[CARR] The Den of Deception

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

NihilismFormula
Spoken languages: English

Re: [CARR] The Den of Deception

Post by NihilismFormula »

Boku paused for a moment. Splitting up didn't really seem optimal, but he was beginning to get a general feel of what the rooms on this floor were like anyway. He wished that there was some obvious clue jumping out at him, but even if the dogs were indicative of something... it still wasn't clear exactly what.

Regardless, sitting here complaining wasn't going to solve anything either

Give an absent-minded nod, Boku also decides to go up the stairs.
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Spoiler : Rune :
Blake goes to the opposite end of the hallway and enters a grand, elegant room. Or at least, it used to be. Probably. There are plush couches and armchairs and some hardwood cabinets and tables [with decorative things inside and on top], along with some end tables with lamps on them and a turned-over chess table. Unfortunately, the entire north part of the room has been completely blown out. The room is chilly from the outside air, and the smell of salt water fills your nostrils. There is nothing left in the area closest to the explosion, the center of which seems to be designated by a black circle in the ground in the north part of the room. The furniture closer to the explosion has been badly damaged, and even the furniture on the other side of the room has been completely covered and stained with ash. Looking out to the left only has the sea, but to the right you can see the backside of the mansion, including some segments covered in ivy, making it appear older than it actually probably is.
Spoiler : RedEyes+NN :
The pair finds themselves in another hallway that seems to be in the same style as the first floor.
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

Blaze flips the chess table over.
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

The table is now upright.
Blackrune

Post by Blackrune »

Content with order being restored, Blaze decides to investigate the center of the explosion more closely, despite not expecting much.
RedeyesofDN

Post by RedeyesofDN »

Spoiler : :
I start running my hand down the wall and start trailing it to the right. All the while keeping an eye out for anything that may be notable, like a statue or an odd smell. Keeping to myself as I observe.
NihilismFormula

Post by NihilismFormula »

I trail the left side of the hallway, keeping an eye for anything notable- statues and whatnot.
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

The central area of the explosion is on the north side of the room. You approach carefully, but the ground seems to still hold. There is a darkened indentation on the ground that likely demarcates the center of the explosion. Pretty much nothing is left in this spot, and the damage seems to get less severe the further from this spot you move.
Spoiler : RE+NN :
Boku goes north up the hallway, finding the doors that lead to the servants' rooms and a bathroom, but nothing of note in the hallway itself. To the south, Rebecca passes the door to Asher's room to find that the hall opens up into a small sitting area. There are two armchairs facing each other, with a low, small table with a small container with flowers on it between them. In one corner of the space is a potted plant, and in the other a lamp. On the wall is a painting of a man wearing a ragged white shirt and black pants with hind hand at his crotch and a strange smile on his face. Behind him is stands a woman with black robes, red lips, and a devious grin, with a second woman to the side, but only her face is visible. A window looks over the front lawn.
RedeyesofDN

Post by RedeyesofDN »

"Well isn't that... charming..."

I plump my rump in a sitting chair, for a moment, and twirl my bracelet in my hand for a good minute, thinking. After sitting there, I decide to keep moving down the hallway in the same direction I was going.
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Spoiler : RE+NN :
You can make your way allllll the way down the hallway, there's nothing but hallway
Blackrune

Post by Blackrune »

Blaze looks around for any traces of a coffin or bones.
RedeyesofDN

Post by RedeyesofDN »

I walk down the hallway, coming to a random door, before checking to see if the door is unlocked. [Study, 2F]
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Spoiler : Living Room (Rune) :
You don't find anything that you can positively identify as coffin or bone... There's plenty of rubble strewn about, which makes it difficult to figure out what anything had been. Sifting through the rubble, you can find pieces that you think were wood, but you have no idea what they were initially. You don't find anything that you think used to be flesh or bone.

Looking over the edge of the cliff (and placing your footing carefully to make sure the ground doesn't give way), there is plenty of debris in the sea below, although it's started to disperse and float away. You obviously have no idea what's in the flotsam down there...
Spoiler : Study (RN) :
Rebecca enters a cozy, close-feeling room. A hardwood desk is placed on the far side of the room, and behind it is positioned a chair with a magnificently high back. This layout gives the room more a feeling of an office than a study. A leather sofa sits facing the desk. On the desk sits a desktop computer, along with a small electronic device connected to it. Several papers are also scattered on top of the desk. On the west side of the room is a large wooden shelf. The top of the shelf has decorative items, such as bowls, vases, and plates. In center is set a large, sturdy-looking safe. Besides that the shelf is filled with books and folders. On the east walls hangs a painting of an old man standing against a black background in a dark cloak, leaning on a walking stick, with a long white beard obscuring his face. Over his shoulder, a twisted, distorted face seems to be shouting into his ear. The two windows on the northern wall overlook the sea. On the eastern wall, about a third of the way into the room, is yet another telltale statue. This one seems of be of a serpentine creature with many heads, all of which are curled around it into what appears to be sleep.

Christian is sitting in the chair, typing at the computer. His icy eyes give Rebecca an icy look for a moment as she enters, and then return to the computer. "Hello," he gives a short greeting.
Blackrune

Post by Blackrune »

"...of course."
Blaze knows well enough this stuff is never easy. He takes out the forensic toolkit and sprays some luminol around the blast zone and on whatever is left of nearby furniture. He then checks if there was any reaction.
Following that, Blaze also tries to get prints from the door handle on the inside of the room, hoping only the prints of the last person to leave would not be smudged.
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

There's no reaction to the luminol.

It's tricky, since there's lots of partially-smudged fingerprints overlapping each other, but you're able to get one good print.