[QUEEN] The Den of Deception

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [QUEEN] The Den of Deception

Post by Enthalpy »

Paloma nods, understanding that last part. "Like CARASIL."
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

"Yes, like CARASIL," Anne replies. "My expertise is why I was chosen to care for Mr. Levine."
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

A look comes across Paloma's face as if something had just occurred to her.

"Is the disease X-linked, or does Rachel not have it simply due to lucky genetics?"
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

"No," Anne shakes her head, "CARASIL is an autosomal recessive condition."
Toatali
Spoken languages: English

Post by Toatali »

The Colonel, having been absorbed in his notes, but still aware of the conversation, took the lull to ask some questions of his own. "You say that the cause of death was definitely a stroke, but my dear old uncle, I remember he died from a stroke, and he uhh, well it took them a couple of days to find his body given that he was a bachelor and, you must understand that this was some years ago, but they were unable to determine with 100% conviction that it was a stroke, so... How can you?"

Before Anne got a chance to answer the Colonel's first question, he quickly segued into another.

"And those pill bottles I found in Daniel's room, those are your doing, are they not? What exact effect would they have had on Mr Levine?"
Read my blog (it's really good (well, not really good, but... (it's alright, to be honest (Look, it's shit, but do me a solid, ok?))))
toatalireviews.wordpress.com
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

"The more time passes, the more difficult it becomes to identify a cause of death. Additionally, observing the patient's behavior is typically one of the key elements in diagnosing a stroke, so these two situations sound quite different. I suppose without an autopsy, it's impossible to know with absolute certainty," Anne admitted, "But I am quite confident in my diagnosis.

"And I suppose detectives really do ruffle through other people's medicine cabinets, hm?" Anne doesn't dwell on this, however. "Probably, but I cannot know for sure or say what they do without seeing exactly which pills. But to be frank, discussing a patient's medication is beyond the point of confidentiality I am comfortable with."
Toatali
Spoken languages: English

Post by Toatali »

"Very well, that's fine by me." The Colonel paused and looked around at the other detectives "I think I've asked what I wanted to ask, do you two have anything else to say?"
Read my blog (it's really good (well, not really good, but... (it's alright, to be honest (Look, it's shit, but do me a solid, ok?))))
toatalireviews.wordpress.com
Nicky Boy
Spoken languages: Ελληνικά, English

Post by Nicky Boy »

Erik seemed to be thinking after his last question. Replying to the Colonel, "I believe there's nothing left to clarify... for me at least." He turned to look at Paloma.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

"Hmm..." Paloma seems to be thinking about something. "I do have a couple more questions. First, where were you before you attended the wake?"
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Anne let out a sigh and leaned back in the chair. "Mostly in my room and the master bedroom. I also came down for breakfast."
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

"Forgive my intrusiveness, but I imagine you would have been called shortly after he was... discovered."
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

"He was... 'discovered' late last night," Anne replied. After a moment of consideration she admitted, "Technically very early morning. And I suppose before the wake."
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

"One last question, if you'll pardon my curiosity. I understand why the Levines sought to hire you, but why did you decide to accept the offer?"
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

"CARASIL is such a rare disease, I wanted the opportunity to study it personally," Anne explained. "I already explained, the request just happened to come in at an opportune time where I could take some time away from the hospital. ...And to be perfectly honest, the money the Levines offered was a factor as well."
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Paloma nodded. "I always appreciate candor. I don't have any other questions at the moment. Thank you."