Resources: AA OC Collection!

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

casewriter
Spoken languages: English

Re: Resources: AA OC Collection! Formerly known as the random characters for people to use thread.

Post by casewriter »

Here are some of my favorite AA online characters. This is just my personal opinion, so notify your favorites to me below! Also, I'll be limiting myself to one character per creator, so I'm not biased. Anyway, here we go! :phoenix:

Jack Mason, by June-Pie - Jack is definitely one of my favorite custom attorneys/prosecutors! He's so expressive, in a way that is a exaggerated, but still keeping in the boundaries of reality. He also has a very good design, being very cute in every one of his sprites! He's definitely got protagonist material! :maya:

Mako White (newer set), by FenrirDarkWolf - This guy has to be my favorite custom prosecutor, hands down. He has such a mysterious, yet cool and calculating vibe to him, while also being laidback, which is a lot shown in just a few sprites. He definitely has main prosecutor material, and even a good first case prosecutor! He also has a lot more sprites than some other prosecutors, so that's a plus. :phoenix:

Sheriff Rodrick Hayes, by BynineB - This guy has got such an amazing old west theme going on. :jake: He almost reminds me of an Earthbound character, with all the details on him. Great shading, and amazing expressions. Straight to the point, like how he would want you to be.

Rea-Connie Sontz, by CallMeBlue - Her design is very endearing. She reminds me of the hamburgler mascot from McDonald's for some reason, be that intentional or not. :calisto: Some very fluid animations with the laughing and damage sprite, which I especially love by the way. I always like to see damage sprites in fan characters.

Hannah Flower, by Ann-nna - Hannah is definitely one of the characters with the most potential, especially in a multi-case long series, or one where she is a main character, seeing as she has over 20 expressions. :shock: A lot of thought was put in, and it is noticeable. She has a lot of mid-expression animations, which bring a real liveliness to the character. I could say a lot more, but I'll stop here and let you decide. :april:

Lilly M. Tell, by DragonTrainer - She's definitely the troublemaker looking type, but she's so adorable, I can't help but love her. :pearlhappy: She has a lot of expressions, especially multiple happy and sad expressions, which is good as it can show a progressiveness in happiness or sadness, instead of being more stilted. The movements, especially the jumping and blinking, are top notch as well. :apollo:

Ali Care, by Hesseldahl - Ali has a lot of vivid and dark blues and whites, which I don't see a lot in other custom, and canon characters, so the color palette change is appreciated. Unlike some other fan characters, it doesn't look like Ali uses any base sprites. All the other sprites are still great, don't get me wrong, but some feel way too frankenspritey, if that's a word. :shock: A very homely looking character, as well. :maya:

Leone Magine, by Radian - I love how Leone is never almost never seen in one body position. For a lot of characters, they just have one body position that stays in one spot, the things changing being arm, face, and head movements. Here, Leone is twisting her body upwards, looking sideways, looking straight ahead, and it gives a real dynamicness. I also like how she pulls her pigtails in some expressions. :calisto:

So that's all I have! Actually, there are many others I could talk about, but then I would be gushing all day. Tell me some of your favorites. Anyway, have a wonderful day, everyone! :fran:
Ann-nna
Spoken languages: English, German

Re: Resources: AA OC Collection! Formerly known as the random characters for people to use thread.

Post by Ann-nna »

casewriter wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:41 am Hannah Flower, by Ann-nna - Hannah is definitely one of the characters with the most potential, especially in a multi-case long series, or one where she is a main character, seeing as she has over 20 expressions. :shock: A lot of thought was put in, and it is noticeable. She has a lot of mid-expression animations, which bring a real liveliness to the character. I could say a lot more, but I'll stop here and let you decide. :april:
You have no idea how happy this makes me, thanks! :larry:
June-pie

Post by June-pie »

casewriter wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:41 am Here are some of my favorite AA online characters. This is just my personal opinion, so notify your favorites to me below! Also, I'll be limiting myself to one character per creator, so I'm not biased. Anyway, here we go! :phoenix:

Jack Mason, by June-Pie - Jack is definitely one of my favorite custom attorneys/prosecutors! He's so expressive, in a way that is a exaggerated, but still keeping in the boundaries of reality. He also has a very good design, being very cute in every one of his sprites! He's definitely got protagonist material! :maya:

Mako White (newer set), by FenrirDarkWolf - This guy has to be my favorite custom prosecutor, hands down. He has such a mysterious, yet cool and calculating vibe to him, while also being laidback, which is a lot shown in just a few sprites. He definitely has main prosecutor material, and even a good first case prosecutor! He also has a lot more sprites than some other prosecutors, so that's a plus. :phoenix:

Sheriff Rodrick Hayes, by BynineB - This guy has got such an amazing old west theme going on. :jake: He almost reminds me of an Earthbound character, with all the details on him. Great shading, and amazing expressions. Straight to the point, like how he would want you to be.

Rea-Connie Sontz, by CallMeBlue - Her design is very endearing. She reminds me of the hamburgler mascot from McDonald's for some reason, be that intentional or not. :calisto: Some very fluid animations with the laughing and damage sprite, which I especially love by the way. I always like to see damage sprites in fan characters.

Hannah Flower, by Ann-nna - Hannah is definitely one of the characters with the most potential, especially in a multi-case long series, or one where she is a main character, seeing as she has over 20 expressions. :shock: A lot of thought was put in, and it is noticeable. She has a lot of mid-expression animations, which bring a real liveliness to the character. I could say a lot more, but I'll stop here and let you decide. :april:

Lilly M. Tell, by DragonTrainer - She's definitely the troublemaker looking type, but she's so adorable, I can't help but love her. :pearlhappy: She has a lot of expressions, especially multiple happy and sad expressions, which is good as it can show a progressiveness in happiness or sadness, instead of being more stilted. The movements, especially the jumping and blinking, are top notch as well. :apollo:

Ali Care, by Hesseldahl - Ali has a lot of vivid and dark blues and whites, which I don't see a lot in other custom, and canon characters, so the color palette change is appreciated. Unlike some other fan characters, it doesn't look like Ali uses any base sprites. All the other sprites are still great, don't get me wrong, but some feel way too frankenspritey, if that's a word. :shock: A very homely looking character, as well. :maya:

Leone Magine, by Radian - I love how Leone is never almost never seen in one body position. For a lot of characters, they just have one body position that stays in one spot, the things changing being arm, face, and head movements. Here, Leone is twisting her body upwards, looking sideways, looking straight ahead, and it gives a real dynamicness. I also like how she pulls her pigtails in some expressions. :calisto:

So that's all I have! Actually, there are many others I could talk about, but then I would be gushing all day. Tell me some of your favorites. Anyway, have a wonderful day, everyone! :fran:
Ah shucks!! Yeah Jack Mason seems to be a fan favorite among my characters! I really appreciate the kind words. :)
"YES, funky!"
TimeAxis

Post by TimeAxis »

I've decided to make some of my sprites free to use. They're pre-existing characters, but nothing stopping people from using them how they want to. All are free to use with credit.

Kino from Kino's Journey

Kazuya from Kaiji

Teiai Goon (1) from Kaiji

Teiai Goon (2) from Kaiji
Question Arcs (Threads Coming Eventually)
ImageImageImageImage
Gaiden Episodes
Champion of Turnabouts ★
HALLOWEEN HERO
Other
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attornauts
The Curious Case of the Phantom Limousine (Coming Eventually)
The Imposter's Turnabout (Coming Maybe)
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

Ayy! I should still have access to the doc. I'll update this tonight if June-Pie hasn't already.

Also June-Pie if you want, I can take over the thread? Up to you
Last edited by SuperAj3 on Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
casewriter

Post by casewriter »

TimeAxis wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:28 am I've decided to make some of my sprites free to use. They're pre-existing characters, but nothing stopping people from using them how they want to. All are free to use with credit.

Kino from Kino's Journey

Kazuya from Kaiji

Hey, TimeAxis. I want to give you some credit. These sprites have really nice designs, and are very fluid. Kino, whenever he lifts or puts down his goggles looks really good. I like how the bodyguards look like they are talking way too fast, as it looks unique to many other sprites I've seen.

However, I'm sorry but there just isn't enough meat to these characters. What I mean is that they have one, or at most two noticeable expressions, which is not enough to sprites to be usable in a case, aside from being victim profiles or characters that only appear for a short while. I would recommend making more than just a neutral sprite, showing more body movements like with the hands or head. I feel it would be good to make at least four or five expressions for each character.

I don't want to condone or chastise you in any way. I just feel that creating one sprite for a great looking character, and nothing else, is kind of a waste, since having less expressions endears someone less to use that character. I don't want to be high and mighty, speaking for the whole community or anything, I just feel personally some things could be improved on. Anyways, I hope you have a great rest of your day!
TimeAxis

Post by TimeAxis »

casewriter wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:17 am
TimeAxis wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:28 am I've decided to make some of my sprites free to use. They're pre-existing characters, but nothing stopping people from using them how they want to. All are free to use with credit.

Kino from Kino's Journey

Kazuya from Kaiji

Hey, TimeAxis. I want to give you some credit. These sprites have really nice designs, and are very fluid. Kino, whenever he lifts or puts down his goggles looks really good. I like how the bodyguards look like they are talking way too fast, as it looks unique to many other sprites I've seen.

However, I'm sorry but there just isn't enough meat to these characters. What I mean is that they have one, or at most two noticeable expressions, which is not enough to sprites to be usable in a case, aside from being victim profiles or characters that only appear for a short while. I would recommend making more than just a neutral sprite, showing more body movements like with the hands or head. I feel it would be good to make at least four or five expressions for each character.

I don't want to condone or chastise you in any way. I just feel that creating one sprite for a great looking character, and nothing else, is kind of a waste, since having less expressions endears someone less to use that character. I don't want to be high and mighty, speaking for the whole community or anything, I just feel personally some things could be improved on. Anyways, I hope you have a great rest of your day!
No worries, but it's what they've got. Take 'em or leave 'em. Anyone is free to add their own poses with credit too if they'd like. I currently have no plans to do so.
ImageImageImageImage
Gaiden Episodes
Champion of Turnabouts ★
HALLOWEEN HERO
Other
June-pie

Post by June-pie »

Kino from Kino's Journey

Kazuya from Kaiji

Aaaaaaand added! :)
"YES, funky!"
SuperAj3

Post by SuperAj3 »

The amazing Hesseldahl has made a new pose for Rosemary, which has now been added to her set:
Image Image
ImageImageImageImage
casewriter

Post by casewriter »

SuperAj3 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:29 am The amazing Hesseldahl has made a new pose for Rosemary, which has now been added to her set:
Image Image
Bro this looks sick. I wish we could have seen this sprite in other people's fan cases, like A Turnabout To El Dorado or something. That would have been nice.
SuperAj3

Post by SuperAj3 »

I swear I have been spoiled rotten. Hess and CallMeBlue have done more poses! I've added most to her album, with one more to animate:
Image Hess
Image CallMeBlue
ImageImageImageImage
TimeAxis

Post by TimeAxis »

Seems like an apt time to drop these Rosemary Thyme edits I did with Aj's permission. Feel free to add them to the pile.

Full Gallery

Would love to do versions for those latest poses too, if I've got permission to do so.
ImageImageImageImage
Gaiden Episodes
Champion of Turnabouts ★
HALLOWEEN HERO
Other
SuperAj3

Post by SuperAj3 »

TimeAxis wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:52 am Seems like an apt time to drop these Rosemary Thyme edits I did with Aj's permission. Feel free to add them to the pile.

Full Gallery

Would love to do versions for those latest poses too, if I've got permission to do so.
Ayy these are amazing Time! I'll get to adding the set shortly!

As for permissions I'd assume it's fine. Blue edited Hess's edits for some of his poses.

EDIT: The original doc is updated:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n4y ... HMK2Ax8BuA

I've asked Stretch to go back to this one so we can both still have access to edits.
ImageImageImageImage
Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Post by Hesseldahl »

TimeAxis wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:52 am Seems like an apt time to drop these Rosemary Thyme edits I did with Aj's permission. Feel free to add them to the pile.

Full Gallery

Go ahead! All my stuff for aao is free for use or to edit with credit. :larry:
June-pie

Post by June-pie »

Spoiler : Nona Mathews :
Went ahead and finished a sprite set I started a while back! This lass's name is Nona Mathews. Just added her to the doc!
"YES, funky!"