Community news : Moderation reorganised !

Read and comment on the latest community news and site updates.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Community news : Moderation reorganised !

Post by Unas »

Community news
Moderation reorganised !
As you may have noticed, in recent months I have barely been able to take care of AAO at all. And while the community does a fine job of living on without me, my lack of reactivity has been a burden for the moderation team in a number of cases due to the current organisation.
Indeed, this organisation was designed for a time when I would check on AAO several times a day, and left a lot of responsibilities in my own hands only. Needless to say I've been far from that "several times a day" thing recently, hence the need to reorganise for more efficency.

To be honest, the reorganisation has limited impact as of now : the moderation team is still the same overall.
Aside from renaming moderator groups, this reorganisation brings two notable changes.

First, the "GC Moderators" group is now renamed to "Assistant Moderators" and gains powers on the Art section as well. It also gains access to the IP review and banning ability, in order to react faster to potential issues.

Second, I realised I needed a trustworthy person to handle the community as a whole during my potentially long absences.
For this reason, I have decided to promote Enthalpy, who is familiar with pretty much everything about AAO, to the status of Community Manager for the English section. This gives him power almost equal to mine over this section, as made clear by the orange colour.
This mainly includes the following powers :
  • Ability to post and moderate the Announcements section (which was originally reserved to me)
  • Ability to manage moderation teams over the English section : adding/removing moderators to/from any EN group.
Some more updates regarding moderation and rules in particular will be coming in the next weeks.

Please welcome Enthalpy to this new position !
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Kroki
Admin
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español, 日本語

Re: Community news : Moderation reorganised !

Post by Kroki »

There had not been a new red username since 2008, wow.
Congrats boya!

ImageImage Image Image Image
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

RIP Greenthalpy
TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

Post by TheDoctor »

Congratulations to one of the most helpful members on the site! You've certainly earned it.
Image Image Image
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

It actually took me a few minutes to notice this color was orange and not red! I was wondering about that.

Thanks to Unas and all the well-wishers! I promise to use the banhammer to defend AAO from the forces of kitchens.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Kroki
Admin
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español, 日本語

Post by Kroki »

Nananah, it's red!
ImageImage Image Image Image
DeeYo
Spoken languages: Hungarian, English, some Russian, Spanish, German

Post by DeeYo »

I've been staring at the screen for like 4 minutes now trying to see it as orange. It's not working.

Irregardless, congrats, Enth!

Total times sued: 10328
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Technically, it's #BB3300 : Lots of red mixed with a little bit of green to make a dark orange tint.
But I chose this colour precisely it's almost red, to make it clear that Enth is almost an admin now :-P
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )