Doki Doki Magical Guardians (MGRP)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

DSY
Spoken languages: English

Re: Doki Doki Magical Guardians (MGRP)

Post by DSY »

Park

Tension now over, Yumi gets up from the floor once more.

The last time she hit the the ground being shortly after her attack failed, when she curled up into a ball in fear.

But not only was Sae now gone, but new people had shown up too.

Unsure of anything to really say, Yumi brushes the grass from her uniform and simply waves hello to the new people.
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Park

Louise's policy of waiting seemed to have worked, as the scythe girl flew away. Maybe she'd been intimidated by the revolvers being pointed at her, or maybe she'd just gotten bored of fighting them. Maybe she had something going on the stove she needed to get back to, but thought she'd get into a quick fight with some people in the park while she waited. All possibilities, even if it was debatable how likely some of them were. Still, possibilities.

Louise stood up from the bench, glancing around at the others, before attempting to twirl her revolvers. She'd actually executed it pretty well with one of them, but it was a little underwhelming when the other revolver barely made a half-spin. She holstered them, before yawning. That had taken a while to watch, but it was still a nice day. She could still do quite a few things today before it got too late. Before she did, it would probably be a good idea if she introduced herself.

"The Penultimate Gunslinger." She said, not really attempting a pose or any grandiose introduction.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
VGBM

Post by VGBM »

Park:

"Who's there...?"

In the direction Kazuki said that to, there seemed to be no one there. There was a several-second long silence after he finished talking, until suddenly, a young boy in casual clothes came out from behind a tree. "No way!" the boy pouted, "How did you see me?"
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Park

"Hm...Unfortunately, I can no longer track the mean woman's movements at this distance," said a nearby bush.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Park

"Oh, you don't look dangerous. As for how I saw you... Well, I have perfect vision, so my eyes helped a lot. I've never had to wear glasses... I don't know how they'd look on me..." Kazuki yawned during his response, clearly glad that there were no more immediate threats that he had to deal with.

Of course, the fact remained that he had many questions that remained unanswered. But he didn't seem to mind waiting for those answers, as long as they would eventually come.

"I'm Kazuki Ling, and this is Mr. Bunbun. He's the main character in the TV drama that I dreamed about last time I fell asleep... How are you?" Kazuki asked the question without noticing that he had changed the topic quite randomly mid-sentence.

It was then that he noticed a nearby bush that was talking. Huh. He wondered if the bush was nice.

"How are you doing? Do you like taking naps too?" Kazuki said without missing a beat, seeming completely okay with the idea that he was talking to a sentient bush.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
DSY

Post by DSY »

pppppppppppppppppppp

Yumi continues to smile and wave.

"Hello, gun person, Hoodie boy, and............. Talking bush."

Yumi just smiles nervously. Hoping that this was all just a bad dream.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

The Park

The bush rustled about a bit. After a moment...a rather small girl popped out from the leaves.

She certainly wasn't your average girl. She was draped in furs and rough fabrics, and she had...what looked to be a tiger's pelt draped down her back like a cape, and its head atop her head like a hat. The tiger's maw cast a shadow over the girl's glum face...her wide, yellow eyes were piercing, like a bird of prey in the night. She stared at where the enemy was for a moment, then suddenly turned towards Kazuki.

"Napping can get you killed," she said. "I've grown too accustomed to sleeping in trees, surrounded by traps and a dagger in my hand. It's not safe to sleep in random locations..."

The girl, who seemed to be significantly shorter than anyone else in the park, struggled for a moment to wrestle herself out of the bush. Once she was out, her first instinct was...to run up to the owl the woman was chasing, ignoring the other people.

"Are you okay, Mr. Owl?" she asked the bird. She quirked her head, he expression maintaining an eerie neutrality. "Where do you come from? I do not recognize any species of owl quite like your own in this environment...and that mean person did not seem intent on hunting you for food." She extended an arm to the bird, which was padded by a bird-keeper's glove. "I would be very interested in your story, Mr. Owl."
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

VGBM

Post by VGBM »

Whoever this kid was, he didn't seem to be with the small girl, given his literal jump and yelp in surprise when she popped out of her bush. "Uhh, cool, looks like someone else had the same idea as me." he attempted to say nonchalantly, pretending that little outburst of his didn't just happen.

Making no attempt to mind his own business, his eyes casually followed the girl as she started moving, and they lit up when they landed on Pine. "Oh, whoa! What's that green thing?" He exclaimed, "Is that the thing you were fighting earlier?"
DSY

Post by DSY »

ppppppppppppppppppppppp

Time had passed. Seconds anyway. Maybe a minute or two.

But enough time that if scythe woman were to return, she probably would have done so already.

Yumi breathes out. For a moment, she could actually calm down.....

And then a girl covered in animal fur, wearing a tiger on her head came out of a bush.

It was nice while it lasted.

"AHHHHHHH!! Don't kill me!" Yumi yells, holding out her hands as a shield.

But despite that, the bush girl just seemed more interested in the near by owl.

Yumi herself had actually forgotten all about Pine until just now, having slowly opened her eyes back up to look at what the girl might do next.

"Oh....my bad." Yumi says, quietly apologizing. To the girl or to the owl? Who knows.

Hearing the guy in the hoodie's question, Yumi turns and responds.

"The owl didn't attack us..... I don't think." Yumi says scratching her head. "You shouldn't worry about him to much."

..............Hang on a tic.......................

"Wait!" Yumi blurts all of a sudden, "I mean, you should worry about him!"

No! Wrong!

"I mean!" Yumi blurts again, "Hurt! The owl is hurt and........"

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......not again.

Yumi covers her face with her hands and sits down on the bench next to Louise.

"And.....and.........my name is Yumi, it's nice to meet you........."
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Park - Aya makes bad decisions:

Aya nonchalantly eyed all of the new people who had just appeared and introduced themselves. Or didn't, oddly enough. Come to think of it, she hadn't said a single thing yet. Shifting her eyes around once more to all of the faces around, she slowly opened her small mouth to speak.

"Aya Radiata."

There. Blurting that out of nowhere should have made her intentions clear, yet with succinct phrasing. Exactly the way Aya liked it. Surely, a fine example set to those around her who had yet to say their names. Curiously, she had seen a small girl jump out of a bush and start talking to what looked like a green owl. Something that didn't occur in nature. Naturally curious as to what was happening, Aya slowly approached Pruara, meeting her with her usual vacant stare.

"Excuse me. Owls in the wild are incapable of speech and human reasoning. Why attempt to communicate with it?"
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Park

The bush-girl craned her neck back to look up towards Aya without standing up. Her glare was wide-eyed, and her piercing yellow eyes seemed to nearly glow.

"Really...? I find the animals easier to speak with than the people. You probably just never stopped to ask them how they were feeling."

She turned back towards Pine. "I slept in the bushes here last night, and I viewed the entire encounter with the mean person...It seemed as though her primary goal was this odd owl. You all seemed...collateral? Is the word. But she was no hunter, or at least not a skilled one. A blade on a stick that size would bisect prey...that would make the carcass mostly worthless. Especially for a small creature like an owl." She tilted her head in thought. "A bow and arrow would likely be more effective...it has range and keeps the body mostly intact, you see. And if you need a swift harvest, a knife would be a more proper tool. A large blade on a stick is simply no good..."

She paused for a moment.

"...Ah, but we have established she is not a hunter, so I do not think she will harvest you, Mr. Owl."

The girl did not seem in any rush to acknowledge introductions.

NihilismFormula

Post by NihilismFormula »

Pine cleared his throat. While he was hardly an "owl", it felt pointless to discuss the matter for the time being. He decided that the best thing to do would be to get things on track and explain what was happening. That seemed like a great way to... distract from having to think about certain things. With a rapid shake of the head, Pine began.

"So! Thank you all so much for saving me." He spoke, making sure to get any and all attention on him. "I'm... genuinely uncertain what I would have done without all of us. Especially given..." He paused. "Regardless! Not sure what I would have done. Anyway... I suppose I should explain the situation."

He took a breath.

"Your world is in danger, well, the universe in general is, but this one specifically. A very powerful item, one that can amplify magical power thousandsfold, was broken and the shards made their way to Earth. The group that girl is a part of are attempting to claim it to accomplish their own ends. I have no ability to stop them, and... no real resources. So for the sake of your planet and the universe, I need your help!"
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Park

Kazuki's attention seemed to be completely on Pine. There was a lot to react to, and he wasn't sure what to make of the newcomers... But what Pine had said was clearly the most ominous-sounding thing Kazuki had ever heard.

"Hm...? What kind of danger, exactly? ... I want you to be completely honest. What's going to happen to this planet if things go badly?"
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
VGBM

Post by VGBM »

Park:

"Kuro," the boy responded after shoving his hands into his pockets, looking rather bored despite what Yumi's said. Perhaps Pine's words would inspire something in him instead.

"What! That thing can talk?!"

…Or maybe not. Did this guy have nothing better to do but stand around making asinine comments?
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Park:

Aya held Pruara's stare for a short while, though the stare was broken by her turning her attention away. It seemed the small hunter girl was far more interested in the green owl than her. Not that Aya could blame her. Something like this was undoubtedly, inherently interesting. Though she had spoken to Aya, so naturally, Aya had to give her a response.

"You are mistaken."

That was all she had to say to Pruara. She had indeed tried to communicate to different animals in the past. The end result usually was a stare-down with the animal, followed by the animal turning around and leaving, much to her own disappointment. This still seemed ridiculous to her. In her experience, no animals have ever spoken human language without the aid of some sort of magical element. If there were, there would have been documents, stories, and news lines, among other things. While the green coloration was intriguing, there was almost no reason to assume it could-

"So! Thank you all so much for saving me."

It spoke. Despite Aya's unchanging demeanor, this caught her off-guard. It actually spoke. Aya almost missed the rest of Pine's short speech. When he finished, Aya stood in silence with her eyes closed for a few moments, seemingly trying to process everything she was hearing. After all, it was quite a lot. It's not every day you hear from some sort of magical green owl that your planet is in harm's way. Having the entire universe on your shoulders is a heavy burden to bear. Aya opened her eyes, and spoke.

"Oh." Her voice lacked any sort of urgency, almost like she found this announcement boring before anything else. It didn't seem like she was content to comment on much, though there was one bit that caught her attention more than anything else Pine had to say. "Especially given what?"