[RP] Endless Warfare: Final Time (starting)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

VGBM
Spoken languages: English

Re: Endless Warfare: Final Time (starting)

Post by VGBM »

Japanifornia, 2018, a living fossil:

Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore.

was strangely the first thought that popped into Ellis's head, likely because recently saw that movie for the first time. (Getting caught up in human culture is hard work.) That line probably didn't actually apply to her, though. It was the character's reaction to being in another world, and from Ellis's perspective, she could've easily still been in Megalopolis. All she knew for certain was that she was no longer in her apartment, but considering the reason she rarely left it, that wasn't good. There was no telling how the general public would react to her.

First things first, she needed to dissolve the immediate situation at hand, that poor man looked so terrified! Ellis carefully raised her hand, er, claws, up to head level (they'd be above her head if they were long enough), then communicated to the guard, "I'm not going to hurt you."

Riftopia, ????, a tempting offer:

This must've been the time to ask questions, because that's what the crowd behind Kendo immediately started doing.

"Why would they do such a thing?"

"Are you sure they'll find us?"

"Can we come with you and not fight?" was a particularly common one, especially among the remaining players. It made sense that some would be more interested in returning to their original homes than partaking in some interdimensional conflict.

There was one question, however, that no one seemed to have asked yet, not even Esmerelda, who was strangely absent at this moment, so Kendo took it upon himself. Still sitting, he raised his hand, then without waiting to be called on, asked, "How do we know you're telling the truth?" He asked not out of suspicion, but genuine curiosity.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

TWEED City - Just Outside the Office of the Mayor - 7000

"Weeeeell now!" TWEED turned to greet him, his idea of a greeting being firing six shots into a nearby wall, at least when surprised. "I told Hench to cancel all my appointments for today, but it looks like we've got a walk-in! That's a little bit rude, if you ask me, but I take it you're not exactly here for the 'ask questions' part of 'shoot first, ask questions later'!" He laughed as he looked the man up and down.

"You don't seem like one of those time travel guys Hench told me about. No, those types of people have uniforms and all that fancy bull, and they all come at once. You're definitely not one of those space pirates I ordered, not with the clothes and the way you're speaking. They put more effort into the whole thing. You're not a killdroid, obviously, and you're not a cop. Probably not a concerned citizen, with those guns. So, that leaves two possibilities here. Number one, you're here to kill me. In which case, you might've chosen the worst possible time to do that, buck-o!" TWEED flicked off some of the ash from his cigar, before proceeding to eat what was left of it without flinching.

"Think about it. If you take me down right now, that means Hench takes over! No offense to the boy, he tries his best, but he's just not mayor material, you know! Hench takes over, everything gets boring, and this place ends up the scrapyard it was before I took over! Of course, that's without thinking about these time traveler folks that just showed up. Without me leading the command to protect this little utopia of ours, morale's going to be real low! And like I said, Hench isn't leader material! He can hardly tie his own shoes, you know! Had to wear fuzzy slippers for a solid week on the job until I could help him! Ha-ha! I'm kidding, it was only three days, but you're smart enough to figure out where I'm going with this. Without someone to send out the killdroids, call up the space pirates, and schedule rat work for the day, these guys will take down my beautiful city in no time at all, and probably lock you up with all the other scumbags I've worked so hard to let run free."

"See, I'm not planning on taking those guys myself with this. Hell no! This is just insurance in case they manage to get inside here. I'll go down fighting, and my people will remember that! Then, once they get the new body up and running, and put in my consciousness from whatever wireless mainframe thing they have it hooked up to now, it'll be gold for reelection season! But that's if I get to issue my commands first and we kick their asses back into last week, pun intended. So, if you are here to kill me, it'd be best to wait until after all this blows over, and you can make sure everything's all well and good for boring old Hench to take over, wouldn't you say?"

"Of course, we're forgetting something. Number two. You're one of those expensive mercenary types I hired to guard this place. I don't recognize your face for whatever reason, or maybe I do, and that's why I decided to hire you. You're not exactly reliable, but you'll help me out with this bit of cleaning work since it benefits both our interests, and I'll give you a bonus for it. Then, once we've taken out this bit of trash and made the city even nicer than it already is, I'll throw a bit of extra cash your way to go and clean up a little more, on account of somebody sending a guy after me to kill me, who we'll just forget. I'll even give you a parade, maybe a statue or a park or something, just for your troubles. You'll be known as the man who saved the people of TWEED City, and TWEED himself!" He reached into a pocket, taking out a wad of TWEED City's very own TWEED Fun Bucks, and counting it out. "So, which is it, m'boy?"
Spoiler : apple :
username: double linguine alfredo
car type: car with wings
persona: red baron (like the pizza)
backstory: it's a car with wings
emotion: morose
powers: wings
gas mileage: it can fly
Spoiler : App :
Name: Sonia "El Cuervo" Reyes
From: Flytrap Canyon, 189X, at some point after the bar fight.
Description: Sonia has wavy, shoulder-length black hair, brown eyes, and tanned skin. She wears a black wide-brimmed fedora with a raven's feather decorating it, a white button-up shirt with the sleeves ripped off, a black vest, black fingerless gloves, dark brown pants, a brown belt with a silver buckle and holsters for her twin revolvers, and black boots with brass spurs. She also wears a harmonica on a string as a kind of necklace.
Original App: Name: Sonia "El Cuervo" Reyes
Group: Bandit
Gear:
-Spiked knuckle dusters. Used for roughing people up, but she mainly uses them for intimidation.
-Twin revolvers. Nicknamed "the Talons". They're equipped to fire a special type of bullet with barbs on it, so as to make it more difficult to remove.
-Harmonica. She keeps it on a string and wears it as a necklace. Plays it whenever she feels like it.
Bio: Sonia grew up in a small town, and, when she was younger, made a "gang of bandits" with her group of friends, though they really just kind of messed around. As they got older, they kept this little gang together and became unofficial protectors to the town, scaring away whatever troublemakers came by. They got to play bandit, the townspeople were grateful, and they got paid for it. Everyone was happy. Sonia then heard of the train robbery plan, and wanted in. She would bring back her share, split it, and make her little gang rich. Her friends weren't really all that sure about engaging in actual criminal activity with the kind of troublemakers they tried to stop, but they let her go and do it anyway. She met up with these bandits, train-robbing ensued, and that's her story up until now.

Sonia isn't a fan of violence, preferring to use intimidation techniques if possible. She tries to act cool and and mysterious around the other Bandits, but in reality she doesn't know what she's gotten herself into. She doesn't trust the other bandits, but is forcing herself to stick around by reminding herself that when this is over, she'll have a big score to bring to her friends. She's pretty cheerful and excitable when she's not putting on an intimidation act, and is well-liked by her friends and townspeople.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Shelvington Courtyard - 2013 - Gordeau:

"Mm?" Gordeau looked up towards Gary, returning a similar friendly grin, not fazed at all by the student's size. "Hey, man. I'm not hurting anything, am I? Not intentionally, anyways..." He let out a soft chuckle before continuing. "Though maybe I am, in which case, let me just pack up my bags, and move back to where I came from and- Oh. Wait. I can't. I'm not exactly from around here, I have more and more questions by the minute, and this seems like a pretty good place to get some answers. "

He looked off to the side to see some blue goo monster starting to give a speech.

"So question number one: Mind telling me what this 'Order' is all about? And info on that 'Test' would be appreciated as well."

In trying to pay attention to both Gary and Gert, Gordeau happened to catch a glance at a fairly good-looking young lady with excellent fashion sense, clearly not enjoying herself as much as the others. Not exactly feeling like moving to prove some point to Gary, he simply let out a wolf whistle, and started paying attention to whoever might've been talking.

Streets - 2025 - Zoie:

Well... that didn't work at all. Her empty threat flew right over the green man's head, and the chick with the hammer shot back with a short lecture, giving Zoie an idea of just how outclassed she really was. She knew this was bad, but dang, this was bad. Her backward pace increased, and she soon ended up bolting back to her hideout with surprising speed for such a malnourished-looking girl. She hopped over the counter and hid in her usual spot in the fleeting hope that they wouldn't follow.
shadowjoe323

Post by shadowjoe323 »

Proprius: Proelio Tower - 2017

Ah, another beautiful day in Proprius. Camouflage McGee posed elegantly, staring down at the great city with his camouflaged binoculars. The Order seemed to be busy working away on fixing their "Tower of Control". Camo had never investigated it himself, but it definitely seemed suspicious. The Order themselves were quite odd themselves. Proprius has always had super-powered people, but the Order seemed... different somehow. Camouflage had yet to crack the case, but he was certain something was off.

Oh well, enough deep thought for one day. Camouflage went back to searching around the city, looking for any supers or other incidents. Hopefully he'd be able to find someone to mentor today. It had been so long since he had had last been able to loudly inspire the youth.

After not seeing much on the streets, Camo put his binoculars down and looked around, hoping to find something with his wider view. Nothing much on the ground. The Tower of Control still was being fixed up. Giant bird flying through the sky... Wait, what? Putting the binoculars back to his eyes, Camouflage investigated this flying anomaly. It started to dash down towards the Racehorse Track, but he caught a glimpse of it before it disappeared.

"*gasp* HORSIEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

And like the flying horse, Camouflage dashed down from Proelio Tower. Jumping to a fire escape while camouflaging himself, climbing in through a window, waiting for someone to take the elevator, no one taking the elevator, running down all the stairs, posing at the very bottom, taking a few minutes to breathe........ And eventually jogging off towards the Racehorse Tracks.

Catching his breath outside of the Tracks, Camo prepared to enter. He was determined to find this horsie and make it love him and be his main mode of transportation. He uncamouflaged himself and entered, likely gathering a few stares from people reasonably confused by a muscular shirtless man clad in camouflage shorts, safari hat, and sandals. He scanned the area, hoping to find his future flying friend.
Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Mono »

Inaba, 2015 - Python

Huh? The hell is all this stuff? Sure, he could recognize a few things from this closet, but... hmm. Well, this was only some kind of storage. Not like he'd find some kind of exit here or something. The equipment seems to mostly still be intact... though he's not in a mood to mess around with this stuff. He's gotta find a way out and all.

Python makes his way out, but unfortunately for him, he steps on a dolly and sends it rolling, making him almost lose balance and plant himself on his rear had he not caught himself at the last second. The dolly went rolling and rolling and crashed right into a shelf of equipment, sending it flying onto the ground, making a lot of noise, especially since the door was still wide open.

"... What a bust."
Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Post by Hesseldahl »

Shelvington-2017:

"ELISE DON'T JUMP! WE DIDN'T KILL HER! " Paolo screamed at the top of his lungs, he looked at his surroundings, still agitated, some seconds passed for Paolo to realize that he was at his room, and that Elise was only a memory.

What a nightmare, I should, just sleep five more minutes.

*CRAAAAASH* "AAAAAAAAH!"

Paolo quickly got up again, from his window he could see, hell, flames where everywhere, a giant crater had been made, and there was someone that he couldn't recognize instantly. He jumped out of bed and tried to hit the Order Alarm, just for his surprise to see that it was busted.

...Isis, when this gets resolved I'll have a chat with you...Well it doesn't matter!

Thankfully, Paolo was really good at sports, especially running, in a matter of 10 seconds he was already at the scene, ready to face this new situation. (More or less because he still was on his pijamas.)

Japanifornia-2018

Come on Gretta! Today's the big day.

Gretta was on her cheap car that was almost falling to pieces, today she needed to impress her boss without breaking her tight budget. She was going to get the some of the best donuts on the city, those were sold at The San Fran Sokyo Natural History Museum's Cafeteria, normally, those donuts would cost quite a lot, but the manager on the cafeteria, liked Gretta enough to give her a special discount.

She half-assedly parked her car at The San Fran Sokyo Natural History Museum's parking lot , she needed to get back in 30 mins, so she wouldn't had to pay the parking ticket, she runned to the main entrance of the museum without ever losing her gracefulness or style, she excelled at running with her high heels, since she was a citizen of San Fran Sokyo, the entrance to the museum was free for her, in order to get to the cafeteria, she needed to pass the dinosaurs main exhibition, when she got there she saw something unbelievable.

"Che diavolo?!" She screamed, before tripping into the ground.

There was a living dinosaur with a doctor? costume. Gretta was shocked.
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

New York - The Streets - 2025

Aha, so the flying red girl was named Vita. She may even be a knight, with the way she brings that hammer about. This was most fortuitous, having an ally in this strange land was certainly a boon.

The little girl ran off into the building she had come from, which left Forsyth confused for a moment. Perhaps the girl was scared? With the undead roaming about he couldn't blame her. For a child her age to experience such a nightmarish time must be truly traumatizing. It would be remiss for Forsyth to leave a helpless child such as her alone. At the same time, the girl seemed to be a local, perhaps she could help them navigate this strange realm and find a portal back home.

"Lady Vita! I propose we follow the child to her fortress! With the Terrors lurking about, I'd say this is our safest option as we adapt to our surroundings." he told Vita, before proceeding to march towards the convenience store.

Stepping into unfamiliar territory, the armored knight's heavy footsteps were anything but quiet as he walked on broken glass and all other manners of debris that lay in the way. He called out for the little girl, trying to reassure her that he meant no harm.

"There is no need to be afraid! I will not harm you little girl. Though I may be a man in large armor wielding a lance I would sooner die than harm an innocent! Er... you are an innocent right? You are not possessed or anything?"

Perhaps he should have let Lady Vita do the searching, she could fly after all.

TWEED City - 7000

John didn't even flinch when the tommy gun went off. Instead, he searched the many pockets of his bandolier for a cigarette. While the mayor was going on figuring out which side of the coin John fell on, the bounty hunter was barely even paying attention. Only catching some things about him not being familiar, something about fuzzy slippers, and his consciousness being uploaded from some remote location. Figures, that was the trouble with killing AIs, there's always a backup copy laying around somewhere. Well, not that it mattered now, John had been hired to bodyguard TWEED, except the tinman didn't even seem to recall that fact.

Finally finding his pack of cigarettes, he took one out. Just as TWEED was counting the literal play money in his hand, John casually flipped open the robot's thumb and lit his cigarette with the built-in lighter. Rather than put it in his mouth however, he put the lit end to the stack of money in TWEED's hand and set it smoldering.

"I don't deal in non-universal currency." he said, putting out the cigarette and tossing it perfectly into the trash bin behind him without looking. "And trust me Tinman, if I was sent to kill you we wouldn't be having this conversation right now. Fortunately for you, option two is exactly what I'm here for. Don't worry, the bill will automatically be charged."

"As for our enemies, well, let's take a look shall we?" John said, activating his visor to scan the slowly approaching soldiers of the Big Ben Order.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Detective Luke Atmey wrote:
Spoiler : apple :
username: double linguine alfredo
car type: car with wings
persona: red baron (like the pizza)
backstory: it's a car with wings
emotion: morose
powers: wings
gas mileage: it can fly
Spoiler : App :
Name: Sonia "El Cuervo" Reyes
From: Flytrap Canyon, 189X, at some point after the bar fight.
Description: Sonia has wavy, shoulder-length black hair, brown eyes, and tanned skin. She wears a black wide-brimmed fedora with a raven's feather decorating it, a white button-up shirt with the sleeves ripped off, a black vest, black fingerless gloves, dark brown pants, a brown belt with a silver buckle and holsters for her twin revolvers, and black boots with brass spurs. She also wears a harmonica on a string as a kind of necklace.
Original App: Name: Sonia "El Cuervo" Reyes
Group: Bandit
Gear:
-Spiked knuckle dusters. Used for roughing people up, but she mainly uses them for intimidation.
-Twin revolvers. Nicknamed "the Talons". They're equipped to fire a special type of bullet with barbs on it, so as to make it more difficult to remove.
-Harmonica. She keeps it on a string and wears it as a necklace. Plays it whenever she feels like it.
Bio: Sonia grew up in a small town, and, when she was younger, made a "gang of bandits" with her group of friends, though they really just kind of messed around. As they got older, they kept this little gang together and became unofficial protectors to the town, scaring away whatever troublemakers came by. They got to play bandit, the townspeople were grateful, and they got paid for it. Everyone was happy. Sonia then heard of the train robbery plan, and wanted in. She would bring back her share, split it, and make her little gang rich. Her friends weren't really all that sure about engaging in actual criminal activity with the kind of troublemakers they tried to stop, but they let her go and do it anyway. She met up with these bandits, train-robbing ensued, and that's her story up until now.

Sonia isn't a fan of violence, preferring to use intimidation techniques if possible. She tries to act cool and and mysterious around the other Bandits, but in reality she doesn't know what she's gotten herself into. She doesn't trust the other bandits, but is forcing herself to stick around by reminding herself that when this is over, she'll have a big score to bring to her friends. She's pretty cheerful and excitable when she's not putting on an intimidation act, and is well-liked by her friends and townspeople.
wowie zowie another car!!! accepted
Spoiler : Museum of Natural History, 2018 :
The guard is even more shocked to hear... feel?? Whatever?? To think that this living raptor is communicating with him? His mind races with fear, trying to rationalize the situation.

“I...” He suddenly breaks into a grin and laughs. “I must be dreaming! Phew!”

But then Gretta appears, just as surprised, and the Guard’s smile fades. He looks back and forth beteen the girl and raptor. Slowly, he raises a trembling finger towards the dinosaur.

“Y... You see it t-too?” He asks, his face paling, and hand reaching for something on his belt.
Spoiler : Inaba, 2015 :
The clatter from the Gymnasium alerts the search team of policemen roaming the school. "What was that?" they say. "I think it came from the gym!" Python hears footsteps fast approaching.
Spoiler : Proprius Horsetrack, 2017 :
The racetrack stinks of alcohol and shattered dreams, torn up tickets covering the ground and the sounds of cheers and clopping hooves filling the air. As Camo approaches, a small sign plastered near the door catches his eye: "No Supers Please".

Nearby, Camo can see a line of induviduals placing their bets outside the track and watching the race on a screen-- From the looks of their flaming heads and elongated bodies, they're pretty clearly Supers. Near the front, a pretty burly fellow in sunglasses is on the lookout, checking everyone who passes in.

Suddenly, the crowd begins to yell and boo in frustration-- On the screen, a pegasus flies into the race, knocking over two of the jockies and throwing the race into chaos.

"L-ladies and gentlemen, there seems to have been an upset-- What the hell is that!? GET IT OFF THE TRACK NOW--"

The screen blacks out, replaced with "technical difficulties" as the crowd begins to rave with anger.
Spoiler : Shelvington Courtyard, 2013 :
"And now without further ado! If your name is read, please stand!" Gerl said, grinning wide as he pulled a file from his goopy form, and began to read off the list. Its unclear how he does this without eyes.

Names start going and students start standing. One by one they rise, new soldiers for the Order. Outcasts finally given place in their world. No longer would they be freaks, loners, the scum they were told all their lives they’d been; Now, the Order had given them a place. And once the test concluded, they would finally be ready.

Meanwhile, Gary’s grin turns hard as Gordeau refuses to comply. “...How did you get here. Are you working for the Guardians?”

He placed a large hand on the man’s shoulder, gripping it hard. “Depending on your answer, I think we’re going to have to take this outside, friend.”

“...Friday Fernando! And finally...” Gerl said, “Jennifer Fraiser! Now, students, you will be escorted to the proving grounds for the test, and finally, you will be ready to join our Order! Congratulations!”

The crowd applauds as armored soldiers march around the courtyard towards the selected 12 students.
Spoiler : Shelvington Dorms, 2017 :
Behind the boy's dorm, a student lays injured, blood dripping from one of his arms. Paolo recognizes him vaguely, but can’t put a name to the face. They’ve never really spoken until now. Behind the boy, flames lick at the edges of the crater, smoke and dust rising around it-- Paolo can feel the heat even from meters away. He can't see what exactly is inside the crater yet, but he can make out something glowing inside.

The student, meanwhile, sports a twisted leg and bleeding arm, propping himself up against a tree as he tries to keep away from the flames. He sees Paolo nearby and reaches out.

"Thank god... please... help!" He says, grunting, “Something just... fell from the sky.. Nearly killed me....”
Spoiler : Limbo Plaza, ????? :
Gerl Gasgort grins, then waves a squishy hand towards one of the soldiers nearby, who nods and disappears back into the ship.

"Your skepticism is understandable," Gerl said, nodding goopily, "When the Order first found my world, I asked that very same question! The Order came, promising to protect our planet, and we shunned them... Until the Guardians came.”

The slimy speaker’s body sagged, and his grin faded. “We would have been so much better off if we’d accepted their help.”

Gerl quickly gooped himself up and returned his grin. “But that was the past-- Or future, depending on where you’re looking at it. And so, I give you...”

The soldier returned, holding a large, spherical device. Gerl quickly shot a few tendrils into it, and the orb then cast down a beam of light into the air, then opening a rift in the sky. On the other end of the rift, suddenly, ground appeared; and into view walked an armored soldier bearing the 12 handed clock, gazing at the crowd, then at Gerl.

“Yes, Quellon Gerl? What brings us this call?”

“Hey there, Quellon Sark,” Gerl said, beaming a toothy grin, “Can you tell us what’s going on in your neck of the time?”

“Guardian attack-- it’s real bad, my Quellon. I think we’ve lost this one. We’re almost out of Time, and-- no!”

Suddenly, a massive beast of countless golden gears burst towards the soldier, howling-- The soldier fired and blasted the beast, its gears flying past him and into the Plaza, landing near the feet of the crowd.

“My Quellon, this is a bad time...”

“I apologize, Sark,” Gerl said, “But I think you’ve made our point. Thank you.”

With that, the portal closed, and Gerl turned to the crowd, his tentacles stretching to pick up one of the golden gears. The gears still trembled and shook, as if alive, slowly trying to roll and reconnect to each other on the ground.
Spoiler : Flytrap Canyon, 1895 :
The situation in Flytrap Canyon is tense; one of the last parts of the US west not yet under control of the Order, and the Order wants to fix that. They didn't take kindly to the heist that El Cuervo and her companions just pulled-- And while Flytrap Canyon is one of the last places to stay free, it might also be the last corner before the hounds close in.

Sonia’s in a tight spot. Bounty hunters are on her trail, and her gang has been split up. Most of the crew spread out across the canyon, looking for ways out or good places to make a stand, but nobody’s seen or heard from Gull for hours now. She sits alone in their underground hideout, nothing but her guns and her share of the gold. The Order or the Bounty Hunters could be descending any second... But if you stay here, there’s nothing to be done but wait.
Spoiler : TWEED City Outskirts, Year 7000 :
John’s visor zooms ahead, several meters away to the outskirts of the city, where a squad of large, pure white cubes speed in a line, hovering just above the ground. Suddenly, the floating cubes stop, then all speed towards a nearby Hover Bus, smashing into it; as the passengers screamed and ran out, the cubes quickly descended upon them-- John watches as the citizens are sucked through the pure white surface of the cubes, pulled inside without a trace left. Once there are none left, they continue on, advancing towards the city.

These futuristic cubes are known as Cell Cubes, life-tracking drones designed to fly in and absorb civilians to keep them out of harm’s way before the real attack.They follow targets solely by Bio-Scan, and are extremely difficult to escape once they lock on. John’s visor locks onto six cubes total heading into the city.

Though his visor doesn’t pick up anything else, it’s a sure bet that more,deadlier vehicles are on their way, just waiting for the Cubes to clean up the city before bringing in the heavy artillery.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

New York Streets - 2025 - Vita

Huh. So she ran away, didn't she? It seemed that her whole bravado earlier was just an act. On one hand, at least that probably meant she wasn't an enemy. On the other hand, this very well could be a trap. But surely someone that age couldn't be that clever and wise beyond their years, right?

But still, it seemed that Forsyth had already made up his mind, marching towards the convenience store amidst the glass and the debris.

Vita, on the other hand, proceeded to glide her way towards the entrance, with Graf Eisen still firmly gripped in her hands, preparing for the worst...

Proprius - 2017 - Clair

The last thing Clair could remember was that she was exploring some ruins off in Valentia... Some ancient temple of sorts, filled with the promise of treasure. But now...? Looking around her, the world looked, well, completely different. Firstly, gone was the dark dampness of the temple's innards, but she was somehow outside in the bright and warm sun. No longer was she surrounded by decaying ruins, but now she was surrounded by towering buildings of stone. But, perhaps most strikingly, it seemed like a completely different era of time she was in - her garb very much was different from the people around her. Maybe it was a time of peace? Considering that everyone seemed to be dressed in much more casual clothing than she was (though, she wasn't exactly sure, as the clothing that the others were wearing certainly didn't seem recognizable to her).

In the time she was looking around though, she realized that she wasn't exactly standing around in the greatest of positions - after all, there seemed to be these great people encapsulating metallic beasts that were passing around her.

"My deepest apologies to all of you!" Clair said, as she made her way off, towards an area where these... Things weren't moving towards.

After making it to safety, she checked her belongings. It... Seemed almost everything was with her. She still had her lance, some Holey Cheese, a Dagon Filet, a couple of Sweet Cookies, as well as her supply of five Gold Marks and three hundred Silver Marks. However... There was something very important that was missing. She looked up in the sky and saw a white winged horse descend down towards an area that wasn't too far away from her.

"C-Clive...? Goodness gracious, what are you doing over there?"

Clair quickly made her way towards the area, not sure what to expect of this strange new world...

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Spoiler : SPECIAL OOC ANNOUNCEMENT POST :
I'd like to announce that shadowjoe has started officially GM assisting me and will be doing GM posts alongside me as needed. I've given him the notes on all my planned plots so far, minus his own. This way I no longer have to write mile long GM posts. Thanks for the assist Joe.
VGBM

Post by VGBM »

Japanifornia, 2018, the museum:

Wow, that actually worked? Maybe she could get away with this. Or maybe she could, if another person hadn't shown up.

Slightly panicked, Ellis directed her next words toward the newcomer, but made sure both could still "hear" her. "No worries, I won't hurt you either!" Was this just how she was going to introduce herself to everyone? That's going to get real tired real quick.

Aww great, now the man was reaching for something, and considering his uniform, it probably wasn't a lollipop. Claws still raised, Ellis didn't know what else to do so she just began to back away slowly.

Riftopia, ????, in front of the airship:

Kendo smirked. He was impressed that Gerl had more than just words to back him up. Not that that presentation alone proved everything, but hopefully it helped other civilians more easily make a choice. Kendo, however, needed a completely different answer before making his choice, "and what will happen to the town after this? Will you stay here? Move us somewhere 'safe'? Watch from afar? Or just leave?" He also wanted to know how many were joining the Order, how many would be left, and where Esmerelda was during all of this, but only the passage of time would answer those ones.
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Shelvington Courtyard - 2013 - Gordeau:

Even as Giant Gary's grip tightened on Gordeau's shoulder, he barely did so much as flinch. From the way he was acting, you'd think Gary was giving him a relaxing massage after a rough day on the job. No, that was giving it too much credit. The shirtless man simply didn't care.

"Hey, now, bucko. You didn't answer my question, so why the hell should I answer yours?" Gordeau's tone of voice retained most of its casualness as well. It seemed like that only served to anger the giant more, because now he was sending threats his way.

Gordeau gave his threats a hearty laugh, like he was telling a good joke.

"Oh, buddy. Oh buddy, old friend, old pal... You know, where I come from, slugging it out's a pretty big part of the lifestyle, so if you really want to go down that road, go ahead. Though slamming you into the pavement... I doubt it'd even be worth my time. Not something I'd care to remember, really..." He shrugged his left shoulder, his expression turning slightly more somber for a moment.

He stood stock still for a moment, before delivering a fierce jab with his left fist directed toward Giant Gary's gut. The strangest part of it all was just how offhand it seemed from reading his body language. Just how strong is this guy? "You can consider that one a cultural exchange." He pocketed his hand. "Now... let's try that again. What can you tell me about that Order of yours?" He inquired a second time, leaning back against the wall like he hadn't done anything.

Convenience Store - 2025 - Zoie:

Zoie did her best to stay hidden behind the counter, fidgeting with her baseball bat out of nervousness and fear, only accentuated when she heard the loud crunches underneath the heavy feet of the Boisterous Jade Knight. When she heard his voice, she instinctively popped up from her little shelter, baseball bat raised and ready to strike, knowing that it'd probably do jack against that guy.

"D-Don't... Don't come closer!" Zoie stammered out as she looked around. Oh, jeez, the red-haired lady was in here, too. And she could fly?! That just wasn't fair!

"There is no need to be afraid! I will not harm you little girl. Though I may be a man in large armor wielding a lance I would sooner die than harm an innocent! Er... you are an innocent right? You are not possessed or anything?" Yeah, innocent. As innocent as a girl trying to trap people so she could knock them cold and steal their stuff could be... Wait. What did he just say?

"...Possessed...? What are you on?" Zoie stared him down. It was like he jumped right out of some weird, off-brand superhero comic, complete with cheesy vocal patterns. And that lady was still flying around. The amount of preposterous in the convenience store was enough for Zoie to slowly lower her weapon, though there was still a good number of emotions in her eyes. Fear, lots of fear, but also skepticism, distrust, and also... intrigue?

These two were weird.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Shelvington Courtyard, 2013: A few heads turn in the audience, surprised that blows were being thrown; more were shocked that someone managed to stagger Giant Gary like that. Nobody bothered to get up, though, and the Principal merely grinned and twiddled his thumbs.

"Pay no mind, students. Security will break it up soon. Now, have all the students selected for the Order risen and approached the stage...?"

Giant Gary is staggered by the hit, stumbling back but seems generally unharmed. His eyes pop in surprise, and his friendly grin slowly fades. Instead of retaliating, his hand snaps to his waist, briefly touching a small radio, before he stops, letting out a short chuckle.

"Hookay, there buddy," The large student says, a not very sincere-looking grin crossing his face, "...Do you really not know where you are? You just happened to wash up onshore of one of the Order's top security test labs on this hemisphere of the planet, and you don't even know the Order? The Order that RUNS this planet?"

"Gary." A voice buzzed from the radio. "What's the verdict. Is this intruder hostile?"

Gary squinted at Gordeau. "Okay, let me tell you what's what. You're trespassing on a very important place on a very important day. I'm a nice guy so leave now and I won't have to throw you out. You hit pretty hard, pal, but let me tell you..."

Gary cracked his knuckles confidently, his fists rugged and meaty like sausages made of cement. "I think I hit a hell of a lot harder."

Limbo Plaza, ?????: Gerl shrugged his squishy shoulders. "Well, that remains to be seen! Right now we're mostly focused on the whole 'war for all of time' thing going on! Can't cook the pig before its killed! But what I can say is that unless we win, and the Guardians find this place? Well, there won't be any negotiations at all. None of you will get a say in their world."

A series of perfect, orderly holes opened in the ship's massive hull, and out of each hole extended a staircase slowly reaching down towards the crowd.

Gerl stretched his arms wide. "And so! My friends, we ask-- Any of you willing to join us. Please step forward now! For our world. For ALL worlds. Join us! Don't worry about room aboard the ship-- It's bigger on the inside than the out."
shadowjoe323

Re: [RP] Endless Warfare: Final Time (starting)

Post by shadowjoe323 »

Outside Proprious Horsetrack

Camouflage was appalled by the injustice on display. Did they think all Supers were lawbreaking criminals?! Camo would prove them wrong. By breaking their laws. He stood behind the line, attempting to hide his muscly frame from the guard. Even if he was seen however, it likely wouldn't matter too much. He camouflaged himself and slipped past the guard, into the track.

Once he had arrived, Camo began to search around the track, looking for the pegasus. After finding it, he began sprinting towards it, preparing himself for his plan. When he got close enough, he'd decamouflage and jump onto the pegasus' back, posing majestically. This would show everyone that a Super saved the day! And how cool he looked with his new flying horsie! Mostly the latter.
Spoiler : oops I forgot this :
username: shadowsleuth323
car type: with swords
persona: dragon
backstory: Carm was an angry car and he fought and played swords with his enemies the empire and killed them and for his sister and this time he's going to kill them even if it kills them
emotion: murder AND anrgy
powers: kill. Also sword and magic (forgot that in the original app whoops)
gas mileage: 1-3, CaR, CaR: Automatic
Spoiler : I have less self control than I thought :
Before the app, to respond to Sleuth's SPECIAL OOC ANNOUNCEMENT, no problem Sleuth! Glad I can help with this crazy crazy universe you've created.

Name: Caim
From: Midgard, the world of the Drakengard games. I'll be playing him from some point after Ending A of the first game, but he'll remember all the other endings' timelines because why not.
Description: Image
Caim's a sadistic former prince. His parents died, his kingdom fell, and his sister's the goddess now and is always in danger and busy, so he got pretty pissed about that. He says he fights to protect his sister and avenge his parents, but he just really likes killing things and fighting.
When fending off the Empire from the Goddess' castle, Caim was mortally wounded. He found a wounded dragon in the castle and made a pact with it, allowing them both to survive, but at the cost of Caim's ability to speak. He did a lot of fighting to save her and there was a lot of Drakengard plot stuff that I won't spoil, but after the end the world's all screwed up and kinda destroyed mostly, and the dragon he made a pact with is sealed so he can't break the pact and she can't come help him in wacky crazy time land.
Other: So Caim's mute. This is good because I can't mess up characterization like I would for characters who talk probably gonna cause some issues but I dunno I'll handle it. He can just kill dudes and ignore everyone who talks to him that'd be cool. And surprisingly in character. Also this means he has a cool pact mark on his tongue. He'll probably just flash it at someone when they ask why he can't talk.

He fights with his sword, so hopefully he'll have that or else he'd basically just be a sadistic murderer without a weapon, and that's no fun.

Edit: he also has magic. Since he's from a Dynasty Warriors-esque game, it's extremely OP in this setting, so I'll be limiting it by quite a bit, likely only using his magic available to him with his sword (a kind of fire blast explosion thingy that appears from the floor), and possibly much weaker versions of other magic, though even then it would probably be rare.

Since he has memories of all the endings and timelines it'll probably be easier for him to not be freaked out by time travel and stuff since he knows about alternate universes somehow. Of course this probably won't be shown much since he can't talk.
Last edited by shadowjoe323 on Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
VGBM

Re: [RP] Endless Warfare: Final Time (starting)

Post by VGBM »

Riftopia, ????, let's try that again:

Kendo, strangely, chuckled. "No, no, you misunderstand," He stood up when the stairs lower, but otherwise remained unmoved. "I meant during the war, not after it. What will you do to this town after you've taken it's recruits?"

As his words became more blunt, people in the immediate vicinity might notice the slight build in tension. Whether it was from anticipation or mere frustration was hard to say. Whatever it was, the wolf's tail was still again, not raised, yet, but still.