[T][CE][DGS♫][SoJ♫] Curiosity of a Turnabout ●

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Deck Attorney
Spoken languages: English

Re: [T][CE][DGS♫][SoJ♫] Curiosity of a Turnabout ●

Post by Deck Attorney »

Blackrune wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:53 pm
ForTheLoveOfGodot wrote:Man that was cool! I honestly think this case uses magic better than the Layton crossover did. One question about the ending:
SPOILERS:
Spoiler : :
In the ending where you side with the outcast, it's mentioned that there have been strange disappearances in the town. Is this detail just a throwaway thing, or is that answered somewhere else that I missed?
    The answer to that isn't in this game. The reason I hinted at some unresolved plot points there was mainly because I felt like being meta with "you picked the uncertain future". If there ever ends up being a sequel I might explain it though.
    I know I am a little late but
    I have an idea on who the phantom might be, I can make a theory of it being just one person, and I can narrow down the list of suspects
    Let's start with the spell
    SPELL name: Reanimation Remote(or something)
    PRO: Can reanimate inanimate objects
    CON: Can only reanimate one object at a time
    Additional note: Causes the SPELL user to see whatever that object is seeing, meaning the distance from the user doesn't matter.
    How would that help in covering the phantom's tracks?
    what "part of the phantom" was revealed
    The "part of the phantom" is the Great Guardian
    Didn't you say the phantom is a single entity?
    The Great Guardian is dead. When I said inanimate objects, that included dead bodies
    Then why is the safe haven still there?
    When reanimating a dead person, the phantom also gains access to their SPELL. They used it to reset the barrier.
    But wouldn't he be protected with Undying Dream?
    Undying Dream protects you from unnatural death. A heart attack would be considered natural as it is your body that is killing you. The great guardian died during the breach where haunters broke in. The phantom could've used their spell to turn off the lights and then used the tv or something similar to display two glowing eyes. The great guardian must've thought a haunter broke into his castle. Since they are immune to SPELLs(except safe haven), great guardian must've thought undying dream wasn't an exception. Since he was already an old man and was extremely afraid of death, such immense fear of being seen by the haunter caused him to die of a heart attack.(there was enough light for him to be seen by a haunter but not enough for him to spot a tv, as the screen of a tv is black and thus harder to spot)
    Why didn't he reset the barrier upon spotting a haunter?
    The fact that resetting the barrier got rid of haunters was actually a lie by the phantom. In fact, there was never a haunter to begin with! The phantom simply used the trick mentioned above to make people think a haunter had broken in. That also explains why there was only one haunter that had broken in: it would've been difficult to make people think there was more than one haunter considering the phantom's spell limit.
    Also, the time of when the great guardian was informed was also a lie, the great guardian actually found out earlier, causing to panic and think a haunter might've broken in in the first place.
    What would be the point of reanimating the great guardian anyway?
    It's how the phantom covered their tracks. With the help of the great guardian, the phantom could've easily tampered with the records. The phantom simply killed kat's best friends, and then reanimated their bodies and made them walk into something like impure river or a similar place, which is why none of their bodies were found. And then reanimate great guardian to tamper the body count. All this happened at night, as then nobody would've that the great guardian was dead as he would've been in his bedroom(Also, the monsters take some time to reach safe haven as seen in the disruption ending).
    What was the motive of the murders anyway?
    Since the phantom is acquaintances with kat(and linus too), it's possible that they knew kat's best friends and developed a motive
    Alternatively, maybe the motive wasn't developed until recently, maybe they witnessed something that incriminates the phantom, but didn't tell the authorities immediately as they shared anti-GF sentiment with kat as they were his best friends.
    But keeping them alive would be too much of a risk as the word could still spread to the authorities.
    So who could this phantom be?
    The phantom must be someone related to the outcast, here's why:
    I highly doubt a 15 year old girl would survive in such a dangerous environment alone. So my theory is: the outcast actually died but then was actually reanimated by the phantom. The reason the outcast was smiling even though she thought her daughter might not go by her plan, was because it was actually the phantom and had the backup plan of killing her and then reanimating her.
    It also doesn't make sense how the outcast gained knowledge of linus and kat unless the phantom(someone inside the safe haven) was controlling her.
    Since the outcast still had hatred for humanity, the phantom must be someone close to the outcast.
    This is also implied by the great guardian's strange behavior after the verdict(when linus was talking about the outcast).
    Also another interesting thing is the fact that the outcast is referred to as "he". What if the person talia porter saw wasn't the outcast but the phantom? This would also mean that the phantom is actually a male, further narrowing it down to male relatives of the outcast: either a best friend or someone blood related.
    But wait! What about the outcast's husband? The only one it'd make sense to be would be the phantom, so the phantom must be the outcast's close friend. That'd also make it easier for him to cover his connection to the outcast.
    Current suspects: Long Gong, Shawn Wood, Vance Pire.
    But then wasn't the outcast dead and controlled by the phantom?
    You're right. I wrongly made the assumption that the outcast was killed by the monsters, but what if monsters don't attack humans without a SPELL (I'll explain why that might be possible later)? What if the cause of death was actually child birth instead? It would've been quite difficult to survive without a hospital. It'd also not make sense how an old woman would protect her daughter all these years, even if it was actually the phantom.
    And what if the original plan wasn't to destroy humanity? What if the death of the outcast led to him despising humanity and wanting to destroy it?
    Spoiler : Ghost Trick :
    Right, about the monsters.
    First, let's start with how SPELLs came into existence.
    Remember that a research on temsik was being conducted, and we knew very little about it? Well, what if the research was successful? Remember how sissel could use ghost tricks but didn't had low range? Or missile having higher range and being able to swap objects of similar shape but not being able to use ghost tricks? It seems temsik has a balancing property, kinda like SPELLs.
    It's possible they discovered similar meteorites elsewhere(that didn't have the changing with time property) and managed to alter the human dna to have similar properties in them.
    What about the monsters?
    They must be aliens humans discovered alongside meteorites, and the reason they only attack humans with a SPELL is because they are built to only attack native species, so SPELL-less humans are pretty much aliens to them.
    And I think that's it.
    Let me know if there are any holes in my theory.
    Deck Attorney

Post by Deck Attorney »

RashFaustinho wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:28 pm
    I'm quite confused from the fact that Adrian didn't found any SPELL traces on the body when the Apprentice clearly put his mark on it. It is revealed that its spell doesn't leave a trace that can be found by Adrian's power, but why is that?
    Yes, the spell the victim casted on himself is redirected, so it can make sense it doesn't leave traces, but Adrian should've been still able that the victim was marked by a spell, the defendant's one... right?
    Not sure if I lost/forgot a plot point here.
    I believe I have an explanation for that
    It's the defendant's spell.
    I guess Adrian's spell sorta counts a spell being applied, so it is redirected by T. Deviation.
    The reason this wasn't used to explain the lack of spells is because if Nils HAD marked the victim, then any spell would've been redirected, so it wouldn't have been applied.
    And he would have no reason to mark the victim after a spell had been used on him.(Plus, they could just ask the defendant when he marked him.)
    Msipp26

Post by Msipp26 »

spelling error on the 4th page of the newspaper, it says Th Great Guardian instead of The Great..(etc)

second typo
    https://pasteboard.co/ct0eGtVcPWop.png

also, the spell rulebook says it can take until 18 to get a spell, it's entirely possible not to have a spell after 15 by these rules, plus the outcast report uses exclusively male pronouns for the outcast, when it's stated that they are female, though, I'm willing to look past that and say it was a mistake on the part of the victim
    :dekiller:
    just a guy with a lot of ideas but who isn't very good at executing them.

THERE ARE MYSTERIES OTHER THAN LOCKED ROOMS, YOU GUYS. NOT EVERY CASE HAS TO BE A LOCKED ROOM MYSTERY.

comment "Danganronpa chapter 3" on any trial with more than one murder