[T] Overcaffeinated: An Ace Attorney Story

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

keepthebeat929
Spoken languages: English

[T] Overcaffeinated: An Ace Attorney Story

Post by keepthebeat929 »

Hello,

After being a lurker here around 10 years ago, I finally found the inspiration for a story and the motivation to stay with it... at least for one case, so far.

Presenting Overcaffeinated: An Ace Attorney Story.

Overview:

Have you ever wondered what the characters we know and love were doing during the 7-year gap between the classic trilogy / Investigations duology, and AA4? Overcaffeinated attempts to answer that question with regard to some cast members we haven't heard from in a very long time, starring one java-fueled returning attorney :godot: and a hyperactive unlikely partner :maggey: .

Case 1 -- Turnabout Boutique: Complete!

Play here: https://aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=144213
Watch here: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCwb ... yYTe7NMtaC

Synopsis: A quick, introductory trial-only case to get the partnership between Diego and Maggey off the ground. A familiar face finds himself on trial for stealing an expensive ring from a boutique.

Case 2: Writing in progress!
Spoiler : :
"I wish you were still here, Mia. I wonder what things would be like..."
Case 3: In planning stages!
A turf war between the Kitakis and Cadaverinis inevitably ends in bloodshed. Can Diego and Maggey find the truth?
Case 4: In planning stages (with an ending already written)!
Aren't weddings just the best? You are cordially invited to celebrate the union of Dick Gumshoe and Maggey Byrde! I sure hope nothing goes wrong!
I hope you all enjoy. I playtested over and over to try and make sure I got the "feel" down. I did identify a couple mistakes with the Court Record that I was way too deep in to correct by the time I realized it, but I've learned something for next time.
Last edited by keepthebeat929 on Mon May 29, 2023 1:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
casewriter

Re: [T] Overcaffeinated: An Ace Attorney Story

Post by casewriter »

This looks like it could be a good start to a new series! I did notice the problems, especially with the gavels, re-used evidence, fade-ins and fade-outs, and objections signs, but the rest is pretty well done! It could definitely use some re-working, but i'm excited to see where this goes!
keepthebeat929

Post by keepthebeat929 »

casewriter wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:05 am This looks like it could be a good start to a new series! I did notice the problems, especially with the gavels, re-used evidence, fade-ins and fade-outs, and objections signs, but the rest is pretty well done! It could definitely use some re-working, but i'm excited to see where this goes!
The fades and gavels and everything? That's a bummer. Guess I thought I had a better handle on the flow than I really did. I'll have to play some more trials and try to get the "feel" down. Whatever people think of the story is fine, the most important thing to me besides staying true to the canon characters was replicating how playing AA actually felt. I'll work on it.
Tibi1234
Spoken languages: English, Romanian

Post by Tibi1234 »

I enjoyed your fancase quite a lot! The idea of having a fan game focusing on Godot as a defense attorney with Maggey as his partner is really a neat idea! I'll certainly keep an eye out on your case.
casewriter

Post by casewriter »

Yo, take your time in making the next case. I'm sure it'll be even better than before.
keepthebeat929

Post by keepthebeat929 »

Update: Probably a couple months overdue, but Case 1 has been recorded and posted to YouTube (link in original post), if folks are more inclined to watch than play (I'm the same way), with some tweaks made to fades and dialogue.

Also, I have switched around the concepts I had for Case 2 and Case 3. I believe it will flow better that way.