[Bug][P][E] Some old trials can be loaded in V5, but not V6

All discussions regarding the AAOv6 Beta, be it bug reports or suggestions, should be posted in this section.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Evo
Spoken languages: Deutsch, English

[Bug][P][E] Some old trials can be loaded in V5, but not V6

Post by Evo »

This trial can be played in V5, but opening it in the V6 player or editor just gives me "Loading..." in the top-left corner forever.
The trial is marked as complete according to the trial manager.
Happens on both Firefox and Chrome for me.

edit: With this trial, you can only see the first three frames in the V6 player and editor.

edit: this trial loads in the V6 player, but you can never click start. In the editor, only the first 20 frames show up.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [Bug][P][E] Some old trials can be loaded in V5, but not

Post by Enthalpy »

Oddly enough, the three cases you've brought up fail for entirely different reasons.

The first case looks like it's having trouble converting a talk conversation. This problem would only show up in older trials, due to a change in how talk conversations worked between v1 and v2. This will be a particularly pesky one to solve. Because the bug is so early on, since the bug happens too early for most of my tools to work.

The second case is having trouble fetching a profile on frame 3. I vaguely recall a similar case (with Bitter Turnabout) but I'll have to check to be sure.

The third case was because it was made in v4. This is a known bug that has already been fixed on the developmental version of AAO. This case will be playable as soon as the next update happens.

I'll need to do more investigation on the causes of the first two conversion problems, but thanks for the test cases!
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [Bug][P][E] Some old trials can be loaded in V5, but not

Post by Enthalpy »

Alright, finished my investigation!

The cause of the first bug, as I suspected, was that the DiscussionEnquete action wasn't converting properly. You can view the status of this bug here, but I have the change written up and sent to Unas for his approval/rejection.

The second bug was also one I already solved here, but I didn't realize it at the time.

So yes, all of these cases should be playable again in the next release of v6!
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson