[RP] Flytrap Canyon - A Steampunk Western

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Re: [RP] Flytrap Canyon - A Steampunk Western

Post by NihilisticNinja »

Tavern-Tia

Tia considered her options. There appeared to be a scuffle amongst the hunters- she could potentially take advantage of that and strike at the woman while her back was turned.

However, having seen her speed firsthand- Tia knew that actually hitting the girl wasn't a guarantee, and without knowing how skilled either of them were at combat, it seemed better to not engage. She'd get her chance to fight down the line, but it'd be on her terms.

That decided, Tia exited the tavern and carefully and stealthily walked in the direction to the hideout.

Tavern-Rachel

Upon hearing John's declaration, Rachel knew that the man was right. And knew that she and Winter had both made a horrible mistake.

A bodyguard could have a similar skillset to a bounty hunter, true, but the mindset was radically different. A bounty hunter went in viewing their targets as prey. People that need to be taken down by any means necessary- including death. By contrast, a bodyguard viewed their "targets" as people to save, to protect. She wasn't used to looking at people as targets, the few times she had, it'd solely been by necessity. And more importantly, Rachel hated the idea of killing somebody, of ending somebody's life. Yet, in this case, that was probably more detrimental than helpful. The bodyguard wasn't sure what to do about that.

Noticing that she'd been asked a question, Rachel broke the current stand-off by taking a large leap away from the bounty hunter, making sure to stay out of the range of his machete- she doubted that he'd stab her even if he had the opportunity, but it never hurt to be careful.

"Ah, yes. I am a hunter. Rachel Pice, pleasure to meet you. " Rachel almost wanted to add "In theory" to her title, but decided against it.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Post by Sleuth »

Tavern - The Sheriff

Um... Stop? Wait? I... I don't even know who the good guys or bad guys are right now. Kidd briefly wondered if the binary systems of morality typically ascribed by their current society were insufficient to deduce the true natures of such complex beings as humans, but that thought quickly flew from his mind as he saw more of Blackwood's sliced-open hand. Like. Holy crap, dude.

Seeing as the shooting had, for the most part, stopped, Kidd quickly stumbled up to his feet, gun in one hand and the other on his hat. He tried to avoid looking in the direction of his former teacher as he gingerly stepped out of his cover, walking in-between the Drifter and Rachel, despite the fact that there was plenty of room between them by now.

"...Alright, alright," He said, "Now, no more fighting! I'm the Sheriff round these parts, and I say... There'll be no more shooting!"

As he spoke, he jammed his pistol back into his holster-- Where the trigger caught on his finger and fire a hole straight through the bar floor, narrowly missing his foot.

"...Starting now," The Sheriff finished.
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

The Hideout

John slowly descended the ladder, a few bags containing food and water canteens can be seen hanging from his body. It was not a quiet descent, with the cans of food rattling against each other as he moved. He skipped the last rung of the ladder and landed on the ground with a loud thud, dust scattering beneath his feet. There was a fresh-looking bandage now applied to the side of his abdomen, blood clearly staining part of it. Not too much, but noticeable.

He looked tired. No surprise seeing as how he hopped around from roof to roof to avoid being seen by potential pursuers, only quickly stopping by a few stores to buy what he needed in a hurried manner. He'd actually spent most of his own gold because of this, not even waiting for his change whenever he paid.

He set the bags down, taking a couple cans of food from it, and took a seat in the dusty living area of the hideout. His nose twitched from the dust. He saw Worm across of him, but John didn't feel like starting a conversation with the guy. Though maybe he'd entertain him if he started it. He wordlessly tossed the guy a can of food out of courtesy.

He sat back into his chair and began opening his own can of food.
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

The Hideout

Worm lies sprawled on his 'bed,' two of his journals lie open before him. Without even looking, he snatches the can out of the air.

"Thanks, Seagull. I can always count on you to sink your hooks into the good stuff, if you catch my drift." He chuckles and places the can on the ground next to him.

Finishing comparing the pages in the journals, he sighs and shakes his head. Closing them tightly, he places them back into his poncho and sits up on his bed. Uh... Sits slouching on his bed, I suppose. He looks towards Gull and tips his hat sightly towards him.

"So, welcome home, Seagull. How was your trip to the grocery store? Pick up some milk and eggs?"

The Tavern

"Rachel Pice... An absolute pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Seeing that Rachel has no interest in shaking his bloody hand, he places it back down. Then, with his other hand, he produces his second bottle of milk and places it in front of her.

"Goats milk? It's rich in antioxidants, you know. Very healthy."

He offers it to her, casually, but doesn't stop his vocal stream.

"Yes... We are the hunters, hunting the hunted. The bastions of law and order. Of course, I hardly need tell you of our sacred duties. Still, it's important that we remain... united under our common goal. Towards our overall mission. To that effect, I have been rather removed from current information. My duty as an educator, you see? It gets in the way of my... overall research...."

He pauses and sighs.

"Ah... I'm rambling again. Do forgive my musings, my dear. I'm a little prone to being overly wordy. A little bit of the teacher in me coming out. Kehehe... My apologies. What I've been meaning to ask, is if you wouldn't mind sharing everything you happen to know with me."

He folds his hands on his laps, and stares deep into Rachel. Waiting for her response, silently and expectantly.

His request sounds more like a demand.
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

The Hideout

The only immediate response John returns is a shrug while he's busy eating the can's contents. He didn't seem to particularly notice Worm catch the can, and he didn't really care to look. But it looks like he was having baked beans and rice in the can. With living conditions like these, you couldn't exactly be picky with your food. At least he was used to eating small meals and scraps anyway; camping in one spot tends to teach that to you.

Halfway through chewing, John manages to get out an actual response to Worm. "Met some old friends. Got held hostage by a sadist. Blew up a tavern. Dodged bullets. Escaped. Bought food." he says in a completely nonchalant tone.

"Nothing special, really."

He continues to eat his food.
enigma

Post by enigma »

The Hideout

"Oh. Sounds about right! Hahaha..."

Worm snickers and pauses for a second. As if in thought, he runs a few things through his head and nods knowingly.

"Well, it's good to have you back in our neck of the woods. And just in time for breakfast. Er... Lunch. Brunch."

He picks up the can and taps it, amused.

"Mind handing over a can opener, or am I going to have to squeeze it open with my bare hands?" He jokes.
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

The Hideout

John unsheathes his dirk and tosses it over to Worm.
enigma

Post by enigma »

The Hideout

"Many thanks!"

Worm beams and sets to work on opening his can, his tongue stuck out as if he was putting real effort in instead of lazily jimmying the lid open.

"So... This sadist... Which one was it? Uh... Well... Name? Age? E-mail? Anyone I'd know?"

He rattles on for a bit and then looks down at his food. Thinking for a few seconds. Then, he removes a glove and begins eating out of the can with his hands. Scooping up beans and rice and shoving them in his mouth.

"Mmm... Tasty... It's bean a long time since I've gotten a rice out of my food, that's for sure... Goes against the grain, really."

He chuckles between mouthfuls.
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

The Hideout

"Did you get your jokes at thrift store? Next time you open a can you might just find your namesake in it..." John says with a groan, wondering if this man had anything better to do than to plague his life with incidental puns. He throws his empty can to the side, shooting it straight into the bin without so much as looking.

"As for the guy, name's Blackwood Graves. The equivalent of an urban legend among hunters, except actually real."

His hands go to his throat as he feels for the place Blackwood had gripped him. There were faint traces of the marks left behind and some redness around his neck.
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Flytrap Town - Zoie:

Well, the commotion seemed to die down in the Tavern. Sucks for whoever runs that place. For now, though, Zoie decided the best course of action was to head down back into the hideout. She figured she didn't want anything like what happened at the bar to happen to the hideout, so she actually made sure no one was really paying attention before entering.

Hideout - still Zoie:

Oh. That one guy was still here. Worm? Was that right? Zoie didn't care too much. What mattered was that the other guy brought food! Zoie thought about just taking a can and chowing down, but then she remembered he was packing heat like crazy.

"Er- Is... Is it okay if I have one?" Zoie couldn't make eye contact with John as she was asking.
enigma

Post by enigma »

The Hideout

"Ah... Blackwood. Age 31, occupation Teacher and Hunter... Yeah. Figures."

He says it without changing tone, or even sounding surprised. Instead, he keeps his focus on his food. Eating it without missing a beat.

"If I were you, I'd keep away from that guy. Bad news. If you wanna have a bad time, sure. Keep messing with him. Otherwise... run. Which, I mean, I'm assuming you did because you're still alive. In any case, I'd say you got lucky. You obviously didn't catch his interest enough to get him to take you seriously as an opponent. And, uh, he probably didn't realize you were a bandit. Otherwise..."

Worm gulps and makes a motion, drawing his finger across his neck.

"Not great. That's what I'm trying to get at. And normal ways of doing things... They're just not gonna cut it. Get it? Heh."

He chuckles. But then stops.

"That wasn't funny, sorry. Well, I mean... It might have been. Whatever, I don't care. In any case, I wouldn't let him complete any plans he's stirring up but... I wouldn't go kicking that hornets nest all willy-nilly. At least not alone. Not one on one..."

He shrugs.

"He's not human, that guy."

And with that, Worm's trademark grin returns.

"And I would have thought I'd have bought my jokes from a taco shop. You know, since they've got so much cheese and corn in their meat."
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

The Hideout

After following John and finding a nearby cave for Alexanderer since horses couldn't climb ladders, Sonia descended down the ladder. "El Cuervo returns!" she announced. "Bet ya didn't expect to see me back in one piece, Earthworm! Ran into a bit of trouble on the way over here. Doubt they'll ever let me back in that town again, but I made it out in one piece!" she grinned.

"Seems like the Hunters are already lookin' out for us. We ran into a couple of 'em back there. There was some creepy dude who got stabbed without even flinching, some shadowy rude fella with a big gun on his arm, and some girl with some sorta axe thing. The rude guy and the girl seemed to be some of Johnny-boy's old pals."

"Speaking of, sorry about the little predicament I got ya into back there," she said, walking over to where John was sitting, "I didn't expect Mr. Creepy to be so, well... creepy. I just kinda blurted out whatever I could think of to cover my behind, I didn't think he'd actually have the guts to call my bluff. Now that I know what we're dealin' with here, I know bluffing won't work on him next time. Ya got my word I won't let him get away with that again. We good?" she asked, extending her hand for a fist bump.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
enigma

Post by enigma »

The Hideout

"Well, well! If it isn't Sundown! Welcome back."

Worm waves without even looking in her direction, instead focusing on his food.

"But, you're wrong. I expected you'd come back in one-piece... After all, your fashion is terrible."
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

The Hideout

John looks to the girl to his side. Zoie, that was her name. She represents the entire reason John was here. Had she not been in this group of bandits, John would be somewhere else now. He wondered if that was part of the bandits' plan. Take a kid with them to draw mercy out of some hunters. If it was, John definitely fell for it. Now he felt like it was his job to keep her safe from the hunters, and possibly the other bandits if it came to it. He already killed two others just to keep her from harm, he wasn't going to back away now.

John takes two cans and a canteen full of water out from the bag and gives them to Zoie.

"Take it. I'm not sure Knives would be too keen on me giving you extra, but you need it. Go eat." he says, tying the bag up again. He returns his attention to Worm, who seemed to know a lot about Blackwood than an average bandit would know.

"Heh, not human indeed. The guy caught a machete in his hand and walked away like it was nothing." he remarks, remembering the hand dripping with dark, red blood. The urban legends were right, that man felt no pain but enjoyed seeing others in a great deal of it.

"I'm definitely not going to confront him face-to-face next time. No, next time I'm going to put a bullet straight into his skull." Then he smiles, holding back a laugh. "But would that even be enough to put him in his grave? Hah."

Maybe he should leave the puns to Worm.

"As for you, Sunny, don't go barking unless you're prepared to bite. When you intimidate someone, you better be prepared to follow through if they call your bluff. Remember Jake? Take it from him. Just by looking at the guy you have to wonder whether or not he's going to snap your neck in the next instant. Effortless intimidation."
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Hideout - Zoie:

Zoie's eyes widened at the generous offer. Heck, she already had a canteen of water for herself. If one looked closely, they would see her face glow a little, but her expression quickly reverted back to normal. Fortunately, they happened to be those pop-top cans. Just some simple soup was inside, not even warm. Zoie was a bit disappointed, but still inwardly grateful.

She decided to listen in on the conversation. And probably regretted it, considering how many puns were flying around. Still though, she knew to avoid that Blackwood guy. And Jake, whoever he was. She wished she had something to contribute. All she saw was some dude(?) with a dumb-looking ponytail and a metal arm gun the place down. She silently... drank... the first can's contents...

Flytrap Town - Vikki:

Ah... that ruckus died down. Great. When she entered her tavern, Vikki noticed the walking armory and the strange young woman had disappeared or escaped. Yeah, she was sure she saw someone escape though a new hole in the wall she didn't authorize. Lovely. Those renovating costs are going to be through the roof. Still inside the building were the trigger-happy fellow with the metal arm, the other young woman with the halberd, and Blackwood.

"Well, I'm assuming this isn't exactly the best time to tell you all to clean up your mess, is it?"