Broken Commandments

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Awsome2464
Spoken languages: English

Re: Broken Commandments

Post by Awsome2464 »

Blackrune wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:31 am Pray forgive the discourtesy of joining this nostalgic bout.
Discourtesy forgiven. Blackrune officially added. Good luck!
Image Image
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

¿Acid Rain? wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:13 am ey good luck to all the entrants
Spoiler : :
this man gets it
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

That meme hurts.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Screw Ronald Knox? I'll have you know that Sponge and I are TRUE pure-blooded Ace Attorney fans. After playing The GREAT Ace Attorney (Mr. Shu Takumi's finest work if I don't say so myself), we knew for a fact that we MUST make another fan case. Long before the inception of this "trial competition", it was our mission to slay our rivals and make THE BEST (not to be confused with Debeste) fan case on this website. As for the theme itself? Sure, I can admit that it does a grand job at setting the stage for our entry... HOWEVER! What drives the soul of our masterpiece is to create an Ace Attorney case that anyone could enjoy. So next time someone suggests that we returned to this historic scene just to spite some old dead mystery nerd, remember that our victory came from an unyielding passion towards this PERFECT lawyer-simulation adventure game!
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

meanwhile, i am definitely in this to spite some old dead mystery nerd
TimeAxis

Post by TimeAxis »

I'm not personally familiar with any of the veterans returning from oblivion to join this competition, but I'm happy they're joining (even if it will mean having to play through a lot of cases). I'll be making my judgements of everyone's cases from the same neutral perspective, without any preconceptions, so we'll see how that turns out.

There are about 8 weeks left, which is still plenty of time even if some people haven't started yet, so I hope everyone does their best. I love mysteries and I'm eager to see everyone's takes on the genre when the time comes.
Question Arcs (Threads Coming Eventually)
ImageImageImageImage
Gaiden Episodes
Champion of Turnabouts ★
HALLOWEEN HERO
Other
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attornauts
The Curious Case of the Phantom Limousine (Coming Eventually)
The Imposter's Turnabout (Coming Maybe)
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

TimeAxis wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:31 pm I'm not personally familiar with any of the veterans returning from oblivion to join this competition, but I'm happy they're joining (even if it will mean having to play through a lot of cases).
You don't know what hell awaits you. I don't envy any judge with this lineup.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

TimeAxis wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:31 pm I love mysteries and I'm eager to see everyone's takes on the genre when the time comes.
it's okay, we'll extinguish that love and turn it into finely-tuned cynicism

you ever seen a guy in a crow costume run into an blind alley and disappear? that changes you
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

SuperAj3 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:50 pm This is exciting to see so many entries! I kinda want to offer sprite support again but IDK if I'll have time. If you get in early, I might be able to do one or 2 poses for a new OC :hello: (nothing more bc then I'm gonna be overloaded)
Just saying I may not have time anymore to keep this offer open. If you have any requests, I'll accept them until the end of this week.

I feel like there are just too many entrants for me not to want to help in some way!
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Post by risefromtheashes »

SuperAj3 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:24 am
SuperAj3 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:50 pm This is exciting to see so many entries! I kinda want to offer sprite support again but IDK if I'll have time. If you get in early, I might be able to do one or 2 poses for a new OC :hello: (nothing more bc then I'm gonna be overloaded)
Just saying I may not have time anymore to keep this offer open. If you have any requests, I'll accept them until the end of this week.

I feel like there are just too many entrants for me not to want to help in some way!
For me, the end of the week was 2 hours after you posted that. So I guess I'm screwed. /j

...Oh wait, you're a time traveller. Forgot.
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!
SuperAj3

Post by SuperAj3 »

risefromtheashes wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:02 pm

For me, the end of the week was 2 hours after you posted that. So I guess I'm screwed. /j

...Oh wait, you're a time traveller. Forgot.
LOL I posted this on a Monday my time so you can still request.
I already got one request so keep em coming!

I should clarify I can do additional poses for existing OCs or characters if need be too. Not just brand new ones. I just like designing haha
ImageImageImageImage
Spongesonic

Post by Spongesonic »

I think Try and I are good on character sprites. However, if you'd be willing to try your hand at pop-up graphics, we could definitely use some.
Winner of the "Broken Commandments" Case Competition
-------
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.

Misc. Information
Steam: spongesonic
Youtube: SpongesonicPictures
SuperAj3

Post by SuperAj3 »

Spongesonic IN COURT wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:58 pm

I think Try and I are good on character sprites. However, if you'd be willing to try your hand at pop-up graphics, we could definitely use some.
Let me know what you have in mind, I'll see what I can do!
ImageImageImageImage
XavierWright

Post by XavierWright »

I'll be withdrawing from the competition, due to the fact that I've lost interest in the idea that I've come up with, and I've failed to come up with any other ideas that fit the theme. I'm really sorry about this, but I still look forward to seeing what everyone else makes.
Awsome2464

Post by Awsome2464 »

No need to apologize; these things happen sometimes.

XavierWright officially withdrawn
Image Image