[P] [E] Music loop function not working for custom music

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

applekitty
Spoken languages: English

[P] [E] Music loop function not working for custom music

Post by applekitty »

Not sure if this is a bug or something I'm doing wrong. If I am, then I guess this'll just be a resource for someone who's facing the same problem in the future.

My trial has a lot of music that's 'custom'. I've cropped off the ends to get them to loop properly, however, when I input the 'loop start time' it appears as though it's completely ignored.

I have tried hosting the file on two different sites, Discord and Dropbox. I've tried Chrome and Firefox (I'm on Windows, btw) to see if there's an issue with what browser I'm using. I've tried messing with the loop start time just in general. None of these solutions seem to make a difference when I sit in the player, listening to it to see if it loops properly. It always returns to the beginning of the track.

Here's the music. I've set its loop to start at 9.6 seconds in (ignore the darker colors, I just have Dark Reader).

Here's the file.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... _Lobby.mp3

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qnrxooz5kwr8d ... y.mp3?dl=0 / https://dl.dropbox.com/s/qnrxooz5kwr8d0 ... _Lobby.mp3

This is a problem for all my other music files as well.
ImageImageImage
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [P] [E] Music loop function not working for custom music

Post by Enthalpy »

Hosting the file on Dropbox vs Discord shouldn't affect whether looping works.

Have you been having problems with the built-in music tracks?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
applekitty

Post by applekitty »

Yes, this problem persists even with the built-in music tracks. They loop back to the beginning as well.

Would taking a recording help?
ImageImageImage
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Probably not! It was just easier for me to ask you for additional details than to open up the editor and see for myself. :)

"Music loop feature isn't working, period," is a much saner problem, and one I should be able to reproduce without much effort. I need to finish up a QA, but I'll put this high on my list of active issues, AAO-side.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
applekitty

Post by applekitty »

Glad I could bring it to your attention, then!

Let me know if it's not a problem on your end, though.
ImageImageImage
Jofe
Spoken languages: Français [100%], English [70%]

Post by Jofe »

I have the same problem actually. I don't know exactly when it appeared but it's around the same time beeps started to bug in Firefox.
Image Image Image Image Image
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Jofe wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:16 am I have the same problem actually. I don't know exactly when it appeared but it's around the same time beeps started to bug in Firefox.
That would be when we switched the audio backend from the very old SoundManager system to Howler. We forgot to double-check the music loops were working as intended when we switched. I'll try to get this fixed sooner rather than later.

In future, don't hesitate to file a report when you notice a problem like that!
Furygun81

Post by Furygun81 »

Hey all, this problem's still persisting for me. I used https://furygun81.github.io/Music/AA4-Trucy-4595.mp3 and inputted a loop start time of 4595 (miliseconds?). Instead of starting from there, it just plays from the very beginning once it reaches the end.
applekitty

Post by applekitty »

Furygun81 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:41 pm Hey all, this problem's still persisting for me. I used https://furygun81.github.io/Music/AA4-Trucy-4595.mp3 and inputted a loop start time of 4595 (miliseconds?). Instead of starting from there, it just plays from the very beginning once it reaches the end.
The fix currently hasn't been implemented yet. Enthalpy's still workin' away on it. :P
ImageImageImage
Furygun81

Post by Furygun81 »

ChingKittyCat wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:59 pm
Furygun81 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:41 pm Hey all, this problem's still persisting for me. I used https://furygun81.github.io/Music/AA4-Trucy-4595.mp3 and inputted a loop start time of 4595 (miliseconds?). Instead of starting from there, it just plays from the very beginning once it reaches the end.
The fix currently hasn't been implemented yet. Enthalpy's still workin' away on it. :P
Ahh okay sorry! Thank you :)
Aaron, he/him