was funny and everything made perfect sense. 10/10