[T] Turnabout Mugging ★

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

AshuraMage
Spoken languages: English/Portuguese

Re: [T] Turnabout Mugging ★

Post by AshuraMage »

migueloukao wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:41 pm
AshuraMage wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:41 am Hey, I am playing through the case and I´ve reached some parts where I think it was supposed to play an objection track(for example, when you beat McQueen´s testimony) and it just stays silent, maybe it´s a problem with my pc, I don´t know.
Also, the sound doesn´t fully load for me and I have alreaded reloaded the page 5 times
Hey there! I checked the editor, just to be sure, but all OST seems to be working just fine. As XavierWright has posted above, it seems there is some AAO-wide issue? I haven't read about it myself, but that should be it. As general advice, I'd recommend waiting until they fix it to play, as music is a big part of atmosphere and scene climaxes. That's just my opinion, though.
Ok then, so I will just wait :gumshoe:
In 2021 I was bored and made an AMV that now has 100K+ views
migueloukao
Spoken languages: English; Portuguese

Post by migueloukao »

AshuraMage wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:00 pm
migueloukao wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:41 pm
AshuraMage wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:41 am Hey, I am playing through the case and I´ve reached some parts where I think it was supposed to play an objection track(for example, when you beat McQueen´s testimony) and it just stays silent, maybe it´s a problem with my pc, I don´t know.
Also, the sound doesn´t fully load for me and I have alreaded reloaded the page 5 times
Hey there! I checked the editor, just to be sure, but all OST seems to be working just fine. As XavierWright has posted above, it seems there is some AAO-wide issue? I haven't read about it myself, but that should be it. As general advice, I'd recommend waiting until they fix it to play, as music is a big part of atmosphere and scene climaxes. That's just my opinion, though.
Ok then, so I will just wait :gumshoe:
From what I've checked, it seems the problem was fixed! Give it a try now!
AshuraMage
Spoken languages: English/Portuguese

Post by AshuraMage »

From what I've checked, it seems the problem was fixed! Give it a try now!
YESSSSSS!!!

I am a bit busy now, but I will definitely give it a try when I am free
In 2021 I was bored and made an AMV that now has 100K+ views
Msipp26
Spoken languages: English

Post by Msipp26 »

very good case I didn't notice anything bad, other than the luck aspect that I feel is just the protagonist misunderstanding the case, I liked the jokes

I especially like that it's a locked room without taking place in an actual locked room, cases with literal locked rooms are cliché
Spoiler : Luck aspect :
the case could be a suicide, all things considered, considering that the victim was betrayed by his only friend...as evidenced in the extras, and that a shot like that could be self-inflicted, the only thing that doesn't gel is the alleged talking down, however, that could be a partial lie, Luck is generally considered bad writing, however, I'm willing to let it slide considering there's an alternative explanation of events that works with it, the tears of the alleged culprit support this as well...I'd personally like to know if this theory has any basis, or if it was intended, purely out of curiosity, death of the author and all that
Last edited by Msipp26 on Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
:dekiller:
just a guy with a lot of ideas but who isn't very good at executing them.

THERE ARE MYSTERIES OTHER THAN LOCKED ROOMS, YOU GUYS. NOT EVERY CASE HAS TO BE A LOCKED ROOM MYSTERY.

comment "Danganronpa chapter 3" on any trial with more than one murder
migueloukao

Post by migueloukao »

Hey, glad you liked the case!

As for your question the 'luck aspect' part, I didn't really understand what you meant, could you rephrase or clarify?
Msipp26

Post by Msipp26 »

migueloukao wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:27 am Hey, glad you liked the case!

As for your question the 'luck aspect' part, I didn't really understand what you meant, could you rephrase or clarify?
Spoiler : anwser :
I just had a running theory in my head that the case was a suicide instead of the coincidence of the witness thinking the culprit took something, the fact that the 'culprit' checked if his friend was dead by touch indicates that they were not expecting the victim to die, basically I'm trying to purpose an alternate theory that explains the witness' coincidental mistake and having everyone mistake a suicide victim as a murder victim fits nicely with the running theme of coincidence while still making a satisfying conclusion, I mean, the current ending isn't as bad as a certain case in GAA, but it could definitely use a little work to make the ending feel satisfying
:dekiller:
just a guy with a lot of ideas but who isn't very good at executing them.

THERE ARE MYSTERIES OTHER THAN LOCKED ROOMS, YOU GUYS. NOT EVERY CASE HAS TO BE A LOCKED ROOM MYSTERY.

comment "Danganronpa chapter 3" on any trial with more than one murder
migueloukao

Post by migueloukao »

Msipp26 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:49 am
migueloukao wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:27 am Hey, glad you liked the case!

Spoiler : anwser :
I just had a running theory in my head that the case was a suicide instead of the coincidence of the witness thinking the culprit took something, the fact that the 'culprit' checked if his friend was dead by touch indicates that they were not expecting the victim to die, basically I'm trying to purpose an alternate theory that explains the witness' coincidental mistake and having everyone mistake a suicide victim as a murder victim fits nicely with the running theme of coincidence while still making a satisfying conclusion, I mean, the current ending isn't as bad as a certain case in GAA, but it could definitely use a little work to make the ending feel satisfying
Spoiler : Oh, I see. :
It was never my intention to have a suicide theory, no. Rather, the intention of the luck thing at the end was for Dougal to feel as if he did not win by merit, but by sheer luck of the evidence and witnesses aligning in such a way that allowed him to reach victory with a series of false conclusions. By no means, though, did I mean for the victory to 'feel' like luck. Dougal is not the player; Dougal is Dougal. He has his own feelings about himself and what happened, and is meant to reach conclusions that are not necessarily true or in agreement with the player. That is why he has a very present/active personality instead of just behaving like an empty vessel for the player to project onto.

That is not a message or theme from me, the author, to you, the player; That is just the conclusion that he, an independent character, reached on his own. Also, I do write things with an entire arc in mind, so I intended to leave a lead for future potential cases which would continue to play off his character development and others.

Regarding whether it felt anti-climactic or not, that wasn't my intention. Personally, I believe it is fine, but that much is obvious since I am the author.

I appreciate the feedback!
成步堂春美
Spoken languages: 汉语

Post by 成步堂春美 »

:phoenix: I really love this case.I plan to recommend this case to my friends and let more people know its charm. :pearlhappy:
migueloukao

Post by migueloukao »

成步堂春美 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:34 pm :phoenix: I really love this case.I plan to recommend this case to my friends and let more people know its charm. :pearlhappy:
I'm happy to know you loved it! Tell your friends and family xD!
icannothinkofaname

Post by icannothinkofaname »

I remember really enjoying this case the first time I played it, and after another playthrough I can see just why I liked it so much. My favourite part of any Ace Attorney game (and fancase) is the characters, and the ones you've introduced here are really good. I felt like they each stood out strongly from each other, and even with the ones who used default sprites they were written in a way where they felt like fully realized separate characters from their base. I loved the interactions between Dougal and his boss, between him and the prosecutor - honestly all of the interactions were gold. And not to spoil too much, but the moral dilemma was also written really well.

Also, and most importantly. McQueen best character 10/10.
migueloukao

Post by migueloukao »

icannothinkofaname wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:03 am I remember really enjoying this case the first time I played it, and after another playthrough I can see just why I liked it so much. My favourite part of any Ace Attorney game (and fancase) is the characters, and the ones you've introduced here are really good. I felt like they each stood out strongly from each other, and even with the ones who used default sprites they were written in a way where they felt like fully realized separate characters from their base. I loved the interactions between Dougal and his boss, between him and the prosecutor - honestly all of the interactions were gold. And not to spoil too much, but the moral dilemma was also written really well.

Also, and most importantly. McQueen best character 10/10.
Hey, that's a big compliment, I'm glad you enjoyed it enough to play twice!
Thank you for the kind words!
necrogirl

Post by necrogirl »

the walkthrough is wrong in dougal's argument 2: you say to object back then accuse his honor of wasting time but that's impossible, if you object back you don't get the option to accuse his honor of wasting time. I have tried everything to get past this section but nothing works. the solution presented in the walkthrough simply can't be done.
edit: started the case over and it worked okay that time, maybe it's a bug related to starting that section over.
migueloukao

Post by migueloukao »

necrogirl wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:47 am the walkthrough is wrong in dougal's argument 2: you say to object back then accuse his honor of wasting time but that's impossible, if you object back you don't get the option to accuse his honor of wasting time. I have tried everything to get past this section but nothing works. the solution presented in the walkthrough simply can't be done.
edit: started the case over and it worked okay that time, maybe it's a bug related to starting that section over.
I'll look into this as soon as I can. Thank you. I'm glad you were able to get through.

Edit: I had a look and couldn't find the issue. If someone else runs into this, please let me know.