Sprites not appearing properly

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Jester
Spoken languages: English

Sprites not appearing properly

Post by Jester »

My sprite has only the forehead visible, now sprite size is 1024 x 1024, so how do I go about fixing it for the case that I am trying to work on and have it be nearly fully shown? Do I have to shrink it (keep in mind I don't own the file so if there is a way to shrink it if I don't have the original file you will have to tell me.) or is there something else I would have to do? It shows the GIF file properly in the menu, but in playtest does not work properly and just shows the forehead. (Though the profile head is missing the gray background I would like information on that as well, but that is a minor issue compared to being unable to outright see the character).
Jester
Spoken languages: English

Re: Sprites not appearing properly

Post by Jester »

Seems like the issue was that it is too big, still got no idea how to fix the size since I don't own the asset. Tested it with a png that was 128 x 128.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Sprites not appearing properly

Post by Enthalpy »

The standard sprite size is 256 x 192.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson