Looking Back (Awards Ceremony is out!)

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Super legenda
Spoken languages: Español e Ingles

Re: Looking Back

Post by Super legenda »

DJJ6800 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:30 am
Super legenda wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:01 am
SuperAj3 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:45 am At this point your awards ceremony will be longer than Nick's and my case LOL
Lol! The ceremony is basically its own case too I guess.
You mean we have to cross examine testimonies and find contradictions in order to find out who won? That's too much wooooooorrrrrrrkkkk...
LMAO! Nah, not that.
clcman
Spoken languages: English

Post by clcman »

At this point, the only thing longer than the awards ceremony will be this hype thread for the awards ceremony!
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

I think the ceremony is already longer than my case...
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
Super legenda

Post by Super legenda »

clcman wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:59 am At this point, the only thing longer than the awards ceremony will be this hype thread for the awards ceremony!
A long hype does sounds nice.
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

FenrirDarkWolf wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:23 am I think the ceremony is already longer than my case...
Definitely longer than mine.
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

I expect a Contempt of Court case 1 style cross examination with 5 contradictions.
Minimum.
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Super legenda

Post by Super legenda »

SuperAj3 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:45 am I expect a Contempt of Court case 1 style cross examination with 5 contradictions.
Minimum.
LMAO! That'd be something, but also too cruel, probably.
risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Post by risefromtheashes »

clcman wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:36 am I feel like this will drive you to further framage for the sake of a record, but N.O.T. Endgame clocks in at 1474 frames.
Well, uh... We're at 1426, and we haven't announced the winner yet.
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

*Obligatory post to keep the comp hype going while waiting for the ceremony*
Super legenda

Post by Super legenda »

DJJ6800 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:54 pm *Obligatory post to keep the comp hype going while waiting for the ceremony*
*Obligatory thank you for obligatory post to keep the comp hype going while Ash makes the ceremony*
clcman

Post by clcman »

Guy: "Hey? What's that coming out of left field?"
Gal: "Is that... clcman with a jetpack?"
*crash*
clcman: "YOU'RE DARN RIGHT IT IS!"
Guy: "What are you doing here?"
clcman: "Freed from the tyranny of deadlines, I have spent the judging period hammering away at a secret project for this comp!"
Gal: "Oh my! Something that follows a bunch of prior comp themes?"
clcman: "...No, not really. I checked the list and it gets like 'Have a character over the age of 50' from Roulette Rules. Maybe 'Bright Age of the Law'."
Guy: "So your secret project for the comp is... not following the comp theme?"
clcman: "INCORRECT! On the contrary, my project does not follow the comp theme because the Looking Back comp was not looking back far enough!"
Gal: "You don't mean..."
clcman: "I don't, actually. But we have put off this reveal with gags for long enough. BEHOLD!"
Spoiler : BEHOLD! :

That's right folks. My first-ever AAO case, winner of the Canon? Screw Canon! competition over NINE years ago is back and repolished for the AAO V6 engine! Should this have happened like six years ago when V6 came out? Probably! But it didn't and it's happening now, so celebrate!

...That said, it's not public just yet. Gotta get that free beta-testing valuable judges' opinions worked in their first. Make sure the duct tape is sufficiently well-hidden. But hey, it's coming! And just in time to delay the awards ceremony even further! Am I on-brand or what?
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

clcman wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:58 am Guy: "Hey? What's that coming out of left field?"
Gal: "Is that... clcman with a jetpack?"
*crash*
clcman: "YOU'RE DARN RIGHT IT IS!"
Guy: "What are you doing here?"
clcman: "Freed from the tyranny of deadlines, I have spent the judging period hammering away at a secret project for this comp!"
Gal: "Oh my! Something that follows a bunch of prior comp themes?"
clcman: "...No, not really. I checked the list and it gets like 'Have a character over the age of 50' from Roulette Rules. Maybe 'Bright Age of the Law'."
Guy: "So your secret project for the comp is... not following the comp theme?"
clcman: "INCORRECT! On the contrary, my project does not follow the comp theme because the Looking Back comp was not looking back far enough!"
Gal: "You don't mean..."
clcman: "I don't, actually. But we have put off this reveal with gags for long enough. BEHOLD!"
Spoiler : BEHOLD! :

That's right folks. My first-ever AAO case, winner of the Canon? Screw Canon! competition over NINE years ago is back and repolished for the AAO V6 engine! Should this have happened like six years ago when V6 came out? Probably! But it didn't and it's happening now, so celebrate!

...That said, it's not public just yet. Gotta get that free beta-testing valuable judges' opinions worked in their first. Make sure the duct tape is sufficiently well-hidden. But hey, it's coming! And just in time to delay the awards ceremony even further! Am I on-brand or what?
Spoiler : :
Or what.
Nicky Boy
Spoken languages: Ελληνικά, English

Post by Nicky Boy »

At first I was worried I missed the awards because I haven't logged in on a while.

Instead I'm crying in a corner because that comment about it being longer than Surprise! It's a Christmas Turnabout is very much true and there's only room for more
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Super legenda

Post by Super legenda »

Nicky Boy wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:26 pm At first I was worried I missed the awards because I haven't logged in on a while.

Instead I'm crying in a corner because that comment about it being longer than Surprise! It's a Christmas Turnabout is very much true and there's only room for more
Aw, c'mon, Surprise was just the correct length. It's just that Ash is really motivated about doing a lot with the ceremony.
risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Post by risefromtheashes »

Nicky Boy wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:26 pm At first I was worried I missed the awards because I haven't logged in on a while.

First of all, no crying, you did a good job!

Second of all, I have no idea how to say this without feeling like I'm rubbing it in, but we're at about 2075 frames for the ceremony, and we should be finished in a day or two!
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!