[RP] Welcome to Pleasanton

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Re: [RP] Welcome to Pleasanton

Post by Reecer6 »

The Winking Owl Bar and Inn

Bénédicte instinctively went to politely decline as before, but he took another second to assess the pie. The piercing smell of the lemon was unignorable.

"Well... Parkin offered me a pie earlier today, but it was in... a much worse condition than this one." And it's been quite a few hours since breakfast, although he didn't mention that. "If it is all fine with you, Owlford, I think I'll accept this. My gratitude."

He took the pie over to a table nearby, keeping his watch over Greg's availability. And the taste of this pie.
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Post by Sleuth »

The Winking Bar:

"Introductingtons"? Dare I ask him what kind of accent that is? Better not, else he'll leave me to push my own dang car.

"Well, thanks very much. It's right this way." Ignacio stepped out of the inn, and the cold outdoor air hit him like a wet towel in the breeze. His left hand began to shiver and quake, but he quickly grabbed it with his other hand, stilling the quaking fingers. Now was not the time.

"Here it is," Ignacio said, gesturing to the sad hunk of metal. "It's, ah, a rental."
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

"Ah, this is the glorious automobile, is it not?" Barry said, walking out of the inn. "You are needing help to push it to the mechanic. I shall be glad to be of service." said Barry. "Mr. Owl was saying there is some kind of sign we are to be going toward if we are going to find the place. We should be finding the sign so we know where we are going, and then I shall begin pushing." he replied, already having rolled up his shirt sleeves, walked to the trunk of the car, and put his hands on it. "If you are seeing said place, let me be knowing which direction to push."
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

The Owling Wink:

Ignacio's eyesight had never been the best, but he was certain that if he'd seen the sign from here, he wouldn't have stopped by the inn first. So it had to be a ways off...

"I don't see it," Ignacio said, "But let's push it a little ways and see if we can't find it."

The Pastor set himself up next to the Star Spangled Tourist, his good hand placed on the trunk.

"Ready?" He asked.
DLA

Post by DLA »

The Bar Owl

"Ready!" Barry shouted. He began to push the car with decent strength, not exactly what one would expect from him upon looking at him. "It is no problem helping you to do this, as I have said. When one is in sales, the customer is always first and foremost." he said, continuing to push. "You are always to be helping as much as is necessary. It's one of my rules for both work and daily life."

"I am not really liking to speak of work, but since this is also a rule for daily life, I shall make an exception. Mixing work and daily life is making for unnecessary stress. Plus it is also making vacations less enjoyable to think about the work that awaits one when returning." he laughed.

"You said you are doing volunteer work, no? Is it enjoyable for you? I am remembering now the quote that if one enjoys their work, then they are never working a day in their life." Barry said. "Ah, if only one could be vacationing for a living. But alas, I am working in sales. Ah, I am talking of work again, my mistake." he laughed once again and turned his full attention back to pushing.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

The Car:

"Haha, I don't mind! You have a real interesting way with words." Ignacio remarked with a chuckle, heaving his aching back into the car. "The volunteer work is very satisfying, actually. It's refreshing to get away from it all, to do some good in the world. It's hard work, sure, but by the end of the day, I sleep better than a newborn babe."

As he spoke, something caught the corner of his eye-- A sign for an auto shop, at long last. Across the top was the name "Truman", just like the Innkeeper had said. Ah, bless the lord and bless his aching, aching back.

"This must be it." Ignacio said, pointing up at the sign. "Thank the lord... Just a bit further and we should be good."

The pastor began to push ahead, the sight of the sign having filled him with resoluteness. "...So, you say you're on vacation here? Where're you from?"
spd12

Post by spd12 »

Spoiler : OOc :
Hi guys. Really sorry that I fell off the train for as long as I did. Stuff happens. Priorities had to be decided upon, and this one unfortunately got the low end.

I can't guarantee I'll be a crazy whirlwind of activity from here on out due to a number of circumstances, but, my presence is at this point mandatory, so I'll try to help keep a line moving.
Meanwhile, back at Truman's Auto Shop

Off-screen, in all the time that has passed, a car radio is now blaring a hit song from a particularly famous invasion rock band that would charge exorbitant licensing fees for this kind of music that is currently playing. Whatever has transpired in the time that has passed, several towels are laid out. One is drenched in a strangely colored fluid of indeterminate origin that can only (one would dearly hope) be reassured is not the color of some bodily excretion.

Not some human bodily excrections, anyway. Let's not delve further into disturbing and strange possibilities that haven't yet cause to ever be considered.

Paul, ragged and still not looking any more awake than he had when his latest customer had come up to him, is putting forth an uncharacteristic amount of effort to... whatever it is he's doing with this car's engine that requires all this indescribable detritus that continues to elude definition.

"Y'know, maybe... I'll... have to keep it for a while, until..." He doesn't finish the thought. Maybe he doesn't really have much of one and this is just him buying time to look busy enough for the guy in question. Lord knows how far behind he is on a number of other vehicles - a luxury he appears to afford by being the only real game in town for this business. A game everyone loathes playing, because it's Paul Truman.

There are now five cups that all previously held beverages strewn about the lot. As the new car comes to get pushed into the lot, there's that trademark half-hearted Paul wave locals would have come to know as the 'he knows you're here' wave.

"...'ll give you a call," he says to his long-waiting customer of far too generous means afforded to them, lazily turning his head along over to where Barry and Ignacio are no doubt exhausted with all their car-pushin'.

The mechanic doesn't say much of a greeting. Is he truly that busy, for once? (It's Paul Truman - he might've been making a business out of being not as busy as he ought to be.)
DLA

Post by DLA »

The Car:

Barry looked over at Ignacio, once more confused. He then began to laugh again. "Ah, you are making a joke, I understand. Well, if my clothing isn't giving it away, I am from the United States. The reason I dress like this is to avoid unnecessary small talk, so people are knowing where I am from. Of course, it is no problem to be telling one person, but it is saving a lot of time so I am not having to tell twenty people." he stopped pushing and turned his attention to the mechanic shop.

"It seems we have arrived. Hello, there, Mr. Mechanic. This gentleman here is having broken car troubles. I was helping him to push his automobile this far." he said, unrolling his sleeves. "I am Barry Normal, and I am dealing in the business of sales." he said, pulling out another business card and setting it down somewhere. "And you are the Truman who is taking charge of this place, am I assuming?"
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Truman Auto Shop:

"Yo," Ignacio said, waving at the mechanic. "I hope you aren't too busy... But yeah, could I, uh, get this looked at? How much do you charge around here?"

The car, meanwhile, lurched and creaked like a dying animal, as if daring the mechanic to fix it.
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Greg noticeably calms down a bit as soon as two of the outsiders leave. He takes a deep breath and decides to head over to Tasse so that he could settle the most stressful thing on him so far, his overdue bills. You'd think a man who spends most of his time in the inn wouldn't be so forgetful when it came to paying the bills but apparently he's missed the last few payments.

He takes a seat across from Tasse and leans on the table with his elbows. "Alright Tasse, lay it on me." he says, looking the banker in the eye.
spd12

Post by spd12 »

Spoiler : OOC :
Sorry for the short wait, two very busy days behind me. Now...
Truman's Auto Shop

Paul R. Truman. A man who just seems kind of... run down. Bit of a rough edge, one might surmise, dulled almost entirely by his quality of barely being awake at all.

"Yyyyyeah, I'm... him," Paul's American accent is strange and out-of-place and puts the next words that come out of his mouth as he looks up from whatever he's doing in a very strange light, "you're... not from around here." He barely appears to regard Barry's business card. It likely ends up in one of the teacups that are now littering the lot as he brings a hand up to his forehead like he might be fighting a headache, or... maybe he just feels like leaving an oily print on his forehead. He succeeds there.

"Give me a sec." He turns on the engine of the previous car left in his care after removing said oily glove to hold in his teeth. For whatever reason, he raises his voice. "How soon do you want it done...?"

He does not seem too intimidated by the pastor's poor car, but, is his mind on something else...?

"I could... get 'round to it... sometime," he only offers a vague estimate of time, voice muffled by the glove in his mouth, "I'm... I don't do solicitors... so why don't you just..."

He has a suggestion that he never makes, whatever it is. He hasn't turned back off the engine yet...
Reecer6

Post by Reecer6 »

The Inning Bar Owl and Greg

Spotting Greg's approach, Bénédicte picked up the pie and put it down slightly to the side of where it already was. Then he excused himself and headed to the restroom, despite the fact that he had only had a single slice of the pie and his face was still immaculate, devoid of any crumbs. A total of two and a half minutes passed where Greg was forced to sit and wait in tense silence.

Finally, he sat back down at the table and actually began. After a soft apology.

"I'll get down to it. It has come to my attention, Greg, that you may be behind on some of your various payments. What would these payments be, exactly?" Head a smidgen cocked, hands pressed against each other, eyes locked right into Greg's.
~~~Image~~~

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

The Winking Tasse and Greg

Greg smiled, still meeting Tasse's eyes.

"I don't know."

What was he behind on anyway? Electricity and water maybe? Taxes? Had he known he had to pay such bills, he would've paid immediately.
Reecer6

Post by Reecer6 »

The Owling Owlford Tax and Finance

Bénédicte's eyes widened almost unnoticably. People know what they haven't paid, he had assumed. He explicitly didn't write down or memorize what he was missing for that reason.

He GUESSES he could still work with this...?

"...Very well, then. Do you at least know how much money would likely cover what you're missing? One thousand pounds, perhaps?" His head was no longer cocked, but his smile didn't falter. Maybe he could get something out of his lack of knowledge. Maybe he'll accept high-balling it a bit further than usual. "Your establishment here surely uses a lot of resources, does it not?"
~~~Image~~~

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

The Benedicte Owl Inn and the Winking Owlford Bar

"Hmmmm... yes and no. We haven't had an outsiders stay in the inn for some time. All electrical things and water pipes that aren't being used are shut until a visitor takes residence. And I'm pretty sure all vacant rooms have those shut. Believe me, I'd know." he says, tapping the side of his eye with his finger as he winked.

"Besides, aren't ya supposed to send some letter of notice and keep billing statements 'round? Surely you brought some formal looking piece of paper to show me when you came here. You show me how much I need to pay, and I'll pay. Simple as that, right?"