a way to play like you would on the 3ds (dialogue wise)

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

theimortal1974
Spoken languages: English

a way to play like you would on the 3ds (dialogue wise)

Post by theimortal1974 »

i love playing all these cases on this website but i get tired of clicking the mouse so many times to get through them. i miss the 3ds method where you push a button to advance the dialogue. i'm sure there are other ways to achieve this but my idea is to get an auto-clicking software that is activated by hotkey and whenever it's activated it clicks on the advance dialogue button once and no repeat. although you could set it to repeat but then either it will cut long sentences short or make you wait too long for short sentences. the only other problem is usually hotkeys are a combo and nobody wants to press ctrl-something every time they want to advance the text. something to think about anyway.

edit: apparently it works well as an auto play. i set it to click every 5 seconds and i haven't had a sentence cut off. it makes for a longer wait for really really short sentences but not terribly. maybe the cinematic ones where someone talks very very very slowly but usually those are un-skippable anyway.

2nd edit: 3 seconds works though i wouldn't set it any shorter. though if it is too short it will just instantly bring the rest of the text out and no skip it.
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Re: a way to play like you would on the 3ds (dialogue wise)

Post by SuperAj3 »

There do exist auto-clicker programs. Also when making a case you can set timers for dialogue frames to make them automatically go to the next.

AAO was made to replicate the DS games, and so any newer features like the log, notes tab in the Court Record or other new mechanics aren't available.
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
theimortal1974

Post by theimortal1974 »

when i said 3ds i meant ds also. i was mainly referring to to advancing the text with a button press instead of clicking on a mouse forever.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Just to be clear, "advancing the text" means having a single click-and-hold skip through multiple frames of text, as opposed to one click for each frame of text?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

I think they mean pressing the enter key instead of clicking the "next" button. Like how PYWright allows.
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
theimortal1974

Post by theimortal1974 »

Enthalpy wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:06 am Just to be clear, "advancing the text" means having a single click-and-hold skip through multiple frames of text, as opposed to one click for each frame of text?
okay well that's not what i meant. but thanks for pointing it out.