[T][PyWright] A New World Of Turnabouts

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

XavierWright
Spoken languages: English

[T][PyWright] A New World Of Turnabouts

Post by XavierWright »

A New World Of Turnabouts

Two young rookies face off against each other in the courtroom, both on their first case, and both familiar with each other. What starts off as a simple case of murder, soon becomes a dark plot that ties in to a case from 12 years past. The prosecutor seems to know more about the situation than the others, and soon finds himself having to fight a demon related to his past...
Spoiler : :
Credits:
Dolores Willows - Sligneris, Anyare
Daniel Radcliff (Extra) - SuperAj3, Sligneris, Tap
Markus Parkly - Appl3jack, TheDoctor, VirtAnderson
Zoey Parkly - Rajin, mercurialSK
Tara Loft - Lind
Martha Tive/Constantine Porter (Extra): FenrirDarkWolf
Victor Maskerone (Young) - FenrirDarkWolf
Mathias Parkly - FenrirDarkWolf, Aeliren
Emma Lori (Extra) - Tap
Ropfa - For his tutorial on PyWright
Staraora - Custom Evidence
TheDoctor - Thought Route Sprites
PyWright Engine by Saluk
Walkthrough:
TRIAL - Daniel POV
Testimony 1
Present Crime Photo on statement 4

Testimony 2
Press statement 2
Present Watch on Statement 4
Present Witness Statement

Testimony 3
Press all statements

Testimony 4
Press statement 2
Select 'It's here' when prompted
Select 'She struck the victim' when prompted

Present Truman Acer's profile

INVESTIGATION - Interlude
(This section is actually pretty easy, so there's no need for an explanation on this part.)

TRIAL - AN-3 Flashback
Testimony 1
Present Tara Loft's profile on statement 2
Present Security Camera Footage

Testimony 2
Press last statement
Select 'Time when you called the police' when prompted
Present Call Transcript on added statement
Select 'In a testimony' when prompted
Present Martha Tive's profile
Present Mira Willows's profile
Present Bag of money

INVESTIGATION - Markus's POV
Daniel's Hospital Room
Exhaust All Talk Options

Criminal Affairs
Exhaust All Talk Options
Move to Detention Center

Detention Center
Select 'Mole' talk option
Present Strange Gem

PORTER PSYCHE-LOCK
Present Dolores Willows's profile
Present AN-3 Case File
Select 'You were the prosecutor' when prompted
Present Mira Willows's profile

Detention Center
Select the only talk option

Move to Criminal Affairs
Move to Tender Lender

Tender Lender:
Select the only talk option
Present Strange Gem

VIOLA PSYCHE-LOCK
Present Constantine Porter's profile
Present Truman Acer's profile

Tender Lender
Select the only talk option there is

Detention Center
Present Strange Gem

TRUMAN PYSCHE-LOCK
Present Bruto Cadaverini's profile
Present Viola Cadaverini's profile
Present Autopsy Report

TRIAL - Markus POV
Rebuttal 1
Press statement 4
Present Autopsy Report on statement 5
Present Dolores Willows's profile

Rebuttal 2
Press statement 1
Select 'Object' when prompted
Select 'The murder weapon' when prompted

Present Constantine's Profile or the Autopsy Report

THOUGHT ROUTE
Select 'They're watching it remotely' when prompted
Select 'They had no choice' when prompted
Present Phone Call Recording
Present Melissa Green's profile

Present Witness Statement

Final Testimony
Press All Statements

Select 'On someone's person' when prompted
Present Dolores Willows's Profile
Click on Dolores Willows's parasol

Present AN-3 Case File

--END--
Download

PyWright version 0.989 is recommended, since that's the version I made it on.
Last edited by XavierWright on Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:54 am, edited 9 times in total.
MedicInDisquise

Re: [T] A New World Of Turnabouts ●

Post by MedicInDisquise »

Just playing through this trial now, but I'm loving part 3's entire set up.
That might have had the most amount of set-up for an "updated autopsy report" callback I've ever seen. I didn't even see it coming until after I presented the updated autopsy report!
I'm really liking this case so far, I'll have more to say about it when I finish it.
MedicInDisquise

Sorry for double posting, but minor issue in the OP: The link to Part 3 actually leads you to Part 2.5. Luckily I had a Part 2.5 save really close to the end, so it wasn't a huge timesink.
XavierWright

Post by XavierWright »

Ah yes, thanks for letting me know about that haha. I've corrected that now.
MedicInDisquise

No problem, lol. Just completed the case. I really liked it; the characters were all fun and taking down the cuplrit was suitably satisfying.
Spoiler : More details, Spoilers For Everything :
Like I said, the premise of Part 3 was certainly amusing, and getting to play as Markus for the rest of the game was an interesting decision. Considering he got all of the backstory and the important moments, it really felt like he was the real main character the entire time and Daniel was just a set-up. Kinda like Raiden v. Snake from MGS2 a little bit. I also found your choice to use canon sprites really interesting - with so many custom sprites out there these days. But I think cases like this and Turnabout Mugging show that there's still a lot of life in reusing canon sprites - in particular, Porter's/Tive's usage of Von Karma worked out really well and she fit the sprites like a glove while not sounding like a Franziska copy. Same with Markus.
My only real criticism is the some of the logic - it all checks out, there's no major plot holes, but for example presenting Bruno's profile at Acer's psychelock segment felt like a really long reach to me at first, and presenting Dolore's profile when the game asks you for a murder weapon also confused me a bit at first. I think maybe a bit more hinting would be useful? Or maybe I'm just smoothbrained, who knows :cute:
All in all, this is pretty good case and I'm surprised that it seemingly flew under the radar a bit for some reason. You really put a lot of effort into it, and this was a bit of a treat to play through these last two days!
XavierWright

Post by XavierWright »

Thank you for the review.
Yeah, it's true I could've done something better with presenting the Brutos profile and the weapon. I intend to rectify that with future cases if possible.

Daniel, while an important part of the case, was only playable during the first part to get the case rolling. I didn't want to discard him entirely so I gave him a dilemma of his own.

In any case, thank you for playing my case and the feedback.
Diyarhan
Spoken languages: Turkish, English

Post by Diyarhan »

Hey, I am playing part 1 right now and I have a thing to ask.
There were glass shards inside the room according to the photo and the thing prosecution said. In game, it says, if glass shards are in the room, that means killer has broken it from inside. But if i am not wrong.. isn't it the other way around? If the glass shards are inside, doesn't that mean it was broken from outside, not inside?
I don't know if I can send links here but you can look to the internet. I think it says there too.
Finished it.
Updated autopsy report strikes again. Actually for your first case, it was good. I liked the story and the mystery stuff was good too. Markus saying not guilty and Daniel saying guilty was actually a great sequence. I knew Emma was kidnapped when I couldn't see her in the court. Using Cadenza - Cornered was a brilliant choice. Overall, it was a good case. Thanks for it! But, Scooby Doo this crap! Best thing about this case was "Nick" scenes :phoenix:
Last edited by Diyarhan on Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
XavierWright

Post by XavierWright »

Not entirely correct. They were able to tell that the window was broken from the inside because they checked where the majority of the glass fell. Some of the glass fell inside but most of it fell outside. That's why they were sure that the window was broken from the inside.
Diyarhan
Spoken languages: Turkish, English

Post by Diyarhan »

XavierWright wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:46 pm
Not entirely correct. They were able to tell that the window was broken from the inside because they checked where the majority of the glass fell. Some of the glass fell inside but most of it fell outside. That's why they were sure that the window was broken from the inside.
Oh, I see. Thanks for the answer.
XavierWright

Post by XavierWright »

Diyarhan wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:14 pm Hey, I am playing part 1 right now and I have a thing to ask.
There were glass shards inside the room according to the photo and the thing prosecution said. In game, it says, if glass shards are in the room, that means killer has broken it from inside. But if i am not wrong.. isn't it the other way around? If the glass shards are inside, doesn't that mean it was broken from outside, not inside?
I don't know if I can send links here but you can look to the internet. I think it says there too.
Finished it.
Updated autopsy report strikes again. Actually for your first case, it was good. I liked the story and the mystery stuff was good too. Markus saying not guilty and Daniel saying guilty was actually a great sequence. I knew Emma was kidnapped when I couldn't see her in the court. Using Cadenza - Cornered was a brilliant choice. Overall, it was a good case. Thanks for it! But, Scooby Doo this crap! Best thing about this case was "Nick" scenes :phoenix:
Thank you very much for playing and I'm glad you liked it.
Oh yes, the Nick scenes were my favourite as well. It was originally just going to be there for comedic effect but I actually realized it'd be a good excuse to give Marky boy the magatama.
Mr.Triple R
Spoken languages: English, Portuguese

Post by Mr.Triple R »

Still on the 1st part, actually playing right now, but it's always better to get to work with some fresh information.
Spoiler : My Thoughts and some Commentary :
I honestly like Daniel, even if I'm just on the first testimony right now, he seems to react different from Apollo and Phoenix to his first trial, instead of being all nervous and trying to act tough, he admits it and sometimes acts on the impulse by being annoyed, but I like that because it's different from the usual acceptance that Apollo and Phoenix give when they're facing someone annoying.

Emma is adorable, and I laughed when she's giving us a clue after the testimony and Daniel thinks that she's doing more than him on thinking.

Truman, I still don't have any opinion on, and neither the victim, but I like how Victor acts with Markus, even if it's too early to say something, by the way, I think that the shards of the window could also lead to the right objection, but that's just me, you must have your reasons to put the window as the answer.

And if I like Daniel, I'm truly loving Markus, he makes me feel like going back to the time that I played AO, Attorney Online, with some friends with homemade cases, and all because he's not exaggerated as the other prosecutors, he seems like Daniel on that part of being a relatable person, since he acts more like anyone would in his position.

"Give me a break! I was just quoting the witness..." Seriously, I'm loving this guy, and the "...No comment." from Danie was also good.

"How is this relevant, if I may ask?" Honestly, I think understanding why the victim and the defendant break up it's a pretty relevant part of the case, considering she took his watch out of spite because of the break-up, and details about their relationship can help to understand the course of action, but I think I'm more talking in a detective sense than an attorney sense.

"Committing murder because she stole from him...? Isn't that a little extreme?" No kidding, Daniel.

"The Prosecution fully acknowledges that there is a flaw in the proposed motive..." Wow, I'm impressed, he's admitting it, I'm liking Markus more and more.

"...So what?" What do you mean by "so what"?!

"(Motive alone is pretty weak to clear someone...)" That depends, but I like to see that this case isn't going, at least right now, on a full dumb route of "you need to prove everything to be innocent, even if you already proved that your client couldn't do it." because there are logical and rational points that still frames Truman, like the fact that only he had the key, and the letter, that's honestly pretty solid writing until now.

"There's still a chance to save your case, Radcliff. You can't yield just yet." Okay, Truman, you're gaining some points with me, I just think that his sprite could be a little more to the left, even if it covers a little Emma, wouldn't be all bad, but still a good use of two people at the same frame.

"If the Prosecution has no objections, I don't see why we shouldn't call this witness." I honestly got surprised with this part, I thought Markus would offer more fight, and then we would need to show that there's still no murder weapon to be found, I thought that was the evidence to show before presenting the letter.

"Interesting move... He could've just objected and ended the case. It would have been an easy win." I think the fact that the murder weapon is missing it's still a point that could bring some doubts about the case and offer more gound to the defense, but it's not a lie that would be an easy win for him.

"Dorothy was an awful person. It shouldn't be any surprise that I left her." Well, we never met her before, so... actually, that's a problem with first cases sometimes, that the characters seem invested in it, but in truth, we don't care about the victim because we never met them, of course, I'm expecting something Apollo Justice Ace Attorney level to have a whole thing about the victim that we'll know later, but still, it's something that bothers me, but not taking out credit from you, because the character I've known until this point are good enough.

"(Wait, why am I even thinking that...? Acer wouldn't lie to me!)" Yeah, I've seen that situation before, and trust me, Daniel, it's not that simple, but I like to see that his mind is now starting to doubt about even his friend, which makes him realistic and proves he's improving.

"...Name. Occupation. Now." That's my man, and I laughed at the fact he was always asking while she was giving excuses.

"(H-Huh? Why is she looking at me like that?)" I just felt a chill, dude.

"H-Huh? T-Thanks?" Don't fall into the siren's trap, Daniel, she'll drown you in the ocean.

"Witness, you will stop with these shenanigans and testify now!" Yes, please, this was starting to feel like one of those teenage shows for a moment, although I would watch something like that, to be frank.

"(T-That's fair, I guess... But why does Emma sound so annoyed?)" If Daniel give as "Jealous?" to Emma I would laugh hard.

"(How can you say that so casually with a straight face...?)" It's a way of reassurance Daniel, only to put the attention on that version of the story.

"Only because the defense attorney asked first..." Oh, God...

"Ow! Hey! Why'd you pinch me?!" Thanks, Emma. "Sorry. I just felt like hurting someone for some reason." She's J-E-A-L-O-U-S!

"That's all I heard, I'm afraid. They got a bit quiet after that." If that's true...

"W-Witness! What is the meaning of this?!" ... forget it, the best boy, aka Markus, has already got it.

"I didn't think what I heard was important, so I didn't bother mentioning it." You...

"(Well, that took a dark turn.)" I agree, geez, Markus.

"Anything for you, Mr. Attorney." Emma, please, do it again.

"I would have listened to Mr. Parkly instead of you." Good enough punishment.

"Because there is a contradiction within your statement just now." There is?

"There was a teacher nearby. I called him, he called the police." Yeah... I kinda figured that out, so that's why I wasn't expecting a contradiction on that.

"Namely, where did the murder weapon go? It was not discovered at the scene." I knew I was right! But honestly, I would like to Daniel give that card, so it won't feel like Apollo's first case that he had to be saved almost all the time by Kristoph or Phoenix.

" 'Daniel'? Since when were you two on a first-name basis?" Jealousy much? JK, but still I'm getting excited to know about these two.

"However, if you were to compare it to the facts..." Honestly, that's hard to do on Ace Attorney, Emma, but you got my attention.

"I know, right? Maybe I should become a lawyer, as well!" Yes, please.

"(Please don't.)" Like she said, party popper.

"Is such a small issue really important?" Judge, take some normal pills because you're not seeing the point! She said she listen to their conversation, she didn't even mention the window breaking, nor the fight sounds, and she only entered when Truman was already gone!

" I said, in these exact words, 'The victim was struck with a blunt object and died almost immediately.' " That's right!

"What kind of kangaroo court is this?!" Miss, I don't even need to study the law to know that this is not something small considering all the facts.

"I'm afraid there is no reason to not believe her." Tbh, I think the whole thing of she only hearing and now saying about the back is already enough, even with the whole "evidence is everything" part.

"...The camera itself needs to be intact to access the footage." Camera evidence on AA cases is also always kinda meh to include, so yeah, at least we won't have a whole thing just because of that.

"(Nrgh! What kind of clown car technology are these guys using?!)" Again, no kidding Daniel.

"The murder weapon!" You must be kidding me.

"You really expect us to buy that?!" I mean, yeah, that seems pretty forced to someone fall for that!

"(This girl is really starting to get on my nerves!)" AGAIN, no kidding, Daniel.

"There was also blood on it, so..." Well, I don't remember you mentioning anything like a fight, a window break, or something in your testimony you liar!

"Sorry witness, but I don't buy that for a second." Thank you, Markus!

"I doubt you'd risk that much for someone who doesn't even like you. Not to mention your testimony was already incriminating the defendant anyway."

Markus is spilling facts! And to be honest, she's kinda forcing too much on that, she could at least get some build-up on that part before coming with that lovey-dovey bullcrap and feels a little forced to be honest.

"(But... That's not fair!)" A-G-A-I-N, no kidding, Daniel, I live up with that crap on a daily life basis when comes to AA cases.

"What!? Why?!" Don't you dare come with "Why?!" after this!

"I will also be looking into whether the defense's accusation against you holds any merit." And the prize for the best boy goes to Markus Parkly!

"It's going to explode!" Excuse me, WHAT?!

Okay, that concludes the 1st part, and what can I say? It's pretty good, of course, it could get some rework in some parts, that with Dolores telling she made that for Truman seems a little bit forced.

But now I don't know if she was just buying time for this bomb to arrive, but I like how you re-used these characters' sprites, and evidence, it was really clever.

And I hope the next parts can be even better than this first one, maybe you could even consider turning this into one big case with all the rework you could do, and the next parts, but that's just me saying.
Right now I'll give this part 1 a solid 7/10, mostly for the way all the stuff is being introduced, and all.
XavierWright

Post by XavierWright »

Ah, thanks for the commentary so far.
Yeh, I'm aware that this case has a bunch of flaws, (to be expected of my first case) and hopefully my future cases will differ.
Trust me though, the first version or part one when I look back made me wanna throw up.
XavierWright

Re: [T][PyWright] A New World Of Turnabouts

Post by XavierWright »

After lots of hard work, the PyWright remake of one of my oldest fancases on this site has been complete.
Trust me when I say the original AAO Version was hot garbage. While I'm not saying this one is flawless, I think it's a vast improvement over the original, and it fixes every gripe I had with the original. With that said, please enjoy and give me feedback!
AshuraMage
Spoken languages: English/Portuguese

Post by AshuraMage »

Finally finished and I must say, this case is pretty good!

I didn't play the original AAO version, so I can't say if this is an upgrade from it or not, so I am going to trust Xavier and say that this is a big improvement over the original.
Spoiler : Review :
The story and the mysteries are pretty good, I liked all the characters, even though I didn't quite understood why the main ones are all canon characters, but some others, like the defendant and the defense in the trial 12 years ago were custom characters, but np with this, just a minor confusion.

The music choices were pretty good, I didn't had a single moment were I felt "It would be better if THAT song was playing instead" or "Why would you use that track? It doesn't fit the game at all!", so, you got a point there.

One thing I would like to criticize is that Daniel really didn't had a big moment there, like, in both trials Parkly is carrying him, even when we aren't playing as him. I hoped he would got his big moment in the final, after retracting his guilty plea, but no, Parkly did everything again.

In the end, I would give this a 7/10, pretty enjoyable experience, good characters and nice mysteries. :pearlhappy:
In 2021 I was bored and made an AMV that now has 100K+ views
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

I saw this posted to Court Records a few days ago and didn't realise this was originally from 2021!

I'm only on scene 6 of 69.
My thoughts so far (bear in mind I'm sure this will change)
As of now it's polished in terms of proof-reading and visuals, it's par for the course writing trying to emulate the OG games.

The prosecutor is condescending but has no real personality to back it up and so it's hard to accept his jabs at Daniel

I'll see how the rest goes.
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april: