Advice on making my own sprites

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Blairestar
Spoken languages: English

Advice on making my own sprites

Post by Blairestar »

So, for this one project I'm working on, I'd really like it if I could create my own sprites. Unfortunately I don't really know anything about creating sprites, and what I need to look out for to input them into the case maker. I would really like some beginner advice on this subject matter, and suggestions on what I should do. I would like to know how to be able to make suspects, and lawyers both prosecution and defense. I would also enjoy to know how to animate multiple sprites into the case maker.
TimeAxis

Re: Advice on making my own sprites

Post by TimeAxis »

There are a few beginners' guides in the Art Guides section. You've gotta find some that still have images visible, like this one, but there are some pretty good ones there. You'll probably need a program like GIMP that can handle transparent backgrounds. The sprites should be 256 x 192 to fit nicely into the editor, and you'll need to host them on an image hosting site like imgur (but be sure to make an account there if you want them to remain accessible).
Question Arcs (Threads Coming Eventually)
ImageImageImageImage
Gaiden Episodes
Champion of Turnabouts ★
HALLOWEEN HERO
Other
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attornauts
The Curious Case of the Phantom Limousine (Coming Eventually)
The Imposter's Turnabout (Coming Maybe)
johnwood

Re: Advice on making my own sprites

Post by johnwood »

To create your own sprites, you can use design software such as Photoshop or GIMP,Heart Touching Birthday Wishes for Special Person and determine the dimensions needed for the case maker you are using. You can also find tutorials online for creating sprites and animations and practicing creating different characters.