Nicky Boy's Art thread

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Nicky Boy
Spoken languages: Ελληνικά, English

Re: Nicky Boy's Art thread

Post by Nicky Boy »

I might not be able to get online tomorrow so posting these now:

Image Image

So, Christmas is (almost) finally here! Isaac has a lot of Christmas spirit in him, as you can see. He got his red suit and tie, his Christmas hat, and is ready to do lawyer stuff. He doesn't mind what anyone else thinks anyways (you can find it somewhere in his charahub page)

I might or might not make a Christmas version of him, I don't know at the moment. But I'll have a head-start if I do!
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

HELLOOOOOOO, Everybody!

Today, I have risen from the dead once again, and I'm gonna give you some news! Stuff has changed! *gasp*

First, Isaac underwent some clean-up. He should now look a bit better. A tiny bit, but a bit, nonetheless.

Aaaaand secondly... a new member joined the battle this thread! It's...

Isaac's older brother, Melanthios! *cheers cheers* More poses/expressions in the OP because they are too many to list here

Melanthios is a Prosecutor. "Wait, is that I badge I see, Nick?" Of course! Not wearing your badge is just silly wearing, like, 20 is also silly, but whatever

Oh, I should say that he is my entry for the CR comp... and that I made him in one week. Please show mercy, will ya? :larry:
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

Hello, people. It is I, the great and lazy Nick!

I'm not dead! Not yet, at least. I'm just lazy :larry:
So, what's new? Well, Isaac has updated colors! I should learn better than to blindly copying other char's colors (don't worry, it's Furio Tigre) Melanthios' neck and head are now centered to his body. Mis-porportionate ftw~ Oh, and he has a daughter now! Say hello to Flora Phens!

"Hi!"

She was made for the CR Monochrome Madness competition aka another char of mine made because a compo was due. I'm not sharing the compo version because it sucks (yellow sucks when you have to make it darker without changing the hue (yeah, the theme was that the hue can not be changed, minus skin))

SO, yeah, that's it. Oh! I almost forgot. I have a concept for Isaac's "power", of sorts. For the first time ever, you'll be able to use BASIC LOGIC to question the meaning of a sentence. No, not like Edgeworth
Here we have the button I'll probably use. The basic idea is that you can find other meanings, as I said. Aka "I never saw that woman!" doesn't necessarily mean you haven't spoken to her, say, through messages.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

I have arisen once more after 2 weeks without internet! (Well, I had data but you get what I mean)

I have another update! And no, I didn't get round to making new poses for someone. Instead, I made someone! Kinda the same, right? Meet...

Astin Lee! Well, his full name is Richard Astin Lee, but I prefer simply calling him Astin. Who is he, you ask? Well... I won't reveal it *here*. You can find it in my case when it's released. (Suspense, supsense...)

I'm doing some edit for Ema, too, but these will take some more. Here's a glimpse:
Spoiler : Ema Edit :
this version of her AJ sprites, and two bonuses, will come... eventually.
Last edited by Nicky Boy on Wed May 22, 2019 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

Ahh the meme-maker has arrived!
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

Get out you spoiler man
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

Whats this? Two updates so close together? Witchcraft!

Anyways, I figured I should update more often from time to time. So, without further ado... (no, I didn't finish making the Ema edits I mentioned) We have... Me!

No really. It's me. I look like that. Yeah....

Anyways, talking versions in OP. Hope you like me! Don't care if you don't, though.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we're back after the commercial break to announce that activity has been reported in Nicky Boy's Art thread. Allegedly, detective Ema Skye is involved in some way. Stay tuned to learn more!

Ok, crappy intro aside, the Ema set no-one everyone has been waiting for is here! However, they are a lot of sprites to see, so I'll link the album in this reply instead. All the sprites are there in the OP, though.

Also, you might've seen a certain someone posting a challenge entry here. Guess what, I'm there, too! So expect quite a few things in the next update (provided I have the time and motivation to do them....)
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

Post by TheDoctor »

Is it weird that I think this makes her look more mature despite being more casual?
Image Image Image
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

I... guess not. I say it's the bow tie thing in her OG outfit that is a bit more casual than that outfit... maybe?
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

It is I, the great Nicky Boy, back at spriting.

So, yeah, last time I said there will be some "challenge" entries... so I complied! Let's have a look.
Spoiler : Challenge #1 :
1st challenge was to create a person based on a specific description. The description was:
"- Green hair, pink eyes, pale skin
- Young, male character
- Shy, quiet
- Holds a plush toy"
And so we have....

...Simon Kwai!
Spoiler : Challenges #2 and #3 :
So I combined the other two challenges into one. They were:
"Draw a gijinka of anything you want" and "Draw a character based on one of the following themes: [insert one theme from every Mario Kart game here]"
And so we have...

...Penny Quin and Lumi Lee! Penny is the penguin "gijinka" and Lumi is "based" on Snow Land from Mario Kart: Super Circuit. You can find the BG isolated in the OP (I made it using some FEH assets, btw!)
Spoiler : Challenge #4 :
I also have a sketch of the next challenge I attempted! It's based off the Monopoly Game Night meme. My sketches are... not the best, but I figured I'd let you see one of them, hehe...

Can you tell which one is which? you can tell most of them, I'm sure, but can you find them all? I have so many OCs, after all
But that's not all! I added some banners now that I have quite a few tags already. I wasn't really inspired, tbh, but I hope they suffice!
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
mercurialSK
Spoken languages: English

Post by mercurialSK »

Wow your art.

Nice. I like it.
Backlog: v6 Perceive generator, Apollo, everything else (My thread)
Someday, on AAO™: Chris Tenson: Ace Attorney & A Turnabout Called Justice (pt 2)
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

Hehe, thanks!

I noticed that I haven't updated in a while, but fear not! I am just making (read: mostly editing) sprites in the chibi style of Fire Emblem: Heroes! I'll share some I've made once I'm done with the AA-related ones.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

Ok so, remember when I said that I was making some FEH-style chibis? No? Good.

It has been some ages since I've updated my thread, but it is not dead! I recently decided to clean up Isaac (again) because I kept finding some random pixels that were taking up colors... so, since I had 5 more colours to spare, I added some shades to make him smoooooth 8) (ok, not those types of shades...) I also fixed his face a bit. So, without further ado, have a lil preview!

(Images in order: Updated, Previous, Comparison Gif)
ImageImageImage

Yay for progress! Not yay for having to edit all his poses! I'll hopefully have them done this week
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

Legal(?) double post to tell you that the updates have been posted!... Except the Christmas version. I kinda forgot to add it to the sheet while editing colors and such. Oh well, it can wait for after I'm done with the next pose. Which will be *drum roll*... revealed soon.

I decide to work on my cases (finally), so updates will come faster from now on, as I need to have both Isaac and Astin done for the first case. Hope I don't lose my motivation until then.

EDIT: That was quicker than I though LOL

So, Isaac is actually close to completion (I think). There are only a couple of poses left, after the one I made now. Which is...
His desk slam animation! Now he can show them how it's done! As always, talking animation (and in this case, the idle one) in OP

Quick thing to note, I made Isaac with SuperAj3's courtroom in mind, though some quick testing showed me that it works with the Trilogy and AJ desks. Here's how it looks like in the courtroom I'll use:
it's a slightly older version, but I just noticed that so I won't bother updateing the sprite for a preview that doesn't do much
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage