Help! Text box popping into existence every frame

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

CamDamFlimFlam
Spoken languages: English

Help! Text box popping into existence every frame

Post by CamDamFlimFlam »

I am very new to this so oops if there's an obvious solution but - when I playtest my own cases, the text box keeps disappearing and coming back every new frame, but on published custom cases it stays on screen the whole time and I would like my text boxes to do that too. It's minor but it's really bothering me and feels kind of jarring.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Help! Text box popping into existence every frame

Post by Enthalpy »

Thanks for the report. If you look closely, this doesn't happen for all of your frames, but only the ones where you don't define a place. I suspect that this "flicker" effect happens only when you don't define a place, and the other trials you're seeing do define the place on every frame.

There's no reason why the text box flickering should depend on whether you explicitly set the place on this frame. I'll add it to my to-do list. This bug is going to annoy me, too.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Help! Text box popping into existence every frame

Post by Enthalpy »

And now that I've done some preliminary investigating, I take back what I said a few minutes ago. I can observe the flicker effect even when a place is defined.

In any event, there's some debugging to do...
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson